Author Topic: The Real Deal on IFBB Judging  (Read 10211 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: The Real Deal on IFBB Judging
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 04:22:03 PM »
1995? lmfao 1997 sure the rest no contest.

do you ever post anything that isnt related to dorian?

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 04:22:27 PM »
Chris Cormier just told me about being allowed to sit up front at this year's Mr. Olympia in conjunction with his Flex hosting duties and said that judging from the head table must be a whole different ballgame than judging from 50-100 feet back, because he was blown away by the different areas of detail that tend to get your attention from up that close that he wasn't used to factoring into his decisions before.  Would you agree?  
Chris is absolutely right. Sitting at the judges table gives you a much different perspective than sitting ten rows back.
You have the opportunity to really evaluate a physique for a long period of time . I have seen competitors melt before my very eyes , while some look better as the day goes on.

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 04:27:52 PM »
Since he is kind enough to answer SERIOUS questions, be nice!

Thanks Ron

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »

do you ever post anything that isnt related to dorian?

Yes it just happens YOU ONLY pay attention to the things that do  ;) amd if you think Yates should have lost in 1995 you haven't the slightest comprehension of competitive bodybuilding .

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »
Ron give this man his blue stars. We finally have somebody that has first hand knowledge about the judging procedures, that might shed some light on some mysteries.. :)
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 04:43:13 PM »
Try and undrstand this . Wayne never had anything to do with the results of a contest. He may have strongly disagreed with the panel, but that was it. Sounds as if you have a great deal of misinformation.

I don`t believe that, for example in one of the Russian Grand Ps tow judges had Milos 4 th and one judge had him at 3th place, than Wayne changed the placing and Milos was placed 8th, in 2002 at a pro show Wayne changed the rules in the last minute the promoter told Wayne that hi can`t do that his respond was I can do anything I want.
And is much more.

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 04:47:02 PM »
Try and undrstand this . Wayne never had anything to do with the results of a contest. He may have strongly disagreed with the panel, but that was it. Sounds as if you have a great deal of misinformation.

I believe that you try to be honest but pleas don't say that Wayne never had anything to do with placing, just say you don't know that makes you look better.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2007, 04:48:26 PM »
I don`t believe that, for example in one of the Russian Grand Ps tow judges had Milos 4 th and one judge had him at 3th place, than Wayne changed the placing and Milos was placed 8th, in 2002 at a pro show Wayne changed the rules in the last minute the promoter told Wayne that hi can`t do that his respond was I can do anything I want.
And is much more.

Not be a dickhead but how do you know all this ...were you there? Honest question...
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2007, 04:50:12 PM »
Not be a dickhead but how do you know all this ...were you there? Honest question...

Yes.

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2007, 04:53:05 PM »
Yes.

Milos please confirm the Russian incident.

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2007, 05:01:11 PM »
I believe that you try to be honest but pleas don't say that Wayne never had anything to do with placing, just say you don't know that makes you look better.
This is one of the reasons I hesitated to start this thread. I will not indulge in bashing or entertaining any sour grapes on what sounds like one of the judges who didn't have a clue!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2007, 05:12:24 PM »
Ron give this man his blue stars. We finally have somebody that has first hand knowledge about the judging procedures, that might shed some light on some mysteries.. :)

Seconded.

This is good stuff and I would respectfully ask the "characters" here to not fuck up a good resource for a change

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2007, 05:19:02 PM »
This is one of the reasons I hesitated to start this thread. I will not indulge in bashing or entertaining any sour grapes on what sounds like one of the judges who didn't have a clue!

Please continue , I know 99% of the people who post are completely ignorant of exactly how the judging works thats why so many buy into fixed contests and conspiracy theories , they base everything on their own personal preference and not on the established criteria , but please don't let these guys discourage you .

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2007, 05:22:39 PM »
why do the judges tolerate abdominal distension?

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2007, 05:24:57 PM »
Do you think most of the IFBB judges (at least stateside) read the message boards? 

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2007, 05:25:05 PM »
Please continue , I know 99% of the people who post are completely ignorant of exactly how the judging works thats why so many buy into fixed contests and conspiracy theories , they base everything on their own personal preference and not on the established criteria , but please don't let these guys discourage you .
Thanks for the vote of confidence D. It's nice to know that there are people out there who are interested in finding out the truth. I have judged so many shows over the years that they sometimes become a bit of a blur. I promise to maintain my integrity.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2007, 05:25:40 PM »
why do the judges tolerate abdominal distension?

Good Question

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2007, 05:26:27 PM »
Do most of the IFBB judges you know indicate that they read the bodybuilding message boards?  (Getbig)  ;D
I doubt it

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2007, 05:28:48 PM »
here is a serious question:

how can someone with torn asymmetrical biceps be given a perfect score in the symmetry round? eg. dorian yates 94+.

is the symmetry round simply a gift?
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2007, 05:29:27 PM »
Do you have to bring that bullshit here, seriously?

Great post !

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2007, 05:29:37 PM »
Were you on any of the panels that denied Shawn Ray an Olympia victory?  How did you vote?  

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2007, 05:30:13 PM »
Good Question
I hate the look of the distended abdomen. I think it has truly set bodybuilding back. It may be one of the reasons attendance has fallen off so greatly.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2007, 05:30:47 PM »
Do you have to bring that bullshit here, seriously?

yes, because ND goes around with his nose up in the air acting like he is the only one on this board that knows anything and the rest of us are all idiots.

and it pisses me off.

you and me are both included in his stupid 99.9% of people are ignorant and only I am right bullshit.

the guy needs a lesson in reality.

he thinks everyone is stupid and we are NOT.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2007, 05:32:15 PM »
here is a serious question:

how can someone with torn asymmetrical biceps be given a perfect score in the symmetry round? eg. dorian yates 94+.

is the symmetry round simply a gift?

Your ignorance shines through ( again ) if you know how judging works you'd know ALL ROUNDS are physique rounds , symmetry is NOT judged as a separate and distinct element from the other criteria hence why someone like Dorian can win over more ' symmetrical ' guys in the ' symmetry ' round more to symmetry than just left/right exactness .

Etrain

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2007, 05:33:07 PM »
lonewolf:  How did Bob Chick get 1st in this contest while Rusty Jeffers came in 8th?  Why weren’t they called out together? 

2006 Masters Pro World - IFBB
1     Bob Cicherillo
2     Johnny Stewart
3     Pavol Jablonicky
4     Claude Groulx
5     Stan McCrary
6     Nathan Wonsley
7     John Simmons
8     Rusty Jeffers
9     Joseph Palumbo
10     Alberto Bistocchi
11     Daryl Stafford

It must be because of the GAY MUSTACHE. . .sorry, that thing has to go. . .holy shit, what was he thinking????!?