Author Topic: PDI or IFBB...............?!  (Read 16783 times)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
Re: PDI or IFBB...............?!
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 07:45:51 PM »
No one can clearly asses how good a bodybuilder is until he step in stage with some REAL competition.

What do you mean? Jack London is real competition.  ???

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 07:46:40 PM »
True. Especially with the testing concerns

I think Sami has an oustanding physique, but plz recall the impact of the fact that much of the IFBB international amateur division does drug test. Many times, you need to pass comprehensive drug testing to get pro status, and they are even known to do random tests through the year. This is one thing that often can hold back some of the of the best ppl internationally from gaining IFBB pro status....

Manion can give a card to whoever he wants.  Without Lee and Sami, the "PDI" would be even more of a joke than it already is.  May as well hammer the final nail in the coffin.  ;)
Ron: "I am lazy."

tfalce

• Getbig II
Re: PDI or IFBB...............?! OR TROY MOORE
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 07:51:38 PM »
Where r u TROY?

ja351

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 08:32:50 PM »
Well as it stands, posing inyour underwear in an obsolete room for the Internet is not the way to go about getting your career in the right direction.

Do you feel that he needs to add some grapefruit to start heading in the right direction of the IFBB?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 08:36:01 PM »
IFBB or PDI?

Hmm.....

Stick with Musclegallery......at least they somewhat compensate you for stripping for gays...
HAHA, RON.....

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 08:36:52 PM »
IFBB sami. IFBB all the way. compete against real people and get into the side where you can make some actual money.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 08:40:20 PM »

I think Sami has an oustanding physique, but plz recall the impact of the fact that much of the IFBB international amateur division does drug test. Many times, you need to pass comprehensive drug testing to get pro status, and they are even known to do random tests through the year. This is one thing that often can hold back some of the of the best ppl internationally from gaining IFBB pro status....

And they don't drug test the NPC...
As empty as paradise

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2007, 08:43:52 PM »
Is the PDI even having their shows this year?  Didn't Wayne pretty much say he wasn't doing them, and offered the venues to anyone who wanted to promote the shows?

The PDI is DOA.  Join the IFBB.

Wayne was bed for the IFBB, I was very surprised about Lee competing in the PDI, Wayne FTU up  Lee many time with the pleasing in IFBB shows.

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 09:37:15 PM »
Well as it stands, posing inyour underwear in an obsolete room for the Internet is not the way to go about getting your career in the right direction.
Man up, make a stand and do what you gotta do.
It's not rocket science that you'll be competing against any door knob that has an entry fee and posing trucks when you hit the PDI Stage. Meaning if you win, who do beat and what does it mean?
Enjoy "thinking" about what to do while others like David Henry reap the benefits of his hard work being compare to the elite and posing on the biggest bodybuilding platform there is.
Sure beats posing alone in a dimmly light room :-\
Hope this helps steer you in the right direction :P

THANKS S. Ray ;)

~ The Black Smith ~

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2007, 09:54:26 PM »
And they don't drug test the NPC...

the ifbb internatial  (worlds) is drug tested as far as i know 

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2007, 10:41:16 PM »
It's not rocket science that you'll be competing against any door knob that has an entry fee and posing trucks when you hit the PDI Stage. Meaning if you win, who do beat and what does it mean?
It means a new Escalade, new 22s, a blackberry and $30,000 in the bank, as opposed to a net loss and a 5-page spread in Muscular Detention Facility. Just ask Chris Cormier.
BigNationRadio.com

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2007, 11:07:09 PM »
IFBB for sure, you would place quite well and yes win some of the 10K shows.  Could have won the Atlantic City for sure.  People showed up 95%.  The only person that was really dry was Hide, but of course he was overlooked because he's not well known enough.

Sami, we've discussed this before.  Go and get some of that $$$ man.  Plus I think you'll be able to pick up some more sponsorship dollars and get way more exposure.
???.  If sammy did the AC he'd have been btwn 6th and 9th.  No way he'd beat Craig or anyone infront of him.  He'd have a hard time beating Quicy.  From the front, it's close but back and hamstrings are Quincys' strenght and Samis' weakness.  Take a 6'8 guy by himself at a distance, he's gonna look like a giant, put him next to a bunch of NBA centers, he's gonna look short.  All the pics I've seen of Sami are by himself or next to bbers who don't belong on a pro stage.  Put him next to Craig or any of the guys in the top 5, different story. 

Sami, i'm sure you'll read this, I mean no disrespect to you.  I'm sure you believe differently, that's what being a competitor's about.  I hope you get the chance to compete against IFBB guys and prove it one way or the other if thats what you really want. Otherwise, you're like the 2nd string QB, very popular, people talking about how good you are, will be, could be, etc, most of the times it's simply because you're not in the game.

pushinweight

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2007, 11:19:21 PM »
Enjoy "thinking" about what to do while others like David Henry reap the benefits of his hard work being compare to the elite and posing on the biggest bodybuilding platform there is.
Sure beats posing alone in a dimmly light room :-\
Hope this helps steer you in the right direction :P

A couple things; as good as Sami is and he definitely looks better than 90% of the IFBB pros even if he isn't a mass monster, they will never let him win and at the most he might place in the money in a couple shows.  To date Sami in one year with the PDI has made more prize money than 99% of the current IFBB pros have in their career.   He should stick it out and see what happens with the PDI till he decides to quit.  While most IFBB pros have no money and lose money competing it appears Sami has done pretty well with an organization that wasn't supposed to put on any shows.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2007, 11:37:16 PM »
you're like the 2nd string QB, very popular, people talking about how good you are, will be, could be, etc, most of the times it's simply because you're not in the game.

That's a pretty good analogy.  ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2007, 11:39:01 PM »
Sami has done pretty well with an organization that wasn't supposed to put on any shows.

Yeah, but it's questionable whether they will be putting on any more.  :-\

Rodney St. Cloud

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2007, 12:24:42 AM »
Hey whats up Sami looking good cant wait until we get to norway!!!
Pics look good here are some pics. The quality is not that great because its a still image from a camcorder.

I will get some better pics as we get closer to the show.

Train Hard!!!
Rodney St. Cloud

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2007, 12:39:42 AM »
Rodney,

Are you still with the FDNY?
BigNationRadio.com

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2007, 12:50:30 AM »
the ifbb internatial  (worlds) is drug tested as far as i know 

there are many recent examples of top bodybuilders being given pro cards without having to qualify in IFBB amateur events

Sergei Ogorodnikov, Marcos Chacón, Silvio Samuel Saviour

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2007, 02:34:06 AM »

STFU  with your testing shit. U are an utter and complete moron when it comes to drugs by your own admission. stop talking like u know cause u don't. Even a doorknob such as yourself passed drugtests so stop yapping about that crap. Jesus  ::)

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2007, 02:57:59 AM »
Sami looking sick

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2007, 03:03:24 AM »
STFU  with your testing shit. U are an utter and complete moron when it comes to drugs by your own admission. stop talking like u know cause u don't. Even a doorknob such as yourself passed drugtests so stop yapping about that crap. Jesus  ::)

solid addition to the thread

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2007, 03:09:10 AM »

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2007, 03:26:12 AM »
I had to she fucking annoys me. back to the subj.

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2007, 03:38:09 AM »
Hey whats up Sami looking good cant wait until we get to norway!!!
Pics look good here are some pics. The quality is not that great because its a still image from a camcorder.
I will get some better pics as we get closer to the show.

Train Hard!!!
Rodney St. Cloud

Hey Rodney.. looking great, better size than last year and already i can see Fibers ;)  it will be cool show and am sure we gonna have fun like last year ;D

keep up the good work bro and see u in 20days
~ The Black Smith ~

AVBG

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2007, 06:20:22 AM »
Sami could petition Jim Manion for a pro card ala Lee Priest (just before he debut at the Niagra pro all those years ago)..

He (Sami) need not win the World amatuer champs , all he really needs to "qualify" (for want of a better word) is a national title..The rest is up to Manion.  ;)