Author Topic: Overcoming all odds to compete  (Read 103522 times)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Overcoming all odds to compete
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 05:06:42 AM »
Looking very good.

Get out of the fitness BS though.

Do bodybuilding or powerlifting instead. Bodybuilding needs women instead of the current crop of she-beasts that populates it.

She would make a great LW BB. 

Take it to the next level!   8)

:)

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 07:54:37 AM »

She would make a great LW BB. 

Take it to the next level!   8)

That is the one thing Lisa does not want to do Her brother and Sis inlaw are both National level BBers (pics below).
Lisa is very strong gains muscle very quickly, thats why we have to keep her reps so high.
The weight stays decent but focus is on doing lots of reps  correctly 3 months ago she was doing 18 exercises in a row at 80% of her max mostly dumbells 90 sec break and back at it 3 more times. She would do cardio in the morning and back at it after her afternoon workout for another 45 min. And last month before her show her workouts looked like what is posted at the bottom. A lot of people have told her this and she takes it as a comp but just doesnt want that look . ( not that theres anythinng wrong with that look)lots of doors have opened up in this industry(fitness) Hey you guys are awesome thanks so much for your support
Again with this work out posted below no breaks until cycle is done :o

Exercise   Weight   Sets   Reps
Push Ups   0   3   45

Single Leg Squats   20   3   12 each

Double Arm   25   3   12
Standing Rows         

Step Ups   25   3   12 each

Lateral    15   3   12
Raise         

Jump Squats   0   3   30

Overhead Tricep   15   3   12
Extensions         

Bar   Bar   3   12
Curls         

Russian Hamstring   0   3   10
Curls         

Reverse   10   3   12
Flies         

1st and 3rd Rotation   Cycle for 3 minutes      
   every 5 exercises      
2nd Rotation   No Cycle, only lifting      

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2007, 08:30:15 AM »
That is the one thing Lisa does not want to do Her brother and Sis inlaw are both National level BBers (pics below).
Lisa is very strong gains muscle very quickly, thats why we have to keep her reps so high.
The weight stays decent but focus is on doing lots of reps  correctly 3 months ago she was doing 18 exercises in a row at 80% of her max mostly dumbells 90 sec break and back at it 3 more times. She would do cardio in the morning and back at it after her afternoon workout for another 45 min. And last month before her show her workouts looked like what is posted at the bottom. A lot of people have told her this and she takes it as a comp but just doesnt want that look . ( not that theres anythinng wrong with that look)lots of doors have opened up in this industry(fitness) Hey you guys are awesome thanks so much for your support
Again with this work out posted below no breaks until cycle is done :o

Exercise   Weight   Sets   Reps
Push Ups   0   3   45

Single Leg Squats   20   3   12 each

Double Arm   25   3   12
Standing Rows         

Step Ups   25   3   12 each

Lateral    15   3   12
Raise         

Jump Squats   0   3   30

Overhead Tricep   15   3   12
Extensions         

Bar   Bar   3   12
Curls         

Russian Hamstring   0   3   10
Curls         

Reverse   10   3   12
Flies         

1st and 3rd Rotation   Cycle for 3 minutes      
   every 5 exercises      
2nd Rotation   No Cycle, only lifting      

Can you post this info somewhere on the Women's TrainingBoard here?  I think some of the women would find it interesting to read. 
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?board=46.0

The whole family looks good, it's nice to see that they are all into it at one level or another...looks like her brother has some big legs and calves! 

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2007, 01:38:17 PM »
"Roeperson" or "Lisa", same person, take a breath little lady, you did one show. Your not even close to other competitors yet. You used to be a pig now you lost alot of weight and want your attention. You have a long way to go before you can start giving advice. Why do all ex fatties think they are experts now? Weird. I guess all the judges who left you out of the top 10 are nerds also for there criticism. I thought I noticed you on that tv show, Biggest Loser, you were runner up right?

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2007, 06:43:27 PM »
"Roeperson" or "Lisa", same person, take a breath little lady, you did one show. Your not even close to other competitors yet. You used to be a pig now you lost alot of weight and want your attention. You have a long way to go before you can start giving advice. Why do all ex fatties think they are experts now? Weird. I guess all the judges who left you out of the top 10 are nerds also for there criticism. I thought I noticed you on that tv show, Biggest Loser, you were runner up right?
How do we get rid of trolls 

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2007, 09:00:23 PM »
The truth hurts, doesnt it,,come back when you place at least top 10. Stop talking in the third person, your not important.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2007, 11:56:32 PM »
How do we get rid of trolls 

That's not really a troll.

Either you persist, and you should be able to, considering you have a good physique and nothing to bitch about.

Or you sit yourself in front of Oprah and pig out with a big bowl of icecream.
As empty as paradise

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2007, 07:22:38 AM »
Exactly, thank u Hedge  ::)   ,, this chick is talking in the 3rd person like we should be in awe of her,,,just do it,,you didnt even place top 10 yet,,,u got in shape,,,GREAT,,,now continue to improve,,,there are female competitors here that competed for their first time also and placed top 5,,,And again.. Laura Lee competed for the first time not to long ago and placed well and looked great.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 08:33:48 AM »
It's OK to aim high LOL, this "sport" is about challenging yourself more than anything else.   :)

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2007, 08:37:34 AM »
Exactly, thank u Hedge  ::)   ,, this chick is talking in the 3rd person like we should be in awe of her,,,just do it,,you didnt even place top 10 yet,,,u got in shape,,,GREAT,,,now continue to improve,,,there are female competitors here that competed for their first time also and placed top 5,,,And again.. Laura Lee competed for the first time not to long ago and placed well and looked great.

Dude you are an Idiot
Laura please educate this guy. First of all my name is Roe I am Lisas husband
I really dont think you have anything better to do with your time . First of all I posted this because I was happy with my wifes progress. Did sheget screwed at her first show yes Im not saying that because im her husband. She was picked up by a major nutrition company before she set foot on the stage. She has a pro IFBB competitor who helps her and agrees she was screwed she had a promoter call her this week and tell her not to change a thing she came in spot on . I understand she has to get her face out there and the judges dont know her. So she will move on.
As far as you thinking i'm a woman I will post my pic ( but you wont because you are prob a skinny punk or overweight Star wars loving geek) Last question are you blind man well than again you don't like woman so I understand your point. I will leae a pic of Lisa and the winner and lisa and the second place girl . I liked the winner alot she could cross over very muscular 2nd place girl very skinny .
And if Lisa new I was on this board arguing with some freak about her she would kill me the last pic is of me . All the supportive people on this board thank you to the people that just love to argue for the sake of arguing Please go back under the bridge trolls.
 Lisa and the overall winner

Lisa and the 2nd place girl

Back Comparison Lisa on right end.

Here I amAgain I ask are you blind or do you just not like woman(well we know your not blind)

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2007, 09:01:16 AM »
Hey "Roe" the judges don't lie. If she placed 2nd or 3rd then it would be an argument..but she didn't.Her legs are to Big.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2007, 09:02:31 AM »
Yo Roe, are you the guy in that one pic with Lisa who has the extreme case of PNS (puffy nipple syndrome)?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2007, 09:02:58 AM »
Jedi sweetie.  Lisa and Roe are not one in the same.  And Lisa did get royally screwed judging by those pictures.  But like I said to Roe...at the amatueur level her legs are just mad crazy!   :D  Mucho respect Roe.  ;)  Lisa is awesome!!!
:D Weee

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2007, 09:04:30 AM »
Epic fat high school sweet hearts who suddenly "found the light".

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2007, 09:05:18 AM »
And whats "overcoming the odds" putting down the McDonalds cheeseburgers and milkshakes" HAHAHHA

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2007, 09:32:18 AM »
Yo Roe, are you the guy in that one pic with Lisa who has the extreme case of PNS (puffy nipple syndrome)?
Epic fat high school sweet hearts who suddenly "found the light".

Ok Jedi I actually Am A former WVu Football player but that ok Lets stop calling each other names and call it a truce your not Gay I was just joking this just is not me
Im the guy that likes to be friends with people
And Pand man sorry you dont like my boobs Ill try to get rid of of the gyno
But I cant do this anymore
Lisa got what ever placing she got she will do better next time No big Deal i am so over
So you guys win :P :-[ :-X :'(
my wife did not become a fatty tell after the children

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2007, 10:46:42 AM »
Roe, you kinda look like Chris Rock in the wedding photo....but much cuter.

And Lisa is beautiful regardless.  :)

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2007, 11:23:23 AM »
Roe, you kinda look like Chris Rock in the wedding photo....but much cuter.

And Lisa is beautiful regardless.  :)
I do look like him in that pic . In life look nothing like him
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'. "Chris Rock"

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2007, 11:29:52 AM »
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'. "Chris Rock"

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2007, 11:30:10 AM »

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2007, 11:37:52 AM »
Hey Roe, Beautiful family, Your wife does look good,,, I thought she or you were just spamming your "Jerad from SubWay story" but you both seem like pretty cool people. Just giving you guys a hard time.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2007, 11:44:12 AM »
Hey Roe, Beutiful family, Your wife does look good,,, I thought she or you were just spamming your "Jerad from SubWay story" but you both seem like pretty cool people. Just giving you guys a hard time.
That's a good boy Jedi  :-*

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2007, 12:01:44 PM »
Awwwww, can we have a group hug now?

:D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2007, 12:02:27 PM »
Awwwww, can we have a group hug now?

:D

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2007, 03:51:27 PM »
Hey Roe, Beautiful family, Your wife does look good,,, I thought she or you were just spamming your "Jerad from SubWay story" but you both seem like pretty cool people. Just giving you guys a hard time.

Thanks so much brother have a great night
God Bless you all
Roe