Author Topic: best front lat spread of all time  (Read 142605 times)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Re: best front lat spread of all time
« Reply #300 on: August 20, 2009, 03:22:40 PM »
 I know you guys think it's funny but this ronnie and dorian argument is just spam; same pics and text all the time...

why not keep it to your truce thread and if not on there, make specific threads ...
O

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #301 on: August 20, 2009, 03:51:01 PM »
If you think Dorian has better quads then I don't know what to say. If they were more defined, or had superor tear-drop/outer-quad/sartorious separation etc... , then I could overlook the fact they are about 2/3 the size. Look at the pics, and see where the inner legs taper suddenly on Dorian, and how they are thick and full on Ronnie. I know Dorian beat Nasser and others with great quads, but Ronnie's got those crazy lats as well, which no-one had in Dorian's day except Dorian.

Flex may have smaller joints still, but again this seems a mute point, as in the Dorian/Ronnie debate all that matters is that Ronnie has fuller muscle bellies than Dorian, something you seem to concede with the abstract Flex reference. If Dillet had a great back and ripped glutes/hams then I believe he could have beat Dorian. Dillet didn't have those things, but Ronnie did. I guess this is irrelevant too, as we are talking about the best pic you can post of a Dorian lat spread vs. the best Ronnie lat spread I can post. With some opinions from Dorian's photographer thrown in to sweeten the argument a bit. I can believe Dorian's conditioning gave him a magical aura when he transitioned between poses, but I feel a stationary shot is a slightly different argument.

I think in the pic I posted there is no noticable flaw in Ronnie's forearms, I mean they are absolutely huge, full and ripped/detailed. They look slightly worse in the front double bi, but great in this pose, very powerful. (still pretty damn good in front double bi, also attached to arguably greatest upper arms of all time.)

Was Yates amongst the ex-Olympian judges who voted Badell 1st in challenge round 2005? Because the real judges at the time seemed to disagree, even though Ronnie already has a small left tri and a less eye-popping rear lat spread.

I think I am objective too tbh. I believe Dorian was great, and it would be a damn close call. But as far as the internet debate, my pic is better than your pic. I'd be intrigued to see if you can concede this, since it would not technically win me the real-life debate. All the quotes you have posted about the effect of real life vs. photos suggests to me you need to prove to me that even if my photo is better it doesn't mean anything. Which logically suggests to me that my photo is better, otherwise why would you bother with the real-life sub-argument. I guess since I've never seen either guy in person I could even concede Dorian might be better in person, which is the ultimate truth of course, but it sure as hell looks to me from pictures - my only frame of reference outside of Dorian's photographer's words - that Ronnie has pretty much everything bigger and better except calves. Add superior aesthetic and much better detail all over and, calves withstanding, we have the photo victor.

If you think Dorian has better quads then I don't know what to say. If they were more defined, or had superor tear-drop/outer-quad/sartorious separation etc... , then I could overlook the fact they are about 2/3 the size. Look at the pics, and see where the inner legs taper suddenly on Dorian, and how they are thick and full on Ronnie. I know Dorian beat Nasser and others with great quads, but Ronnie's got those crazy lats as well, which no-one had in Dorian's day except Dorian.

Better quads than Sergio ! are you even reading before you type?  Huh and if you're referring to Ronnie's quads in comparison you couldn't tell if they were ' 2/3 the size ' unless they were side-by-side

Flex may have smaller joints still, but again this seems a mute point, as in the Dorian/Ronnie debate all that matters is that Ronnie has fuller muscle bellies than Dorian, something you seem to concede with the abstract Flex reference. If Dillet had a great back and ripped glutes/hams then I believe he could have beat Dorian. Dillet didn't have those things, but Ronnie did. I guess this is irrelevant too, as we are talking about the best pic you can post of a Dorian lat spread vs. the best Ronnie lat spread I can post. With some opinions from Dorian's photographer thrown in to sweeten the argument a bit. I can believe Dorian's conditioning gave him a magical aura when he transitioned between poses, but I feel a stationary shot is a slightly different argument.

Fuller muscle bellies if you mean less dense sure not exactly a great advantage FYI ! and bad reference to basically say Ronnie is like Dillett , Dillett's structure , balance & proportion are much better than Ronnie's . Dorian's conditioning is legendary and how you came to the conclusion it's magical only when transitioning is beyond me  Huh it's a fact pictures don't due him justice so just because it doesn't translate on paper & film doesn't mean it's not so

I think in the pic I posted there is no noticable flaw in Ronnie's forearms, I mean they are absolutely huge, full and ripped/detailed. They look slightly worse in the front double bi, but great in this pose, very powerful. (still pretty damn good in front double bi, also attached to arguably greatest upper arms of all time.)

This is one of Ronnie's better showing in terms of balance & proportion FOR HIS PHYSIQUE but it's still not in Dorian's league his forearm discrepancy is more noticeable in other shots which you agree

I think I am objective too tbh. I believe Dorian was great, and it would be a damn close call. But as far as the internet debate, my pic is better than your pic. I'd be intrigued to see if you can concede this, since it would not technically win me the real-life debate. All the quotes you have posted about the effect of real life vs. photos suggests to me you need to prove to me that even if my photo is better it doesn't mean anything. Which logically suggests to me that my photo is better, otherwise why would you bother with the real-life sub-argument. I guess since I've never seen either guy in person I could even concede Dorian might be better in person, which is the ultimate truth of course, but it sure as hell looks to me from pictures - my only frame of reference outside of Dorian's photographer's words - that Ronnie has pretty much everything bigger and better except calves. Add superior aesthetic and much better detail all over and, calves withstanding, we have the photo victor.

In terms of pic YOU see what you want to see ( much like everyone else ) being ignorant of the judging criteria you can't possibly say who is better , you can type what you think wins and what you prefer however that's not hows it done ! I think the Ronnie pics show his detail much easier than Yates for a host of reasons which doesn't mean the Ronnie pics are better just shows off his advantages in detail more , pic's clearly show Dorian's advantages in balance & proportion as well as him being more complete

And Ronnie has bigger everything besides calves compared to Dorian in what terms? when he was much lighter and Ronnie at 287 pounds? well duh how about the exact same weight? or Dorian much heavier? I mean that's a gross generalization and entertaining it were true that doesn't mean much because there are many other factors in determining who has the better physique and pose , density & dryness , balance & proportion , completeness , etc

And almost ALL of the contest reports I've read all state another fact besides him looking eons better in person , he looks bigger than much bigger competitors

Quote from John Balik, commenting on the 96 O:

"Dorian Yates looked absolutely fantastic. He was so freaking dense and so freaking ripped and dry, that he actually looked bigger than all the 280 lbs competitors, even though he tipped the scales at 255 lbs."

ronman Magazine Jan 1994

I.F.B.B. judge Roger Schwab

Man-mountain Dorian Yates was certainly the top gun in the 1993 Mr Olympia shootout. He was much bigger , better and harder than ever , and while his is never the prettiest physique on stage , he's assuredly the most God-awful muscular superman this sport has yet seen. Though Yates was lighter than Lou Ferrigno or Paul Dillett , he appeared to be the biggest man on stage-by far- and the hardest , dominating from beginning to end and every step in between.

I can post others but you get the gist , Ronnie at a similar weight wont out muscle Yates sorry and would get positively dwarfed if Dorian is 282 pounds and Ronnie 247-257

Dorian will always have these advantages against Ronnie Coleman NO matter what year , density & dryness , balance & proportion , detail you couldn't tell unless you seen them both live and in person and entertaining Ronnie has the clear advantage in this department it doesn't mean he's an automatic winner especially considering ALL of the criteria is assessed at once , so while Ronnie has advantages in part(s) of the criteria he doesn't beat Dorian in ALL of it

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #302 on: August 20, 2009, 03:51:28 PM »

Was Yates amongst the ex-Olympian judges who voted Badell 1st in challenge round 2005? Because the real judges at the time seemed to disagree, even though Ronnie already has a small left tri and a less eye-popping rear lat spread.

Unfortunately, you are trying to engage in serious reasoned debate with those who are uninterested in it, who drop unrelated tangents, trolling and thread hijacks in to any discussion in order to avoid humiliation on the original issue time and again.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: August 20, 2009, 03:53:21 PM »
Unfortunately, you are trying to engage in serious reasoned debate with those who are uninterested in it, who drop unrelated tangents in to any argument in order to avoid humiliation time and again.

coming from the coward who runs whenever pushed on his ignorance , you're a joke. you can't debate me because everything you type leads back to politics and racism your default positions , it's all you know.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: August 20, 2009, 03:55:39 PM »
Unfortunately, you are trying to engage in serious reasoned debate with those who are uninterested in it, who drop unrelated tangents, trolling and thread hijacks in to any discussion in order to avoid humiliation on the original issue time and again.

I find it ironic you edited your post to include trolling and hijack two things you're infamous for , thanks for proving my point  ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: August 20, 2009, 03:56:45 PM »
Nothing Yates or Haney had competes with this but instead you'll get a barrage of filler rife with desperate deflections lol

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »
coming from the coward who runs whenever pushed on his ignorance , you're a joke. you can't debate me because everything you type leads back to politics and racism your default positions , it's all you know.

Textbook. Nothing to do with content and everything to do with trolling, deflections and personal vendettas/meltdowns lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: August 20, 2009, 03:59:30 PM »
Nothing Yates or Haney had competes with this but instead you'll get a barrage of filler rife with desperate deflections lol

Sure Dorian is 282 pounds in this pic with better density & dryness than Sergio EVER shown , with equal balance & proportion

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: August 20, 2009, 04:01:22 PM »
Textbook. Nothing to do with content and everything to do with trolling, deflections and personal vendettas/meltdowns lol

I agree you just described yourself to the letter  ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: August 20, 2009, 04:02:04 PM »
Sure Dorian is 282 pounds in this pic with better density & dryness than Sergio EVER shown , with equal balance & proportion

Entirely morphed pic, Yates as you wish he was lol

Here's the truth. ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: August 20, 2009, 04:05:39 PM »
Entirely morphed pic, Yates as you wish he was lol

Here's the truth. ;D

What's funny is you didn't take very long to prove me right and expose yourself !  thanks  :D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: August 20, 2009, 04:09:25 PM »
What's funny is you didn't take very long to prove me right and expose yourself !  thanks  :D

Never expect ND to make sense and you'll be on the right track lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: August 20, 2009, 04:11:12 PM »

Never expect ND to make sense and you'll be on the right track lol

Whenever faced with reality and overwhelmed by a superior intellect and befuddled try and divert with a personal attack  ;)

textbook pumpster nothing as usual 

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: August 20, 2009, 04:21:05 PM »

best front lat spread of all time?

discuss.
Haney looked better in that pose.   
((-::

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #314 on: August 20, 2009, 04:32:03 PM »
so did Ronnie at his peak in 1999.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2009, 04:35:54 PM »
so did Ronnie at his peak in 1999.

peak? that's not 2001  ;)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: August 20, 2009, 04:44:44 PM »
I see the trolls are playing the "morph" card again.  ::)  Translation:  Ronnie could never hang with the physique Yates is showing.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: August 20, 2009, 04:46:33 PM »
I see the trolls are playing the "morph" card again.  ::)  Translation:  Ronnie could never hang with the physique Yates is showing.

Exactly the pic is so far above and beyond anything Coleman has ever shown it must be fake lol

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #318 on: August 20, 2009, 04:47:31 PM »
dorian at his self proclaimed best in 95 has a lat spread that is 34 notches below ronnie's:

see for yourself:
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: August 20, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »
dorian at his self proclaimed best in 95 has a lat spread that is 34 notches below ronnie's:

see for yourself:

In what regards? muscular bulk? NO density? NO dryness? NO balance? NO proportion? NO in detail? maybe stop making claims based on what you think is better

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #320 on: August 20, 2009, 04:51:07 PM »
In what regards? muscular bulk? NO density? NO dryness? NO balance? NO proportion? NO in detail? maybe stop making claims based on what you think is better

hahaha ND knows dorian looks worse so he just melts down.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: August 20, 2009, 04:54:02 PM »
hahaha ND knows dorian looks worse so he just melts down.

Thanks for conceding you have no logical rational explanation using the IFBB criteria and are just reduced to hollow claims of deflection

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: August 20, 2009, 04:55:43 PM »

see for yourself:

I don't have the rose colored glasses like you to look through.  I see Dorian with better chest/delt tie-ins, vastly thicker lats, fuller chest & delts, abs that don't look like that of a mutant and honest to goodness calves.  Look at how Ronnie's chest flattens out in the pose.  His delts also aren't capped like Dorian's.  Dorian is denser and more complete, which is plain to see to those people who understand judging criteria.  Dorian easily show greater overall width as well.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #323 on: August 20, 2009, 04:58:34 PM »
no logical explanation?

gee lets see.

muscular bulk: ronnie is not only heavier than dorian 95, he was larger arms, chest quads etc.

advantage: ronnie.

density/dryness: dorian showing no detail, looking soft and puffy compared to the ultra ripped,dry and striated ronnie, who even shows abs in the pose, something not normally seen.

advantage: ronnie

balance: ronnie - dorian's smallish arms are overpowered by his lats. ronnie's pose has perfect balance, even his calves are in proportion.

Detail - well that one's easy.

ronnie also has freaky vascularity in the arms, something that the not special from the front dorian barely has.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: August 20, 2009, 04:58:41 PM »
I don't have the rose colored glasses like you to look through.  I see Dorian with better chest/delt tie-ins, vastly thicker lats, fuller chest & delts, abs that don't look like that of a mutant and honest to goodness calves.  Look at how Ronnie's chest flattens out in the pose.  His delts also aren't capped like Dorian's.  Dorian is denser and more complete, which is plain to see to those people who understand judging criteria.

This man knows what he's talking about ! spot-on

Ronnie's pecs flatten out in the front double biceps pose too it's weird