Author Topic: Vince Basile 65 years young today!  (Read 14181 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Vince Basile 65 years young today!
« on: September 21, 2007, 07:49:32 AM »
Getbig's reigning senior citizen along with "jpm".

Discuss

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Vince Basile 65 years young today!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 07:51:27 AM »
monster flyes.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 07:55:39 AM »
.....Still crazy after all these years.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 08:38:40 AM »
Wish him a happy birthday................ ............

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 09:08:35 AM »
Happy B-Day, Vince!!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 09:17:16 AM »
..and still refusing to answer questions about what his theories on hypertrophy are.
As empty as paradise

inzane

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 09:41:46 AM »
happy birthday vince

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 10:10:27 AM »
Happy b-day Vince! ;D

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 02:17:58 PM »
HAppy Birthday sir..May you have many more !

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 02:19:56 PM »
Does this mean he will change his name to Vince Senile?
Z

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 02:22:15 PM »
Have a Happy and Healthy Birthday Vince !

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 02:26:24 PM »
Happy Birthday Old Man Basile!!!!

Just please try to leave some cake and ice cream for the others fat ass. ;)
I

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 05:27:47 PM »
I always wondered what it would be like to be old age pension age. Well, folks, I don't feel any different so these are still the good old days. Being a gym owner I am self-employed so don't qualify for that pension or any other perks.

Like most people who age are getting older I was going to try to get in shape for the occasion. However, I competed in athletics last March and ended up with sore knees and elbows from the hammer throw which I had never done before. I won the javelin, discus and shot against almost no one else. It pays to pick the right year to compete so that the best guys are in different categories. I learned this trick from my mate Melvin Goodrum! My knees and elbows have healed now. Takes longer to heal as we age.

The interesting thing is the muscles still respond to hypertrophy training. I posted my ideas here and that thread broke the record for a serious theory discussion on this gossip board. Why some moderators feel I have an obligation to post details of what I believe here is rather ironic. No one else does that and I might put my ideas into a book in the near future. It is possible to grow big muscles rapidly at just about any age. That is the closest to the fountain of youth we are going to find. I don't believe in supplements and drugs so the iron pills are the only ones I take. Well, I hardly use free weights and am still amazed at the dumbbells who think they are better. Old beliefs just never die in bodybuilding. I prefer to cast false theories aside instead of taking them to my grave.

One thing about being a gym owner who has his own engineering factory. I hardly get time to train because there are always things to do at the gym. This week I have to modify a huge Nautilus double chest machine. I will see if I can get rid of those blasted chains that Arthur Jones stuck us with. His machines still work but Arthur is no longer with us. Some of my machines should be still working in a gym somewhere in perhaps 200 years.

Thanks to all who posted good wishes.

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 05:53:25 PM »
Happy B-Day Vince!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 05:56:37 PM »
Hehe. Still crusty. Have a good one Vince.

/and many more

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 12:23:08 AM »
Happy B-day Vince.

We shall continue our discussions on this board...
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 01:36:23 AM »
I guess most older bodybuilders would call me crazy to post on this forum. It is a challenge to stay but I can stir with the best of them. Where are my contemporaries? They all talked big in the old days when they were winning but hardly anyone has anything to say nowadays. Seems to me they are paper tigers. If you want to stay young hang around a gym. The majority of people there are under 40. Train for hypertrophy and not health or fitness. I could never understand those guys who, like Zabo, did all that ab work for hours. I am too damn lazy to duplicate those long sessions. What you need to do is do lots (more than 5) of maximum sets to the limit with as much as you can lift for about 10 to 15 reps. In the old days we didn't know about the muscular endurance requirement of muscles. Arthur Jones influenced all thinking bodybuilders and we all reduced the number of sets. This is a huge mistake. Doug Hepburn knew more about how to get big than Arthur did. Not that any of the young guys here have a clue who to believe when it comes to training advice. I respect the knowledge that Milos has but my method is not anything like his. Surely we both can't be right?

It is rather sad that the sport has become what it is in recent decades. Drugs have been used since the 1960s and perhaps before that. However, it was hidden then and most were ashamed to be using anything. Nowadays it is absolutely insane and I wonder how many of the current professionals will celebrate their 65th birthday? Professional bodybuilding is now a dangerously high risk and an extremely low return activity. Lifting weights to look better has always been looked down on. Today it has become even lower in the minds of most intelligent people. When the 'experts' do not need to be highly educated is it any wonder that the blind lead the blind?

I picked the two activities where everyone is an expert. Bodybuilding and philosophy!

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 01:45:19 AM »
Happy birthday you Fucken idiot. 8)

Make that Happy birthday you BIG Fucken idiot. 8)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 02:14:10 AM »
happy birthday Vince. whether you agree with him or not he is certainly a character

AVBG

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 02:20:11 AM »
Happy Birthday you ol' cnt  :D

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 02:39:00 AM »
Happy Birthday you ol' cnt  :D

I think you mean cunt.

Happy birthday Vince

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 03:19:17 AM »
Happy birthday Vince, I think you're one of the more interesting posters on here and I hope you continue to share your stories, ideas and training philosophy with us. 
Z

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 03:38:59 AM »
I guess most older bodybuilders would call me crazy to post on this forum. It is a challenge to stay but I can stir with the best of them. Where are my contemporaries? They all talked big in the old days when they were winning but hardly anyone has anything to say nowadays. Seems to me they are paper tigers. If you want to stay young hang around a gym. The majority of people there are under 40. Train for hypertrophy and not health or fitness. I could never understand those guys who, like Zabo, did all that ab work for hours. I am too damn lazy to duplicate those long sessions. What you need to do is do lots (more than 5) of maximum sets to the limit with as much as you can lift for about 10 to 15 reps. In the old days we didn't know about the muscular endurance requirement of muscles. Arthur Jones influenced all thinking bodybuilders and we all reduced the number of sets. This is a huge mistake. Doug Hepburn knew more about how to get big than Arthur did. Not that any of the young guys here have a clue who to believe when it comes to training advice. I respect the knowledge that Milos has but my method is not anything like his. Surely we both can't be right?

It is rather sad that the sport has become what it is in recent decades. Drugs have been used since the 1960s and perhaps before that. However, it was hidden then and most were ashamed to be using anything. Nowadays it is absolutely insane and I wonder how many of the current professionals will celebrate their 65th birthday? Professional bodybuilding is now a dangerously high risk and an extremely low return activity. Lifting weights to look better has always been looked down on. Today it has become even lower in the minds of most intelligent people. When the 'experts' do not need to be highly educated is it any wonder that the blind lead the blind?

I picked the two activities where everyone is an expert. Bodybuilding and philosophy!

Spot on Vince !

Dialectical reasoning methods require the ability to slip quickly between contradictory lines of reasoning. One needs skill to develop a synthesis of one point of view with another. Where technical matters are generally confined to only one well understood frame of reference real life problems become multi-dimensional totalities.

When we think dialectically we are guided by principles not by procedures. Real life problems span multiple categories and academic disciplines. We need point-counter-point argumentation; we need emancipatory reasoning to resolve dialectical problems. We need critical thinking skills and attitudes to resolve real life problems.

Happy birthday dude

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 04:15:04 AM »
Surely we both can't be right?

no u cannot both be right.

This very question is why i have begun my quest to seek the ultimate method for hypertrophy. i believe it is h.i.t until i find anything which is better to my mind.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 04:16:42 AM »

Make that Happy birthday you BIG Fucken idiot. 8)

JESUS! I DIDNT KNOW VINCE SPORTED SUCH A NASTY PHYSIQUE IN HIS PRIME. MASSED OUT, JACKED UP VINCE.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!