Author Topic: Addie spay complications  (Read 21421 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Addie spay complications
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2007, 11:58:07 AM »
Glad to hear things are going better...

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2007, 03:38:16 PM »
Thanks Laura and Tu!   :)

My baby girl is home!!   She was so excited!!  Dragged me out the door, said let's go home!!!

She's on antibiotics for a few more days, gets her sutures/staples out in 10.  Will decide then if a recheck of any blood work is necessary.  She is not on any pred since it can interfere with or slow down healing, and isn't on any pain meds because they can affect blood clotting sometimes and we really don't want to mess with her blood!!  She doesn't seem to be in "much" pain, but is quiet.  She is resting on the couch now, I bet being in a strange place and strange animals making noise doesn't make for restful sleep, so I think being home is some of the best medicine she can have.   :)

Tad was pretty defensive when he saw her.  The fur on his back by his butt was all standing up (I guess looking like your ass is huge is a defensive strategy  ;D  I wish I had gotten a pic of that he looked like a badger or something) and was barking at her and ticked when she came near me, he has since settled down and I think realizing who she is.  Briona and Emmett were all sniffy and a bit skittish too, like they recognize her smell but it is different so they are wary.  I expect by the end of the night or tomorrow morning they will all be fine. You'd think she was gone a lot longer than 6 days!!!!  She had no problem with any of them, in fact she tried to play with Briona a little and it was kind of funny to watch Briona running away like "Mom!! She's touching me!!"   ;D   I told Tad to remember that she was the only one who liked him when he first came here and to stop being a lil shit!   >:(

If she continues on fine then she will just be red flagged for any future surgeries and will be given blood products after surgery to prevent this from happening again. She could be be borderline von Williebrand's or something and surgery brings it on.   

A few quick pics:

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2007, 03:39:58 PM »
Addie snoozy face, and one taking of Tad and Briona.  Maybe Tad is upset that she is back because he was making time with Bri?   ::)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2007, 03:45:48 PM »
Tad has been a snuggle whore in Addie's absence and has been shacking up with Bri most of the time.  :o  I even took a few pics but will have to make sure Addie doesn't see Tad's betrayal!!!

MONSTER CUDDLES!!! ;D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2007, 03:51:23 PM »
MONSTER CUDDLES!!! ;D

I am making sure Addie doesn't see that, but I think she would understand.  Tad is a lil baby and likes to sleep with one of them, his preference is usually Addie.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2007, 04:07:10 PM »
She lose weight?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2007, 04:51:44 PM »

Tad was pretty defensive when he saw her.  The fur on his back by his butt was all standing up

Maybe he thinks Addie is the low-woman on the totem pole now since being gone and he's edged above her?  He may want to check himself ;D

LOL @ the pics and stories thank yo so much.....such great updates thank God.  Addie looks beautiful  :)

(Bri and Tad look cute too  :))

R

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2007, 05:54:51 PM »
Maybe Tad smelled the other animals scent on Addie from the vet

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2007, 08:56:19 PM »
AWWWW   great pics flower!  I'm glad to see her home, and I am sure you and the other pups are too!

:)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2007, 05:41:13 AM »

I am glad to see she is doing better and she is home.  She is probably so happy to be back.  I wish you all the best.

Yeah, she is pretty happy!  :D    She's very, uhm.... stoic?   She was panting a lot last night even though it wasn't hot, I think maybe that is because she is in some discomfort?  I put a warm compress on her incision and that area and it seemed to help. I will be mentioning that to the vet along with that she seems to be drinking more water than usual.  Not gulping it down like she's dying from thirst, just more than normal it seems.    I folded up a comforter for her on the floor because sometimes finding space on the couch is not possible and I don't think curling up in the chair would be comfortable for her. Getting up and down which is easy for a big dog like her, may bring some discomfort too.  She has some bruised and bloody (but not like her back leg!) sores on her elbows from the kennel probably from her condition making her bruise like that.  She looks pretty beat up!!!  Her coat still looks great though!!    Thanks for your kind words.  :)

knny- she had lost over 15 pounds before surgery, I think she lost a few more from this ordeal.  She's actually at a good weight for her now.  She looks sleek and healthy (besides all the bruises and incisions!).  So I will be attempting to keep her looking like she does now and not let her sow back up.
  ;D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2007, 10:26:54 AM »
They were all fine a few hours later.  This morning Tad was bouncing off Addie as they were waiting to be fed. No butt hairs sticking up.   ;D

When Tad comes to work and I bring him home all 3 are on him sniffing him up.  He scrunches down until they are satisfied that it is him and have checked out any interesting smells he brought with him.    ;D

I was snuffled pretty good after my visits with Addie.  Emmett almost sucked my shirt up his nose!! lol

I think they recognized her but their was some uncertainty.  She was gone, she has some different smells on her, she's still not feeling great, they picked up on all that. Briona and Emmett didn't act like they would if she was a totally strange dog, they were just cautious around her at first. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2007, 11:56:06 AM »
Glad to hear Addie is home.. I hate to say it BUT I TOLD YOU SHE WOULD BE FINE.. To many prayers going out for her not to be.. Glad you got your girl home...

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2007, 12:02:04 PM »
Glad to hear Addie is home.. I hate to say it BUT I TOLD YOU SHE WOULD BE FINE.. To many prayers going out for her not to be.. Glad you got your girl home...

Thanks Sin!!   Can't wait to get home and see her.  I feel a little apprehensive, I am not 100% at ease that this crisis has passed. 

Thanks for your support and prayers.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2007, 02:34:02 PM »
Keep topic of Addie's recovery & well being on course.....

or it will be deleted!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2007, 05:06:19 AM »
I'm so glad Addy is home and feeling better Flower!!!  :D
:D Weee

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2007, 09:38:22 AM »
I'm so glad Addy is home and feeling better Flower!!!  :D

Thanks Laura!!  The house is full again!!
    :D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2007, 11:23:21 AM »

Thanks Laura!!  The house is full again!!
    :D
I'm gonna send Rocky over to play!  :)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2007, 05:22:32 PM »
I'm gonna send Rocky over to play!  :)

Tad might get jealous if he makes a move on Addie, they are an "item" again   ;D

(You can kinda see Addie's catheter tape mark and her boo boo elbow  :()

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2007, 05:24:40 PM »
Tad might get jealous if he makes a move on Addie, they are an "item" again   ;D

hahaha . . . classic.  wonder if tad will always think of himself as a puppy b/c of the constant size differential b/w himself and his girls

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2007, 05:34:08 PM »
hahaha . . . classic.  wonder if tad will always think of himself as a puppy b/c of the constant size differential b/w himself and his girls

I don't think he thinks of himself as a puppy actually.  I have wondered if Addie took to him so quickly because she was intact and she felt maternal towards him though? She was fascinated by him, and Great Dane pups are big so he was the right size for a newborn Dane pup!   She is the more outgoing, readily accepting of other dogs, dog.  I watched a friend's American Bulldog for a week once and she immediately was playing with him.  Now THAT was a rambunctious week!!  He was 6months old and all big puppy!  I was really glad when he left!! lol!!

Just like I don't think the Danes are always aware of their size, I don't think Tad is either. 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2007, 05:38:24 PM »

Here's a Great Dane (8mos) with the Zoomies!!   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGRryKOfH1o&NR=1

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2007, 06:02:09 PM »

hey look its the flower family . . raw food and all.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2007, 06:06:07 PM »
That's a good one too!     ;D

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2007, 08:25:02 PM »
Those pics are really cute.

And that video with the 4 great danes is a great vid.  Great looking, well behaved dogs.  That is exactly how I feed Plato too, with him waiting until I say.  GREAT video, I respect those people.  Jesus they are big dogs too.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2007, 04:50:32 AM »
Awww, they look so cute Flower.  Makes me wanna get Rocky a friend.

Looks like they both are really glad Addies home.  :)