Author Topic: PDI or IFBB...............?!  (Read 16972 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: PDI or IFBB...............?!
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2007, 06:26:29 AM »
hahah Sami's success is limited to poorly lit rooms hahahah Shawn ow3d him big time with a gh sized dose of re-al-it-tee!!!!
L

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2007, 06:28:36 AM »
PDI was a very good idea, and it was a better option for Sami, Lee and other guys...
But for what it seems, the thing is DEAD, completely...Join the IFBB if you want to compete, simply because there is not choice  :-\
!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2007, 07:12:02 AM »

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2007, 07:15:27 AM »

The question is whether the PDI can survive without Wayne at the the helm. 

If it can, and if Sami can earn $50,000-60,000/year doing those shows in his spare time, then why not go for it? 

From a competitive standpoint, I'd like to see him on the IFBB stage against the best in the world, but from a cash standpoint, maybe he's better off someplace else. 

But as we sit here today, I'm unsure of the PDI's future as Wayne attends to more pressing concerns and the ship is being driven by someone else.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2007, 08:07:32 AM »
hahah Sami's success is limited to poorly lit rooms hahahah Shawn ow3d him big time with a gh sized dose of re-al-it-tee!!!!

hahahaha...funny thing is that I just posed in my living room too.  I got four first place votes from the couch, two chairs and coffee table.  The end tables gave me third place votes because they are from Bahrain and there's a consiracy to keep me from placing well.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2007, 10:43:03 AM »
You just made my point  ;D

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2007, 10:55:53 AM »
Well as it stands, posing inyour underwear in an obsolete room for the Internet is not the way to go about getting your career in the right direction.
Man up, make a stand and do what you gotta do.
It's not rocket science that you'll be competing against any door knob that has an entry fee and posing trucks when you hit the PDI Stage. Meaning if you win, who do beat and what does it mean?
Enjoy "thinking" about what to do while others like David Henry reap the benefits of his hard work being compare to the elite and posing on the biggest bodybuilding platform there is.
Sure beats posing alone in a dimmly light room :-\
Hope this helps steer you in the right direction :P

he sure as shit told you...now take the man's advice and dump the pdi...that's like playing in the XFL.
footloose and fancy free

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2007, 11:30:03 AM »
Depends on what you're in it for.  There's a lot of money to be made in the PDI that cannot be made by non "top-6" guys in the IFBB. 

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2007, 11:37:04 AM »
Rodney looks great. Very Full and thick. He is/was a solid IFBB competitor, was top 10 in every show he did since 04 except the O.   Had he been able to peak in all the shows he'd have been top 5. lets see what happens when him and Sammi stands side by side.   

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2007, 11:40:50 AM »
Depends on what you're in it for.  There's a lot of money to be made in the PDI that cannot be made by non "top-6" guys in the IFBB. 

"a lot of money"??????  What the hell are you talking about?  Take the prize money then deduct food expenses to get in contest shape, drugs to get into contest shape, travel expense to and from the show, plus hotel.  It's a money losing venture even for the guys that do it for a hobby much less a job.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2007, 11:44:02 AM »
"a lot of money"??????  What the hell are you talking about?  Take the prize money then deduct food expenses to get in contest shape, drugs to get into contest shape, travel expense to and from the show, plus hotel.  It's a money losing venture even for the guys that do it for a hobby much less a job.

I'm talking about the tour of Europe afterwords, the guest posings $, the seminars $$.  Lee Preist said he made quite a bit of money just on a couple shows, much more than he was making in the IFBB.

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2007, 11:47:30 AM »
there is no money in PDI.

who cares if you win PDI show? you have no credibility. no supplemnt company is going to endorse you because you are PDI champion. maybe some will but not many and not large companies like muscletech or BSN.

great you beat lee pirest and rodney st cloud. real proof that you are great right there. biggest PDI show does not even have the same worth has small IFBB show in Canada.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2007, 11:48:23 AM »
I'm talking about the tour of Europe afterwords, the guest posings $, the seminars $$.  Lee Preist said he made quite a bit of money just on a couple shows, much more than he was making in the IFBB.

Lee is much different than the usual cast of characters you see in those shows.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2007, 11:56:33 AM »
Sami, you could be the next Darrem Charles and be the king of the small shows!!

Let's figure out how to get you into the IFBB..

Shawn/Chic.....what's the next move/show? USA's..Nationals...what exactly?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2007, 12:09:26 PM »
Well as it stands, posing inyour underwear in an obsolete room for the Internet is not the way to go about getting your career in the right direction.
Man up, make a stand and do what you gotta do.
It's not rocket science that you'll be competing against any door knob that has an entry fee and posing trucks when you hit the PDI Stage. Meaning if you win, who do beat and what does it mean?
Enjoy "thinking" about what to do while others like David Henry reap the benefits of his hard work being compare to the elite and posing on the biggest bodybuilding platform there is.
Sure beats posing alone in a dimmly light room :-\
Hope this helps steer you in the right direction :P

Quoted for truth.

Sami you are putting all that shit in your body to snap pics in a laundry room?

risk-reward needs work

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2007, 12:10:14 PM »

That's a pretty good analogy.  ;D
Thank you sir  ;)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2007, 12:14:33 PM »
Lee is much different than the usual cast of characters you see in those shows.

Lee himself has said that if he were off, Sami could have taken him in a few different shows.  The point is, Sami is already making money in the PDI, should he now take a pay cut and jump to the IFBB just for a "shot at the glory?"

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2007, 12:31:57 PM »
Lee himself has said that if he were off, Sami could have taken him in a few different shows.  The point is, Sami is already making money in the PDI, should he now take a pay cut and jump to the IFBB just for a "shot at the glory?"

"Sami" first has to earn his way into the ifbb.  We can't assume he will automatically get a pro card.  But none of the PDI shows are guaranteed to happen.  And let's say he does win a few of the PDI Euro shows.  That prize money doesn't cover his expenses.  And he isn't getting the seminar and guest posing gigs that Lee could get because "Sami" isn't Lee.  Who cares what "Sami" has to say.  He doesn't have the reputation and experience of Lee.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2007, 12:36:13 PM »
"Sami" first has to earn his way into the ifbb.  We can't assume he will automatically get a pro card.  But none of the PDI shows are guaranteed to happen.  And let's say he does win a few of the PDI Euro shows.  That prize money doesn't cover his expenses.  And he isn't getting the seminar and guest posing gigs that Lee could get because "Sami" isn't Lee.  Who cares what "Sami" has to say.  He doesn't have the reputation and experience of Lee.

I think maybe you should ask sami yourself, I'm quite certain he's been at many guest posings and seminars and been paid for them as well.  It's not as if he's losing money on the deal.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2007, 12:40:40 PM »
I think maybe you should ask sami yourself, I'm quite certain he's been at many guest posings and seminars and been paid for them as well.  It's not as if he's losing money on the deal.

How do you know that he's not losing money?

Canuck

• Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2007, 12:41:39 PM »
Can Sami even attempt to earn an IFBB pro card?  I am sure in the US he gave up his amateur status by becoming a PDI Professional.  He now has to reapply for amateur status with the NPC to open that feeding system to the IFBB.
Is there an option in Europe that will let him compete for a card?

This is all assuming he is even intrested in obtaining an IFBB card.  Sami has been pretty vocal against the IFBB.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2007, 01:05:11 PM »
Hey Bro.. take it easy.. ;D  i meant Average of being NOT THAT big like the rest of the guys in the IFBB...!!  its just the SIZE talk bro... David Henry is one of the best, but i thought the time of LEE LABRADA, SHAWN RAY, RICH GASBARI etc is GONE and the past 10 years most the top bodybuilders are over 240 - 280  there is no more room for 200 -220 even DEXTER started playing the SIZE game which is started to bring him down with mid section

what you need to realise is that the 240-280ish bodybuilders of today look like shit, with their gh guts, layers of water, massive jaws and craniums etc.

the early 90's was perfect. stick with that look. 8)
175lbs by 31st July

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2007, 01:07:04 PM »
How do you know that he's not losing money?

Or should I say, not losing as much money as he would be competing in the IFBB.

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2007, 01:56:53 PM »

first of all we r paying for NOTHING..ticket, hotel, meals been paid.. already i got my E.ticket and hotle booking, i sent them the diet plan so they make it ready on my arrival day...
i didnt spend that much on my prep, i guess max is nearly $5k and in return nearly 19k to 24k for shows and 10k for guest posing so u do the math if i am losing cash ;D

i was Aiming for LEE this time but i wasnt lucky to stand next to him at the NOC coz of the cancellation but he was my Training factor and motivation, i am coming 100% to stand next to LEE may be he will come 99% and then his ass is mine ;D

Rodney looks great. Very Full and thick. He is/was a solid IFBB competitor, was top 10 in every show he did since 04 except the O.   Had he been able to peak in all the shows he'd have been top 5. lets see what happens when him and Sammi stands side by side.  

Rodney is great guy and good friend but he AINT in my way for the show ;) end of the day BEST MAN WIN.. so bring it on :-*
~ The Black Smith ~

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2007, 02:11:29 PM »

Rodney is great guy and good friend but he AINT in my way for the show ;) end of the day BEST MAN WIN.. so bring it on :-*
:o :o fighting words. I'm assuming the kiss was meant for  Rodney.  Hopefully he responds and get some kinda rivalry going on between you two.  End of the day that's all you can hope for that the best man wins.