Author Topic: Paul Chua: Wold Champion tested Positive  (Read 8198 times)

Frank D. Law

• Getbig II
Re: Paul Chua: Wold Champion tested Positive
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 07:57:54 AM »
Hi EMN1964 and Slaveboy 19,

I've lived in Asia for 3 decades now so I do understand the Asian psyche a little bit.  The current century is not called the Asian Century for nothing!  Heck, China is marching inexorably on to be acknowledged as the next great economic powerhouse.  Add Japan, South Korea, India and the SE Asian Tiger economies, and it is almost a fait accompli - the Asian economy would be the next world leader!

Asian countries as a whole, think as a united country does - very much like the US of A was, especially during the early days of your founding fathers.  National pride was almost exclusively an American commodity then.  Until the disastrous American military campaigns in Vietnam, the American psyche was similar to what Asian countries are displaying now.  Remember "Only in America!" or "America the Beautiful"?  Heck, you even call your baseball championship "The World Series" when it only involves less than 5 countries!!

The American military machine has always kicked ass (ask Saddam and the Talibans), except...except Asia.  Vietnam, a small Asian nation whupped the US military.  Japan whupped the US military machine, until the Atom bomb.  China, with their primitive weapons fought the US to a stalemate in North Korea... So you've whupped every country in the world, except...except Asian ones!

Now, with the little history lesson aside...let's understand this.  Asian countries will stop at nothing to achieve supremacy or at least the veneer of supremacy in any field ...sports included.  These IOC sanctioned Games, regional though they may be, do add to the sometimes illusory varnish and glow of national pride.  First comes Olympic Gold Medals, then the Asian Games followed by the SEA Games.  You could bring home the MR. Olympia title and that would excite a small coterie of BB loving exoteric crowd.  But no money would be forthcoming.  Why?  Because that event is not sanctioned by the IOC, only an alphabet soup sounding organization called the IFBB!

It's true that IOC sanctioned events are strictly amateur, so Gold Medallists do not receive cash on the podium, like the professional athlete does.  But hey, have you heard of a trust?  A trust is set up and money is poured into this trust for the "Amateur" BBer who's lucky enough to win a Games Gold.  Do that and you're really set for life!  It's like you've struck the lottery!  In many respects, the financial rewards are no different from what, say Marion Jones enjoyed when she won her Golds in the Sydney Games (until her latest confession)....except that it's done, not through endorsements, but through Government initiated "Golden Handshakes"!

This culture is what Paul Chua exploits to line his pockets!  It would not concern you all at all, except that he's the second most powerful official in the IFBB - it certainly doesn't reflect well on the IFBB!  Now, what's that about alphabet soup???

Atlantic

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 01:40:09 AM »
I got this from a user called Anti ABBF

Dear Atlantic,

Bahrain and Qatar federation were in good terms but now they are not so good cause the Bahrain federation president didn’t vote for the Qatar president to win.  He voted for the guy from UAE (Osama Ahmed Al Shafar - UAE) cause Bahrain’s bodybuilding federation was paid a sum of US$100,000 by the ministry of sport to build up their new federation headquarters and get some new equipments in the building.  They received the equipments as a gift from UAE president and used the money they got from the ministry to bribe Paul chua.

Also, The UAE guy won simply cause they paid more than what Qatar offered with better future income for the Asian federation (Paul Chua) – US$130000

Bahrain federation president is in very good terms with Paul Chua and he can control him any way he wants so defiantly Bahrain will make some medals in the upcoming world championship and get some gold next year in Bahrain.

The Bahraini Players are buying drugs from the whole gulf market like crazy.  They have got the assurance that will not be tested at the world championship.  And I guess the same will happen next year. 

I also got a tip from a three time gold medalist Asian Champion from Bahrain that his president told him that Thailand will continue wining the 80KG gold by Sitti (Thailand) as long as Douglas Latchford is the president of the Thai federation.  As he said that Douglas is a very rich person who made his money in an illegal way and now is settled in Thailand and laundering his money and happens to be a bodybuilding fan.  So he bought the presidents position and is bribing Chua for the 80 KG medal.

What amazes me is with all the European federations around; why don’t they take action.  I don’t know how long Rafael Santonja can put a lid on the European’s mouths.

Hope what I have sent you helps and you make a difference

Anti ABBF

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 06:37:34 AM »
still there "emn1964" ?  :D

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 09:29:16 AM »
I got this from a user called Anti ABBF

Dear Atlantic,

Bahrain and Qatar federation were in good terms but now they are not so good cause the Bahrain federation president didn’t vote for the Qatar president to win.  He voted for the guy from UAE (Osama Ahmed Al Shafar - UAE) cause Bahrain’s bodybuilding federation was paid a sum of US$100,000 by the ministry of sport to build up their new federation headquarters and get some new equipments in the building.  They received the equipments as a gift from UAE president and used the money they got from the ministry to bribe Paul chua.

Also, The UAE guy won simply cause they paid more than what Qatar offered with better future income for the Asian federation (Paul Chua) – US$130000

Bahrain federation president is in very good terms with Paul Chua and he can control him any way he wants so defiantly Bahrain will make some medals in the upcoming world championship and get some gold next year in Bahrain.

The Bahraini Players are buying drugs from the whole gulf market like crazy.  They have got the assurance that will not be tested at the world championship.  And I guess the same will happen next year. 

I also got a tip from a three time gold medalist Asian Champion from Bahrain that his president told him that Thailand will continue wining the 80KG gold by Sitti (Thailand) as long as Douglas Latchford is the president of the Thai federation.  As he said that Douglas is a very rich person who made his money in an illegal way and now is settled in Thailand and laundering his money and happens to be a bodybuilding fan.  So he bought the presidents position and is bribing Chua for the 80 KG medal.

What amazes me is with all the European federations around; why don’t they take action.  I don’t know how long Rafael Santonja can put a lid on the European’s mouths.

Hope what I have sent you helps and you make a difference

Anti ABBF

ANYONE READING THIS?

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2007, 10:46:38 AM »
ANYONE READING THIS?
Yeah all the people who care about BB and fairness, which makes no one...
The Number 2 in Scranton

Kamikaze Paul

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 02:23:17 AM »
I got the following from the Bahrain Bodybuilding federation president (Mohammed Abdulla):

Kamal Salam form Qatar (85KG) was tested positive for “trenbolone” in the Asian Championship.  This is the second time he is testing positive –first time being world championship in 2003- an official from Qatar (Ibrahim Mohamed Kafod) was sent to Paul Chua to clear the matter and discuss how much they have to pay to cover the tests and let Kamal do the world championship after 10 days in Korea.

The amount is not finalized yet but new from Bahrain is that they will pay a sum of US$100000 to the Asian federation just to let it slip.  The Bahraini federation is not happy with the decision cause having Kamal in the lineup will weaken their chances of scoring.

I don’t know where the hell you got that information from; but it is the closest to the truth yet.  Yes Kamal was tested Positive for “Trenbolone”. 

The first test was conducted couple of days before the team leaves to Shanghai.  Then the results were up when they left.  The federation called up the delegates in China and told them to refrain Kamal from doing the show cause his urine test turned out to show 4% “Trenbolone”.  Kamal assured then that it will go away by the time of the testing in China. 

The case he is that Kamal went on telling everyone that the time for “Trenbolone Acetate pills” to get out of the system is 3 day; which wasn’t the case.  He got away with it couple of time earlier cause the samples were not tested for Trenbolone.  The Recognized WADA drug test includes nearly 7000 substances (68xx don’t know the exact figure) so doing a test on all of them is very expensive –nearly US$3000 a test) so they choose the substances randomly and perform a test worth of US$400-600.  Unfortunately for Kamal “Trenbolone” was included in the Asian Championships test this time and he got caught.

Then an official from Qatar weightlifting and Bodybuilding federation (deputy general secretary) who is taking care of bodybuilding – because the general secretary is an ex-lifter and is more interested in the weight lifting section- went to visit Paul Chua regarding this matter and to offer a donation and ask to re-look into Kamal’s case.

Paul L.

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2007, 08:27:41 PM »
who are you?

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2007, 08:39:57 PM »
Of course, The USA does not participate in the SEA Games and the Asian Games.  These games are regional games, sanctioned by the IOC.  The only way Americans can participate is to apply for citizenship in one of these Asian or SE Asian Nations.

Despite the lack of quality vis a vis American BB's, these are very lucrative games for PAUL Chua.  There are no shortage of National BB Associations offering him bribes.  Of course, there'll be some that'd offer too low, from time to time.  In those instances, Paul Chua would then reject the offer and call in the media (probably the IFBB top dogs too) to trumpet how he'd rejected a bribe, and how incorruptible he is, how terrified he was with these attempts to bribe him.... ad nauseum!!!  He is no stupid crook!

Your info and manner of presenting it seem quite credible. Thanks for posting.  Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

FreedomFighter

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2007, 09:23:15 PM »
only their status in context of the world..hahahah...epic bullshit. pride between the asian countries is very important. take japan vs china , south korea vs japan etc

as for the sums paid..i dont know if they are correct.

as for the winners not getting paid..dont be so naive....they get paid one way or another. by national federations etc.

look at how bahrain and Qatar buy bulgarians to win them medals in weightlifting...how they buy moroccans and kenyans to win medals for them in athletics and so on.

bahrain and qatar and the countries in that area are willing to and have bough many medals. saudi arabia has bought many medals in many sports. this is reality.

so emn1964 you simply dont understand the background to all of this  ;)

Hey most contries now days BUY athletes in different sports- what are you trying to say there...

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 06:27:34 AM »
Hey most contries now days BUY athletes in different sports- what are you trying to say there...
ohh def....no doubt about that.

but countries like qatar and bahrain have systematically bought for example track and field athletes from ethiopia, kenya, morocco etc...

its the manner in which they do it...those athletes dont even live in qatar, they just get 10-15 000 dollars per month to represent qatar and they get their qatar passport in a few days lol...its a joke. Sure western european countries also have africans etc who competer for them..but atleast they live in the country they compete for most of the time..and often have for many years. i could give you more examples. they also have their own organization that has been built from top to bottom.

qatar etc they are pathetic they dont even have own trainers..for example they bought bulgarian weightlifters and bulgarian trainers as they dont have athletes or trainers themselves. then they give them arabic names..im sure if you call after one of those bulgarians he wont even react to his arabic name  :D. (this is not a anti arab post tho, just against the sport federations in those countries who buy athletes)

the international sports community have to implement rules that prevents this or makes it harder ,for example ban them (the athletes who change nationality too fast...) from international competition for 3 years....this kind of thing partly exists in the olympic games already...

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2007, 07:19:41 AM »
where you have money you have corruption and where you don't have a watch dog for said corruption you have more curruption.

nothing knew here as far as bbing is concerned, and if anyone is naive enough to think the problem is restricted to asia may i suggest that you watch some highlights of the 2007 olympia or even look at some pics. you won't get a better example of corrupt judging, not even from the asian games.

show me a winner from the asian world championships that deserved their win any less than jay cutler did?

at least said winners from the awc don't resemble the pillsbury dough boy.

don't know about anyone else but i'm a little tired of reading sob stories about chua's alleged corruption. put up or shut up already. if you've got some proof let's see it. anything else just makes y'all sound like moaning old windbags and catty school girls.

think about it. i could say paul chua broke into my house, stole my sneakers and made my pet cat pregnant, but it's all pretty much a waste of bandwidth without some proof.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 07:27:47 AM »
where you have money you have corruption and where you don't have a watch dog for said corruption you have more curruption.

nothing knew here as far as bbing is concerned, and if anyone is naive enough to think the problem is restricted to asia may i suggest that you watch some highlights of the 2007 olympia or even look at some pics. you won't get a better example of corrupt judging, not even from the asian games.

show me a winner from the asian world championships that deserved their win any less than jay cutler did?

at least said winners from the awc don't resemble the pillsbury dough boy.

don't know about anyone else but i'm a little tired of reading sob stories about chua's alleged corruption. put up or shut up already. if you've got some proof let's see it. anything else just makes y'all sound like moaning old windbags and catty school girls.

think about it. i could say paul chua broke into my house, stole my sneakers and made my pet cat pregnant, but it's all pretty much a waste of bandwidth without some proof.

the point is that this thread wasnt about the mr o. it was about asian bodybuilding.

if the IFBB really cared about corruption it would be an easy thing for several of the asian federations to go the IFBB to put forward evidence and have chiuauaua banned and possibly subjected to criminal investigation. but as the federations have bribed chiuaua, they would be digging their own grave too lol.

so my guess is nothing happens.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2007, 07:59:40 AM »
the point is that this thread wasnt about the mr o. it was about asian bodybuilding.

if the IFBB really cared about corruption it would be an easy thing for several of the asian federations to go the IFBB to put forward evidence and have chiuauaua banned and possibly subjected to criminal investigation. but as the federations have bribed chiuaua, they would be digging their own grave too lol.

nothing happens because there is no evidence to substantiate the claims. just some pissed off windbags shooting off.

top brass at the ifbb like jim manion begged milos to find some proof to back his claims and waited almost a year for him to get it. after a full fucking year of promising to come up with the goods 'any second now' they finally realised that he was full of shit (what a surprise ::)) and had to suspend him.

i have no love for the ifbb but how stupid would it be for them to order an investigation into one of it's oldest and most respected members (in asia) based on the ramblings of a fruit cake whos ego wouldn't permit him to simply apologise for losing his nanna at the world championships.

what i do find hard to believe is that chua hasn't slapped a suit for defamation on milos' ass already. i sure as hell would have.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2007, 08:10:46 AM »
i wont comment further on the chiuauua situation.

regarding milos, he always finds something to blame. altho he is correct about some things such as the poor judging in the IFBB and lack of comparisons during competitions.

milos likes to think (and project) of himself as some kind of bodybuilding doctor, with science on his side. but most of the stuff he is advocating is ineffective bullshit.  of course, drugs will make alot of bullshit routines work.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2007, 09:25:38 AM »

For some reason those nutballs in the Persian Gulf states are really into bodybuilding, and a lot of them have more money than brains.

Are you saying that persians dearly appreciate a muscular man in a thong?
HAHA, RON.....

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2007, 09:30:27 AM »
Are you saying that persians dearly appreciate a muscular man in a thong?

good way to disguise homo activities.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2007, 08:47:02 AM »
No one really cares.  Why would they publish it?

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2007, 12:04:38 PM »
What's really going to happen?  Big fat nothing!! 
It was reported somewhere that Chua and Ben Weider are very good friends (BFF).  To what extent?  Time will tell if Ben had any gains from Chua's corruption.  That's probably the reason why the investigation is taking so long...if there is an investigation.  But for the time being, Milos who witnessed and blew the whistle on Chua's corruption, is suspended for a year.  Nevertheless, asian atheletes are getting the courage to speak of Chua's long-time corruption.

Ben
Christmas presents from Chua will be replaced by a christmas card. Chua is still an IFBB (Asia) Official, regardless of his newly formed lower position.  The worst thing that can happen to Chua is to be taken off the federation completely; I doubt he'll be put in jail.  And the best thing is that you can still keep your friendship with the crook, and reminice of the good old times.

Frank D. Law

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2007, 02:53:28 PM »
Top brass like Jim Manion and even Rafael Santonjaare in it with Paul Chua.  That is the only explanation for the obscene haste of the IFBB Pro League to suspend Milos and dispose of his appeal!  Milos' diciplinary proceedings were a sham from the get-go!

Whilst we are arguing on this, Paul Chua just goes merrily along fixing contests.  Of the five BB's from the USA in the recent IFBB Men's World BB Championship in Jeju, S. Korea (Asian again), only one made it to 9th placing (C. Faildo).  The rest placed as low as 15th, with one finishing dead last! 

I say that Paul Chua's dirty fingerprints can be found all over the results!
Go to www.arrestpaulchua.com and join the crusade to clean up the sport of bodybuilding!

Remember, boxing went through the exact same convolutions of match-fixing and it took Congressional Hearings to finally drive the crooks out and clean up the sport!  Just as is the case now, opponents to the Congressional Hearings asked for "concrete proof", but that did not stop Congress from acting against the crooks and the alphabet soup organizations in boxing!

Millions of Dollars have changed hands and careers are destroyed so that these crooks who administer our sport can enjoy their ill gotten gains with impunity!  I call on Congress to act now to haul up Paul Chua and the dodgy officials in the IFBB to clean up our beloved sport of BB once and for all!!

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2007, 03:09:26 PM »
you don't understand asian national psychology.  if you did, you wouldn't have made that post.  try reading and studying.  then come back.
Fuck reading and studying, try living in Asia and you will know you are very wrong in your assumptions. 

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2007, 03:11:45 PM »

As what nomally happens with corruption in Asia.

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2007, 05:32:33 PM »
Top brass like Jim Manion and even Rafael Santonjaare in it with Paul Chua.  That is the only explanation for the obscene haste of the IFBB Pro League to suspend Milos and dispose of his appeal!  Milos' diciplinary proceedings were a sham from the get-go!

Whilst we are arguing on this, Paul Chua just goes merrily along fixing contests.  Of the five BB's from the USA in the recent IFBB Men's World BB Championship in Jeju, S. Korea (Asian again), only one made it to 9th placing (C. Faildo).  The rest placed as low as 15th, with one finishing dead last! 

I say that Paul Chua's dirty fingerprints can be found all over the results!
Go to www.arrestpaulchua.com and join the crusade to clean up the sport of bodybuilding!

Remember, boxing went through the exact same convolutions of match-fixing and it took Congressional Hearings to finally drive the crooks out and clean up the sport!  Just as is the case now, opponents to the Congressional Hearings asked for "concrete proof", but that did not stop Congress from acting against the crooks and the alphabet soup organizations in boxing!

Millions of Dollars have changed hands and careers are destroyed so that these crooks who administer our sport can enjoy their ill gotten gains with impunity!  I call on Congress to act now to haul up Paul Chua and the dodgy officials in the IFBB to clean up our beloved sport of BB once and for all!!

But eventhough Jim Manion is with the NPC federation, he too is also capitalising on the atheletes, unfairly; with a chunk of their percentage, being paid to him; and btw, he is playing this game legally.  He's making a lot from his female atheletes, especially (pimp!).  One day these women will have the courage to take him on.   As it is with Chua, Jim can influence his ladies' placements; and that can be a seen a threat or benefit to their carreer, in this industry, depending how they play.   I do believe that Jim Manion has a lot of influence in the industry, enough to cause a rippling effect to the IFBB federation, IFBB atheletes, and IFBB events.  He is really good at scrupples, and staying safe within legalities. 

Frank D. Law

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2007, 07:36:05 PM »
The vote count continues to climb.  As of this point in time, 1,004 voters (93%) voted FOR and those voting AGAINST remains at 75 (7%) in the POLL: "Should Paul Chua be Arrested?"

The Official Paul Chua fan club site www.arrestpaulchua.com is open for you to make your voice heard.  Place your votes

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2007, 08:17:55 PM »
Where the hell did all these asian supporters on getbig come from?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2007, 08:20:16 PM »
I don't know who Paul Chua is, but I did see next year's IFBB Asian Games championship title listed on ebay.
Ron: "I am lazy."