Author Topic: Top RUSSIAN Natural.  (Read 12531 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Top RUSSIAN Natural.
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 10:15:07 AM »
Bush's ranch uses geothermal heat.  It is wayyyyyy more efficient than gore's home.  Maybe gore should get a more efficient home and then he could offset bush.
Don`t be an idiot.  Do you want gore to Buy his VERY Own GEOTHERMAL plant?  Do you also realize that Al Gore`s home is a VERY OLD HISTORIC home in his family for a very long time?

Bush just had his house built.  So I take it you would want Al Gore to tear down his family home, even though the carbon offset is lower than the Bush Ranch.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 10:16:23 AM »
especially considering he gave away the entire $1.5mil from the Nobel Prize.

Really?  What did he do with the money?  That's pretty "nobel" of him to do that.  Good stuff. 8)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 10:16:50 AM »
Don`t be an idiot.  Do you want gore to Buy his VERY Own GEOTHERMAL plant?  Do you also realize that Al Gore`s home is a VERY OLD HISTORIC home in his family for a very long time?

Bush just had his house built.  So I take it you would want Al Gore to tear down his family home, even though the carbon offset is lower than the Bush Ranch.

Who cares, we'll all be dead before Global Warming gets to any serious state.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 10:18:01 AM »
Don`t be an idiot.  Do you want gore to Buy his VERY Own GEOTHERMAL plant?  Do you also realize that Al Gore`s home is a VERY OLD HISTORIC home in his family for a very long time?

Bush just had his house built.  So I take it you would want Al Gore to tear down his family home, even though the carbon offset is lower than the Bush Ranch.

Al gore is a businessman plain and simple. This whole global warming thing is a business venture. If you and magoo had millions, you'd probably be sending some to al gore!  As far as his home goes, Gore is asking us to change with the times and be more energy efficient.  Why can't he?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 10:18:10 AM »
Gore is a hypocrit, just like 99% of the rest of the politicians.  Like the ones who say certain drugs need to be illegal because they are bad for us, and allow tobacco and alcohol to remain legal.  His crusade for global warming is simply another business venture for him and it is making him tons of money. You are blind if you think he's actually in this for the benefit of anyone but himself adonis.
Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel and Ron Paul are NOT Hypocrites.  They would legalize and decriminalize all drugs.  Especially Mike Gravel.  You DO have choices that suit YOUR NEEDS and CONCERNS if you just wake the fuck up once in a while.  Stop being a sheep.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2007, 10:20:37 AM »
Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel and Ron Paul are NOT Hypocrites.  They would legalize and decriminalize all drugs.  Especially Mike Gravel.  You DO have choices that suit YOUR NEEDS and CONCERNS if you just wake the fuck up once in a while.  Stop being a sheep.

They comprise of the 1% then.  I think bush and the republicans in power are total fucktards, but I think gore is one too.  I have not learned enough about the people you listed to form an opinion.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2007, 10:22:14 AM »
Al gore is a businessman plain and simple. This whole global warming thing is a business venture. If you and magoo had millions, you'd probably be sending some to al gore!  As far as his home goes, Gore is asking us to change with the times and be more energy efficient.  Why can't he?

Al Gore is NOT the face of global warming.  He is more or less an advocate and trying to bring attention to this totally scientific matter.  Take Al Gore out of the equation and you still have Global Warming.
If it is a business venture please Explain to me the hard work of these Scientists.  What in your silly mind are they trying to gain other than trying to advance science and truth: The National Scientific Academies of the the following countries issued this statement
“The work of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) represents the consensus of the international scientific community on climate change science. We recognise IPCC as the world’s most reliable source of information on climate change and its causes, and we endorse its method of achieving this consensus. Despite increasing consensus on the science underpinning predictions of global climate change, doubts have been expressed recently about the need to mitigate the risks posed by global climate change. We do not consider such doubts justified.”

National Academy of Sciences (US) Royal Society (United Kingdom) Chinese Academy of Sciences Academia Brasiliera de Ciências (Brazil) Royal Society of Canada Académie des Sciences (france) Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher Leopoldina (Germany) Indian National Science Academy Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy) Science Council of Japan Russian Academy of Sciences Australian Academy of Sciences Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts Caribbean Academy of Sciences Indonesian Academy of Sciences Royal Irish Academy Academy of Sciences Malaysia Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences http://www.royalsociety.org/displaypagedoc.asp?id= ... (2001) http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/displaypagedoc.asp?id=20 ... (2005) For the comments of other scientific bodies http://www.globalwarmingart.com/wiki/Statements_on ...

No one on the IPCC doubts that there are cycles and natural factors. The question is whether the global warming observed since the mid 1970's has a significant human cause. The IPCC says yes with 90% certainty.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2007, 10:23:01 AM »
Did you know that when schools now show An Incovenient Truth they are required to make a disclaimer informing their students of all the scientific inaccuricies contained in that movie?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 10:24:57 AM »

They comprise of the 1% then.  I think bush and the republicans in power are total fucktards, but I think gore is one too.  I have not learned enough about the people you listed to form an opinion.
Exactly my point.  You have not learned enough about the people.  Clearly you have not learned enough about global warming or Al Gore.  You are just repeating lies.  Do some research for yourself.  Use Primary Sources and Peer-Reviewed Journals and Independent Commissions.  Do your homework and stop repeating lies.  The worst thing you can do is be misinformed or ill-informed and complacent.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 10:25:10 AM »
Al Gore is NOT the face of global warming.  He is more or less an advocate and trying to bring attention to this totally scientific matter.  Take Al Gore out of the equation and you still have Global Warming.
If it is a business venture please Explain to me the hard work of these Scientists.  What in your silly mind are they trying to gain other than trying to advance science and truth: The National Scientific Academies of the the following countries issued this statement
“The work of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) represents the consensus of the international scientific community on climate change science. We recognise IPCC as the world’s most reliable source of information on climate change and its causes, and we endorse its method of achieving this consensus. Despite increasing consensus on the science underpinning predictions of global climate change, doubts have been expressed recently about the need to mitigate the risks posed by global climate change. We do not consider such doubts justified.”

National Academy of Sciences (US) Royal Society (United Kingdom) Chinese Academy of Sciences Academia Brasiliera de Ciências (Brazil) Royal Society of Canada Académie des Sciences (france) Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher Leopoldina (Germany) Indian National Science Academy Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy) Science Council of Japan Russian Academy of Sciences Australian Academy of Sciences Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts Caribbean Academy of Sciences Indonesian Academy of Sciences Royal Irish Academy Academy of Sciences Malaysia Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences http://www.royalsociety.org/displaypagedoc.asp?id= ... (2001) http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/displaypagedoc.asp?id=20 ... (2005) For the comments of other scientific bodies http://www.globalwarmingart.com/wiki/Statements_on ...

No one on the IPCC doubts that there are cycles and natural factors. The question is whether the global warming observed since the mid 1970's has a significant human cause. The IPCC says yes with 90% certainty.

You are absolutely correct. The scientists are hard working, good people.  However, Gore is a greedy businessman along for the ride.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 10:25:59 AM »
Not really.

I think Putin could take out any world leader in a duel or hand to hand.  Speak on this. 

Did you know George Bush does not even know how to ride a horse and is scared of them.  So much for the cowboy hat and the ranch.  ???

A Chevy Cowboy as Fox would call him?

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2007, 10:27:39 AM »
Exactly my point.  You have not learned enough about the people.  Clearly you have not learned enough about global warming or Al Gore.  You are just repeating lies.  Do some research for yourself.  Use Primary Sources and Peer-Reviewed Journals and Independent Commissions.  Do your homework and stop repeating lies.  The worst thing you can do is be misinformed or ill-informed and complacent.

My reading tells me that the earth is billions of years old, and we have only been recording temperature for a reletively miniscule period of time.  In that time that we have been recording temperature, much of it was done with instruments that have questionable accuracy.  

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2007, 10:29:11 AM »
Really?  What did he do with the money?  That's pretty "nobel" of him to do that.  Good stuff. 8)

donated it to the Alliance for Climate Protection: http://www.climateprotect.org/

You are absolutely correct. The scientists are hard working, good people.  However, Gore is a greedy businessman along for the ride.

you do realize that gore has fought tirelessly for progress on global warming since the 1980s, right? and that he never intended to make a movie or become "the goracle"? you're making it sound like it's a sign of greed that he's spreading his message, which is so asinine i'm not sure how to attack it.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2007, 10:29:33 AM »
The worst thing you can do is be misinformed or ill-informed and complacent.

True look at how these tools are denying Nasser. A man who is risking his life coming forward with the truth. But the are so comfortable in their complacency that they would rather he just go away.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2007, 10:30:04 AM »

You are absolutely correct. The scientists are hard working, good people.  However, Gore is a greedy businessman along for the ride.

So you want him to work for nothing?   

Paul Allen

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2007, 10:31:33 AM »
My reading tells me that the earth is billions of years old, and we have only been recording temperature for a reletively miniscule period of time.  In that time that we have been recording temperature, much of it was done with instruments that have questionable accuracy.  

to top that off, in the span we have been measuring earth's temperature, it's shown that spikes like "global warming" that we have now are relatively common.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2007, 10:34:28 AM »
Did you know that when schools now show An Incovenient Truth they are required to make a disclaimer informing their students of all the scientific inaccuricies contained in that movie?
The man who brought the suit is suprise, suprise a religious fundementalist who is connected to ExxonMobil and backed by the Conservative party.

These are the same Cave-men that want a disclaimer for evolution even though it is SCIENTIFIC FACT.  Use your head.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2007, 10:35:14 AM »
Well regardless of his motives, I think his work is futile.  Too many people stubborn, lazy people.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2007, 10:37:47 AM »
to top that off, in the span we have been measuring earth's temperature, it's shown that spikes like "global warming" that we have now are relatively common.
Source? 

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2007, 10:38:15 AM »
Im going to start up my semi-fuel efficient vehicle  19/28 mpg and head to lunch soon!  Adonis, please comment on my previous post regarding the history of global temperature and the accuracy of our thermometers in the 20th century.

Paul Allen

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2007, 10:39:59 AM »
Source? 

I will look some up for you.  I know you're a stickler for academic sources, so i'll try to make them university papers.  give me a few.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2007, 10:42:32 AM »
too bad his grandfather didnt poison Stalin successfully

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2007, 10:42:48 AM »
My reading tells me that the earth is billions of years old, and we have only been recording temperature for a reletively miniscule period of time.  In that time that we have been recording temperature, much of it was done with instruments that have questionable accuracy. 

let me ask you this, i think it's a reasonable question:

looking at things from a "prisoner's dilemma" perspective, we see that either there is or isn't global warming and we either do or don't do something about it (which is to simplify things, ignoring whether it's man-caused or whether we're technically capable of doing anything).

so we have four situations, each comes with a result/consequence.

global warming is real, we do something about it - we save the planet, though it's a strain on the economy and requires some sacrifice

global warming is real, we do nothing about it - the planet gets decimated and all those terrible things happen that gore warned about (maybe not to that extent).

global warming isn't real, we do something about it - planet doesn't need saved, and we make economic sacrifices for no good reason.

global warming isn't real, we do nothing about it - status quo.

i want you to look at those four options. realize that the 1st and 3rd can be paired up, as well as the 2nd and 4th. even if we don't know for sure whether it's real, we can take a look at the potential consequences. compare.

no action - either the status quo, or serious destruction of the planet.

action - either an unnecessary economic sacrifice, or a necessary sacrifice because it saved the planet.

in the former case, the potential benefit is pretty minimal and the potential consequence is monumental. in the latter, the potential benefit is monumental and the potential consequence is pretty minimal.

i think it's obvious which side i'd choose to err on, how about you?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2007, 10:42:56 AM »
putin
It is pooting moron hahahah and we don't care what you do after you carb up on donuts

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2007, 10:43:44 AM »
The man who brought the suit is suprise, suprise a religious fundementalist who is connected to ExxonMobil and backed by the Conservative party.

These are the same Cave-men that want a disclaimer for evolution even though it is SCIENTIFIC FACT.  Use your head.

I feel weird saying this but PREACH ON adonis, you're dropping some good stuff here.