Author Topic: LMAO!!  (Read 3123 times)

The Coach

Re: LMAO!!
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 08:00:55 AM »
Joe,

I don't want very dumb people making decisions about things like starting wars, spending our kids' social security money, or long term health care in America.  Do you?

Would you rather have a "dumb" republican making decisions involving trillions of dolloars, or a lib?

Dude, I said he was dumb for the decision he made regarding, you know as well as I do that has very little if anything to do with his job performance. Kenney murdered someone and the Kenney's in general are womanizers, Bird was a KKK member, Clinton lied on the stand (thats a crime) geez Rob, I can write page after page of "mistakes" that Libs have made and nothings happend to their careers. Rob, put things in a little perspective.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 08:50:15 AM »
Dude, I said he was dumb for the decision he made regarding, you know as well as I do that has very little if anything to do with his job performance.

What is a Senator's job?

Make legislation.  Laws.  They create laws we follow.  They spend our money.  They vote to send us to fight wars.  They decide where our nation's money goes.  They write the laws which dictate our freedoms (the Constitution).

THis man pleaded guilty to a crime.  He did something, was interviewed by police, had 27 days to figure it out, and then "accidentally" pleaded guilty? 

It has EVERYTHING to do with his job performance.  He's telling us he doesn't understand a minor misdemeanor public behavior law.  That's what he's telling us, right?  He's telling us that he accidentally pleaded guilty to something - despite having a lawyer and 4 weeks to sort it out.

If the man cannot understand one law, in 4 weeks, with the help of his lawyer -

How in the WORLD can he understand complex legislation which sends hundreds of billions of dollars of borrowed money into use?

He cannot, Joe.  You and I both know he isn't  "dumb".  WE both know he didn't "accidentally" plead guilty to anything.  He looked over the small charge with his attorney, spent 4 weeks deciding, then put his signature on it.   He thought he could plead quietly, and no one would ever hear about it.  He was deceptive.

Can you admit the man was Deceptive, Joe?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 08:57:34 AM »

What is a Senator's job?

Make legislation.  Laws.  They create laws we follow.  They spend our money.  They vote to send us to fight wars.  They decide where our nation's money goes.  They write the laws which dictate our freedoms (the Constitution).

THis man pleaded guilty to a crime.  He did something, was interviewed by police, had 27 days to figure it out, and then "accidentally" pleaded guilty? 

It has EVERYTHING to do with his job performance.  He's telling us he doesn't understand a minor misdemeanor public behavior law.  That's what he's telling us, right?  He's telling us that he accidentally pleaded guilty to something - despite having a lawyer and 4 weeks to sort it out.

If the man cannot understand one law, in 4 weeks, with the help of his lawyer -

How in the WORLD can he understand complex legislation which sends hundreds of billions of dollars of borrowed money into use?

He cannot, Joe.  You and I both know he isn't  "dumb".  WE both know he didn't "accidentally" plead guilty to anything.  He looked over the small charge with his attorney, spent 4 weeks deciding, then put his signature on it.   He thought he could plead quietly, and no one would ever hear about it.  He was deceptive.

Can you admit the man was Deceptive, Joe?

A Senator's job?

Is to represent the area where he was elected from.
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 09:12:19 AM »
A Senator's job?

Is to represent the area where he was elected from.

His job is to represent them in Washington DC, creating and voting on legislation (laws).

My point here is that Joe is excusing his plea because he was "dumb" and didn't understand the misdemeanor charge against him.  I contend that the man is VERY good at understanding laws - he makes them!  There is NO WAY he accidentally pleaded guilty to a crime, knowing full well it'd likely be the end of his career.  normal people don't just plead guilty accidentally.  Senators with decades of lawmaking experience, armed with his own lawyer and 4 weeks time, DO NOT make silly mistakes like pleading guilty to something they didn't do.

My belief is that just like Alberto before him - some are allowing him to slide bcause they would rather believe he is DUMB, than accept he is being DISHONEST.

Joe - you CANNOT start throwing dem names into this either.  If I go to jail for killing 5 people, am I allowed to tell the jury "yeah, well, this guy killed ten people.  what's the big deal?"  No.  These are completely different arguments.  You start a Kennedy thread if you want to do that.  It's pathetic arguing and I am calling you on it now.

Face the facts at hand.  You man Craig pleaded guilty, and is now claiming he didn't understand a small misdemeanor charge.  It's an obvious lie.  People who make laws for a living don't accidentally plead guilty to anything.  It does not happen.  You're gullible, or you're lying to yourself.  And I don't think youre gullible.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 09:24:50 AM »

The mainstream media is bias towards the big corporations, and not only that, good journalism isn't marketable today.

Dont know about that bro on corporations not in media, corporations make the decisions for the media now, they have in house counsels in every major media newsroom in the country telling them what they can and cannot do, a corporate ambassador if you will.

Right no oney in journalism for any psychology science writers, or social. The writers have to dumb down things so much, that the sotry has to be linked to some kind of other outlet, like you said big brother or american idol.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »
His job is to represent them in Washington DC, creating and voting on legislation (laws).

My point here is that Joe is excusing his plea because he was "dumb" and didn't understand the misdemeanor charge against him.  I contend that the man is VERY good at understanding laws - he makes them!  There is NO WAY he accidentally pleaded guilty to a crime, knowing full well it'd likely be the end of his career.  normal people don't just plead guilty accidentally.  Senators with decades of lawmaking experience, armed with his own lawyer and 4 weeks time, DO NOT make silly mistakes like pleading guilty to something they didn't do.

My belief is that just like Alberto before him - some are allowing him to slide bcause they would rather believe he is DUMB, than accept he is being DISHONEST.

Joe - you CANNOT start throwing dem names into this either.  If I go to jail for killing 5 people, am I allowed to tell the jury "yeah, well, this guy killed ten people.  what's the big deal?"  No.  These are completely different arguments.  You start a Kennedy thread if you want to do that.  It's pathetic arguing and I am calling you on it now.

Face the facts at hand.  You man Craig pleaded guilty, and is now claiming he didn't understand a small misdemeanor charge.  It's an obvious lie.  People who make laws for a living don't accidentally plead guilty to anything.  It does not happen.  You're gullible, or you're lying to yourself.  And I don't think youre gullible.

This I agree with.

Bringing up others lame actions isn't gonna make your actions any better.

You have to judge each person against what you believe is right or wrong. Not what someone else did.

That's just what weaklings do.
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 09:34:11 AM »
This I agree with.
Bringing up others lame actions isn't gonna make your actions any better.
You have to judge each person against what you believe is right or wrong. Not what someone else did.
That's just what weaklings do.

Thanks.  IMO, that is one of the major flaws of this board.  I'd love to see a politics baord where everytime someone use the arguments "Yeah, well, so-and-so did this in 1965..." or the like, I'd like to see EVERYONE jump on them and ask it to stop.

It quickly derails every argument into a left vs. right thing, instead of a right vs. wrong argument.

Karl Rove bragged about his ability to use divisive politics - making it so that AMericans made decisions on how they felt based upon party lines, not individual issues.  This divisiveness is why our nation is in such trouble.   You can still be a great republican if you think the war is a bad idea.  You can still be a good republican if you think Sen. Craig is a deceptive man.   The only "team" here is Team America.  You can be a good dem and believe Hilary is a snake and William Jefferson belongs in prison.  I wish more people saw that.  "My Party, right or wrong" has become the war cry and it's the reason those last 40 senators cannot vote to end the war, even though statistically, the majority of their constituents want to end the war.