Author Topic: Overcoming all odds to compete  (Read 103529 times)

roeperson

• Getbig II
Overcoming all odds to compete
« on: October 11, 2007, 08:39:37 AM »
. Check out these pics and link to this a slide show of Lisa Person. She started training for her first Figure Competition in March at a weight of 170lbs She decided to do it. To get healthy and get rid of all the Baby weight she was carrying from being on bed- rest for 3 months and on top of that having a C-section. After the 2nd baby Lisa was 190 lbs August of “06”
Lisa is now an astonishing 125lbs and has 10 more to lose for her show she went from just wanting to get on stage to becoming a serious contender. There have been a few Newspapers and publications that are talking to her about doing a story on her.
Lisa has been such an inspiration just because she has been through so much in the last 5 years. Lisa has a child that was born 4 months early this child has had over 25 surgeries and procedures almost died on Christmas day “01” to this day we still have nurses in our house for 16 hours a day. This is to ensure Kayla’s health and safety.
During this past 5 years Lisa would train but never consistently work out.
Last Feb Lisa put her foot down and decided if she wanted to lie long and have a productive life she was going to have to lose the weight. The only way she was going to be motivated is if she had to get onstage half naked in front of 1000 people so she decided to do a National qualifier the Gold’s Classic in NJ . As of now Lisa has 10 more lbs to lose and is training like no one I have ever scene train. She does 45 min am cardio goes back to the gym at 4:30 and lifts 188 reps in a row dumbbells at 80% of her max  full body she get 90 sec break back at it  for 2 more times then another 30-45min of cardio. This is a very strong woman so when I say at 80% an example is 35-40 dumbbells doing squatted shoulder presses for 18 reps. I’ve actually scene her do a drop set with 500lbs on the leg press of 40 reps she dropped to 2 plates crazy.
   I just hope you get a chance to check out her progress I believe you will enjoy.
because Lisa is truly an inspiration to many.  We just got news that she may be one of the next transformations of the week winners. And I wont mention any names but a major Nutrition company is interested in putting Lisa in some transformation adds Here is a link to a Youtube before and after slide show of Lisa.

Hey guys I just made this video for Youtube check it out Lisas Tranformation video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhIfySS0EE0

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Overcoming all odds to compete
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 03:25:12 PM »
looks fat

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 08:28:11 PM »
thats nice

call jerry lewis, maybe he can get ya spot on the telethon next year
X Board. Integrity is what we do

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 08:53:54 PM »
thats nice

call jerry lewis, maybe he can get ya spot on the telethon next year

<applause>

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 12:56:52 PM »
 :P

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 05:41:23 PM »
<applause>

God Bless you all no ill feelings here
you see she has the last laugh because she was just picked up by a major nutrition company
and has yet to step foot on stage
I wonder who picked you up
oh thats correct no one
If you have nothing positive to say look in the mirror and reavuate your life.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 09:12:21 AM »
. Check out these pics and link to this a slide show of Lisa Person. She started training for her first Figure Competition in March at a weight of 170lbs She decided to do it. To get healthy and get rid of all the Baby weight she was carrying from being on bed- rest for 3 months and on top of that having a C-section. After the 2nd baby Lisa was 190 lbs August of “06”
Lisa is now an astonishing 125lbs and has 10 more to lose for her show she went from just wanting to get on stage to becoming a serious contender. There have been a few Newspapers and publications that are talking to her about doing a story on her.
Lisa has been such an inspiration just because she has been through so much in the last 5 years. Lisa has a child that was born 4 months early this child has had over 25 surgeries and procedures almost died on Christmas day “01” to this day we still have nurses in our house for 16 hours a day. This is to ensure Kayla’s health and safety.
During this past 5 years Lisa would train but never consistently work out.
Last Feb Lisa put her foot down and decided if she wanted to lie long and have a productive life she was going to have to lose the weight. The only way she was going to be motivated is if she had to get onstage half naked in front of 1000 people so she decided to do a National qualifier the Gold’s Classic in NJ . As of now Lisa has 10 more lbs to lose and is training like no one I have ever scene train. She does 45 min am cardio goes back to the gym at 4:30 and lifts 188 reps in a row dumbbells at 80% of her max  full body she get 90 sec break back at it  for 2 more times then another 30-45min of cardio. This is a very strong woman so when I say at 80% an example is 35-40 dumbbells doing squatted shoulder presses for 18 reps. I’ve actually scene her do a drop set with 500lbs on the leg press of 40 reps she dropped to 2 plates crazy.
   I just hope you get a chance to check out her progress I believe you will enjoy.
because Lisa is truly an inspiration to many.  We just got news that she may be one of the next transformations of the week winners. And I wont mention any names but a major Nutrition company is interested in putting Lisa in some transformation adds Here is a link to a Youtube before and after slide show of Lisa.

Great job Lisa!  Rock that stage!!! 
:D Weee

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 09:44:10 AM »
I'd be willing to bet that black boyfriend of hers liked her better when she was obese. That's how they like em'

affy

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 09:49:47 AM »
I'd be willing to bet that black boyfriend of hers liked her better when she was obese. That's how they like em'
is that why your momma is 300lbs?

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 09:50:57 AM »
is that why your momma is 300lbs?

You make no sense.  "Affy"

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 11:03:14 AM »
Behave "X".  This should be a supportive thread.  She did a great job and should be commended.   >:(
:D Weee

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 12:14:57 PM »
The "guy" she is posing with in the first pic has one of the severest cases of PNS (Puffy Nipple Syndrome) I have ever seen. :o

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 02:15:47 PM »
That really is am amazing transformation. best of luck to her! :)

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 03:52:47 PM »
She's got a beautiful round ass and sexy full legs.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 06:18:31 PM »
Incredible, I hope she does well  :)

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 01:38:54 PM »
She looks fantastic.  Congrats!

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »
 :)Hey Lisa did it from 176 to 117 in 7 months Lisa made her first show and kicked but so proud of her.
Not only did she make it her first show she was picked up by a major Nutrition company to do a two page add in Oxygen, Fitness RX, O.K. and so on.
Lisa was a crowd Fav (as far as applause) at the show we were sure she had atleast top 5 and then the call outs for top five came and Lisa was left behind . It was a dissapointment but guess what you live and learn
here are pics from the show. I hope we can keep this forum positive.
Talk to ya all soon
Roe

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 07:34:57 PM »
Laura Lee would destroy you in competition Lisa..she is the REAL champion. Laura post those shots of you!

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 08:55:45 PM »
Laura Lee would destroy you in competition Lisa..she is the REAL champion. Laura post those shots of you!

Laura is Prob awesome Lisa was in her first show last week
Hey man all I can say isGod bless you
and have a great day
I would love to see Laura she is prob beautiful
Have a great day all
Roe

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 04:50:11 AM »
nice quads

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 03:35:24 PM »
thanks so much

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 11:17:19 PM »
You have a long way to go,,I dont know why your surprised you got left out of the top 5. You need to work on your diet.Those other girls look alot more in shape.

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 04:40:08 AM »
You have a long way to go,,I dont know why your surprised you got left out of the top 5. You need to work on your diet.Those other girls look alot more in shape.
Thanks so much Mr knight
I will take your critisism with what? oh yeah a grain of salt
Thanks again
And may the Force be with you a little Nerd.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 04:50:02 AM »
Congrats on an awesome transformation and a great first show!! 

:)
:)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2007, 04:59:15 AM »
thanks so much

Looking very good.

Get out of the fitness BS though.

Do bodybuilding or powerlifting instead. Bodybuilding needs women instead of the current crop of she-beasts that populates it.

As empty as paradise