Author Topic: Why do so many people lie about push-ups?  (Read 3218 times)

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
Re: Why do so many people lie about push-ups?
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 06:17:06 AM »
lol..every single time, and I am sure that this happens to most people on here with a decent build...every guy insist on you telling you their past glory days story

what I have learned over years is that there are alot of people out there use to bench some olympic caliber weight just for fun  ::)

the conversation always ends " I need to get back to the gym" or as the thread started stated "I am just getting back into it and that is why I start over with the bar alone"

humans are funny

"yeah man, back in the day, i used to bench 700 lbs.  i was all ripped too.  everyone said i should compete but i never felt like doing that, you know?" 
right.   ::)
F

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 07:58:11 AM »
Wow, all of those former 'High-School" champs 8)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 12:25:25 PM »
Wow, all of those former 'High-School" champs 8)

4 touchdowns in one game

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 12:28:38 PM »
why not just say THE.

is this a black thing?   lol.
Fvcking jerk..

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 03:28:55 AM »
Yes, like "I haven't had time in the last two weeks doing the SAME JOB I'VE ALWAYS HAD, so I'll start properly next monday (give up after one chest day when chest is sore the next day then spin the same line a couple of weeks later")

Priorities I suppose, it's just not important to some people. Or it is, but they lack the self belief to really think they can achieve any real changes with their body, leading to a continually half-arsed approach and a life led slightly below the appearance they would ideally like.

Mind you, people who do train hard and consistently aren't necessarily any happier or more comfortable with how they look. Guy who DON'T have dedication at least don't give a shit if their rear delts suck, or fret about BF percentages and quad sweep and gay shit that can play on your mind when real stuff should be filling that space in your life.

Whatever, anyway weights are cool, being big and muscular is cool and why not. If you want to feel powerful and in control of your body then this lazy approach won't get you there. But then maybe I'm just trying to convince myself to stick with something essentially pointless..............

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2007, 03:52:38 AM »
THose guys are everywhere; like i used too lift heavy too you know. Squatted 500 for reps, inclined those 160 for reps. Now i am taking it easier (proceeds to his 30 pound dumbells..)

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2007, 04:06:51 AM »
Yes, like "I haven't had time in the last two weeks doing the SAME JOB I'VE ALWAYS HAD, so I'll start properly next monday (give up after one chest day when chest is sore the next day then spin the same line a couple of weeks later")

Priorities I suppose, it's just not important to some people. Or it is, but they lack the self belief to really think they can achieve any real changes with their body, leading to a continually half-arsed approach and a life led slightly below the appearance they would ideally like.

Mind you, people who do train hard and consistently aren't necessarily any happier or more comfortable with how they look. Guy who DON'T have dedication at least don't give a shit if their rear delts suck, or fret about BF percentages and quad sweep and gay shit that can play on your mind when real stuff should be filling that space in your life.

Whatever, anyway weights are cool, being big and muscular is cool and why not. If you want to feel powerful and in control of your body then this lazy approach won't get you there. But then maybe I'm just trying to convince myself to stick with something essentially pointless..............
haha, so true. I've got one mate who has said for years "my arms & shoulders are pretty small, I should do weights" and has actually asked me to write a program for him, which I did, knowing it would never be used. He genuinely *wants* to change, but people don't realise they need to adjust their whole lifestyle to make a positive change to their body.
but yeah, it would be nice to not worry about my high muscle insertions, long limbs & other "weak bodyparts" I now know i have

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 04:59:25 AM »
haha, so true. I've got one mate who has said for years "my arms & shoulders are pretty small, I should do weights" and has actually asked me to write a program for him, which I did, knowing it would never be used. He genuinely *wants* to change, but people don't realise they need to adjust their whole lifestyle to make a positive change to their body.
but yeah, it would be nice to not worry about my high muscle insertions, long limbs & other "weak bodyparts" I now know i have

you raise another interesting point about these guys, they insist on your wasting your time.  As your friend did, some have asked me to write out a program for them.  Or give them nutritional tips as he is downing his 5th sugar glazed dounut for breaskfast. That same person hasn't been the gym in years and now wants a program to follow.

but back to the original thread

after lifting olympic caliber weights for fun they usually have an injury that prevents them from ever approaching those numbers again. And limits them to beginner level weights

Usually they say "I use to do 500 for reps, but I tweaked my shoulder so I gave it all up" as they rub it.
Here comes the money shot

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 09:57:06 AM »
Almost every where I go and I just happen to engage in a converation with someone and working out comes up, they always tell me that "Oh, yeah....I used to be really into it. When I was, I was doing like 1500 push-ups and 1000 sit-ups a day".

What fukkin' lies?! This has happened on many occasions. I just friggin' laugh!

Oh, and the best part is....it all ended when they got into their "car accident" 5 years ago! They haven't been able to do much since! But I always get hit with..."I'm gonna start Monday though".

Damn clowns!
This really made me laugh because I can't even count how many times I've heard it from people!
"I WAS doing  30 pull ups per set"
"I WAS benching 450 before....."
"I WAS doing 40  dips per set for 15 sets before....."
All I can do is  ::)

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 10:45:36 AM »
i have a navy seal inspired workout chart and am replicating the motion of a punch with every pushup, aka the cage fighter/bodybuilder fasttrack
its comin today