Author Topic: The Real Deal on IFBB Judging  (Read 10142 times)

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: The Real Deal on IFBB Judging
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 02:49:22 PM »
1.  Do you judge solely on the quality of the physique or do you give a competitor credit for "paying their dues?"

2.  At what point do you take off points for gyno.  Seems alot of amateur competitors in the Cali contest were suffering from it big time but weren't marked down significantly.
Paying your dues has no place in physique evaluation. Any judge who indulges in this practice should be removed from the panel. Competitors should be marked down for gyno since it distorts the quality of the body.

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 02:51:59 PM »
Is there opportunity as an IFBB judge to benefit monetarily from placings?
Not from my own experience.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 03:10:53 PM »
Not from my own experience.

Did you ever know of any of your peers to benefit financially from their scoring?

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 03:13:08 PM »
Did you ever know of any of your peers to benefit financially from their scoring?
NO

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2007, 03:17:37 PM »
Paying your dues has no place in physique evaluation. Any judge who indulges in this practice should be removed from the panel. Competitors should be marked down for gyno since it distorts the quality of the body.

I guess you didn't preside over the 1998 Olympia then lol

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2007, 03:34:12 PM »
Why are the lesser-ranked judges on a panel so swayed by the head and secondary judge's opinions?  Is the influence merely the result of human nature, or do the far-seated judges know that their placing needs to be somewhat in alignment with that of the head judge to secure their future panel positions?   

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2007, 03:37:17 PM »
What is you real name, you can PM to me.

Did Wayne D ever told you that if you not cooperate with him on the placing you will never judge agent?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2007, 03:38:42 PM »
Why are the lesser-ranked judges on a panel so swayed by the head and secondary judge's opinions?  Is the influence merely the result of human nature, or do the far-seated judges know that their placing needs to be somewhat in alignment with that of the head judge to secure their future panel positions?   

They do look for consistency in judges they usually remove a judge of his or hers pick is vastly different from all the others.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2007, 03:40:18 PM »

That's very good point Jeff. D
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2007, 03:43:13 PM »
Many times the panel has made up their minds as to who the top two or three are in a particular round,so competitors may not be called again. As for who I am ,my name is John Calascione and have nothing to hide.

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2007, 03:49:16 PM »
What was the last Pro Show you did judge?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2007, 03:50:10 PM »

Since he is kind enough to answer SERIOUS questions, be nice!

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2007, 03:56:02 PM »
Did Wayne D ever told you that if you not cooperate with him on the placing you will never judge agent?

So you not answering because is true?

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2007, 03:57:52 PM »
Judges sometimes have a difficult time . Not so much with the top 5 most of the time, but there can be wide disparity in places below that. Of course I have met some judges who just didn't have a clue. You'd be surprised at how difficult it can sometimes be to put together a solid panel.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2007, 03:58:07 PM »
Since he is kind enough to answer SERIOUS questions, be nice!

so he is for real then?

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2007, 03:59:17 PM »
Judges sometimes have a difficult time . Not so much with the top 5 most of the time, but there can be wide disparity in places below that. Of course I have met some judges who just didn't have a clue. You'd be surprised at how difficult it can sometimes be to put together a solid panel.

who do you think won the mr olympia 1981, 94, 95,96,97 ?

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2007, 03:59:52 PM »
Back when you were judging was there any dicussion or disagreement among judges about how to place an athlete sporting a gut?

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2007, 04:03:04 PM »
I have known Wayne for nearly 30 years and has NEVER made any such threat or comment to me

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2007, 04:05:33 PM »
Back when you were judging was there any dicussion or disagreement among judges about how to place an athlete sporting a gut?

Of course was, and if you did`t go with Wayne`s decision Wayne would not lat you to judge agent.  Ask Gaspari if you don`t believe me.

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2007, 04:08:48 PM »
Absolutely. There were times when we had some pretty strong disagreements amongst each other. Remember while wer'e always trying to pick the best, sometimes our own ideals influence us.

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 04:09:01 PM »
John Calascione

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 04:09:35 PM »
who do you think won the mr olympia 1981, 94, 95,96,97 ?

1995? lmfao 1997 sure the rest no contest.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 04:10:32 PM »
Chris Cormier just told me about being allowed to sit up front at this year's Mr. Olympia in conjunction with his Flex hosting duties and said that judging from the head table must be a whole different ballgame than judging from 50-100 feet back, because he was blown away by the different areas of detail that tend to get your attention from up that close that he wasn't used to factoring into his decisions before.  Would you agree?  

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 04:14:45 PM »
Of course was, and if you did`t go with Wayne`s decision Wayne would not lat you to judge agent.  Ask Gaspari if you don`t believe me.
Try and undrstand this . Wayne never had anything to do with the results of a contest. He may have strongly disagreed with the panel, but that was it. Sounds as if you have a great deal of misinformation.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 04:17:49 PM »
Try and undrstand this . Wayne never had anything to do with the results of a contest. He may have strongly disagreed with the panel, but that was it. Sounds as if you have a great deal of misinformation.

Exactly these guys want to believe what they want to believe and anything to the contrary can't possibly be right .