Author Topic: Question for Bob Chic - Do the fans matter?  (Read 3170 times)

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
Re: Question for Bob Chic - Do the fans matter?
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 04:09:26 PM »
Elite Schmoe? Why don't you tell me what kind of classifications there are of schmoes, what exactly is your defination of a schmoe, and so on.

LOLOL

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 04:13:08 PM »
Fans do matter. They voice their opinions at the shows, and on various boards. Of course, with Jay winning the Olympia this year, not at his best, there is an outcry and everyone listens. Whether or not they agree with it something different. It will be interesting to hear what Chick has to say in terms of Jay winning the contest.

Whenever it is close, there will always be a lot of people who don't agree with the decision. Like this year, it occured at the Mr. O contest when Flex should of beat Ronnie in 1998. Or Kevin should of beat Ronnie in 2002. Or even Jay should of beat Ronnie in 2001.  In each of these results, there was an outcry by fans who voiced their displeasure.

We should remember that not all of the judges voted for Jay in first place. It was very close.

ron, it wasnt very close. jay wasnt even close to the mr o titel.

why have you become so afraid of the truth? so politically correct?

Mons Venus

Re: Question for Bob Chic-Do the fans matter?
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 04:15:15 PM »

To answer why we have the decision we do from the Olympia................. ............

tune in the PBW MON, LIVE.......as I explain exactly how the judging works and why Jay/ Vic placed where they did!!

Short Answer: MuscleTech sponsors Jay.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 07:25:48 PM »
I cna tell you first hand as judge of many years , that when it is close, the final call is always controversial.
Bodybuilding is pretty subjective and this years call would have lots of naysayers no matter who won among the top guys.

Problem is, it really wasn't close at all. Jay should not have been in the top 5. Dex, Wolf, Ronnie, Vic, and Melvin Anthony all looked better. Dex and Wolf, especially so. Either of those two should have won it

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 11:47:10 PM »
Elite Schmoe? Why don't you tell me what kind of classifications there are of schmoes, what exactly is your defination of a schmoe, and so on.

bump for great answer  LOL

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: Question for Bob Chic-Do the fans matter?
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2007, 01:38:08 AM »
To answer simply...yes, of course the fans matter.

To answer why we have the decision we do from the Olympia................. ............

tune in the PBW MON, LIVE.......as I explain exactly how the judging works and why Jay/ Vic placed where they did!!

Chick, have you seen Bizzy's Arnold Classic '96 post?

If so, how do you feel it compares to the 2007 Olympia show?
Thread Killer

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2007, 08:01:44 AM »
Problem is, it really wasn't close at all. Jay should not have been in the top 5. Dex, Wolf, Ronnie, Vic, and Melvin Anthony all looked better. Dex and Wolf, especially so. Either of those two should have won it

In my opinion it was VERY close and each of the top guys had their strengths and weakness.
Wolf looked better than Jay in a most muscular and standing in the line up , but beats him from the back and in overall leg/calf poses. Victor looked unbeatable in side shots and Dex has incredible ripped, rock hard cuts.
Ronnie looked to be well off his previous winning form and did not belong in the top 5
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2007, 10:20:06 AM »
There's a simple solution to all this:

Get rid of the schmoe-fraternity of judges entirely.  Now that most shows are webcast, let the fans decide... who needs this panel of mostly gay middle-aged men deciding things anyway?  The BB.com "fans choice award" should be the official result in shows.

Democracy almost always produces better results (or at least more satisfaction with results) than oligarchies.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2007, 12:18:01 PM »

Get rid of the schmoe-fraternity of judges entirely.  Now that most shows are webcast, let the fans decide... who needs this panel of mostly gay middle-aged men deciding things anyway?  The BB.com "fans choice award" should be the official result in shows.

Democracy almost always produces better results (or at least more satisfaction with results) than oligarchies.
That "Sounds" likea good idea

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2007, 12:30:05 PM »

agreed, let the fans decide. are you listening gutler, your arrogant SOB?  ;)

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2007, 03:05:08 PM »
In my opinion it was VERY close and each of the top guys had their strengths and weakness.
Wolf looked better than Jay in a most muscular and standing in the line up , but beats him from the back and in overall leg/calf poses. Victor looked unbeatable in side shots and Dex has incredible ripped, rock hard cuts.
Ronnie looked to be well off his previous winning form and did not belong in the top 5

well, I disagree. Jay was way off. He was actually kind of fat- not just holding water. It was not close

brad_74

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2007, 06:05:25 PM »
Fans do matter. They voice their opinions at the shows, and on various boards. Of course, with Jay winning the Olympia this year, not at his best, there is an outcry and everyone listens. Whether or not they agree with it something different. It will be interesting to hear what Chick has to say in terms of Jay winning the contest.

Whenever it is close, there will always be a lot of people who don't agree with the decision. Like this year, it occured at the Mr. O contest when Flex should of beat Ronnie in 1998. Or Kevin should of beat Ronnie in 2002. Or even Jay should of beat Ronnie in 2001.  In each of these results, there was an outcry by fans who voiced their displeasure.

We should remember that not all of the judges voted for Jay in first place. It was very close.

Man, could you be any more boring?  I hate when you post becuase it is all so PC.  You should create a gimmick account to post under so its not so boring.