Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 23, 2014, 02:47:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big thanks from Honour!  (Read 1838 times)
Honour
Getbig IV

She's with me!

« on: October 08, 2007, 04:31:45 AM »

Hey guys, Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for all the help that they have given me over the last 5 months in regard to training/nutrition/motivation and all other aspects of Bodybuilding.

This is where I was at 5 months ago. I thought I was doing pretty well and felt really solid and cut Roll Eyes (one may say delusional Grin) but was just looking to get involved in the GetBig site as there were questions that I had but had no-one to ask about.

From there I started to take on board some training and bulking advice to see if I could add some extra muscle over Winter (Australia). The results were quite good and my strength and size seemed to go up quite a bit.

2 months ago I began to diet for the MrGetBig contest for some fun. It was the first time I had ever dieted for anything so I had no real clue what I was doing. But by reading and asking some questions, specifically in the nutrition and Nattie forums, I was able to get into what I think is my best shape ever.
(Side note: I didn't show my face in the comp as I work for one of the largest company's in Australia in middle management and if anyone from there found out how much time I spend browsing these forums at work I would be fired for sure Grin)

So to sum it up I have gone from the top Picture where I thought I was looking pretty good, to the bottom one which makes the top one look like crap lol Grin.

Anyway just wanted to give a shout out to people like JROD, AVBG, CQ, Wicked and everyone else that helped me with answers to questions that I may have had, it was and is always very much appreciated Smiley.

On a side note even though quite a few people are putting me in first place, I expect to be marked way down in the MrGetBig contest as I think like in most Pro comps they will most likely reward Mass over shape and cuts, kind of an age old thing in BBing circles so i have no hard feelings towards the Judges Grin. After all when I first signed up i was expecting to place 20th Grin.I do agree that my legs need extra size but i did the best that I could in the last 5 months and give full props to the others for building quality muscle and getting there pics in Smiley, as many did not.
I am however taking all this onboard and will endeavor to bring up my weaker bodyparts (I am now renting a room inside the squat rack at my gym Grin) but still maintain a pleasing to the eye physique. I know I will never be a mass monster Grin but would hope that I can continue to build up to the point where i still have good shape, but also some added mass.

So once again thanks to RON and everyone at GetBig for helping me to get where I am. I know I have a long way to go but it's been a good 5 months so far Cool.

So this may well be the gayest post I have made so far but I was a bit board tonight so thought wtf, Grin ya never know it may help motivate someone else lol Grin.

Report to moderator   Logged
littleguns
Getbig IV

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 07:28:38 AM »

Good Luck, you are my choice to win!

You look awesome.
The True Adonis
Getbig V

"We Will Correct All This."

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 07:49:03 AM »

Hey there Honour!

What were your total calories before and after? Also, how much did you weigh before and then after?

E
flexingtonsteele
Competitors II
Getbig V

The new age pussy Punisher!

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 12:23:46 PM »

I have you in first bro. Good luck~~
Bobby
Getbig V

is da lordes plan

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 12:27:43 PM »

Great results and that was your first diet?! you really suck Wink

2nd pic is very impressive!!

tank u jesus
AVBG
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 12:40:31 PM »

You're right Honour... It was one of your most gayest posts Grin

You've done extremely well with your presentation and made the judging harder!  - you bastard!

The way you have conducted yourself to date and your condition will no doubt be a catalyst to inspire others.

Thanks for the shout-out.. Cool
G.R.H.
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 08:00:34 PM »

nice pic bro, but yu look like a young fabio! cut that hair young man!  Grin
jrod
Getbig III

Getbig!

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 08:41:10 PM »

Good job, Honour!!! and Congratulations.  Wow, thats great, especially considering it was your first time dieting.  I bet this wont be the last... Wink

On a side note, I think its great that you get paid while you post!
Honour
Getbig IV

She's with me!

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 09:30:07 PM »

Hey thanks guys, yeah I was truly shocked that I won Shocked. I'm actually over the moon about it as I was expecting around 3-4th at best. I really think it is all about diet, I have tried my best to keep eating clean etc and not stray too much. I just try to have about 25-30 grams of Protein every 3 hours and for me it just seems to work well Smiley. My real test will be keeping it up over the next year and see how I go. They say everyone starts to Plato at some stage but I'm not there yet, so I'll cross that when I come to it and come ask the main man JROD for more help Grin.

Thanks again guys Smiley

nice pic bro, but yu look like a young fabio! cut that hair young man!  Grin

"Yez I zam Zi most Beautiful man in zi world"

There ya go Grin Grin Grin
flexingtonsteele
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 02:45:58 AM »

honour whats your weight in the mr.getbig pics?
Honour
Getbig IV

She's with me!

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 04:43:29 PM »

honour whats your weight in the mr.getbig pics?

It was 80 kg a few days out but that is the last time I weighed myself, people keep thinking that I must be much lighter than that but that is for real my weight. I may have dropped a tiny bit more in the last few days but not by that much. I think that in the pics it's my legs that really make me look small, if my wheels were bigger people would think that I was 90kg or something Wink.
flexingtonsteele
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 06:56:29 PM »

It was 80 kg a few days out but that is the last time I weighed myself, people keep thinking that I must be much lighter than that but that is for real my weight. I may have dropped a tiny bit more in the last few days but not by that much. I think that in the pics it's my legs that really make me look small, if my wheels were bigger people would think that I was 90kg or something Wink.

You must be about 5'9 or so then?Huh?

Again congrats bro, you looked great, and deserved to win.
Honour
Getbig IV

She's with me!

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 08:26:51 PM »

Yeah spot on mate , a good 5'9. I'm not huge or anything but my back and chest have a bit of meat on them. I think it's mainly due to that fact that I have been doing mostly the bigger compound excersise's like people have suggested. I'll give it 6 months or so then re-evaluate where I am at, all takes time I guess Cool

Oh btw thanks mate Smiley, I know a lot of guys here could have beaten me, but as they say you have to be in it to win it Wink.
flexingtonsteele
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 11:19:02 PM »

Bro your upper body is very good, just get those wheels worked on and your well on your way.

But now since your mr.getbig you have a year of bragging rights, so who cares what anyone else says Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!