Author Topic: SHREDDED!!  (Read 6881 times)

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
Re: SHREDDED!!
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2007, 08:54:56 PM »
Dballn...just being a dick....Hide looks great. Hard to compare guys across eras. Only consistent thing is shitty judging!!!!!

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2007, 08:57:38 PM »
Dballn...just being a dick....Hide looks great. Hard to compare guys across eras. Only consistent thing is shitty judging!!!!!

Word.  I know it's blasphemy but Arnold 1980........questionable to say the least!!!!
\

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2007, 09:00:03 PM »
Franco in '81 even worse: one leg and bad gyno vs. Platz,Padilla,Callendar etc.

The Coach

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2007, 09:15:07 PM »
Clearly, you are retarded.  Leverone was like 245 onstage, Samir was about 195lbs.  No way he's coming close to Leverone.  Had you said Ray.....maybe.

And I said Hides back was better conditioned, not better shaped.  Far more conditioned and bigger legs to boot. 

Why are you melting down over a guy who I said was better conditioned than Samir? 

LOL good post.  Funny shit.  I agree Bertil should have won the O.

and Superman of course.

Actually I think Samir was closer to 215-220, I think MaxRep can confirm better than I could.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2007, 01:02:10 AM »
Actually I think Samir was closer to 215-220, I think MaxRep can confirm better than I could.

No Joe 215-220 was off season. 200-205 was were he couldn't win. He won the O at 187. Levrone was awesome and yes bigger than Samir but does that mean better? Well maybe by contest standards but I'd take Samir's physique any day. When he and I trained together we were the exact some height so it was easy for me aspire to his type of development.

Plus his Joe Weider imatation is second only to Danny Padilla's!

By the way Joe. I'll be there to cheer you on.
and keep moving!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2007, 02:07:38 AM »
 8)
nasser=piece of shit

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2007, 02:15:04 AM »
Shredded is right !

Samir looked incredible in 82. 

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2007, 02:43:05 AM »
Danny Shredded
and keep moving!

The Coach

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2007, 07:10:19 AM »
No Joe 215-220 was off season. 200-205 was were he couldn't win. He won the O at 187. Levrone was awesome and yes bigger than Samir but does that mean better? Well maybe by contest standards but I'd take Samir's physique any day. When he and I trained together we were the exact some height so it was easy for me aspire to his type of development.

Plus his Joe Weider imatation is second only to Danny Padilla's!

By the way Joe. I'll be there to cheer you on.

Wow, I didn't think he was that light, he looked much bigger :o

Cool you'll be there, I'll try not to let anyone down.....gotta get my ass in gear 8)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2007, 07:41:25 AM »

Cool you'll be there, I'll try not to let anyone down.....gotta get my ass in gear 8)
how about shape not gear The Coach?

The Coach

« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2007, 07:42:12 AM »
how about shape not gear The Coach?

What about it?

The Coach

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2007, 07:47:52 AM »
8)

I have always maintained that DH had the only true conditioning on that Olympia stage....or any Olympia stage within the last 3-4 years at least. Dude gets actually SHREDDED....he should have been in the top 5 easily.

rockedupmotha

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2007, 08:51:06 AM »
in retrospect, frank zane is a bitch, most worthless excuse for MR.O ever, sure conditioning is important, but i never thought annorexia, and bulimia had anything to do with it, Zane was and is a bitch......as far as the pics of the big ass asian, keep up the good work that's what the sport is about
El Borracho Blake

The Coach

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2007, 09:13:39 AM »
in retrospect, frank zane is a bitch, most worthless excuse for MR.O ever, sure conditioning is important, but i never thought annorexia, and bulimia had anything to do with it, Zane was and is a bitch......as far as the pics of the big ass asian, keep up the good work that's what the sport is about

If you knew anything you'd realize that BODYBUILDING IS NOT A SPORT, but since you have your head COMPLETLY up your ass you don't realize it. And no, that "big ass asian" is NOT what bodybuilding is about. You're kinda new to this "sport" arn't ya?

Have a nice day.........clown!!

The Coach

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2007, 09:15:58 AM »

BTW, just looked at your profile......you're 22, I was right, you don't know shit......."junour"!!

phenom

• Getbig II
  • The better you look the more you see
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2007, 09:28:57 AM »
Zane was always the image I looked to when bodybuilding and I'm only 25. So you can be young appreciate what he built. He really wasn't that small either just very balanced. He didn't have any standout freak body parts, kinda like Cormeir.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2007, 10:07:49 AM »
Zane was always the image I looked to when bodybuilding and I'm only 25. So you can be young appreciate what he built. He really wasn't that small either just very balanced. He didn't have any standout freak body parts, kinda like Cormeir.

Perhaps there is hope for some of our "yoots"! Nice observations.
and keep moving!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2007, 10:11:41 AM »
Clearly, you are retarded.  Leverone was like 245 onstage, Samir was about 195lbs.  No way he's coming close to Leverone.  Had you said Ray.....maybe.

With Levrone's drugs, Samir could have matched him. Not taking about '83 and '94, but what Samir could have been with today's drugs.

rockedupmotha

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2007, 10:15:11 AM »
zane is still a bitch!!!
El Borracho Blake

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2007, 10:17:37 AM »
zane is still a bitch!!!
You have A LOT to learn young fella  ::)

spinnis

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2007, 10:23:49 AM »

rockedupmotha

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2007, 10:24:54 AM »
true, but so far it's been fun, what i have learned, and watching my body transform back and forth from on to off season then back again>
El Borracho Blake

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2007, 10:27:42 AM »
true, but so far it's been fun, what i have learned, and watching my body transform back and forth from on to off season then back again>
Good on ya - Was expecting a STFU.
I mis-judged you.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2007, 10:31:34 AM »

Joe it’s the classic example of how being lighter and more conditioned can make a guy LOOK bigger. He won’t actually BE bigger but he’ll LOOK bigger. I think many of these Pro’s today lose sight of how they look behind trying to be a certain weight.

My friend Bob Chick is an example of this. In my opinion he looked his all time best when he turned Pro at 233. Then he got caught up in having to weigh 270 off season and come down to 245-250 for contests. He still looked good but not AS good as he did at 233.  He may disagree but that’s how I see it.

Samir couldn’t bring it home at 200-205, then he gets SHREDDED and wins at 187. Then he starts chasing size again to be competitive with Haney and his physique started getting blocky and less aesthetic. Aesthetics were his strength and he compromised them.  

That’s why I think it’s ridiculous to have weigh-in at Pro shows. The judges aren’t (or at least shouldn’t be) judging a guy because he weights 260, they SHOULD be judging a look.

I agree with you about David Henry but his BEST showing was a few years ago at the Ironman against Lee Priest. He surprised a lot of people. He didn’t do it on size, he did it on conditioning.

By the way, I know the effort, sacrifice, dedication and discipline it takes to get ready for a show. Especially at 45. Win, lose or draw just put it all on the table. THAT is something I can respect and support.
and keep moving!

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2007, 10:36:25 AM »
Joe it’s the classic example of how being lighter and more conditioned can make a guy LOOK bigger. He won’t actually BE bigger but he’ll LOOK bigger. I think many of these Pro’s today lose sight of how they look behind trying to be a certain weight.

My friend Bob Chick is an example of this. In my opinion he looked his all time best when he turned Pro at 233. Then he got caught up in having to weigh 270 off season and come down to 245-250 for contests. He still looked good but not AS good as he did at 233.  He may disagree but that’s how I see it.

Samir couldn’t bring it home at 200-205, then he gets SHREDDED and wins at 187. Then he starts chasing size again to be competitive with Haney and his physique started getting blocky and less aesthetic. Aesthetics were his strength and he compromised them.  

That’s why I think it’s ridiculous to have weigh-in at Pro shows. The judges aren’t (or at least shouldn’t be) judging a guy because he weights 260, they SHOULD be judging a look.

I agree with you about David Henry but his BEST showing was a few years ago at the Ironman against Lee Priest. He surprised a lot of people. He didn’t do it on size, he did it on conditioning.

By the way, I know the effort, sacrifice, dedication and discipline it takes to get ready for a show. Especially at 45. Win, lose or draw just put it all on the table. THAT is something I can respect and support.

Spot on - Weighing at any bodybuilding show is bollocks!! Its ALL about visual impact. The Illusion is all part of it. The perfect bodybuilder should look "built" but human in clothes and then cause absolute mayhem them minute he whips his shirt off. Arnold had this sort of impact by 1975. As he stated "the showmans body"