Author Topic: Official Fitness Olympia Gripe Thread  (Read 7776 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Official Fitness Olympia Gripe Thread
« on: September 29, 2007, 04:19:06 AM »

Just reserving this space for tomorrow.  The rule is that everyone gets to enjoy the results (or not) for a full 24 hours.

Congrats to everyone and thank you for an INCREDIBLE show! 

:D

We love you, Adela!!!!!!!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: Official Fitness Olympia Gripe Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 08:47:54 AM »
Just reserving this space for tomorrow.  The rule is that everyone gets to enjoy the results (or not) for a full 24 hours.

Congrats to everyone and thank you for an INCREDIBLE show! 

:D

We love you, Adela!!!!!!!
The woman who won Spain was out of place in the line-up and does not have the fitness physique that should be winning shows. Actually the three women who qualified in Spain were the bottom three in the Olympia, and deservedly so. Stephanie is great though, she was having so much fun and so positive in talking with her.

I also have a complaint... Menudo was supposed to meet me at the bike racks or his buddy's booth at the very least. He and JC looked like two tropical skittles with their orange and green shirts on sitting. It was rather cute seeing them attached at the hip.

Elevate Your Image.™

cray2005

• Getbig II
  • FitGems Founder
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 09:40:13 AM »
The woman who won Spain was out of place in the line-up and does not have the fitness physique that should be winning shows. Actually the three women who qualified in Spain were the bottom three in the Olympia, and deservedly so. Stephanie is great though, she was having so much fun and so positive in talking with her.

I also have a complaint... Menudo was supposed to meet me at the bike racks or

Ouch! :o Well, the truth's the truth.

Oh, about the top six. Isn't it quite funny that the top six last night was the exact top six last year...in the exact same order?!?! I like all the ladies, don't get me wrong, I just find that kinda weird.

As far as who I would have liked to placed a tad higher. There were two in particular: Julie Childs and Heidi Fletcher.

I might be preaching to the choir, but I like her physique and her routines. She's went from Fitness America standout to a pro fitness phenomonen. Maybe someone can point me to the direction of why I feel like she's been screwed of of not neccesarly wins, but positions near the top. I can't figure that out.  :-\

Another person is Heidi Fletcher. I would put in my own words, but Bodysport.com had a nice paragraph from prejudging that I would like to share:

Up until today you would not be likely to hear the name Heidi Fletcher and the words in shape being spoken in the same sentence. WOW...if there is such a thing as perfection, Heidi has reached it for her body at this show. She is TIGHT...she looks every bit the professional that she is. For some reason they blew right past her and stuck her in the last group, perhaps it's her height, perhaps its because the judges are so used to seeing her no where near to where the condition she has to be to compete among the best and if thats the case then a horrible injustice was done today. Heidi looked fantastic and obviously worked her butt off, literally, for this show. Exceptional work Heidi, you earned the respect of a lot of people today.

I highlighed the main reasons I think she's getting low spots in bold.

Okay...now you can tell me how big of an loser I am.

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 10:46:16 AM »
To be honest....I really don't think there's much to gripe about - Then again, we're pretty darn happy with Julie's placing!

Congratulations to all the ladies!  You made it an incredible show! 

And Jen Hendershott - Your routine was awesome!!!!   Girl, I know you don't read these boards, but I had to post it out here! 
By the way you owe my mom a new pair of pants!  She called me this morning and told me you had her almost wet her pants when you did your routine.

Rick

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 12:37:55 PM »
In the response to the comment about the 3 qualifiers from Spain, I actually really liked Myriam Capes.  He physique may not be quite where it needs to be yet, but I thought her routine was VERY good.  It was obvious that she has a great gymnastics background, and some of the elements she put in her routine are very difficult (or maybe I just appreciate their difficulty more as a former gymnast :))
Anyhow, I think she will be one to improve and make some noise in the future.

I also thought Heidi Fletcher looked great at this show! 

Congrats again to everyone!

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 02:27:50 PM »
Rick,
Where did your sweetie place? I always want her placing higher than she does. I was happy with the top three last night. Can't wait till the day your girl slides up into one of those spots. She is awfully lucky to have a man that's eyes go gaga every time he looks at you.
Barbie :-*

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 04:52:23 PM »
Malibu....Too funny.  I do love to go GA GA over her. 
She placed 8th overall and we are both very excited about that.  Just out of the 6th spot by two places is NOTHING to sneeze at.  While every competitor wants and trains to WIN....we are very realistic when it comes to competing at the O.
Would 5th or 6th been sweeter...you bet your @ss.  For her First EVER Olympia...pretty darn good. 
Rick
PS - Were you here? 

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 05:30:52 PM »
Absolutely, I saw you there last night and was actually sitting quite close to you. That is why I saw those ga ga loving stares at your honey. I am sure I will see the both of you tonight. Have fun, you two deserve that vacation.

MB :-*

Malibu....Too funny.  I do love to go GA GA over her. 
She placed 8th overall and we are both very excited about that.  Just out of the 6th spot by two places is NOTHING to sneeze at.  While every competitor wants and trains to WIN....we are very realistic when it comes to competing at the O.
Would 5th or 6th been sweeter...you bet your @ss.  For her First EVER Olympia...pretty darn good. 
Rick
PS - Were you here? 

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 05:48:21 PM »
OK girl!  Now that's not even fair...so you saw me, didn't say hi, didn't introduce yourself....now I'm thinking back....boy I feel like Isaac when Menudo didn't show up and say hi!
Hopefully you'll introduce yourself tonite!
Rick

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 08:57:06 AM »

To heck with the show, did you see that tight spiral that Julie threw??? 

There are many Division I quarterbacks who wish they could throw like that.   :D

gymrat3082

• Getbig II
  • NPC Bodybuilder
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 09:03:14 AM »
I thought Jen Hendershott's routine was awesome.  It was fun to watch!!!!

fitfan8869

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 09:19:14 AM »
First of all, I want to congratulate ALL the competitors for a job well done, and a GREAT show!

The Fitness women just seem to be getting better and better and more entertaining each year. 

I do have one gripe though, and that is the sportsmanship displayed by Kim Klein and her whole entourage.  They were yelling explitives and screaming that the show was fixed because she did not win!!  Are you kidding me????  She placed 2nd in the world and lost to the reigning Ms. O!!  And Kim herself was crying and upset like a child whose parents just took away her lollipop.  It reminded me of a video I saw of the Olympia where Craig Titus was freaking out at Kelly's placing a few years ago and making a jerk of himself.

There is nothing to be upset with at even placing in the top ten.  These are the best girls in the world.  You could tell Adela, Jen, Tanji, Tracey, and the rest were all happy with how they did, and happy for each other.

Again, congrats to all the girls!

cray2005

• Getbig II
  • FitGems Founder
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 12:27:17 PM »
HUH?!?! When the heck was this? I must have missed that on the webcast. Hmm...

Anyways, let me change something kinda about Julie C. Apparently, she expected either seventh or eight according to a Bodybuilding.com interview she did at the expo yesterday. She got ninth, which is top ten anyways. It still would have been nice to see her in top six, though, but that might be just me, though... :-\

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 01:25:35 PM »
Any proof of this?  Kim is extremely well respected and has always been a perfect professional ....

I do have one gripe though, and that is the sportsmanship displayed by Kim Klein and her whole entourage.  They were yelling explitives and screaming that the show was fixed because she did not win!!  Are you kidding me????  She placed 2nd in the world and lost to the reigning Ms. O!!  And Kim herself was crying and upset like a child whose parents just took away her lollipop.  It reminded me of a video I saw of the Olympia where Craig Titus was freaking out at Kelly's placing a few years ago and making a jerk of himself.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 02:43:09 AM »
Oversimplifying it I know.......but I wasn't there, so obviously can't speak well, but I have no gripes about what I see from the scoring and placings. I rarely do at this level, the girls are all so good....like this talk of Kim Klein, I think Adela well deserved her win, but if Kim, Jen Hendershott and her had all been interchanged place wise I would have had no issue....they are all fantastic, as are the other girls. Congrats to all...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 03:57:14 AM »
Looked to me Kim Kline should have won the show by a pretty good margin, from what I saw.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 05:06:34 AM »
Looked to me Kim Kline should have won the show by a pretty good margin, from what I saw.
What do you think should give Kim the edge?

The buzz in the peanut galleries at the Olympia was that Kim's physique was what stopped her from winning the title. If you compare her look from last year to this year, you'll notice she brought her physique down in size. I like her physique, only thing I noticed was she could be a little bit fuller.

Julie and Oksana are making a run at the top 6. Look for both of them to get an invite to the Arnold and shake things up in 2008.

Julie did throw one helluva pass from the stage.  ;D
Elevate Your Image.™

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 05:42:24 AM »
What do you think should give Kim the edge?

The buzz in the peanut galleries at the Olympia was that Kim's physique was what stopped her from winning the title. If you compare her look from last year to this year, you'll notice she brought her physique down in size. I like her physique, only thing I noticed was she could be a little bit fuller.

Julie and Oksana are making a run at the top 6. Look for both of them to get an invite to the Arnold and shake things up in 2008.

Julie did throw one helluva pass from the stage.  ;D

Well I think her routine was far better and I also like her physiqe better.  Not to sound rude but her glutes are some of the best I have seen.  i think she has a more athletic shape and overall better energy.  She seemed tighter also.

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 06:45:53 AM »
Julie was approached by the Falcons yesterday and unfortunately we had to respectfully decline any negotiations. 

Julie will be focusing on her short game over the next two weeks for West Palm...  ;D

Rick

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 05:40:56 AM »
kim definately didnt deserve 2nd at this show as her physique wasnt even close to last year
her routine always good but she did get a gift by placing second and that probably has something to do with her working as expeditor at most shows and being close to the judges and officials

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 07:32:34 PM »
Fletch looked good.

Elevate Your Image.™

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 08:01:57 PM »
fletcher looked great and should've placed higher

cray2005

• Getbig II
  • FitGems Founder
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 09:39:42 PM »
She was JACKED at the O!  :o And her routine was pretty cool. I liked it when she did it at the New York Pro, and I liked it when she did it last weekend.

I hope this ain't the case, but I hope her being four foot eleven isn't the reason she placed low. If it was, than she was robbed of a higher spot.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 02:39:02 PM »
She was JACKED at the O!  :o And her routine was pretty cool. I liked it when she did it at the New York Pro, and I liked it when she did it last weekend.

I hope this ain't the case, but I hope her being four foot eleven isn't the reason she placed low. If it was, than she was robbed of a higher spot.

4'11" of dynamite!!

agpro

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • O.F.F Overcome Fitness Fears with Adela
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 09:22:32 PM »

That is only the beginning!! Heidi is going to surprise a lot of people next year..
She is a dynamite:)