Author Topic: Pics and stats, I need some advice  (Read 9506 times)

JCL

• Getbig III
Pics and stats, I need some advice
« on: October 01, 2007, 09:05:54 PM »
25 yo, 215lbs..bodyfat = way to high.

Been training for years on and off naturally, I've gotten really out of shape as of late, my stomach is getting out of control... and need some help dieting...
Can anyone give me some good advice for carb timing...I Can eat whenever I want at work, im up at 7am, and train around 5pm.

should i just be taking in 50 carbs for first meal, 50g simple sugars before and afteroworkout totalling 150g a day?

Need some help, thanks in advance guys/girls!   
(Please dont be too harse on my pics, i havent lifted in over a year and im out of shape, just wanna give u guys an idea what i look like for carb intake)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: Pics and stats, I need some advice
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 01:25:05 AM »
do an online search for john berardi and read his stuff, hes one of the most intelligent nutritionist in the world.

But instead of askign online,do yourself a favour and go to the library or bookstore, get some books for yourself and READ!

AVBG

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 02:30:03 AM »
do an online search for john berardi and read his stuff, hes one of the most intelligent nutritionist in the world.

But instead of askign online,do yourself a favour and go to the library or bookstore, get some books for yourself and READ!

Good advice flexingtonsteele

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/members/forumdisplay.php?f=17 8)

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 02:23:13 AM »
Tbh you don't look too bad mate, better than a lot of people I would think. Just takes discipline and consistency to keep the bodyfat low, you should be fine 8)

JCL

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 08:04:41 AM »
Tbh you don't look too bad mate, better than a lot of people I would think. Just takes discipline and consistency to keep the bodyfat low, you should be fine 8)

Thanks for the compliment, definetaly need to drop the bodyfat, just gotta stick to my diet and cardio... i just want to make sure my carb intake/timing is in control...and im doing things "right"

Redwine

• Getbig II
  • Reality is Wrong, Dreams are for Real!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 09:42:31 AM »
Agreed! you dont look too bad bro.. much better than many idiots here
Make It Simple!

JCL

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 03:20:41 PM »
Agreed! you dont look too bad bro.. much better than many idiots here

I look like Shit in these pics...been away from waits/diet for months..but thanks anyways :)

Redwine

• Getbig II
  • Reality is Wrong, Dreams are for Real!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 07:53:43 PM »
I look like Shit in these pics...been away from waits/diet for months..but thanks anyways :)

thts why i said not bad.. some looks like crap in just a month away frm weights
Make It Simple!

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 10:01:04 AM »
you're being too hard on yourself big guy! u do not look like shit in those pics! (i've seen worse!) just watch the diet and train and you'll be back on track!

JCL

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 08:45:08 PM »
you're being too hard on yourself big guy! u do not look like shit in those pics! (i've seen worse!) just watch the diet and train and you'll be back on track!

Thanks for the motivation. :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 07:49:58 AM »
Eat 1800 calories a day and you will look great in time.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 07:58:17 PM »
no problem big guy! i need motivation too once in a while!  8)

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »
25 yo, 215lbs..bodyfat = way to high.

Been training for years on and off naturally, I've gotten really out of shape as of late, my stomach is getting out of control... and need some help dieting...
Can anyone give me some good advice for carb timing...I Can eat whenever I want at work, im up at 7am, and train around 5pm.

should i just be taking in 50 carbs for first meal, 50g simple sugars before and afteroworkout totalling 150g a day?

Need some help, thanks in advance guys/girls!   
(Please dont be too harse on my pics, i havent lifted in over a year and im out of shape, just wanna give u guys an idea what i look like for carb intake)

Do not eat anything 3 hours before you go to bed. Walk at least an hour everyday along with your workouts. Take less time between sets on the weights, go lighter if you have to , This will burn the calories fast while keeping the lean muscle mass. Eat up the protein.
h

JCL

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 09:26:47 PM »
Eat 1800 calories a day and you will look great in time.

Mind giving me a break down of a diet that would make me "look great"..:)

JCL

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 09:27:58 PM »
Do not eat anything 3 hours before you go to bed. Walk at least an hour everyday along with your workouts. Take less time between sets on the weights, go lighter if you have to , This will burn the calories fast while keeping the lean muscle mass. Eat up the protein.

What about if i train around 8pm, and go to bed around 10, should I not have any post workout meals? i was told its okay to have my carbs even then, if its after a workout...
I just want to get ripped, im having a hard time.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 10:56:21 PM »
Mind giving me a break down of a diet that would make me "look great"..:)
Eat whatever you like. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 06:24:37 AM »

Not the best advice unless you want to lose muscle. Don't eat carbs 3 hours before bed but do take in protein. If you don't eat 3 hours before and then get 7-8 hours of sleep yoru body will begin to fast overnight. No simple carbs pre workout, your body already has glycogen stores from your daily intake so your pre will convert to fat quicker. Comlex carbs pre simple carbs post
gotta love life

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 06:36:01 AM »
Get all of your calories (with a deficit of course) in before 18:00...don't eat anything after that...before going to bed, 0mega-3, amino tabs, glutmanine and if you have them BCCAs...
I hate the State.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 10:07:45 AM »
Get all of your calories (with a deficit of course) in before 18:00...don't eat anything after that...before going to bed, 0mega-3, amino tabs, glutmanine and if you have them BCCAs...

That is horrible advice if they guy wants to maintain muscle
gotta love life

JCL

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 02:14:17 PM »
Lol...seems like everyone has a different opinion on this site...

JCL

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 02:14:54 PM »
Eat whatever you like. 

LOL? so eat 1800 Calories of big macs a day and i'll look great in time? lol

highlander

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 02:49:16 PM »
Why not just train for a month & get back into it. You are worrying bout too much "other" stuff. Sure follow JBs writings - protein + good fat meals pre workout, protein carb meals post etc. After a months training then make some modifications. Theres no "best" diet, its about your progression. As for transfat burgers - good luck to you.

JCL

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 02:57:43 PM »
Why not just train for a month & get back into it. You are worrying bout too much "other" stuff. Sure follow JBs writings - protein + good fat meals pre workout, protein carb meals post etc. After a months training then make some modifications. Theres no "best" diet, its about your progression. As for transfat burgers - good luck to you.

I wouldn't consider eating hamburgers for a diet, it was in response to his comment, relax...

highlander

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 03:09:12 PM »
Its cool, just some ppl believe this 1800 cal burger shite. You may need approx 2500 - 2800 of clean food if training 3 - 4 x week.

JCL

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 03:30:31 PM »
Its cool, just some ppl believe this 1800 cal burger shite. You may need approx 2500 - 2800 of clean food if training 3 - 4 x week.

ppl actually follow burger diets to get lean?? ur kidding me..