Author Topic: Protein - Info - If you REALLY want to know!  (Read 62390 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Protein ~ If you REALLY want to know!
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2010, 08:09:05 AM »
Look guys, maybe he's being hard-headed.  But the guy is trying to do what he needs to get done, because I'm not gonna lie, being that fat is morbidly obese, meaning I'm surprised he hasn't died yet.  Let's give him some support, a reason to go on, because frankly, at his size, I would see no hope.  But the guy's still on here meaning he wants to do something about it.  Look, fatpanda, we're willing to help you, not me, because I'm a newb still, until I gain decent muscular size.  In our books, it's do or don't, not explain this, explain that, though I do sometimes feel the need to argue why the hell we need 250 g of protein at 170 lb.  At the end of the day, it's contructing your diet or setting up a good training routine, and allowing adequate rest in sleep, supplements, AND, notice I said and, food.  Sure, you could try to do it without whey protein, but most of us need whey for convenience, and to lower our bill(meat is expensive and you can't eat eggs day in and day out, at least many of them)  So concentrate on those, and forget the rest.   

I agree with this...protein is overrated...just eat and work out and sleep.  Take in a few protein shakes here and there and u will be fine...if you are constantly ingesting protein you are pissing it away in the toilet

jordyb80

• Getbig II
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2010, 09:37:10 AM »
I agree, I think eating healthy and getting your protein sources mainly from whole foods is the best option

chess315

« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2011, 12:03:42 PM »
I think a 1g pre lb is right for a natural or at least close. I think someone juiced to the gills needs 1.5 or a lil higher per lb I have read almost all the studies to they will take you in a circle.  Science does not even attempt to answer the question in our setting

Stallone

• Getbig I
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2011, 04:59:26 PM »
Link is off?

bertl

• Getbig I
Re: Protein - Info - If you REALLY want to know!
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2013, 02:47:18 PM »
I kind of figured there was a protein limit in a given time period.  I usually try and space out protein intake throughout the day.  So far it's been working pretty well.  I obviously try and get my best meal right after working out because even my college coach says it's the best time ha.

http://www.bodyathleticsblog.com
"Fitness Through the Eyes of a Swimmer"

cj11

• Getbig I
Re: Protein - Info - If you REALLY want to know!
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2013, 05:37:17 PM »
I keep seeing people saying "1gram per lb"... you telling me a 400 lb dude need 400 grams of protein >? No.
1 gram per lb of LBM is more realistic, not total body mass. Fat doesn't count for shit