Author Topic: PBW: Toney Freeman Speaks Out (Replay Available)  (Read 17075 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW: Toney Freeman Speaks Out (Replay Available)
« on: October 18, 2007, 07:38:50 AM »
PBW:  Toney Freeman Discusses Olympia Struggle - Listen Now

Bodybuilding talk radio continues as "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" presents Toney Freeman's first interview following his struggles at the 2007 Olympia.  "The X-Man" provides a candid account of the days leading up to the Olympia and his plans for the upcoming contest season.  Monday's broadcast also includes a visit with the world's largest airline pilot - IFBB Pro Joel StubbsThe Voice of Pro Bodybuilding is presented by MuscleTech on Mondays at 8pm ET.

Bonus Report:  Bob Cicherillo provides a surprising and revealing look at the Mr. Olympia judging system.

Visit the PBW Broadcast Center at www.BodybuildingRadio.com (Replays provided courtesy of Bodybuilding.com)

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine. 
Additional Sponsors: NxLabs, Muscle Asylum Project, Bodywell Nutrition, Max Muscle, Biogenetix, 2008 Arnold Sports Festival, Dr. Navarro's Vein Centre, and MuscleTime.com

mass 04

• Getbig V
PBW: Toney Freeman Discusses Olympia Struggle - Monday
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:41:37 AM »
Toney is great, i know he's older but he'll return to form and do some damge next year

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
PBW: Toney Freeman Discusses Olympia Struggle - Monday
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 07:42:22 AM »
Good call bringing Toney on.  After EVERYONE predicted him in the Top 5, I'd say he's got some questions to answer.  

Dan & Bob,  Go to this thread for some Getbig questions for Toney:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=175443.0

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: PBW: Toney Freeman Discusses Olympia Struggle - Monday
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 08:29:02 AM »
Toney knows he was off and doesn't make excuses. He's a true professional. The past couple of years I've had a chance to talk with Toney and he is a cool cat. He's honest, humble and all around classy guy. He's the type of guy you want as your spokesman. He's doing well - headblade, VPX, Weider and I'm sure there are more sponsors.

He proved he's a threat in the first three shows this year. Don't count the man out based on one "off" showing. Sucks it had to be the Olympia but hey it happens.

Looking forward to hearing the interview.

Elevate Your Image.™

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 09:21:27 AM »
I am sure I am out of the loop but why did he leave MD as a sponsor to go to Weider? Nothing wrong with either publication BTW just wondering  8)

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 05:42:44 PM »
He answered it in the olympia backstage webcast interview. He was very aware that he wasn't in shape, but decided to compete for the fans either way. What else can he say that we haven't heard yet? ???

Stavios

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 08:33:45 PM »
Toney knows he was off and doesn't make excuses. He's a true professional. The past couple of years I've had a chance to talk with Toney and he is a cool cat. He's honest, humble and all around classy guy. He's the type of guy you want as your spokesman. He's doing well - headblade, VPX, Weider and I'm sure there are more sponsors.

He proved he's a threat in the first three shows this year. Don't count the man out based on one "off" showing. Sucks it had to be the Olympia but hey it happens.

I never met him but I read on Mayhem that a lot of people said he has a very big head (not in the Jay Cutler way)

he seemed cool here but if he is ADIPO8, that's pathetic

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 01:48:05 AM »

Well said.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 07:15:41 AM »

no pro is humble.

AVBG

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 03:18:45 PM »
looking forward to hearing from the XMAN. Congrats on the weider deal...what prompted the switch of camps? $$$ or credibility?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 09:26:43 PM »
he left MD and dave palumbo's diet, and he was in his worst shape ever, hmmmmmmmmm?

spinnis

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 03:35:53 AM »
He canīt do it without Palumbo.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 04:15:13 AM »
Ask Stubbs what exercises he does for back.  Seriously.  Best back in bodybuilding.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 04:18:12 AM »
Ask Stubbs what exercises he does for back.  Seriously.  Best back in bodybuilding.

looks like shit. U backs are too big. V back is enough.

mrusa85

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 08:06:51 AM »
Questions about judging for Bob to answer on PBW:

What is actually judged in Round 3? How do judges compare the competitors from their own memory during Round 3? (Example: Competitor Number One comes out and poses. Competitor Number 15 comes out and poses fourteen competitors later. There's an hour or so in between those two competitors being on stage.)

What is judged in the posedown? Are only the last mandatories of the top six judged? Does the actual "posedown" have any bearing on the scoring?

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 09:09:12 AM »
PBW:  Toney Freeman Discusses Olympia Struggle - Monday 8pm ET

Bodybuilding talk radio returns on Monday as "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" presents Toney Freeman's first interview following his struggles at the 2007 Olympia.  "The X-Man" will provide a candid account of the days leading up to the Olympia and his plans for the upcoming contest season.  Monday's broadcast will also include a visit with the world's largest airline pilot - IFBB Pro Joel StubbsThe Voice of Pro Bodybuilding is presented by MuscleTech on Mondays at 8pm ET. - Bonus Report:  Bob Cicherillo provides a surprising and revealing look at the Mr. Olympia judging system.

Visit the PBW Broadcast Center at www.BodybuildingRadio.com

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine. 
Additional Sponsors: NxLabs, Muscle Asylum Project, Bodywell Nutrition, Max Muscle, Biogenetix, 2008 Arnold Sports Festival, Dr. Navarro's Vein Centre, and MuscleTime.com

This should be a GREAT show , I am going to listen to this one.I am a major fan of ATL's own X man.
Ask him if he is doing the Ironman in 2008?
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 12:11:52 PM »
Just ask Toney straight up........Why didnt he use Palumbo for his olympia prep. When in the spring he used palumbo and recieved his best ever placing and condition.

This is a question EVERYONE wants to know the answer to.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Humbled Toney Freeman admits 14th place was a gift
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 05:31:27 PM »
Toney Freeman mystery illness?

Mystery illness before the O... loses 15 pounds overnight when prepping.  odd black spots.  anyone with experience in this area know what hit him?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: Toney Freeman mystery illness?
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 05:32:24 PM »
he had a bad case of alldrugitis.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »
It could be worse

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 05:33:26 PM »
Always some bullshit with these guys..... ::)
HAHA, RON.....

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 05:35:36 PM »
Always some bullshit with these guys..... ::)
hahahahhahhaa, over 290 at under 6 percent BF with zero cardio. ::)

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 05:37:42 PM »
Too much lasix?

Jason

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 05:38:38 PM »
He basically said "i overdid it with the diuretics" and it went right over Dan and bob's head

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Humbled Toney Freeman admits 14th place was a gift
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 05:40:57 PM »
Wow... Freeman came right out and said he didn't even deserve 14th place.

Most pros wouldn't touch the issue, or would talk about how much higher they should have been.  I don't think I've ever heard a pro admit they placed higher than they deserved.  "I juist wanted to go home and watch the webcast"

Props to Toney.  He's 41 and probably only has 2 more years to make his mark... top 3 arnold classic last year tho...