Author Topic: Chick, If You're Not Competing, Why Stay On The Gear With The 44 Inch Waist?  (Read 10284 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
I spoke with Bob at the BB.com table.  He definitely doesn't have a 44in waist..... ;D
A

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
chick, even a "maintenance" cycle or a "test deficient" cycle is still considered juicing

I agree..and I'm on neither...

Training 29 years should give you some sort of base....!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B

You probably have a lot of residual muscle as well.

I've noticed through the years that a lot of guys that went "100%" with their supplementation and got tremendous, tend to stay pretty damn big when they go off. If they know what they are doing

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
You probably have a lot of residual muscle as well.

I've noticed through the years that a lot of guys that went "100%" with their supplementation and got tremendous, tend to stay pretty damn big when they go off. If they know what they are doing

Actually...it works the compete opposite. If your body is built with gear, and no real base..then it will go the way of your cycle.

Building a REAL base is essential to maintaining one, whether on or off...

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
Actually...it works the compete opposite. If your body is built with gear, and no real base..then it will go the way of your cycle.

Yeh, remember the pics of Strydom when he took a lay off back in the early '90's - 14inch arms and looked 12 stone soaking wet!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V

I should have clarified that i only see this in guys that are pretty big to begin with, If a guy is literally "all drugs" than yeah, he's toast

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
really, chick? How do you explain Guys like Kevin Levrone who deflated tremendously over a short period of time.
Get Big, or Die Trying

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
really, chick? How do you explain Guys like Kevin Levrone who deflated tremendously over a short period of time.

We should all "deflate" as bad as levrone ::)

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
We should all "deflate" as bad as levrone ::)

well, I guess Levrone never had a base to begin with then? ???
Get Big, or Die Trying

youandme

• Getbig V

Chick's set point is probably 240 LEAN, after 20+ ears of training his LH and VMH have set him up as being conditioned year round. Go to any show and you will see the more years you have under your belt the better conditioned you are...

Chick looks good right there he is at a good weight to be doing the things he is doing, keeping his face looking good.

Err don't know about levrone, he seems to be on a 24/7 diet.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V

well, I guess Levrone never had a base to begin with then? ???

From what I've seen Levrone seems to be a very solid 200 lbs...give or take. He looks great

It also looks to me he's making an effort to stay smaller and leaner IE not really training for size, but really don't know so I could just be talking out of my ass on that one

biceps

• Getbig III
From what I've seen Levrone seems to be a very solid 200 lbs...give or take. He looks great

It also looks to me he's making an effort to stay smaller and leaner IE not really training for size, but really don't know so I could just be talking out of my ass on that one

Is no secret, just train and eat clean, the same way as you were on juice, you will be probably 1o to 15 lbs lighter and almost as strong, train your body part every 7 days and incorporate negatives all the time. I been of for 4 years and people just can`t believed.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Is no secret, just train and eat clean, the same way as you were on juice, you will be probably 1o to 15 lbs lighter and almost as strong, train your body part every 7 days and incorporate negatives all the time. I been of for 4 years and people just can`t believed.

interesting you mention negatives. Something about that sounds true.  why do you think they help you keep size?. Did you go heavy or high volume light?

biceps

• Getbig III
interesting you mention negatives. Something about that sounds true.  why do you think they help you keep size?. Did you go heavy or high volume light?

Hypertrophy occurs when a muscle adapts to a very heavy weight.The heavier the weight,the grater the muscle overloads. The grater the overload the grater need for adaptation,resulting in growth. The more fibres they are activated, the greater the chance for hypertrophy to occur. For example,lifting light weights for a high number of repetitions will activate and recruit a portion of slow-twich muscle fibers, and will not cause significant growth. On the other hand, when heavy weights are used,both fast and slow-twich fibers are recruited and activated. But targeting muscle fibers of a particular group can be very challenging and is accomplished by doing more than just a particular workout or exercise.  My self I incorporate negatives all the time even when I am doing  super sets.

I hope this will help.

biceps

• Getbig III
The negative system I use is not the traditional negative system. You see traditional negative training might may be ineffective after all. That`s because during regular negative training, the targeted muscle passively resists the weight by involving the maximum amount of muscle fiber. In order to move the weight back up to the start position, the additional aid of external help is necessary. A training partner must involve himself to get the wight back to a point of stability. At this point, a portion of the motor unit(fiber and nerve connections) involved, shut off and the effectiveness of the negative repetition is significantly reduced. With the system I use effectiveness of the negative portion of the movement is what will cause you to gain more muscle in less time.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
The negative system I use is not the traditional negative system. You see traditional negative training might may be ineffective after all. That`s because during regular negative training, the targeted muscle passively resists the weight by involving the maximum amount of muscle fiber. In order to move the weight back up to the start position, the additional aid of external help is necessary. A training partner must involve himself to get the wight back to a point of stability. At this point, a portion of the motor unit(fiber and nerve connections) involved, shut off and the effectiveness of the negative repetition is significantly reduced. With the system I use effectiveness of the negative portion of the movement is what will cause you to gain more muscle in less time.

The problem is when off a cycle, your strength diminishes greatly, so you cant use the heavy weights  therfore it is impossible to stress every cell the way you did when on. So by doing negatives with a lighter wieght you think you can "trick" the muscles into being as stresssed as they were with the heavy weights?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V

Kevin has made a specific goal of geting leaner, which included NO weight training in order to get as small as he has...even moderate training would have resulted in staying around the 215-20 range for him...which was still too big by hollywood standards and counter productive to what he is trying to do....

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Kevin has made a specific goal of geting leaner, which included NO weight training in order to get as small as he has...even moderate training would have resulted in staying around the 215-20 range for him...which was still too big by hollywood standards and counter productive to what he is trying to do....

yeah...absolutely trying to do...

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong

I don't think he meant Kevins physique nowadays Chick, but how he often looked in the Off-season (skinny-fat) while still competing.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I don't think he meant Kevins physique nowadays Chick, but how he often looked in the Off-season (skinny-fat) while still competing.

Because Kevin always took a break from Hormones in the off...
I hate the State.

biceps

• Getbig III
The problem is when off a cycle, your strength diminishes greatly, so you cant use the heavy weights  therfore it is impossible to stress every cell the way you did when on. So by doing negatives with a lighter wieght you think you can "trick" the muscles into being as stresssed as they were with the heavy weights?

It takes 3 to 4 weeks to the body to able to adjust to the this negative workouts.
The protein requirement will increase throughout the initial 4 weeks period of time.
Each week protein intake will increase by at least 10%. During the first 4 weeks of the program, the body will begin learning to use protein with greater efficiency.
This is for only very dedicated and discipline bbs.  

Monster81

• Getbig IV

sorry ,but chemical muscles is not a base...

knny187

• Getbig V

Let me guess.....

you got this off the racks in LA because it was "trendy"?

;D

LATS

• Getbig IV
 when ever people want to diss juicing they bring up guys like levrone and say "look at what happened to him ..".. guys.. when you stop training heavy, eat only three meals a day and do alot of cardio, you will drop bodyweight.. when some one retires, even like dorian, they do not train as hard, do not eat all the time, and do their cardio ect ect they will drop size.. BUT, THEY ARE TRYING TO DROP SIZE.. if levrone decided to tomorrow to add size and still be natural and went back to eating and training heavy he would amaze you at how he looks naturally..

biceps

• Getbig III
when ever people want to diss juicing they bring up guys like levrone and say "look at what happened to him ..".. guys.. when you stop training heavy, eat only three meals a day and do alot of cardio, you will drop bodyweight.. when some one retires, even like dorian, they do not train as hard, do not eat all the time, and do their cardio ect ect they will drop size.. BUT, THEY ARE TRYING TO DROP SIZE.. if levrone decided to tomorrow to add size and still be natural and went back to eating and training heavy he would amaze you at how he looks naturally..

Don't forget on the Getbig site most of the members are doing the talk but not the walk.