Author Topic: ISRAEL ADMITS AIR STRIKE ON SYRIA!!! SYRIA THREATENS RETALIATION  (Read 5047 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V

Israel has confirmed that it carried out a strike on a Syrian military installation last month.

Syria accused Israel at the time but Israeli officials refused to comment, and the Israeli military censor imposed a strict blackout on information.

The censor's office has now allowed some details to be released.

On Monday, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad told the BBC that a Syrian military construction site was hit in the Israeli air strike on 6 September.

President Assad said the raid demonstrated Israel's "visceral antipathy towards peace" - and that Syria would retaliate.

Syria and Israel are formally at war. Israel has occupied the Golan Heights since 1967. Peace talks between them collapsed in 2000.

Mystery remains

In the early hours of 6 September a number of Israeli jets appeared to enter Syrian airspace from the Mediterranean Sea.

Later, unidentified drop tanks, which may have contained fuel from the planes, were found on Turkish soil near the Syrian border, indicating a possible exit route.

Witnesses said the Israeli jets had been engaged by Syrian air defences in Tall al-Abyad, north of Raqqa and near the border with Turkey.

It is still not known why Israel carried out the strike or what exactly was hit.

On Tuesday, Israeli Army radio reported that Israeli planes had attacked a military target "deep inside Syria", quoting the military censor. No further details were given.

Some US officials have linked the raid to suspicions of secret nuclear co-operation between Damascus and North Korea, suggesting a fledgling research centre may have been the target.

Damascus and North Korea have denied any nuclear ties.

Other reports suggested that the raid may have targeted Iranian arms bound for the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah, or materials going in the other direction, to Iran.

Another theory is that it was simply an Israeli test of Syria's improving air defences.

Correspondents say there has been some suggestive leaking from Washington, but that the usual diplomatic sources have been uncharacteristically quiet over the incident.

The incident is still shrouded in mystery, says the BBC's world affairs correspondent, Nick Childs.

Was Israel just sending a message, he wonders, and if so, to whom?

And are others now exploiting the ambiguities in all this to peddle their own political agendas - for example, to unnerve Syria or Iran, or to discredit North Korea?

If nothing else, it is all a reminder of what a volatile mixture of interrelated tensions is present in the region, our correspondent says.

Syria's president told the BBC that Syria reserved the right to respond to the attack - but he did not say how.

"Retaliate doesn't mean missile for missile and bomb for bomb. We have our means to retaliate, maybe politically, maybe in other ways. But we have the right to retaliate," Mr Assad said.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: ISRAEL ADMITS AIR STRIKE ON SYRIA!!! SYRIA THREATENS RETALIATION
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 04:33:37 PM »
haha i love how israel has free reign to carry out 'strikes' against anyone they want and the international community says nothing, can you imagine the outrage if syria carried out a pre-emptive strike against israel?  ::)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 04:41:42 PM »
haha i love how israel has free reign to carry out 'strikes' against anyone they want and the international community says nothing, can you imagine the outrage if syria carried out a pre-emptive strike against israel?  ::)

;D

didn't lebanon try something along those lines last year?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 05:06:14 PM »

Syria's too much of a pussy to even talk about doing something like that. They know the good folks known as the IDF will send them back to the stone age.

Are you like a raghead in disguise?

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 05:12:24 PM »

Israel is above the law.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 05:23:19 PM »

getbig has a lot of closet ragheads and people who like to bite the hand that feeds them

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 06:55:23 PM »

JM,

Maybe it's group battered child syndrome, LOL!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 08:12:37 PM »
Syria's too much of a pussy to even talk about doing something like that. They know the good folks known as the IDF will send them back to the stone age.

Are you like a raghead in disguise?
no, i just find the blatant double standard amusing.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 08:05:40 AM »
getbig has a lot of closet ragheads and people who like to bite the hand that feeds them

soo being anti Israel is being anti amreekan??

lol...

iran could bomb israel back into the stoneage for all i care..

i live in the US...i dunno why the fuck we r picking fights with terrorists for a little shithole in the middle east.. :-\

:sparkle:  the more u know :sparkle:

ooo..btw the Palestinians aren't terrorists..kinda doesn't work that way when u r fighting for your OWN land.. ;)

lemme show up at your house and put a gun to your face and tell you to leave cause now it belongs to a Jew..and see how you like it..

hitler fucked up...give em a pice of gemany.. ;)
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 11:25:38 AM »

ooo..btw the Palestinians aren't terrorists..kinda doesn't work that way when u r fighting for your OWN land.. ;)

lemme show up at your house and put a gun to your face and tell you to leave cause now it belongs to a Jew..and see how you like it..

hitler fucked up...give em a pice of gemany.. ;)

It's true. They should have never been put there but we have to deal with today's reality. They will eventually have to find peace but the US shouldn't have to foot the bill.

Funny, not one of the people here would give their house to native Americans. Imagine how brutal the war would be if the UN tried to give descendants of slaves land in the south or Mexicans ocean front property in California. :)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 05:13:10 PM »
I'm surprised they admitted to it, could've been lightning for all we know  ::)

Jews
follow the arrows

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 06:09:49 PM »
It's true. They should have never been put there but we have to deal with today's reality. They will eventually have to find peace but the US shouldn't have to foot the bill.

Funny, not one of the people here would give their house to native Americans. Imagine how brutal the war would be if the UN tried to give descendants of slaves land in the south or Mexicans ocean front property in California. :)

We took that land from the Mexicans through military might and conquest. Just like the day after Israel was left on their own when they were attacked by 1/2 a dozen countries. They won, it's their land, and they're going to stay there until someone takes it back. Stop crying about it.

Those ragheads had every chance in the world to take it back. If you can't beat a fledgling country when multiple armies are attacking it, then as far as I'm concerned, you lost all "claim" to that land.

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 01:02:43 AM »
Israel is above the law.

No, that was Steven Seagal.

Don't worry, though. It's a common mistake to make.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 12:28:07 PM »
We took that land from the Mexicans through military might and conquest. Just like the day after Israel was left on their own when they were attacked by 1/2 a dozen countries. They won, it's their land, and they're going to stay there until someone takes it back. Stop crying about it.

Those ragheads had every chance in the world to take it back. If you can't beat a fledgling country when multiple armies are attacking it, then as far as I'm concerned, you lost all "claim" to that land.

Dude,

How many times can you brag about the 7 day war? LOL! We all know you aren't a veteran of it and have no letitimate reason to be so proud.

John Wayne kicked ass at Iwo Jima and I'm not bragging about it. :)

No, that was Steven Seagal.

Don't worry, though. It's a common mistake to make.

Where do you think he got the idea?!?  :)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 01:16:42 PM »
Dude,

How many times can you brag about the 7 day war? LOL! We all know you aren't a veteran of it and have no letitimate reason to be so proud.

John Wayne kicked ass at Iwo Jima and I'm not bragging about it. :)

nice tangent . . . what was your point again?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 01:29:58 PM »
I'm not bragging about it in the least. You keep implying that the Arabs are somehow entitled to that land and that the mean ol' USA and Israel won't let them have it. They had their shot, twice now, and they haven't taken it back. Why do you feel they still have any claim to it? That's what happens in war, you lose territory and you don't get it back until you take it back.

You a afro-islamic convert in disguise, Doc?

Those USA and Israeli bullies!! I lost two wars to Israel but I'm still entitled to that land! Personally, if I were an Israeli, I wouldn't have given the Gaza strip back. Was nice enough of them to bequeath it to those sissies.

I'm not Jewish either so I'm not really bragging about Israel's conquests. I just have a very bad distaste for Arabs and can't get enough of the fact that these clowns have spent 60+ years crying about land they've failed to conquer twice, while simultaneously losing land in each of those wars. Brings a tear to my racist eye.

But like Al-Gebra said, what was your point with that post, terrorist sympathizer?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 01:53:41 PM »
Why do you feel they still have any claim to it? That's what happens in war, you lose territory and you don't get it back until you take it back.

I really think you're a sand nig in disguise Doc. You attend weekly "Jihadi" meetings in the basement of your local mosque?

Either that or a bent out of shape afro-islamic convert.

Those USA and Israeli bullies!! I lost two wars to Israel but I'm still entitled to that land! Personally, if I were an Israeli, I wouldn't have given the Gaza strip back. Was nice enough of them to bequeath it to those sand nigs.

It's a pretty typical reaction among blacks, imo.  They Some of them really resent the clout jewish-americans have . . .
which is ironic considering that a lot of the NAACP's lawyers were/are Jewish, as well as many other people who helped the black community out.  Jews were willing to help b/c they knew what it meant to be on the outside . . .

it's easier to complain/blame than it is to actually do something about the way things are.

he'll probably come on here and whine about how the israelis would not have won anything w/o the U.S's help, but anybody w any kind of understanding of history realizes that US support for Israel did not really take off until well after 1948.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 02:02:55 PM »
It's a pretty typical reaction among blacks, imo.  They really resent the clout jewish-americans have . . .
which is ironic considering that a lot of the NAACP's lawyers were/are Jewish, as well as many other people who helped the black community out.  Jews were willing to help b/c they knew what it meant to be on the outside . . .

it's easier to complain/blame than it is to actually do something about the way things are.

he'll probably come on here and whine about how the israelis would not have won anything w/o the U.S's help, but anybody w any kind of understanding of history realizes that US support for Israel did not really take off until well after 1948.

I forgot you're one of the educated ones. But wait, you're telling me Israel fought off all those countries by themselves? Well, wouldn't that give them every right they want to stay on that land? That is what happens in war after all.

It cracks me up when I see people say, "well, so-and-so won that land fair and square, but they should give it back because the other people cried long enough over it". Boofuckinghoo. I don't see the Palestinians doing jack shit about it. They're too busy launching Qassam rockets at Israeli civilians.  ::)

What's funny to me is, he complains about how much money these wars cost and what not, but doesn't take into account the fact that the millions upon millions of dollars we pour into the jails each year to hold these criminals who, by the far and away majority, are black.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 02:36:41 PM »

What's funny to me is, he complains about how much money these wars cost and what not, but doesn't take into account the fact that the millions upon millions of dollars we pour into the jails each year to hold these criminals who, by the far and away majority, are black.

on this point, he suddenly becomes a patriot and says that we should look after americans first.

Our interest in continued access to energy supplies seems to be at least as important as looking making sure everybody gets their handout.   Especially given the aggressive position Russia has taken recently . . . we need another country whose interests are pretty much perfectly aligned w ours when it comes to the Middle East . . . and who can use/adapt our technology better than even we can. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 02:41:49 PM »
I forgot you're one of the educated ones. But wait, you're telling me Israel fought off all those countries by themselves? Well, wouldn't that give them every right they want to stay on that land? That is what happens in war after all.

It cracks me up when I see people say, "well, so-and-so won that land fair and square, but they should give it back because the other people cried long enough over it". Boofuckinghoo. I don't see the Palestinians doing jack shit about it. They're too busy launching Qassam rockets at Israeli civilians.  ::)

BF, I totally forgot the IDF has an on-line division, LOL!

The point you guys are unable to grasp is that I oppose all offshore spending. Let Israel, Syria, Uganda., etc... take care of itself. No one has ever given me a logical nonreligious reason to spend money over there, especially for this long. I realize people are stupid so being called an antisemitic or being alluded to as an ungrateful
(to the NAACP Jewish lawyers who know what it's like to be on the outside) black is understandable.

When dimwits get frustrated they tend to attack people instead of arguments. :)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 03:03:44 PM »
Not a member of the "IDF online". Just a person that understand that what you take you through war and conquest is generally yours until someone else takes it. And you act like we give Israel everything for free. Last I checked, they're giving us $20 billion for those weapons. They've got the money, we've got the goods. Looks like a good business deal to me. We deal to Saudi Arabia and other countries, too. Are you saying we shouldn't make any money from Israel now because you think they don't belong on that land? Yet you complain about how much money we spend. Interesting point of view. My bad, I guess $20 billion grows on trees.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 03:11:45 PM »
My bad, I guess $20 billion grows on trees.

perhaps for the portion of the population that has gotten used to handouts it does . . .

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 03:14:27 PM »
perhaps for the portion of the population that has gotten used to handouts it does . . .

hahahahaha! That was easily one of the five funniest things I've ever read on this forum. That was gold.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 03:21:46 PM »
Israel is above the law.

as well they should be...

2 million jews surrounded by 50 million muslims that want to see them dead,I hope syria does make the mistake of retaliating against Israel.....

the IDF's locked and loaded !

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 03:58:21 PM »
hahahahaha! That was easily one of the five funniest things I've ever read on this forum. That was gold.

I agree that Israel has gotten accustomed to getting handouts but that's not the point.

We should spend taxpayer dollars on Americans.

as well they should be...

2 million jews surrounded by 50 million muslims that want to see them dead,I hope syria does make the mistake of retaliating against Israel.....

the IDF's locked and loaded !

I wouldn't care if the all killed each other, just not on our dime. :)