Author Topic: Cardio...  (Read 1679 times)

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
Cardio...
« on: October 26, 2007, 07:04:34 AM »
Pick any issue of MD or Flex, and in that same magazine you hear some pros saying they do cardio first thing in the morning without eating anything first, and some other do it after they have a protein-only meal ( talking about contest mode)....

i know the whole " your body has fasted thee whole night " and all that stuff... which one do you prefer and specially WHY? any mods got any links to any studies?  the last thing i have at night is a 40g casein protein shake, so i have protein for the time im sleeping, and i only sleep around 6 hrs a night, and i used to have a 30g whey shake first thing in the morning.. im thinking of doing the cardio first and then have the shake.

jondy

• Getbig I
Re: Cardio...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 10:34:31 AM »
It has always worked for me to do cardio first thing before consuming anything. I know some people will take a fat burner before morning cardio, but it doesn't agree with my stomach. You could try some bcaa and/or glutamine before to help protect the muscle.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 11:08:45 AM »
i rather have a little something before i do cardio, feels better and gives me a little energy
Z

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 02:19:54 PM »
I do cardio after I train................glu cose and glycogen are depleted from training and it`s a great time to tap into burning fat stores.

Anytime you can do it,as long as you do it,is fine actually.