Author Topic: PDI or IFBB...............?!  (Read 16959 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: PDI or IFBB...............?!
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2007, 02:15:35 PM »

i was Aiming for LEE this time but i wasnt lucky to stand next to him at the NOC coz of the cancellation but he was my Training factor and motivation, i am coming 100% to stand next to LEE may be he will come 99% and then his ass is mine ;D

Anyone know the real reason why Lee is not competing in the PDI this year? Falling out with Wayne? What?

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2007, 02:18:47 PM »
Nowhere near top 5 olympia. top 6 in $10,000 shows though.

Sami- i personally think that this post is not far wrong.

Yes you look good, and yes you have a classic build and dont show any hints of polumbuism...but you are not Top 5 at the Arnold IMO and definitely not top 5 olympia.

You'd be blessed to be top 10 in the 'O.

This is not to be offensive...but real. If the PDI offers more potential for earnings then stay there.. the IFBB is a tough nut to crack...but maybe you are more likely to get other gigs by being there..i dont know.

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2007, 02:25:51 PM »
:o :o fighting words. I'm assuming the kiss was meant for  Rodney.  Hopefully he responds and get some kinda rivalry going on between you two.  End of the day that's all you can hope for that the best man wins.

WHAT FIGHT ???....... why u twist it like that?? do u have fun by saying that...???  THATS HOW THE FUN get started in the show.... ;D i dont think ME or RODNEY or ANDREAS FREY going to Norway to have dinner :) we r going for CHALLANGE and each of us wants to proof he is the BEST....thats all Bro
~ The Black Smith ~

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2007, 02:27:22 PM »
I belive the only reason why Lee Preist joined the PDI is to challenge The IFBB, Bob, and Shawn, just to prove to the that he can take what ever decision and that the IFBB cant contrill him. but then realised  the PDI aint worth it, my point to Sami is dont expect him to show up in the PDI again .
I also think that Rodney will soon follow Lees decision  

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2007, 02:57:29 PM »
WHAT FIGHT ???....... why u twist it like that?? do u have fun by saying that...???  THATS HOW THE FUN get started in the show.... ;D i dont think ME or RODNEY or ANDREAS FREY going to Norway to have dinner :) we r going for CHALLANGE and each of us wants to proof he is the BEST....thats all Bro
No fight Sammi, not the way you're thinking, we have a language or customs barrier.  By figth, i mean the same thing you mean by FUN or mixing it up onstage.  If Rodney comes on here and mix it up with you or have FUN (fight in a friendly way) that'll generate interest, interest sells tickets.  I thought thats why you said what you said and sent the "kiss" to generate trash talk between you and him.  Hope you undesrtand me better now.   

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2007, 04:03:04 PM »
No fight Sammi, not the way you're thinking, we have a language or customs barrier.  By figth, i mean the same thing you mean by FUN or mixing it up onstage.  If Rodney comes on here and mix it up with you or have FUN (fight in a friendly way) that'll generate interest, interest sells tickets.  I thought thats why you said what you said and sent the "kiss" to generate trash talk between you and him.  Hope you undesrtand me better now.   

Ops.. forgive my ARABIC language bro ;D yeah you right 100% and thats what i am trying to do, mian thing is every thing should be done in a friendly way ;) even winning the show in a friendly way :o  it CAN be?!
~ The Black Smith ~

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2007, 04:10:40 PM »
hahahaha...funny thing is that I just posed in my living room too.  I got four first place votes from the couch, two chairs and coffee table.  The end tables gave me third place votes because they are from Bahrain and there's a consiracy to keep me from placing well.

LMAO  ;D

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2007, 04:12:38 PM »
In all seriousness, why cant ANY bodybuilder do ANY show regardless of what federation its in ?
L

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2007, 05:34:34 PM »
In all seriousness, why cant ANY bodybuilder do ANY show regardless of what federation its in ?

Precisely.

The PGA Tour wouldn't think of penalizing a pro who decided to play a non-PGA event. 

Why?

Because every appearance outside the PGA is another marketing opportunity for their product. 

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2007, 07:00:18 PM »
Can Sami even attempt to earn an IFBB pro card?  I am sure in the US he gave up his amateur status by becoming a PDI Professional. 

There is no such thing as amateur status in the NPC.   Stan McQuay and many others have competed as pros in Musclemania and the WNBF at the same time as competing in the NPC.

Also a court settlement in the early 1980s prevents the NPC from discriminating against anyone for competing in contests of other organizations.

However, unless Sami becomes a permanent resident of the US, it's unlikely that he could compete at the national level in the NPC.

But again, the IFBB can and has given pro card to who ever they want.  Nothing requires an athlete to first compete at the amateur level in the IFBB to become a pro.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2007, 07:04:14 PM »

However, unless Sami becomes a permanent resident of the US, it's unlikely that he could compete at the national level in the NPC.

Maybe Sami can pull a "Servio" and find someone to marry for a greencard?
HAHA, RON.....

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2007, 07:44:10 PM »
first of all we r paying for NOTHING..ticket, hotel, meals been paid.. already i got my E.ticket and hotle booking, i sent them the diet plan so they make it ready on my arrival day...
i didnt spend that much on my prep, i guess max is nearly $5k and in return nearly 19k to 24k for shows and 10k for guest posing so u do the math if i am losing cash ;D

i was Aiming for LEE this time but i wasnt lucky to stand next to him at the NOC coz of the cancellation but he was my Training factor and motivation, i am coming 100% to stand next to LEE may be he will come 99% and then his ass is mine ;D

Rodney is great guy and good friend but he AINT in my way for the show ;) end of the day BEST MAN WIN.. so bring it on :-*

I knew I was right on this, thanks sami for pointing out the facts!

You want my opinion, stay where you are if the money is there, you're certainly not going to come out any better in the IFBB financially speaking.  And goin toe-to-toe with Lee Priest is certainly something to brag about. You may be looking at MAYBE just maybe a few top 6 placings in some IFBB shows, making nowhere near as much money.  I would wait until you conquer Lee and/or the whole PDI and then make your move.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2007, 10:39:52 PM »
i didnt spend that much on my prep, i guess max is nearly $5k and in return nearly 19k to 24k for shows and 10k for guest posing so u do the math if i am losing cash ;D

Ok, free hotel and airplane ticket is chicken shit. You get $14-19k profit / show? How many shows? Two or three? Or zero? I'd also like to know who's paying $10k for guest posing please. Let's assume you earn $60k for fucking up your body; is it worth it? Get to IFBB and figure out a way to make $200-300k / year minimum because pro bodybuilder's career is short.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2007, 01:45:14 AM »
Ok, free hotel and airplane ticket is chicken shit. You get $14-19k profit / show? How many shows? Two or three? Or zero? I'd also like to know who's paying $10k for guest posing please. Let's assume you earn $60k for fucking up your body; is it worth it? Get to IFBB and figure out a way to make $200-300k / year minimum because pro bodybuilder's career is short.

There is 2 maybe 3 people in the IFBB that make over $100,000 competing

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2007, 02:01:25 AM »

WHEN u talk like a GENTELMAN then i will answer your questions ;)
~ The Black Smith ~

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2007, 06:38:08 AM »
first of all we r paying for NOTHING..ticket, hotel, meals been paid.. already i got my E.ticket and hotle booking, i sent them the diet plan so they make it ready on my arrival day...

Ok "Sami", here's a business lesson on how to come up with your net profit.  You have to calculate your TOTAL costs for the show to determine your profit.  So, even though your hotel, flight and meals AT THE SHOW are paid, you have to consider the costs to prepare for the show.  That means the costs of your day to day FOOD in excess of what a person ordinarily eats for sustinence in prep for the show, PLUS the costs of your DRUGS, plus the opportunity costs of having to live a lifestyle that does not allow you to work a regular job.

So, "Sami"  reply with your FOOD costs and your DRUG costs and we will go from there.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2007, 08:21:51 AM »
Ops.. forgive my ARABIC language bro ;D yeah you right 100% and thats what i am trying to do, mian thing is every thing should be done in a friendly way ;) even winning the show in a friendly way :o  it CAN be?!
No problem :). We have some similar friends/associates, including Rodney, who speak very highly of you, best wishes with all.

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2007, 08:34:12 AM »
Ok "Sami", here's a business lesson on how to come up with your net profit.  You have to calculate your TOTAL costs for the show to determine your profit.  So, even though your hotel, flight and meals AT THE SHOW are paid, you have to consider the costs to prepare for the show.  That means the costs of your day to day FOOD in excess of what a person ordinarily eats for sustinence in prep for the show, PLUS the costs of your DRUGS, plus the opportunity costs of having to live a lifestyle that does not allow you to work a regular job.

So, "Sami"  reply with your FOOD costs and your DRUG costs and we will go from there.

DIDNT i tell u i dont want to see u in my threads and i will ignor ur posts??!!  feel  a shame OLD MAN.. you are NOT well comed at all coz ur brain is Fu---- ;D

PLZ wear ur 1970 Optical Glasses and look at my post that u QUOTED ;) i said 5k that means $5000 = 1,889.75 Bahraini Dinars so this amount covers my (FOOD, SUPPLEMENTS,MASSAGE TREATMENTS etc.)  for about 3 months....then i do have a normal lifestyle which allow me to have Govorment job plus i do part time job as personal training SO OLD MAN if u didnt get hope u got it now and GET LOST FROM MY THREAD if u have little shame :-\   

~ The Black Smith ~

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2007, 08:41:40 AM »
  DIDNT i tell u i dont want to see u in my threads and i will ignor ur posts??!!  feel  a shame OLD MAN.. you are NOT well comed at all coz ur brain is Fu---- ;D

PLZ wear ur 1970 Optical Glasses and look at my post that u QUOTED ;) i said 5k that means $5000 = 1,889.75 Bahraini Dinars so this amount covers my (FOOD, SUPPLEMENTS,MASSAGE TREATMENTS etc.)  for about 3 months....then i do have a normal lifestyle which allow me to have Govorment job plus i do part time job as personal training SO OLD MAN if u didnt get hope u got it now and GET LOST FROM MY THREAD if u have little shame :-\   

Sammy, I like you.  You're a good bodybuilder but you'll never know that your great unless you stand against the top elite bodybuilders in the world and it isn't in the PDI.  You can say what you want about David Henry but the fact is that being onstage is much different then posing in your underwear with socks on for Getbig.

In other words, no-one gives a shit about a backseat bodybuilder.

If you're that good, then stop making excuses and compete in the IFBB.  Otherwise you'll never know how good you are
A

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2007, 08:53:09 AM »

Sammy, I like you.  You're a good bodybuilder but you'll never know that your great unless you stand against the top elite bodybuilders in the world and it isn't in the PDI.  You can say what you want about David Henry but the fact is that being onstage is much different then posing in your underwear with socks on for Getbig.
In other words, no-one gives a shit about a backseat bodybuilder.
If you're that good, then stop making excuses and compete in the IFBB.  Otherwise you'll never know how good you are

WHY you are that MAD ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D by the way i didnt say any thing BAD about David Henry IF u think so.. coz i gave him the credit.

so plz now try to Chill and not to be hater coz it wont make things better :-*
~ The Black Smith ~

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2007, 08:59:17 AM »
Hey Sami,
Don't bother defending yourself to every criticism on this board.  Trust me, there are a lot of loosers on this board who only put other people down.  I'd ignore them and keep doing what you are doing in the gym.  You look amazing!!!

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2007, 09:19:37 AM »
And vince G FLR MCT GHR XYZ is a looser so don’t pay any attention to him,, I still cant figure how the hell he can post here after his embracing crazy mofo look on stage,, you can describe this man with one word SHIT

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2007, 10:45:20 AM »
i think these daily posting pics r going fashion more that just posing ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2007, 10:53:09 AM »
   WHY you are that MAD ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D by the way i didnt say any thing BAD about David Henry IF u think so.. coz i gave him the credit.

so plz now try to Chill and not to be hater coz it wont make things better :-*

Sami, there's no hate and I'm not mad.  I said you were a good bodybuilder.  But this is what you said:

looking at the latest shows of the IFBB and i asked my self IS IT TOUGH to be with these guys   
to be honest, is it ME becoming that GOOD, or is it some top PROs started to fade and look not that good any more ( i guess Both)
  after D. Henry placing at the last show i knew IFBB started to take the right way on the average guys like me and judging fairly......so in a moment it came to my mind and thoughts PDI or IFBB....?!  i wish some guys not to take it wrong and think that i am aiming for IFBB   i am committed to PDI the whole 2007 and i am going no where

You are basically bragging that you are better than the some of the Top Pro's.  All I'm saying is to prove it by competing in the IFBB against these TOP IFBB Pro.  Also reading back, Shawn Ray pretty much said the same thing I'm saying.

You can fool yourself or disagree, but regardless, you'll never be able to prove yourself as a top bodybuilder unless you're competing against the best.  The IFBB is where they compete and that's where you have to go.
A

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2007, 10:58:25 AM »

Sami, there's no hate and I'm not mad.  I said you were a good bodybuilder.  But this is what you said:

looking at the latest shows of the IFBB and i asked my self IS IT TOUGH to be with these guys   
to be honest, is it ME becoming that GOOD, or is it some top PROs started to fade and look not that good any more ( i guess Both)
  after D. Henry placing at the last show i knew IFBB started to take the right way on the average guys like me and judging fairly......so in a moment it came to my mind and thoughts PDI or IFBB....?!  i wish some guys not to take it wrong and think that i am aiming for IFBB   i am committed to PDI the whole 2007 and i am going no where

You are basically bragging that you are better than the some of the Top Pro's.  All I'm saying is to prove it by competing in the IFBB against these TOP IFBB Pro.  Also reading back, Shawn Ray pretty much said the same thing I'm saying.

You can fool yourself or disagree, but regardless, you'll never be able to prove yourself as a top bodybuilder unless you're competing against the best.  The IFBB is where they compete and that's where you have to go.
Sami s on extreme low carb diet, he taking all posts as hate posts ;D