Author Topic: Big thanks from Honour!  (Read 4740 times)

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
Big thanks from Honour!
« on: October 08, 2007, 04:31:45 AM »
Hey guys, Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for all the help that they have given me over the last 5 months in regard to training/nutrition/motivation and all other aspects of Bodybuilding.

This is where I was at 5 months ago. I thought I was doing pretty well and felt really solid and cut ::) (one may say delusional ;D) but was just looking to get involved in the GetBig site as there were questions that I had but had no-one to ask about.

From there I started to take on board some training and bulking advice to see if I could add some extra muscle over Winter (Australia). The results were quite good and my strength and size seemed to go up quite a bit.

2 months ago I began to diet for the MrGetBig contest for some fun. It was the first time I had ever dieted for anything so I had no real clue what I was doing. But by reading and asking some questions, specifically in the nutrition and Nattie forums, I was able to get into what I think is my best shape ever.
(Side note: I didn't show my face in the comp as I work for one of the largest company's in Australia in middle management and if anyone from there found out how much time I spend browsing these forums at work I would be fired for sure ;D)

So to sum it up I have gone from the top Picture where I thought I was looking pretty good, to the bottom one which makes the top one look like crap lol ;D.

Anyway just wanted to give a shout out to people like JROD, AVBG, CQ, Wicked and everyone else that helped me with answers to questions that I may have had, it was and is always very much appreciated :).

On a side note even though quite a few people are putting me in first place, I expect to be marked way down in the MrGetBig contest as I think like in most Pro comps they will most likely reward Mass over shape and cuts, kind of an age old thing in BBing circles so i have no hard feelings towards the Judges ;D. After all when I first signed up i was expecting to place 20th ;D.I do agree that my legs need extra size but i did the best that I could in the last 5 months and give full props to the others for building quality muscle and getting there pics in :), as many did not.
I am however taking all this onboard and will endeavor to bring up my weaker bodyparts (I am now renting a room inside the squat rack at my gym ;D) but still maintain a pleasing to the eye physique. I know I will never be a mass monster ;D but would hope that I can continue to build up to the point where i still have good shape, but also some added mass.

So once again thanks to RON and everyone at GetBig for helping me to get where I am. I know I have a long way to go but it's been a good 5 months so far 8).

So this may well be the gayest post I have made so far but I was a bit board tonight so thought wtf, ;D ya never know it may help motivate someone else lol ;D.

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: Big thanks from Honour!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 07:28:38 AM »
Good Luck, you are my choice to win!

You look awesome.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 07:49:03 AM »
Hey there Honour!

What were your total calories before and after? Also, how much did you weigh before and then after?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 12:23:46 PM »
I have you in first bro. Good luck~~

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 12:27:43 PM »
Great results and that was your first diet?! you really suck ;)

2nd pic is very impressive!!
tank u jesus

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 12:40:31 PM »
You're right Honour... It was one of your most gayest posts ;D

You've done extremely well with your presentation and made the judging harder!  - you bastard!

The way you have conducted yourself to date and your condition will no doubt be a catalyst to inspire others.

Thanks for the shout-out.. 8)

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 08:00:34 PM »
nice pic bro, but yu look like a young fabio! cut that hair young man!  ;D

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 08:41:10 PM »
Good job, Honour!!! and Congratulations.  Wow, thats great, especially considering it was your first time dieting.  I bet this wont be the last... ;)

On a side note, I think its great that you get paid while you post!

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 09:30:07 PM »
Hey thanks guys, yeah I was truly shocked that I won :o. I'm actually over the moon about it as I was expecting around 3-4th at best. I really think it is all about diet, I have tried my best to keep eating clean etc and not stray too much. I just try to have about 25-30 grams of Protein every 3 hours and for me it just seems to work well :). My real test will be keeping it up over the next year and see how I go. They say everyone starts to Plato at some stage but I'm not there yet, so I'll cross that when I come to it and come ask the main man JROD for more help ;D.

Thanks again guys :)

nice pic bro, but yu look like a young fabio! cut that hair young man!  ;D

"Yez I zam Zi most Beautiful man in zi world"

There ya go ;D ;D ;D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 02:45:58 AM »
honour whats your weight in the mr.getbig pics?

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 04:43:29 PM »
honour whats your weight in the mr.getbig pics?

It was 80 kg a few days out but that is the last time I weighed myself, people keep thinking that I must be much lighter than that but that is for real my weight. I may have dropped a tiny bit more in the last few days but not by that much. I think that in the pics it's my legs that really make me look small, if my wheels were bigger people would think that I was 90kg or something ;).

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 06:56:29 PM »
It was 80 kg a few days out but that is the last time I weighed myself, people keep thinking that I must be much lighter than that but that is for real my weight. I may have dropped a tiny bit more in the last few days but not by that much. I think that in the pics it's my legs that really make me look small, if my wheels were bigger people would think that I was 90kg or something ;).

You must be about 5'9 or so then?????

Again congrats bro, you looked great, and deserved to win.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 08:26:51 PM »
Yeah spot on mate , a good 5'9. I'm not huge or anything but my back and chest have a bit of meat on them. I think it's mainly due to that fact that I have been doing mostly the bigger compound excersise's like people have suggested. I'll give it 6 months or so then re-evaluate where I am at, all takes time I guess 8)

Oh btw thanks mate :), I know a lot of guys here could have beaten me, but as they say you have to be in it to win it ;).

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 11:19:02 PM »
Bro your upper body is very good, just get those wheels worked on and your well on your way.

But now since your mr.getbig you have a year of bragging rights, so who cares what anyone else says :)