Author Topic: FOX News Poll: Half of Voters Eye Candidates' Abortion Stance  (Read 4070 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: FOX News Poll: Half of Voters Eye Candidates' Abortion Stance
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2007, 06:12:05 PM »
unfortunately i see legalizing abortion as the lesser of 2 problems.  I also can't worry too much about what other people are doing to their own morality.  I can only worry about the people in my life.  My bother recently got his girlfriend pregnant and was asking for money so he could pay for an abortion.  He's in a awful position financially to have a child.   I told him no way and that he must have the child and rise up to the responsibility.  My Dad said the  same thing, my mom however, a stout catholic, said privately he should abort.  Of all the people i didn't expect that from her, but women can be ruthlessly practical at times.   After some time he decided to keep the child.  My mom, now, is glad he made that decision.

My point with this story is that i can effect people directly NOT to have abortions, but to try an tell groups of people how to live regarding abortion is wasted effort and people will still do it anyway and legalizing it will only cause more problems.
I see and accept you POV, especially on the difficulty of abortion but I still disagree with its legalization.  Agree to disagree I guess but I enjoyed the discussion.  But a good point from your post is this, nobody really tries to influence these women indirectly.  That is a shame that there are not more people out there like you, both formally and informally because many women could save a life by having a voice of reason. 
Squishy face retard

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2007, 06:18:50 PM »
I see and accept you POV, especially on the difficulty of abortion but I still disagree with its legalization.  Agree to disagree I guess but I enjoyed the discussion.  But a good point from your post is this, nobody really tries to influence these women indirectly.  That is a shame that there are not more people out there like you, both formally and informally because many women could save a life by having a voice of reason. 

Thanks.  Good discussion.   I agree, there should be more people to influence others.  And i also agree or think that there isn't becuase the message society has been sending takes away from values like these.  Whether that's the liberals or not, making the right decisions often aren't reinforced in the media, (TV, movies, etc..) that influences the public.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2007, 06:30:47 PM »
And sex makes babies, unless you are a test tube baby.  Sex, protected or not, always has the potential to make babies unless one of the parties is sterile. 

And often, that fertilized egg is an unintended side effect. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2007, 06:32:10 PM »
Yeah I believe that the country in which I live should not support abortion. 

As far as legality, if they do it illegally then that is there problem but it should not be condoned by ANY government.

Just so we're clear, you should keep in mind that your country has *no* problem wish state-sponsored murder. 

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2007, 08:10:09 PM »
Just so we're clear, you should keep in mind that your country has *no* problem wish state-sponsored murder. 
Executing murderers and killing an innocent unborn child are not even in the same ballpark. They're not even the same sport.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2007, 11:06:30 PM »
And often, that fertilized egg is an unintended side effect. 

Yes some babies are a surprise.  I know all about that.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2007, 11:07:59 PM »
Executing murderers and killing an innocent unborn child are not even in the same ballpark. They're not even the same sport.

Different channel, different city, etc., etc.  No comparison.