Author Topic: best front lat spread of all time  (Read 140699 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: best front lat spread of all time
« Reply #275 on: August 20, 2009, 01:20:20 PM »
technically those shots are in the 70s and isn't freddys shot from the early 60s?

comparing sergio's late 60s shots with that freddy shot, i still think freddy is more impressive

I get your point , I think this is from the 60s

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #276 on: August 20, 2009, 01:58:06 PM »

Yates does look great, but when I look at Sergio then look at Yates, Yates' arms and quads seem noticably less remarkable.

Then I wish someone could have the awe-inspiring rounded muscle bellies of Sergio, with the modern day mass of Yates with slightly inferior calves and conditioning haha, but superior detail and aesthetics. Then, as if delivered by my minds eye, I see this:

Then I realise Coleman's forearms are just TINY and it spoils the whole shot.......naaaaaaaat.

Excuse cop-out of a reply, the last one took me forever and I wanna do the next one justice too.

I will add though, that to my knowledge Kevin Horton is not a judge. Rather he is a photographer who unsurprisingly rates the impact of his own photographs, "technically terrible" or not. His opinion seems to me just that, and not representative of a panel of judges, insightful and interesting though it is.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: August 20, 2009, 02:00:07 PM »
Either Lee Haney or Samir Bannout

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #278 on: August 20, 2009, 02:01:55 PM »
whats funny is that those yates black and white shots are not technically terrible at all.

on the contrary they are very well done. great lighting to provide contrast, shadows etc.

but if you say your great photo is crappy, what does that do?

thats right.

it makes your other work seem even better..

Kevin is an awesome photographer. and those photos of yates are very well done.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: August 20, 2009, 02:07:37 PM »
whats funny is that those yates black and white shots are not technically terrible at all.

on the contrary they are very well done. great lighting to provide contrast, shadows etc.

but if you say your great photo is crappy, what does that do?

thats right.

it makes your other work seem even better..

Kevin is an awesome photographer. and those photos of yates are very well done.

Telling the experts they're wrong again lol continue with your meltdown troll you're getting bitch slapped in multiple threads as it is

Kevin Horoton GetBig Dec 30th

The photo is technically terrible, fortunately the physique is awesome.
I'd agree with Kris about Dorian showing up on stage how he looked a few weeks out. There are some shots of him at around 280 - 285 shredded. That conditioning has not been surpassed.

owned yet again stupid  ;)  ;D

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #280 on: August 20, 2009, 02:10:32 PM »
To this day Dorian precontest could beat ANY Mr Olympia after him , they now it hence why they try so hard to deny it
All three of them?  ;D
follow the arrows

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #281 on: August 20, 2009, 02:11:55 PM »
Thread closed.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #282 on: August 20, 2009, 02:14:02 PM »
if dorian precontest could beat any mr. O  after him, then someone had better tell Ronnie Coleman

because his precontest 99 physique is CRUSHING dorian from head to toe:

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: August 20, 2009, 02:15:09 PM »

Yates does look great, but when I look at Sergio then look at Yates, Yates' arms and quads seem noticably less remarkable.

Then I wish someone could have the awe-inspiring rounded muscle bellies of Sergio, with the modern day mass of Yates with slightly inferior calves and conditioning haha, but superior detail and aesthetics. Then, as if delivered by my minds eye, I see this:

Then I realise Coleman's forearms are just TINY and it spoils the whole shot.......naaaaaaaat.

Excuse cop-out of a reply, the last one took me forever and I wanna do the next one justice too.

I will add though, that to my knowledge Kevin Horton is not a judge. Rather he is a photographer who unsurprisingly rates the impact of his own photographs, "technically terrible" or not. His opinion seems to me just that, and not representative of a panel of judges, insightful and interesting though it is.

if you mean by shape then you'll get NO argument however in terms of density , development Dorian is leaving Sergio for dead , having larger rounder softer quads is NO advantage

you see what you want , nothing wrong with that , Flex comes closer to Sergio in terms of small joints , full round muscle bellies and aesthetic than Coleman ever could

Coleman's forearm's aren't ' TINY ' just not in proportion with his biceps & triceps , they like his calves insert high and lack great shape

Horton's not a judge true , Yates is  ;) and the impact his photos speak for themselves , but his opinion on the subject is a valuable one because to this date he's never taken any side and is really objective and honest 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: August 20, 2009, 02:16:01 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: August 20, 2009, 02:18:17 PM »
if dorian precontest could beat any mr. O  after him, then someone had better tell Ronnie Coleman

because his precontest 99 physique is CRUSHING dorian from head to toe:

::)

yeah sure it is  ::) I love when you post comparisons made by the biggest Coleman nutt-huggers where Ronnie's calves are the same size as a 269 pound Dorian Yates  ;)

only in your fantasy world does Ronnie beat Dorian because he knows he wouldn't in REAL LIFE  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: August 20, 2009, 02:19:18 PM »
Thread closed.

He looks awesome in this shot !

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: August 20, 2009, 02:31:09 PM »
LOL never taken a side?

sorry, but anyone who comes into a dorian vs ronnie thread and buys into the long pushed guy conspiracy theory that the 1999 Olympia footage of Ronnie Coleman is 'faked' (simply because it is that much better than dorian) is definately taking a side.. ;)

definatey ( sic ) taking a side? he never said either was better and he pointed out the obvious ! some of the 99 screencaps were enhanced this is a FACT  ;)

and you're reduced to LYING again he never claimed it was ' faked ' don't quote him as saying that LIAR , how does it feel Hulkster to get your ass handed to you by multiple professionals? I wouldn't know

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #288 on: August 20, 2009, 02:35:05 PM »
ND still hasnt recovered: :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: August 20, 2009, 02:38:34 PM »
ND still hasnt recovered: :P

You haven't recovered from the ass pounding by Bob Chick  ;) Kevin Horton  ;) Ronnie Coleman  ;) Me  ;)

you are my property kid I own you

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #290 on: August 20, 2009, 02:40:31 PM »
you are my property kid I own you

Flowerboy wants to make me his sex slave. yuck.

what a fag :-X

Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #291 on: August 20, 2009, 02:41:56 PM »
Thread closed.

Off the mark as usual, that's about as compelling as the keg's lat spreads.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: August 20, 2009, 02:43:07 PM »
Flowerboy wants to make me his sex slave. yuck.

what a fag :-X

hahahahaha what's on your mind? and how does it feel getting owned in yet another thread by me? it's gotta suck? keep up with the personal attacks your desperation level is in the red again  ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #293 on: August 20, 2009, 02:45:58 PM »
this is whats on flowerboy's mind :-X
Flower Boy Ran Away

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #294 on: August 20, 2009, 02:47:37 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: August 20, 2009, 02:48:36 PM »
Off the mark as usual, that's about as compelling as the keg's lat spreads.

All the trolls are here  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: August 20, 2009, 02:50:06 PM »

looked much better in 1998/1999/2001

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #297 on: August 20, 2009, 03:00:18 PM »
Does anyone else think cormier is better than all these guys?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: August 20, 2009, 03:06:03 PM »
Does anyone else think cormier is better than all these guys?

structural wise Cormier does especially compared to Flex and Ronnie but Ronnie wins the pose because he's meeting most of the criteria better than Chris and Flex

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #299 on: August 20, 2009, 03:09:25 PM »
if you mean by shape then you'll get NO argument however in terms of density , development Dorian is leaving Sergio for dead , having larger rounder softer quads is NO advantage

you see what you want , nothing wrong with that , Flex comes closer to Sergio in terms of small joints , full round muscle bellies and aesthetic than Coleman ever could

Coleman's forearm's aren't ' TINY ' just not in proportion with his biceps & triceps , they like his calves insert high and lack great shape

Horton's not a judge true , Yates is  ;) and the impact his photos speak for themselves , but his opinion on the subject is a valuable one because to this date he's never taken any side and is really objective and honest 

If you think Dorian has better quads then I don't know what to say. If they were more defined, or had superor tear-drop/outer-quad/sartorious separation etc... , then I could overlook the fact they are about 2/3 the size. Look at the pics, and see where the inner legs taper suddenly on Dorian, and how they are thick and full on Ronnie. I know Dorian beat Nasser and others with great quads, but Ronnie's got those crazy lats as well, which no-one had in Dorian's day except Dorian.

Flex may have smaller joints still, but again this seems a mute point, as in the Dorian/Ronnie debate all that matters is that Ronnie has fuller muscle bellies than Dorian, something you seem to concede with the abstract Flex reference. If Dillet had a great back and ripped glutes/hams then I believe he could have beat Dorian. Dillet didn't have those things, but Ronnie did. I guess this is irrelevant too, as we are talking about the best pic you can post of a Dorian lat spread vs. the best Ronnie lat spread I can post. With some opinions from Dorian's photographer thrown in to sweeten the argument a bit. I can believe Dorian's conditioning gave him a magical aura when he transitioned between poses, but I feel a stationary shot is a slightly different argument.

I think in the pic I posted there is no noticable flaw in Ronnie's forearms, I mean they are absolutely huge, full and ripped/detailed. They look slightly worse in the front double bi, but great in this pose, very powerful. (still pretty damn good in front double bi, also attached to arguably greatest upper arms of all time.)

Was Yates amongst the ex-Olympian judges who voted Badell 1st in challenge round 2005? Because the real judges at the time seemed to disagree, even though Ronnie already has a small left tri and a less eye-popping rear lat spread.

I think I am objective too tbh. I believe Dorian was great, and it would be a damn close call. But as far as the internet debate, my pic is better than your pic. I'd be intrigued to see if you can concede this, since it would not technically win me the real-life debate. All the quotes you have posted about the effect of real life vs. photos suggests to me you need to prove to me that even if my photo is better it doesn't mean anything. Which logically suggests to me that my photo is better, otherwise why would you bother with the real-life sub-argument. I guess since I've never seen either guy in person I could even concede Dorian might be better in person, which is the ultimate truth of course, but it sure as hell looks to me from pictures - my only frame of reference outside of Dorian's photographer's words - that Ronnie has pretty much everything bigger and better except calves. Add superior aesthetic and much better detail all over and, calves withstanding, we have the photo victor.