Author Topic: Lee Preist's last shot - YOU CAN HELP!  (Read 53221 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Lee Preist's last shot - YOU CAN HELP!
« Reply #250 on: October 09, 2007, 10:59:45 PM »
So let's summarize:

1) Lee was with the IFBB and sponsored by MD (Steve B)
2) He decides to compete in the PDI
3) MD tells him they support his decision and will continue to sponsor him
4) IFBB pulls (or threatens to pull) MD's press passes (Note to Bob: Which IFBB rule did MD break to lose its Press Passes?)
5) MD and IFBB make a secret deal to save MD's ability to cover contests while blackballing Lee
6) MD encourages Lee to re-join the IFBB and renounce PDI
7) Lee honors his commitments to the PDI
8) MD drops Lee
9) Lee serves out his 12-month suspension.
10) The PDI bites the dust and with all the marbles in their pocket, the IFBB tells Lee to piss off.

This is closer to the truth:

1) Lee is making great money with the IFBB and has big money endorsements as one of the most popular pro's
2) He decides to compete in a rival federation, risking everything he has, despite knowing he will be suspended...why God knows
3) Instead of simply moving on quietly and supporting his new venture, he has to MF everyone and anyone in the IFBB
4) Lee manages to secure a deal with MD, but then manages to MF Blechman himself, who in turn let's him go
5) Lee's sponsoring company letes him go as well, as he is useless to him without having presence in the IFBB
6) PDI isn't looking too good, Lee is offered a deal to get back in the IFBB
7) Lee rejects deal offered
8) Suspension is upheld to it's original 12 months
9) PDI folds tent
10) IFBB votes to NOT let him back
11) Lee, does EXACTLY the opposite of advice he's given, and shows his true colors once again...making the decision justified.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #251 on: October 09, 2007, 11:00:09 PM »
Yeah, whatever did happen to that "Lee Priest Foundation"?  I remember Lee hyping it a lot way back but haven't heard anything about it since...
IT WENT FOR YOUR INFORMATION TO ANIMNAL SHELTERS..THE IFBB PROS DIDNT WANT TO HELP THEMSELVES SO WHY SHOULD I.....BOB NO ONE WANTS YOU AS REP...THEY SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR AROUND THEM THEN BAD MOUTH YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK..AND YOU KNOW IT..SO STOP THIS STUPID ATHLETE REPS CRAP....JUST CARRY NEW TITLE IFBB SPOKESPERSON FITS YOU BETTER AND IS MORE TRUE...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: October 09, 2007, 11:02:14 PM »
STEVE OWNS MAG.......WHAT DOES IFBB GIVE HIM THAT HE DOSENT HAVE OR COULD NOT GET...WHY DOES STEVE NEED IFBB???? BOB... FREEDOPM OF SPEECH AND THE PRESS I THOUGHT ..I GUESS NOT IN IFBB.......WHICH HE NEVER WAS BEFORE...BUT SOMEHOW THEY PULLED HIM IN......TO BAD IT WAS BETTER BEFORE....IFBB NEEDS MAGS FOR PUBLICITY.....STEVE WOULD HAVE READERS WITHOUT IFBB..COMPANIES WOULD ADVERTISE WITHOUT IFBB....THEY COULD BUY TICKETS TO SHOWS ...TAKE PICS LIKE ANYONE ELSE INTERVIEW PROS ..TALK TO FANS...SO TELL ME WHAT DOES HE GET FOR FOLLOWING THIER RULES????  JUSY AND HONEST QUESTION THATS ALL

These are questions you need to address to Blechman, not me....he's the one who fired you despite all you've said.....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: October 09, 2007, 11:05:04 PM »
IT WENT FOR YOUR INFORMATION TO ANIMNAL SHELTERS..THE IFBB PROS DIDNT WANT TO HELP THEMSELVES SO WHY SHOULD I.....BOB NO ONE WANTS YOU AS REP...THEY SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR AROUND THEM THEN BAD MOUTH YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK..AND YOU KNOW IT..SO STOP THIS STUPID ATHLETE REPS CRAP....JUST CARRY NEW TITLE IFBB SPOKESPERSON FITS YOU BETTER AND IS MORE TRUE...

What do they badmouth, Lee? More money? Better conditions? Health coverage? increased per diem? Rules ammended/ changed to benefit athletes? If they think anyone else could do a better job...by all means, someone step up to the plate..

thisiskeith12

« Reply #254 on: October 09, 2007, 11:05:50 PM »
This sounds like a show for Pro Bodybuilding Weekly! :D

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #255 on: October 09, 2007, 11:09:49 PM »

1) Lee is making great money with the IFBB and has big money endorsements as one of the most popular pro's   YES THAT IS TRUE
2) He decides to compete in a rival federation, risking everything he has, despite knowing he will be suspended...why God knows ..CAUSE IT IS RIGHT..AND YOU KNOW IT..WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE MONEY WHEN AND WHERE WE CAN...ESPECIALLY THE GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN COMPETING OVER 5 YEARS AND NEVER MADE A DOLLAR FROM IFBB..WHO DOES IT HURT...NO ONE...COMPETITION EXSIST IN ALL WALKS OF LIFE ..JUST NOT BODYBUILDING ...YEAH OK
3) Instead of simply moving on quietly and supporting his new venture, he has to MF everyone and anyone in the IFBB..WRONG I JUST ANSWERED QUESTIONS WHEN ASKED SIMPLE....ON IN IFBB IS SAYING WHAT IS RIGHT ...WRONG
4) Lee manages to secure a deal with MD, but then manages to MF Blechman himself, who in turn let's him go...OH STEVE WHO PUSHED FOR ME TO GO TO PDI...WHO LOVED ME BEING THAT REBEL..WHO SAID NEVER CHANGE...PEOPLE LOVE IT...AND WOULD GIVE ME INFO TO PUT ONLINE.....ONLY AFTER IFBB HAS WORD TO STEVE DID HE LET ME GO...
5) Lee's sponsoring company letes him go as well, as he is useless to him without having presence in the IFBB...WRONG I WAS BEING LET GO BEFORE I WENT TO PDI...SINCE TONY ROBBINS TOOK OVER TWINLAB...THEY WERE GOING IN NEW DIRECTION.....I SEE LOTS OF COMPANIES WITH ATHLETES WHO DONT COMPETE...LIKE YOU ...SHAWN.....AND OTHERS..AND HATE TO SAY I HAVE MORE FANS THEN BOTH...SO I WOULD BE MORE TO A COMPANY THEN YOU TWO....NOT ALL COMPANIES HAVE IFBB PRO AN DO WELL........SUDDENLY I LEAVE IFBB AND I AM NO LONGER LEE PRIEST...YEAH OK...WE WILL NOT EVEN GO INTO THE COMPANIES THAT WER TOLD OR SHOULD I SAY THREATENEDNOT TO SPONSOR ME FROM IFBB.....SAVE THAT FOR LATER TIME...LIKE THE COMPANIES THAT WENT TO SPONOSR PDI....
6) PDI isn't looking too good, Lee is offered a deal to get back in the IFBB...NOT IT WAS LOOKING GOOD AND I HAVE THING TO DO IN ENGLAND AS STATED BEFORE...SO I SAID NO THANKS YOU AND TOOK 12 MONTHS...YOU SAID DONT COMPETE I DIDNT ..AS YOU SAID IT WILL HELP CASE...AND DONT TALK I DIDNT....DID I MISS ANYTHING I AM SURE I DID....
 Suspension is upheld to it's original 12 months....SEE ABOVE ANSWER
9) PDI folds tent
10) IFBB votes to NOT let him back.....UM YEAH  AND STILL NO LETTER ...DI OU SIT IN ON THAT VOTE???  MAYBE YOU CAN TELL US HOW IT WENT DOWN..OR WHATS THAT THERE WASNT ONE REALLY ..IT WAS ALREADY DECIDIED..
11) Lee, does EXACTLY the opposite of advice he's given, and shows his true colors once again...making the decision justified.....WHAT TRUE COLORS DEFENDING MYSELF...OH I FORGOT WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK.....TELL HITLER SORRY....AS LONG AS IFBB HAS RULES AND CODE OF CONDUCT AND THINGS GET BROKEN AND NOTHING DONE OF CASUE I WILL SAY SOMETHING..........

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #256 on: October 09, 2007, 11:12:23 PM »
What do they badmouth, Lee? More money? Better conditions? Health coverage? increased per diem? Rules ammended/ changed to benefit athletes? If they think anyone else could do a better job...by all means, someone step up to the plate..

YEAH IT HAS COME SO FAR...SURE LITTLE CHANGES BUT COME ON BOB YOU ARE ONLY KIDDING YOURSELF HERE.... WE WILL NOT EVEN GO THROUGH THEM ONE BY ONE

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: October 09, 2007, 11:14:36 PM »

1) Lee is making great money with the IFBB and has big money endorsements as one of the most popular pro's   YES THAT IS TRUE
2) He decides to compete in a rival federation, risking everything he has, despite knowing he will be suspended...why God knows ..CAUSE IT IS RIGHT..AND YOU KNOW IT..WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE MONEY WHEN AND WHERE WE CAN...ESPECIALLY THE GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN COMPETING OVER 5 YEARS AND NEVER MADE A DOLLAR FROM IFBB..WHO DOES IT HURT...NO ONE...COMPETITION EXSIST IN ALL WALKS OF LIFE ..JUST NOT BODYBUILDING ...YEAH OK
3) Instead of simply moving on quietly and supporting his new venture, he has to MF everyone and anyone in the IFBB..WRONG I JUST ANSWERED QUESTIONS WHEN ASKED SIMPLE....ON IN IFBB IS SAYING WHAT IS RIGHT ...WRONG
4) Lee manages to secure a deal with MD, but then manages to MF Blechman himself, who in turn let's him go...OH STEVE WHO PUSHED FOR ME TO GO TO PDI...WHO LOVED ME BEING THAT REBEL..WHO SAID NEVER CHANGE...PEOPLE LOVE IT...AND WOULD GIVE ME INFO TO PUT ONLINE.....ONLY AFTER IFBB HAS WORD TO STEVE DID HE LET ME GO...
5) Lee's sponsoring company letes him go as well, as he is useless to him without having presence in the IFBB...WRONG I WAS BEING LET GO BEFORE I WENT TO PDI...SINCE TONY ROBBINS TOOK OVER TWINLAB...THEY WERE GOING IN NEW DIRECTION.....I SEE LOTS OF COMPANIES WITH ATHLETES WHO DONT COMPETE...LIKE YOU ...SHAWN.....AND OTHERS..AND HATE TO SAY I HAVE MORE FANS THEN BOTH...SO I WOULD BE MORE TO A COMPANY THEN YOU TWO....NOT ALL COMPANIES HAVE IFBB PRO AN DO WELL........SUDDENLY I LEAVE IFBB AND I AM NO LONGER LEE PRIEST...YEAH OK...
6) PDI isn't looking too good, Lee is offered a deal to get back in the IFBB...NOT IT WAS LOOKING GOOD AND I HAVE THING TO DO IN ENGLAND AS STATED BEFORE...SO I SAID NO THANKS YOU AND TOOK 12 MONTHS...YOU SAID DONT COMPETE I DIDNT ..AS YOU SAID IT WILL HELP CASE...AND DONT TALK I DIDNT....DID I MISS ANYTHING I AM SURE I DID....
 Suspension is upheld to it's original 12 months....SEE ABOVE ANSWER
9) PDI folds tent
10) IFBB votes to NOT let him back.....UM YEAH  AND STILL NO LETTER
11) Lee, does EXACTLY the opposite of advice he's given, and shows his true colors once again...making the decision justified.....WHAT TRUE COLORS DEFENDING MYSELF...OH I FORGOT WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK.....TELL HITLER SORRY....AS LONG AS IFBB HAS RULES AND CODE OF CONDUCT AND THINGS GET BROKEN AND NOTHING DONE OF CASUE I WILL SAY SOMETHING..........

You do that...and you'll continue to receive the same answer from the IFBB. You're only hurting yourself...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: October 09, 2007, 11:17:03 PM »
YEAH IT HAS COME SO FAR...SURE LITTLE CHANGES BUT COME ON BOB YOU ARE ONLY KIDDING YOURSELF HERE.... WE WILL NOT EVEN GO THROUGH THEM ONE BY ONE

Fine...so what are all these grand changes you think we should be getting that we aren't?

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #259 on: October 09, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »
Fine...so what are all these grand changes you think we should be getting that we aren't?

YOU WORK IT OUT BOB...I AM NOT A PRO SO IT DOSENT AFFECT ME.....ASK YOUR ATHLETES THAT SUPPORT YOU SO MUCH

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: October 09, 2007, 11:20:18 PM »
YOU WORK IT OUT BOB...I AM NOT A PRO SO IT DOSENT AFFECT ME.....ASK YOUR ATHLETES THAT SUPPORT YOU SO MUCH

exactly the response I expected...

You're right, none of this affects you...so why bother?

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #261 on: October 09, 2007, 11:21:33 PM »
You do that...and you'll continue to receive the same answer from the IFBB. You're only hurting yourself...

BY WHAT SPEAKING OUT ON IT...WHY IS THAT....THEY ASHAMED ABOUT IT...WELL TELL THEM CLEAN IT UP.....OR RE DO THE RULES AND FOLLOW THEM...WHAT IS THE PROBLEM....BOB I AM NOT IFBB PRO....I CA NSAY WHAT I WANT...I AM OUT REMEMBER..I WAS GIVEN LETTER OF PROBATION TO BE GOOD OR ANYTHING.....IF I WAS THEN MAYBE I WOULD BE QUIET.......BUT WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE....WHAT CAN YOU DO TO ME.....??? REALLY COME ON

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #262 on: October 09, 2007, 11:23:04 PM »
exactly the response I expected...

You're right, none of this affects you...so why bother?

WOW YOU ARE WONDERFUL YOU CAN SEE THE FUTURE AND MY ANSWERS WOW....THEN WHY ASK A QUESTION..I BET YOU KNEW WHO WON THE O  AS WELL :)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: October 09, 2007, 11:31:48 PM »
BY WHAT SPEAKING OUT ON IT...WHY IS THAT....THEY ASHAMED ABOUT IT...WELL TELL THEM CLEAN IT UP.....OR RE DO THE RULES AND FOLLOW THEM...WHAT IS THE PROBLEM....BOB I AM NOT IFBB PRO....I CA NSAY WHAT I WANT...I AM OUT REMEMBER..I WAS GIVEN LETTER OF PROBATION TO BE GOOD OR ANYTHING.....IF I WAS THEN MAYBE I WOULD BE QUIET.......BUT WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE....WHAT CAN YOU DO TO ME.....??? REALLY COME ON

You've had everything to lose...and continue to do so. Is it worth it, Lee? You tried to campaign for all these pro's to follow you and your vision of competing wherever you want, and there was no response. You wanted to be the rebel for Blechman, and you were shown the door....

I've said this to you before....instead of competing against the best in the world where you belong, and being a part of whats going on, and making a great living BBing, you choose to fight this fight...for what? Look around you Lee....no one cares...Arnolds come and go, another season pases without Lee, Olympia comes and goes...attendance is up, prize money is up....and you're floundering around for no good reason and with no direction.....

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #264 on: October 09, 2007, 11:40:47 PM »
I don't care what anyone says, you're still super Lee.

;D

Elevate Your Image.™

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #265 on: October 10, 2007, 01:22:33 AM »
Chick,

No disrespect Bob, but there are some very simple changes that you could make (that wouldn't cost anything) that would greatly better the way the pros interact with the IFBB:

1-The Athletes Rep position should be up for a SECRET ballot once a year and all active pros (dues paid) should be REQUIRED to vote (Not sending out a letter requesting support because that way the IFBB can veto/scupper that process by simply letting it be known through the grapevine who they will and won't accept and no one can run for the position without going public and risking being blackballed. Any active or former IFBB pro should be acceptable as a ballot name; they should not have to publicly announce their candidature... that way the athletes can vote and run without the threat of repercussions.)

2-There should be a second position available: and ANONYMOUS Athletes Rep: someone who is also voted in by the compulsory secret ballot. This persons identity should never be revealed to the IFBB (and maybe not even to the pros or Official Athletes Rep) but they should be able to put forward proposals to be voted on by the pros in a public forum (such as the internet). This way sensitive subjects could be discussed and the athletes would have the option of voting for and implementing a new rule or mandate (one which may run contrary to the interests of the IFBB and promoters) without the IFBB Official Rep being implicated.

3-Athletes Meetings should be held before each event and be compulsory for any and all athletes competing in an event and open to any and all former competitors/pros. That way all competing pros would have the opportunity to discuss their grievances in an open forum with the Official Athletes Rep... but the meeting should continue for half an hour after the Official Athletes Rep LEAVES THE ROOM. That way the athletes can speak among themselves knowing that someone in the room is the Anonymous Rep (although not knowing who) and be confident that someone who can raise the issues they are afraid to raise is listening.

4-the IFBB pros subs should be divided evenly between the Official and Anonymous Reps, providing them with some semblance of recompense for their efforts.

5-Any IFBB Official or Judge should be open to censure/removal by a SECRET BALLOT vote of no-confidence by the athletes themselves. (Perhaps requiring a 51% majority decision among active sub-paying pros)

6-Any censure/suspension/ban imposed by the IFBB on an athlete should be open to be overturned by a SECRET BALLOT majority vote of the athletes. (Perhaps a 75% vote)

7-Any active athlete should be open to censure/suspension/ban by a SECRET BALLOT majority vote of the athletes. (Definitely a 75% majority requirement)

8-Any Athlete Rep (Official or Anonymous) should be open to recall... requiring a 75% majority decision.

...if these simple procedures were implemented the playing field would be leveled between the IFBB hierarchy and the competing athletes.

The Luke

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #266 on: October 10, 2007, 02:25:18 AM »
Judging by this thread, it is pretty obvious Lee, Shawn and Chic like to use this forum to attack each other.  The major difference is Shawn and Chic like to join forces and attack those who are vulnerable at the moment (IE: Lee Priest),  And then their is Lee, who can sniff injustice a mile away and will attack even if their is no chances of winning (hence, the reason he is so admired by others).  Lee represents the underdog, while Shawn and Chic represent the yes men, the type who would suck up anybodies arse to get in a position of power.  What Shawn and Chic are trying to say is, "Lee, we would also love to speak out, as we too can see the wrongs within the IFBB, but unfortunately we are very scared and afraid and don't have your guts, so because we can never be strong like you, we hate you, so Piss off Lee, Oh, and please go quietly as we don't want anybody to know what big pussies we are"
V

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2007, 03:42:40 AM »
You've had everything to lose...and continue to do so. Is it worth it, Lee? You tried to campaign for all these pro's to follow you and your vision of competing wherever you want, and there was no response. You wanted to be the rebel for Blechman, and you were shown the door....

I've said this to you before....instead of competing against the best in the world where you belong, and being a part of whats going on, and making a great living BBing, you choose to fight this fight...for what? Look around you Lee....no one cares...Arnolds come and go, another season pases without Lee, Olympia comes and goes...attendance is up, prize money is up....and you're floundering around for no good reason and with no direction.....

Yes Lee is hurting.

Watching this former Pro's life spinning out of control is both sad and humorous.

Lee is feeling isolated and frustrated.  He has lost his power base and sense of purpose in life. Getbig is now Lee's only outlet. 

What a tragedy for this 5 foot 4 rebel.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #268 on: October 10, 2007, 03:51:05 AM »

Yes Lee is hurting.

Watching this former Pro's life spinning out of control is both sad and humorous.

Lee is feeling isolated and frustrated.  He has lost his power base and sense of purpose in life. Getbig is now Lee's only outlet. 

What a tragedy for this 5 foot 4 rebel.
Getbig and Lee Priest seem to be your only outlet and you have to hide behind your made up name on here. Cmon let us all know who you are OR ARE YOU THE LITTLE MAN OUT OF THE 2 OF YOU?!

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #269 on: October 10, 2007, 04:01:46 AM »
Lee will never walk on a stage again... Lee will always be short...Lee will always dabble in steroids...blah, blah, blah.

My point is, Lee has never come to terms with his lack of height.  He has used chemicals and a 'bad attitude' to mask his insecurities.

Lee is still a child.  The drugs have never aloud him to reach 'full psychological maturity'. They have simply enabled Lee to live in an unreality.  Unfortunately, he now has to confront the misery that is his future!

God bless.

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2007, 04:04:44 AM »
Lee will never walk on a stage again... Lee will always be short...Lee will always dabble in steroids...blah, blah, blah.

My point is, Lee has never come to terms with his lack of height.  He has used chemicals and a 'bad attitude' to mask his insecurities.

Lee is still a child.  The drugs have never aloud him to reach 'full psychological maturity'. They have simply enabled Lee to live in an unreality.  Unfortunately, he now has to confront the misery that is his future!

God bless.
For a Religious Dude you sure are nasty to this fellow human being. May Your God Forgive You - PEACE

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Lee Preist's last shot
« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2007, 04:05:45 AM »
make this thread a sticky

totally...

signed!

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #272 on: October 10, 2007, 04:14:55 AM »

hammerhead

• Getbig I
« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2007, 04:51:39 AM »
when will someone get round to spelling Lee's name correctly in the subject heading?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2007, 05:15:34 AM »
when will someone get round to spelling Lee's name correctly in the subject heading?

Haha i didn't even notice that. Close enough :D
No doubt about it...