Author Topic: Biggest Steroid Raid Ever( news updates )  (Read 11847 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Biggest Steroid Raid Ever( news updates )
« on: September 23, 2007, 11:27:43 PM »
http://www.lcsun-news.com/ci_6980742

The operation, which agents described as the largest anti-steroid action by law enforcement ever, involved cooperation among 10 nations and involved raids and arrests in Mexico, Canada, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Sweden and Thailand, U.S. officials said.

By Amy Shipley/The Washington Post WASHINGTON — Federal agents raided more than four dozen underground drug labs and arrested 124 people in 27 states during an 18-month crackdown on Chinese steroids, human growth hormone and other performance-enhan
Article Launched: 09/24/2007 12:00:00 AM MDT

The operation, which agents described as the largest anti-steroid action by law enforcement ever, involved cooperation among 10 nations and involved raids and arrests in Mexico, Canada, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Sweden and Thailand, U.S. officials said.

Under pressure from Olympic and world anti-doping officials to address China's reputation as the main global supplier of illicit performance-enhancing drugs with the 2008 Summer Games in Beijing just 11 months away, Chinese authorities cooperated with the probe, DEA officials said. The Chinese agreed to accept information packets from U.S. and international law enforcement agencies in the coming weeks to address further the problem within their borders, the officials said.

News conferences to announce details of the busts were scheduled for Sunday in New York, San Diego, Houston, Kansas City, Mo., and Providence, R.I. While some of the individual busts over the last 18 months have been reported, the scope of the action has not been made public until now. Officials withheld announcements on the various raids to ensure the safety of agents as the last round of raids took place this weekend, officials said.

The action targeted underground labs that peddled steroids, human growth hormone and other drugs to customers through Web sites and message boards. It is not yet known whether high-profile Olympic or professional athletes were clients of any of the labs, DEA spokesman Dan Simmons said.

Officials from major sport anti-doping bodies including the World Anti-Doping Agency and U.S. Anti-Doping Agency assisted throughout, offering expertise and support, Simmons said. WADA Chairman Dick Pound is scheduled to arrive in Beijing on Tuesday, where he is expected to follow up on issues surrounding the manufacture and supply of steroids and other drugs from China, which he raised during meetings last fall with Chinese Olympic and government officials as among threats to the legitimacy of competition at the Olympics next August.

China already has taken action against at least one of its companies, Simmons said.

"Chinese authorities were willing partners," he said. "They said they would in fact make efforts to arrest and prosecute violators there in China."

The massive probe could have unusual and unnerving repercussions for the clientele of the labs, as the DEA has begun compiling a database of names of those who ordered or participated in illicit performance-enhancing drug activities through the labs for the use of all law enforcement bodies in the United States, Simmons said.

Simmons declined to elaborate on the intended use or makeup of the database, which he said is being assembled from hundreds of thousands of e-mails and Internet exchanges. He said it would be up to the individual U.S. attorney's offices prosecuting the cases — at least five, including the southern districts of New York and California, are involved — to decide how to handle information that arises regarding well-known athletes.

He added that the probe has no connection to the Signature Pharmacy investigation out of Albany, N.Y., a probe into illegal prescriptions of performance-enhancing and other drugs that has implicated a number of major league baseball and NFL players, coaches and doctors.

Since its inception early in 2006, what has been called Operation Raw Deal resulted in the seizure of at least 242 kilograms of raw steroid powder from China and 11.4 million dosage units of steroids or other chemicals, along with $6.5 million in cash, 25 vehicles and 71 weapons, according to Rusty Payne, a spokesman at DEA headquarters in Alexandria, Va. Fifty-six labs have been seized.

Approximately 70 percent of the enforcement action has occurred since Thursday, Payne said. Specific details of the actions taken overseas were not available as of Sunday, but China was considered the source of the "vast majority" of the illicit drugs, Simmons said.

U.S. law enforcement considered indicting the Chinese companies that supplied the illicit drugs, but decided that a partnership with the Chinese authorities would be more productive, Simmons said. Several agents flew to China this February to discuss the investigation.

The probe targeted raw material manufacturers and suppliers primarily in China and underground drug laboratories in the United States, Canada and Mexico.

It further looked at U.S.-based Web sites that market "conversion kits" that allow for the at-home processing of steroid powders, as well as Internet bodybuilding discussion boards that facilitate and instruct on the illegal use and production of performance-enhancing drugs.

"Operation Raw Deal uncovered a clandestine web of international drug dealers who lurk on the Internet for young adults craving the artificial advantage of anabolic steroids," DEA Administrator Karen P. Tandy said in a statement. "Today we reveal the truth behind the underground steroid market: dangerous drugs cooked up all too often in filthy conditions with no regard to safety, giving Americans who purchase them the ultimate raw deal."

Recent raids turned up anabolic steroids, human growth hormone, insulin growth factor and other drugs and chemicals including ketamine, fentanyl, ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and GHB, Payne said.

The operation grew out of a massive bust in Mexico in 2005 known as Gear Grinder, which took down eight Mexican steroid producers credited with supplying more than 80 percent of the illicit steroids in the United States. That bust, Simmons said, pushed virtually all of the remaining U.S. steroid business to China.

Simmons said the labs taken down in the various busts showed no adherence to any standards for safety or sanitation, with drugs being mixed in basements or bathtubs before being shipped out to consumers.

Steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs are banned by the Olympic movement and most major sports leagues. Side effects of anabolic steroids, which increase muscle mass, include increased body hair, a deepening of the voice, enlargement of the breasts in men and a shrinking of the testicles.

Human growth hormone, believed to build strength and help muscles recover better from injury, can cause an enlargement of the jaw, forehead and hands and feet.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Agents Arrest 124 in Drug Raids !
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 12:01:55 AM »
Who gives a shit about heroin and cocaine and all the people who supply the kids out there with drugs like ice and Ecstasy, lets just get the guys on gear. ::) ::)
No doubt about it...

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 12:05:14 AM »
man... i feel like in 10 years juice is going to be almost impossible to find lol im gettin scared as shit

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 12:07:25 AM »
Funny you say that, because i was actually thinking the same thing.
No doubt about it...

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 12:09:56 AM »
Funny you say that, because i was actually thinking the same thing.

yeah but alchohol will be right around the corner.  ::)

ill tell you what. where the juice goes, i will go. as long as the country isnt a shit hole.... ill live in a different country for 10 years just to juice till im an old man.

funny they can work together on some bullshit like this but cant on anything that counts  :-\ :'( >:(

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 12:18:01 AM »
Exactly.
As far as im concerned, the drugs we should be working towards getting rid of are the ones with the highest usage rates. When you look at it that way, gear is pretty low, in terms of usage, and the people who take it, 95% of them are just trying to improve themselves for their sport.

They go on about how dangerous gear is, but they seem to fail to realise that some people have died from taking just ONE ecstasy tablet. Im 18, i know for a fact that all these recreational drugs and shit are EVERYWHERE, get rid of them first, there far more dangerous. When that is taken care of, then focus on gear.
No doubt about it...

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »
And yet, incredibly, gh15 goes unapprehended. He's like the Teflon Con!
BigNationRadio.com

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 12:51:22 AM »
Maybe gh15 is a gimmick account for an underground agent? Trust in God but tie your camel!

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 05:50:35 AM »
What a waste of tax dollars.  Couldnt the police spend their time dealing with real crime.  Our borders arent secure, crime is rampant in inner cities and dozens of cases go unsolved because of man power shortages.  Couldnt they reroute the resources from this bogus drug war and put it towards more constructive uses.
A

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 06:16:13 AM »
Maybe gh15 is a gimmick account for an underground agent? Trust in God but tie your camel!

good post............would be a smart move. but i can see from his posts that he isnt.

but the idea of setting himself up as a huge aas dealer would be a smart strategy for an underground agent.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 06:41:07 AM »
More details & video from ABC News :http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3640489

from ESPN :http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3033532&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Largest steroid raid ever,DEA Wraps Massive Steroid Probe

(photos courtesy of Drug Enforcement Administration & ESPN )
(Agents take away an unidentified suspect charged with running an underground steroid lab in New York.)
(Among the items seized in a Long Island raid is this box, thought to contain raw steroid powder sent from China.)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 06:43:26 AM »
More details & video from ABC News :http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3640489

Largest steroid raid ever,DEA Wraps Massive Steroid Probe

(photo courtesy of Drug Enforcement Administration)

i dont give a shit as im natural  :)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 07:02:33 AM »
Exactly.
As far as im concerned, the drugs we should be working towards getting rid of are the ones with the highest usage rates. When you look at it that way, gear is pretty low, in terms of usage, and the people who take it, 95% of them are just trying to improve themselves for their sport.

They go on about how dangerous gear is, but they seem to fail to realise that some people have died from taking just ONE ecstasy tablet. Im 18, i know for a fact that all these recreational drugs and shit are EVERYWHERE, get rid of them first, there far more dangerous. When that is taken care of, then focus on gear.
real ECSTACY  has never killed anyone. real mdma is only toxic in a mega dose (like 50 tabs at one time). dmt is the culprit here, added to pills and called ecstacy.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 07:11:02 AM »
good post............would be a smart move. but i can see from his posts that he isnt.

but the idea of setting himself up as a huge aas dealer would be a smart strategy for an underground agent.
gh aint a citzen he dont get the concept of phonics

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 07:14:51 AM »
gh aint a citzen he dont get the concept of phonics

gh15 aint an undercover cop.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
Re: Agents Arrest 124 in Drug Raids(largest raid ever) !
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 07:33:24 AM »
I'm glad to see the Govts of these nations are focusing on the important things.  ::)   
\

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 07:34:54 AM »
gh15 aint an undercover cop.

gh15 is George W. Bush, that would also explain his bad english.  ;D ;D

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 07:40:05 AM »
By taking roids away from, more people will be tempted to dabble with Slin.  I can just see the number of kids and grown men passing out in the showers, cars etc. as a result of slin.  All this will do is make people choose the path of least resistance. 
\

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 07:45:58 AM »
I wish the money being wasted on these trivial wastes of time was given to the troops in Iraq to buy armored vehicles and body armor...

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 07:47:46 AM »
this thread is turning into another steriod user meltdown.

"focus on real crimes, spend the money on brazilian whores, bla bla bla."

;D ;D ;D ;D

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 07:51:16 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

yeah all the drug junkies are getting scared.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 07:52:03 AM »
Seriously...  the DEA spending their time on this is kinda like a city with the nation's worst murder and gang violence rates spending 20% of its budget going after speeders.

No, wait....  actually it's not.  Speeders are more detrimental to society than steroid users!
Ron: "I am lazy."

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 07:53:18 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

No. It's just heart-breaking and sickening to see your tax dollars being flushed down the toilet like this when they could go to saving the life or limbs of a soldier in Iraq...

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 07:56:11 AM »
No. It's just heart-breaking and sickening to see your tax dollars being flushed down the toilet like this when they could go to saving the life or limbs of a soldier in Iraq...
yeah or why not take a few of all those 100s of billions spent on the military and help the poor IN america.  ::)

why dont you do that instead bush?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 08:05:29 AM »
yeah or why not take a few of all those 100s of billions spent on the military and help the poor IN america.  ::)

Because if we didn't secure our long-term oil supplies, there will be a lot more poor in America.  World oil reserves are running out... we're beyond peak production...  and with an emerging China hungry for more and more oil, we need to ensure our oil keeps flowing.  Quickest way to crash the US economy?  Cut the oil supply to less than the demand. People can't get to work, delivery trucks stop rolling cutting off our resupply of food and goods, essential services become unreliable or shut down altogether.  It ain't a pretty picture.
Ron: "I am lazy."