Author Topic: Shawn! 2008 Colorado Pro? Any idea yet?  (Read 15676 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Shawn! 2008 Colorado Pro? Any idea yet?
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2007, 09:53:38 PM »
Not quite sure why people are on Shawn's ass on the Colo pro....whether it goes on or not isn't in his hands. It's a corp decision which will be made by the owners of Vyotech, which will consider all factors before making a decision. They have to be able to justify the expense and whether or not it's a viable option....

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2007, 09:59:43 PM »
Not quite sure why people are on Shawn's ass on the Colo pro....whether it goes on or not isn't in his hands. It's a corp decision which will be made by the owners of Vyotech, which will consider all factors before making a decision. They have to be able to justify the expense and whether or not it's a viable option....

People want to see those words typed in a Sean Rey post. It's vindication....
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2007, 10:00:58 PM »
Vindication of WHAT exactly?

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2007, 10:02:56 PM »

They won't have anything to talk about.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2007, 10:07:01 PM »
  they personalize a business loss

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2007, 10:11:27 PM »
  they personalize a business loss

If it does come to be that the Colo Pro doesn't go on...it's not a business loss for Shawn, he did a fine job of promoting the competiion and putting out a show that was well done...there are other factors that are out of his control (or any promoters control) that dictate whether or not a show is a viable business move...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2007, 10:17:59 PM »
If it does come to be that the Colo Pro doesn't go on...it's not a business loss for Shawn, he did a fine job of promoting the competiion and putting out a show that was well done...there are other factors that are out of his control (or any promoters control) that dictate whether or not a show is a viable business move...
no matter how it happens  some in the peanut gallery will seize upon it as a personal failing and let him have it.  that's all i'm saying.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2007, 10:28:22 PM »

Shawn Ray gloated over 'onlyme'.

He made fun of onlyme's show failing.  He bragged about his Colo Pro.

He even posted suicide gif's and told onlyme to take a trip, etc.

That's mean.  People want to see Shawn fail.  Now that he has failed, people are happy.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2007, 12:11:20 PM »
Shawn Ray gloated over 'onlyme'.

He made fun of onlyme's show failing.  He bragged about his Colo Pro.

Exactly!

This is a perfect comeuppance for Shawn...  karma is indeed a bitch!  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Hey Shawn, 2008 Colorado Pro?
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2007, 03:20:46 PM »
did you get paid 50 dollars for posting that?
;D LOL, It does look like I am a paid pundit for Shawn Ray, but, trust me, I am just a guy that really likes the Colorado Pro show as an event and enjoy going to it.
Don't get me wrong, I think that the ASC and the Olympia are great events. However, you hear soooooooo much about the Olympia, it starts to get old.
I enjoy seeing a good lineup of up new guys that may not be featured at the Olympia.Plus, the figure line up and NPC show was excellent and the Denver Wells Fargo Theatre is fantastic.

I am still waiting for the 2008 info when it is available.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2007, 03:49:31 PM »

People don't realize what it takes to put up a show. It isn't as easy at people think.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2007, 04:19:48 PM »
I am still waiting for the 2008 info when it is available.

Didn't Shawn imply that there would be an announcement concerning the show on PBW the other night?

Did that happen?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2007, 04:34:25 PM »
Didn't Shawn imply that there would be an announcement concerning the show on PBW the other night?

Did that happen?

Conveniently, there was no PBW scheduled this week!  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2007, 04:49:36 PM »
People don't realize what it takes to put up a show. It isn't as easy at people think.
That's why people want to see Sean Rey fail and admit it. He ragged on onlyme and boosted his own ego(not really a Christian thing is it?), so people want to let him know how hypocritical he is.

Besides nobody really likes Sean anyways. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2007, 05:04:01 PM »
That's why people want to see Sean Rey fail and admit it. He ragged on onlyme and boosted his own ego(not really a Christian thing is it?), so people want to let him know how hypocritical he is.

Besides nobody really likes Sean anyways. :)
Schadenfreude

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2007, 05:20:01 PM »
Schadenfreude
:-*

and yes, I looked it up. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »
Schadenfreude

They should rename it "Shawn-freud" for accuracy.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2007, 06:25:45 PM »
The Colorado Pro show, both years, were very good shows. The problem is that the title sponsor Vyotech, pulled out of the 2007 Olympia earlier, and has not committed to too many shows for next year, except for a few. Vyotech products are still moving, and really have not slowed down much. The problem was that they spent a lot of money on advertising the Goat Whey product, which was delayed.

So they may not sponsor the Colorado Pro, which can be upwards for $50-80K, but perhaps sponsor a number of other shows, which is there strategy.  So there is a good chance that the Colorado Pro show, which had its run for 2 years, just won't happen.

As for Shawn, like it or not, he pushed hard to bring a quality show to Denver, Colorado. Right in the heart of downtown. And he used a great promoter and good guy, Jeff Taylor (the NPC Chairman of Colorado) to work with him. Among other people. It was well run, and fun.

As for Keith, you of all people know how hard it is to run a good show and expo. You should me commending Shawn for at least pushing hard for two years to make it a quality event.  Shawn is a 13 time Olympian top 5 competitor. That is a great streak.

You, also had a great career and run until your spider bite. So now, leaving in Vegas, you have no more excuses to get in shape. You told me you would. It would be the greatest story for the boards! But then again, I know how hard it is to motivate yourself sometimes, as we all have that problem.

I am sad to hear that news about the title sponser of the Col Pro. It really bummed me out when the GNC ended after 2 great shows here in Atlanta. I hope it goes however, and will be there if it does.
Howard

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2007, 06:30:35 PM »
     Ron I agree with your comments   and am shocked people would criticize Shawn on promoting a BRAND NEW show!  It's obviouse some of these guys on here never ever,  ever,ever,ever competed or dared to promote (even Co-Promote) a show . I respect Shawn as apromoter and one of the greatest bb'rs EVER!  I also congradulate you RON for a well ran chatline  that MAY need to be cleaned out a bit.   PS  Keep up the good work!!

I agree, what does any fan of this sport gain, if a pro event goes bust???!!!
I have not gone to recent Olympias as it is in the middle of the fall semester and is at bad time for me as a teacher.
granted I didn't go, but,I would be bummed out big time if the Olympia ever got the ax.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2007, 06:32:20 PM »
Lift PMed me last year telling me how right I was about Sean.  He was there to help Jeff Taylor.  I feel bad for Jeff.  I met him at the Olympia and he is a great guy.  Sorry he got mixed up with Sean though.  I hope nothing bad happened to him.  Weird how karma works.  I better watch out. ;D

Keith, why do wish ill for Shawn's show??? What do YOU gain if it is not a success? seriously ???

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2007, 06:42:45 PM »

EXACTLY! Other than being able to feel free to rag on Shawn, and acting like idiots, what do the fans get if the Col pro show fails? NOTHING, in fact we all lose when a pro event fails to make it for sponsers pulling out due to financial reasons.

Look, I love bodybuilding and want to sport to be a success for the top pros involved in it...nuff said ::)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2007, 06:45:56 PM »
EXACTLY! Other than being able to feel free to rag on Shawn, and acting like idiots, what do the fans get if the Col pro show fails? NOTHING, in fact we all lose when a pro event fails to make it for sponsers pulling out due to financial reasons.

Look, I love bodybuilding and want to sport to be a success for the top pros involved in it...nuff said ::)
It is too bad about the show, BUT since the show is failing.....we would like the opportunity to rag the shit out of the ever arrogant Sean Rey.

We get nothing out of the show failing except to fuck with Sean, maybe if it was someone different promoting the show and it failed, people wouldn't be reacting like this, but it is Sean rey and it is what it is.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2007, 06:50:48 PM »

ya ya    :)  that's german too!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2007, 07:26:11 PM »

I like Shawn, but this one definitely qualifies for *instant classic* status.

Well done.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2007, 08:26:33 PM »
HowieW people are going to think you are Shawn because you enjoyed the show ::) They will call you a guy just like they did with me. These tools act like Shawn did something bad to them offline.