Author Topic: Anyone else have problems finding clothes that fit?  (Read 8305 times)

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
Anyone else have problems finding clothes that fit?
« on: September 19, 2007, 09:03:06 PM »
So I haven't bought clothes in a while, and I decided hey what the hell is time to get some new gear.  I normally am a t-shirt and jeans kinda guy but I recently moved to LA (I'm originally from Hawaii) and I noticed the style is a lot different.  In LA it seems to be all about the metro-trendy gear (borderline queer), and it seems like thats what all the ladies dig (well the good looking ones anyway), so I decided to give it a whirl at the urging of a few of my girl friends here.  I am 5'8'' 185 lbs pretty muscular (not a beast, but not tiny either) and I walk into these designer stores and none of the clothes fit.  Its like all of this stuff is made for people who are like 6'2'' and 140lbs.  So I said F@#@ it and left.  I guess I'll just stick to T-shirt and Jeans.  Anyone else have similar trouble finding clothes that fit well?  Just curious.

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
Re: Anyone else have problems finding clothes that fit?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 09:06:08 PM »
dude i am 235 right now and i can find clothes

best off hiting nordtroms, nordstroms rack   the odd sizes go on sale san dusually dont; sell so they usually fit me well enough macys ,armani exchange sgoes to XXl and is not cut small ike diesel or an euro clothes  try online ordering worst case scenario

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 02:25:09 AM »
So I haven't bought clothes in a while, and I decided hey what the hell is time to get some new gear.  I normally am a t-shirt and jeans kinda guy but I recently moved to LA (I'm originally from Hawaii) and I noticed the style is a lot different.  In LA it seems to be all about the metro-trendy gear (borderline queer), and it seems like thats what all the ladies dig (well the good looking ones anyway), so I decided to give it a whirl at the urging of a few of my girl friends here.  I am 5'8'' 185 lbs pretty muscular (not a beast, but not tiny either) and I walk into these designer stores and none of the clothes fit.  Its like all of this stuff is made for people who are like 6'2'' and 140lbs.  So I said F@#@ it and left.  I guess I'll just stick to T-shirt and Jeans.  Anyone else have similar trouble finding clothes that fit well?  Just curious.

MY WORD 5' 8" 185 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE A F****N BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 02:48:20 AM »
nothing wrong with t-shirt and jeans combo bro

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 03:18:35 AM »
i have to have my suits and shirts tailored... but it's not much more expensive then buying off the rack

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 03:49:19 AM »
I feel u bro

affy

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 03:53:31 AM »
185lbs and you can't find clothes?

stop shopping in the goddamn kids section...every store has XL or XXL (though i highly doubt someone who is 185lbs can fit into these)

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 03:53:46 AM »

oh brother  ::)

post a pic of yourself and lets see how big you are.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 03:57:54 AM »
5'8 and 185 probably isn't as skinny as we think.  I'm guessing by the user name that said gentlemen is Asian so he is probably A) lying about his height and B) has very small joints.  He probably carries decent size at that weight.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 04:01:49 AM »
5'8 and 185 probably isn't as skinny as we think.  I'm guessing by the user name that said gentlemen is Asian so he is probably A) lying about his height and B) has very small joints.  He probably carries decent size at that weight.

he is a shit gimmick

hope that helps
T

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 04:05:33 AM »
Nah in all seriousness bro, be yourself, That is far more important. If if not going to church/going out for dinner etc I always wear loose T, Jeans and smart trainers

Most of these metrosexual bottom boy clothes are too small anyway, I went to store the other day to get a couple of grey tees for the gym and even the XL was skn tight (yeah im a beast i know ;D)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 04:09:21 AM »
who cares what the bitches think. they'll come around when i flex my guns. bitches come up to me many of times and gave me compliments of my unique sense of fashion. whether it be the knee high otomix boots in suede, the spandex, the boot cut chuck norris action jeans or the world gym sweats.

Z

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 04:13:16 AM »
i usually wear football jearsy with baggy pants ,feels comfortable

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 04:17:09 AM »
At 5'8 least of your worries shuld be fitting into clothes. If I was that height id be worried about not being able to get my drivers licence or buy alcohol or even get into a rated MA movie without parental guidance.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 04:22:48 AM »
the problem isn't finding clothes that fit, the problem is finding stylish looking clothes that fit: I need dresshirts with a good amount of tapering otherwise it's like I'm wearing a tent around my waist.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 04:23:30 AM »
At 5'8 least of your worries shuld be fitting into clothes. If I was that height id be worried about not being able to get my drivers licence or buy alcohol or even get into a rated MA movie without parental guidance.
Many top great bbers r beyween 5'6-5'9

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 04:27:39 AM »
the problem isn't finding clothes that fit, the problem is finding stylish looking clothes that fit: I need dresshirts with a good amount of tapering otherwise it's like I'm wearing a tent around my waist.
I usually get L or XL T-shirts and have the area around the waist adjusted by the tailor, as a bber i have to customize everything

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 04:27:45 AM »
Many top great bbers r beyween 5'6-5'9

so are many short annoying people who hit their wives

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 04:27:53 AM »
I'm currently 5'10 287-290 and it is absolutely imbossible to find clothes that fit or anything else for that matter. I had to special order the cuff for my blood pressure meter (which it seems i don't even need). Anyway, two weeks ago i went "shopping" with a friend and he found everything and all i found was socks and boxers. By the time we wen't to the third shop i didn't even bother looking trough the racks, i just went to the info and asked: "do you have ANYTHING that fits me?" Everywhere i went i got, sorry no... Except in one place the babe selling the clothes said: "i think we have one t-shirt model that fits you. It didn't.

Usually i can get t-shirts, socks, boxers and shoes, but that's it. I know that these days many bitches like the FAG look, but i don't care and i would never ever put any of those clothes on that 98% of "guys" wear at clubs...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 04:30:45 AM »
I usually get L or XL T-shirts and have the area around the waist adjusted by the tailor, as a bber i have to customize everything

hahahaha, you must be a absolute beast.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 04:33:14 AM »
I'm currently 5'10 287-290 and it is absolutely imbossible to find clothes that fit or anything else for that matter. I had to special order the cuff for my blood pressure meter (which it seems i don't even need). Anyway, two weeks ago i went "shopping" with a friend and he found everything and all i found was socks and boxers. By the time we wen't to the third shop i didn't even bother looking trough the racks, i just went to the info and asked: "do you have ANYTHING that fits me?" Everywhere i went i got, sorry no... Except in one place the babe selling the clothes said: "i think we have one t-shirt model that fits you. It didn't.

Usually i can get t-shirts, socks, boxers and shoes, but that's it. I know that these days many bitches like the FAG look, but i don't care and i would never ever put any of those clothes on that 98% of "guys" wear at clubs...
ur either fat or ur Jay Cutler

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 04:36:07 AM »
hahahaha, you must be a absolute beast.
i aint a beast, im 5'7 at 192,      i like my jersy to be a bit loose ,just feels more comfortable huh

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 04:40:24 AM »
ur either fat or ur Jay Cutler

Nope. Just a guy who's been training 10+ years seriously.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 04:46:17 AM »
Nope. Just a guy who's been training 10+ years seriously.
well ill have to congrat u for this achivement,290 at 5'10 aint eazy job

Dr. Shock

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 04:50:23 AM »
How about buying some of these??  :D