Author Topic: Anybody here deadlift 7 plates  (Read 33227 times)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Anybody here deadlift 7 plates
« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2012, 09:18:21 AM »
Do you mean no one on this site can pull 7 plates? is that what you mean cause if so you are wrong. I can  ;)

I think what he meant is that 99% of the guys who post on here are not anywhere near as BADASS as the chicks who post on here  :)
:)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: September 17, 2012, 09:19:56 AM »

I think what he meant is that 99% of the guys who post on here are not anywhere near as BADASS as the chicks who post on here  :)

You are definately one of the badass guys.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2012, 09:21:23 AM »

I think it helps when the women in question are 4 foot 10 and can tie their shoelaces standing up.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2012, 09:24:22 AM »
You are definately one of the badass guys.
are you implying that a naked Rip would easily pass for a well built dude with a small penis?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2012, 09:56:22 AM »
are you implying that a naked Rip would easily pass for a well built dude with a small penis?

Hahaha, what I'm saying sebastian is that lori is so manly, she is on the WWF's endangered species list due to the demand for one of her hairs being the cure for impotence and male pattern baldness!

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2012, 10:16:49 AM »
Hahaha, what I'm saying sebastian is that lori is so manly, she is on the WWF's endangered species list due to the demand for one of her hairs being the cure for impotence and male pattern baldness!

Yes...clearly!!   ::)

:)

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2012, 11:47:53 AM »
Have officially pulled 650 ... and was set to pull seven (hundred; not seven plates) this past January, but a minor injury to my right knee on my second squat attempt derailed that day's plan.

MUCH stronger now, so I figure, using current percentage performances in comparison to those right before my 650, I'd think around a 720.

As with most powerlifters, I don't max-out (only sub-maxes) in the gym.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2012, 12:03:37 PM »
Do you mean no one on this site can pull 7 plates? is that what you mean cause if so you are wrong. I can  ;)

Ok, out of EVERYONE that posts, maybe 2-3 can. My point is most people here dont train or train seriously and 7 plates is a shitload

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2012, 12:12:43 PM »
I worked up to 5 a side and was happy with that. 

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2012, 12:59:30 PM »
Ok, out of EVERYONE that posts, maybe 2-3 can. My point is most people here dont train or train seriously and 7 plates is a shitload

A 675-pound pull is beyond respectable.

I kinda figure anything over a five requires VERY SPECIFIC training to achieve ... or else the dude is on lots of gas and has a good pull, regardless. But drug-free? A very dedicated program towards maximizing strength and power.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2012, 02:48:47 PM »

I kinda figure anything over a five requires VERY SPECIFIC training to achieve ... or else the dude is on lots of gas and has a good pull, regardless. But drug-free? A very dedicated program towards maximizing strength and power.

I would tend to disagree. 500lbs is not all that good if you have been training teh deadlift specifically for a few years and are around 180lbs+ with decent leverage. It is still strong in my books but nothing to write home about

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: September 17, 2012, 04:15:41 PM »

haahha wtf are you on about... you epitomize the buffoonery that is "expert" athletic "knowledge" worldwide.  like virtually every other successful strongman, powerlifter, bodybuilder, or "guru," you spout a bunch of pseudo-scientific nonsense that stems from long-held prejudices, which have been reinforced as "truth" due to your achievements in the gym.

i reached 515 on deadlift after countless injuries, in a very shitty state, having trained instinctively for years -- and this means, FAR from traditional "strength training" methods.  i've followed a "program [dedicated] towards maximizing strength and power" for maybe two months in my life, and that was years ago.  in fact, i barely deadlifted at all for months or even years at a time.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2012, 04:18:23 PM »
agree

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2012, 04:40:32 PM »
5 plates and a 10 = 515lbs

no belt , but i do use straps, and i dont lift off the floor , i rack off the squat rack down to the floor then back on the rack , off the floor just feels way too stressful on my lower back

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: September 17, 2012, 05:08:39 PM »
haahha wtf are you on about... you epitomize the buffoonery that is "expert" athletic "knowledge" worldwide.  like virtually every other successful strongman, powerlifter, bodybuilder, or "guru," you spout a bunch of pseudo-scientific nonsense that stems from long-held prejudices, which have been reinforced as "truth" due to your achievements in the gym.

i reached 515 on deadlift after countless injuries, in a very shitty state, having trained instinctively for years -- and this means, FAR from traditional "strength training" methods.  i've followed a "program [dedicated] towards maximizing strength and power" for maybe two months in my life, and that was years ago.  in fact, i barely deadlifted at all for months or even years at a time.

Thanks for the update.

And good pull, too, by the way. Congrats.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: September 17, 2012, 07:18:27 PM »
Thanks for the update.

And good pull, too, by the way. Congrats.

your kind response has brought shame to me  >:(

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #266 on: September 18, 2012, 04:27:16 AM »
The hormones in her system is the stuff of legends. It is rumored that she once pissed at a party in a girl's mouth. You know that girl today as Triple H.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: September 18, 2012, 05:49:43 AM »
5 plates and a 10 = 515lbs

no belt , but i do use straps, and i dont lift off the floor , i rack off the squat rack down to the floor then back on the rack , off the floor just feels way too stressful on my lower back

I'm having a hard time picturing this?  So you rack of the squat rack to a full extension Of your back?  Then to the floor?  Then back to the rack?   Like a variation of partial reps?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #268 on: September 18, 2012, 06:08:47 AM »

I love this Girl.... :-*

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: September 18, 2012, 06:47:37 AM »
The hormones in her system is the stuff of legends. It is rumored that she once pissed at a party in a girl's mouth. You know that girl today as Triple H.

Hahahaha yes, 'she' is quite the monster sev

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #270 on: February 18, 2014, 10:37:12 AM »
i pulled 620 pounds fivr reps in the 1980,s .. did a godmorning with 400 at 240 bwt

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #271 on: February 18, 2014, 10:53:01 AM »
565 at 175 when i was a college student. my friend was doing 450 at 185 took steroids over the summer came back in fall and could do over 600 at 198. not complaining just saying[i ain't joe bidem} ::) ::) ::)
F

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #272 on: February 18, 2014, 10:56:02 AM »
5 plates and a quarter for 1 rep only, life time natty

i do use straps and no belt 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #273 on: February 18, 2014, 11:02:43 AM »
Crazy strong guys here. I wonder how many here are talking about their deadlift off the racks and not the floor?

I would like to know how many can take 225 off the floor and lift it over head?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #274 on: February 18, 2014, 11:10:14 AM »
i dont deadlift

it's the most pointless exercise
Why ?