Author Topic: phil heath eats 3800 calories off season  (Read 9256 times)

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: phil heath eats 3800 calories off season
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2007, 11:59:58 AM »
phil heath, 5'9 245lbs off season 21" arms 30" legs 19" calves says in flex he eats 3800 calories on a typical day off-season, and even post the diet in detail every meal of it

my question is, how come so many getbigger feel they need to eat so much more than him?

Thats exactly why i question milos's recommended calorie intake which i think is too high. This is proof.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2007, 12:00:44 PM »
i think he was pointing out an error in semantics, disgusted.

its what he is doing instead of admitting his fault, apologizing for his unsuited insults, and having a sense of humility.

hes what you might call a "mental midget". ;)
Then explain to me exactly what about my post is wrong??

Look, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Sorry. ;D
As empty as paradise

Steve387

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2007, 12:01:03 PM »
I don't think that the body necessarily needs carbs off the bat, it has the ability to convert other nutrient to glucose, i think it is the ''preferred''[quick source of energy]. But I've also read that you function better in ketosis. Conflicting, as ever!  ;D

I think because bodybuilders need tremendous energy to fuel the training that's especially important to have some carbs throughout the day building up to the workout.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2007, 12:10:57 PM »
Ok.

First off, it's not called glucogenesis, it's glycogenesis. But that's just a spelling error.

Then, the process you describe is fairly accurate. For ketogenesis.

Do you follow?

Glycogenesis, as the word suggests, occurs when glucose synthesizes into glycogen.

Spelling error noted, but I still fail to see where I am wrong in what I posted? You said and I quote "The brain needs 130 grams of carbs per day to function properly". This statment is false!!! My point is that your brain needs glucose NOT carbs. By you incorrectly stating it needs carbs you are falsely implying that if one does not consume carbs that it is not healthy for the brain that is why I posted about glucogenisis.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2007, 12:28:35 PM »
Spelling error noted, but I still fail to see where I am wrong in what I posted? You said and I quote "The brain needs 130 grams of carbs per day to function properly". This statment is false!!! My point is that your brain needs glucose NOT carbs. By you incorrectly stating it needs carbs you are falsely implying that if one does not consume carbs that it is not healthy for the brain that is why I posted about glucogenisis.

It wasn't just spelling wrong. You claimed it was glyconesis, which is something entirely different. Check out "glycogenesis" and what that is, you will see that it's something entirely different from what you described.

Yes. The brain is affected by a low-carb diet, if it's forced into ketogenesis. It slows down. That is why some epileptics are kept on a low carb/high fat diet. The lowered activity keeps them from having seizures.

I shouldn't have used the term "properly" though. I apologize. The brain isn't able to perform at normal capacity. I hope this clears up things.

As empty as paradise

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2007, 12:35:40 PM »
phil heath, 5'9 245lbs off season 21" arms 30" legs 19" calves says in flex he eats 3800 calories on a typical day off-season, and even post the diet in detail every meal of it

my question is, how come so many getbigger feel they need to eat so much more than him?

Because they fail to realize after a point it's not so much about the food, it's about UP'ING THE DOSAGE!!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2007, 12:36:04 PM »
It wasn't just spelling wrong. You claimed it was glyconesis, which is something entirely different. Check out "glycogenesis" and what that is, you will see that it's something entirely different from what you described.

Yes. The brain is affected by a low-carb diet, if it's forced into ketogenesis. It slows down. That is why some epileptics are kept on a low carb/high fat diet. The lowered activity keeps them from having seizures.

I shouldn't have used the term "properly" though. I apologize. The brain isn't able to perform at normal capacity. I hope this clears up things.

Researchers do not yet scpecifically know why epileptics have less seizures while on a low carb diet again you are wrong by stating they have less seizures because, I quote you again "It slows down".

You say the brain "is affected" by a low carb diet. Please explain why and how it may be affected in a negative and or positive way?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2007, 12:42:24 PM »
Researchers do not yet scpecifically know why epileptics have less seizures while on a low carb diet again you are wrong by stating they have less seizures because, I quote you again "It slows down".

You say the brain "is affected" by a low carb diet. Please explain why and how it may be affected in a negative and or positive way?

Why do you call it glycogenesis in the first place?

Do you know what glycogenesis is?
As empty as paradise

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2007, 12:45:36 PM »
Why do you call it glycogenesis in the first place?

Do you know what glycogenesis is?

You obviously have an issue when someone proves you wrong.  ;D

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2007, 12:53:07 PM »
You obviously have an issue when someone proves you wrong.  ;D

Maybe I'm currently in glycogenesis. ;D

As empty as paradise

Disgusted

• Expert