Author Topic: WORK TOWARDS THE IMPOSSIBLE....no gravity suits required  (Read 5839 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
WORK TOWARDS THE IMPOSSIBLE....no gravity suits required
« on: November 01, 2007, 11:47:26 AM »
Gravity is high enough as it is.  try to lift your leg in any direction to horizontal without letting your body drift the opposite way.  try to squat to parallel with letting your knees or torso come forward.  try to pullup without letting your elbows drift past the bar or out to the sides.

It's impossible but trying to do it (or other similar movements) is the best possible (anaerobic) workout and no weights are required

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: WORK TOWARDS THE IMPOSSIBLE....no gravity suits required
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 12:27:10 PM »
as a general note, if you weigh as much as a dumbbell that a lot of guys here use for benching, you probably shouldn't try to tell everyone what the best anaerobic exercise is.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 12:33:32 PM »
as a general note, if you weigh as much as a dumbbell that a lot of guys here use for benching, you probably shouldn't try to tell everyone what the best anaerobic exercise is.

ouch.
nasser=piece of shit

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 12:35:22 PM »

Gravitational potential energy is not elastic potential energy dude  :D

affy

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 01:27:43 PM »
lol

meso benched two shiftedShapes for 10 reps in his new video

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 01:53:06 PM »

why?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 02:00:42 PM »
Gravitational potential energy is not elastic potential energy dude  :D

good point, hopefully it is not lost on them.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 02:12:59 PM »
why?

because it means you probably don't know what you're talking about. you have no results to go with your theories. you're 145 pounds. if i had one of you sit on either end of an olympic bar that'd be my last heavy set on bench days. it'd be like listening to a guy with a 45 inch waist about the most effective methods of cardio.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 02:17:06 PM »
Gravity is high enough as it is.  try to lift your leg in any direction to horizontal without letting your body drift the opposite way.  try to squat to parallel with letting your knees or torso come forward.  try to pullup without letting your elbows drift past the bar or out to the sides.

It's impossible but trying to do it (or other similar movements) is the best possible (anaerobic) workout and no weights are required
Yeah, you do that, I'm going to the gym.  I'd take a wild guess and say my results would own any anaerobic horseshit or core ball movements.  Not arguing that they are semi-effective in getting tone, etc.  For real gains though, nothing beats lifting weights with some intensity and a tight white Under Armour shirt. ;D
N

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 02:18:16 PM »
because it means you probably don't know what you're talking about. you have no results to go with your theories. you're 145 pounds. if i had one of you sit on either end of an olympic bar that'd be my last heavy set on bench days. it'd be like listening to a guy with a 45 inch waist about the most effective methods of cardio.

This would be a good argument if I presented my theories as a means of gaining weight.  This is not the case so your response is a nonsequitor.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 02:20:36 PM »
Yeah, you do that, I'm going to the gym.  I'd take a wild guess and say my results would own any anaerobic horseshit or core ball movements.  Not arguing that they are semi-effective in getting tone, etc.  For real gains though, nothing beats lifting weights with some intensity and a tight white Under Armour shirt. ;D

What does this have to do my theory?  Instead of attacking strawmen like core balls, why don't you try understanding what I'm saying before you dismiss it.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 02:27:58 PM »
This would be a good argument if I presented my theories as a means of gaining weight.  This is not the case so your response is a nonsequitor.

you presented your arguments as an effective anaerobic exercise. if you can tell me what one is doing anaerobic exercise for instead of to gain weight or gain strength, i'd like to know. and on that merit, your theory is pretty shit.

by the way, a "non-sequitur" is when a conclusion does not follow its previous statements. since my conclusion certainly did, it was not an example of such. even if i was wrong, it wouldn't have been a non-sequitur because that refers to a logical fallacy, not a conclusion based upon incorrect assumptions.

if you're going to use big words, make sure you spell them right, know what they mean, and are 100% certain you're using them properly. ::)

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 02:29:59 PM »

I disagree.  When I switched to a TapOut shirt, I instantly gained 30 lbs on my bench.  The addition of a guido chain added another 10 on top of that.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 02:36:57 PM »
you presented your arguments as an effective anaerobic exercise. if you can tell me what one is doing anaerobic exercise for instead of to gain weight or gain strength, i'd like to know. and on that merit, your theory is pretty shit.

by the way, a "non-sequitur" is when a conclusion does not follow its previous statements. since my conclusion certainly did, it was not an example of such. even if i was wrong, it wouldn't have been a non-sequitur because that refers to a logical fallacy, not a conclusion based upon incorrect assumptions.

if you're going to use big words, make sure you spell them right, know what they mean, and are 100% certain you're using them properly. ::)

it is to gain strength.

and your response was a nonsequitor with respect to my statement.  Also why is my spelling important?  You know what I'm talking about, our goal here is discussion of my training theory that is the topic, so your introduction of spelling issues is also a nonsequitor.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 02:38:01 PM »
I disagree.  When I switched to a TapOut shirt, I instantly gained 30 lbs on my bench.  The addition of a guido chain added another 10 on top of that.

try a sleavless wet look silk shirt with that.  You'll be pro in no time

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 05:51:27 PM »

I do that everyday (sometimes twice) when I have to wipe my butt ;D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 05:59:32 PM »
it is to gain strength.

and your response was a nonsequitor with respect to my statement.  Also why is my spelling important?  You know what I'm talking about, our goal here is discussion of my training theory that is the topic, so your introduction of spelling issues is also a nonsequitor.

and once again, considering you weigh as much as a dumbbell a lot of us use to bench, that means you probably don't have much to show for your "theory". how strong are you? how much strength has your idea added? can you even tell, given that you're using no weights and simply putting yourself in imbalanced positions?

secondly, i bring up your spelling not just to harp on your spelling, dingbat. i'm pointing out that you're pretending to be smarter than you are and using words you don't understand well enough to be using.

a non-sequitur isn't simply an unrelated statement unless you're speaking in the comedic sense. in the case of debate, a non-sequitur is a logical fallacy in which one draws a conclusion that does not follow from the premises. for example, your entire argument is a non-sequitur because you claim that the fact that it's hard to hold your position when squatting without letting your knees drift forward or your upper body to bend over means it's a good anaerobic exercise.

while it's true that's difficult, it's only difficult because of balance, not because of difficulty by way of resistance. it's also difficult to stand sideways with your foot and shoulder against a wall and lift your other leg out. but it isn't a good exercise because all you're doing is putting yourself in a position in which you can't possibly balance. it's not even a case of an uneven load that requires stabilizers, it's just an impossible position to maintain.

so your conclusion does not follow from your premise. thus, YOU are guilty of the non-sequitur, not me.

thanks for playing.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 07:06:42 PM »
and once again, considering you weigh as much as a dumbbell a lot of us use to bench, that means you probably don't have much to show for your "theory". how strong are you? how much strength has your idea added? can you even tell, given that you're using no weights and simply putting yourself in imbalanced positions?

secondly, i bring up your spelling not just to harp on your spelling, dingbat. i'm pointing out that you're pretending to be smarter than you are and using words you don't understand well enough to be using.

a non-sequitur isn't simply an unrelated statement unless you're speaking in the comedic sense. in the case of debate, a non-sequitur is a logical fallacy in which one draws a conclusion that does not follow from the premises. for example, your entire argument is a non-sequitur because you claim that the fact that it's hard to hold your position when squatting without letting your knees drift forward or your upper body to bend over means it's a good anaerobic exercise.

while it's true that's difficult, it's only difficult because of balance, not because of difficulty by way of resistance. it's also difficult to stand sideways with your foot and shoulder against a wall and lift your other leg out. but it isn't a good exercise because all you're doing is putting yourself in a position in which you can't possibly balance. it's not even a case of an uneven load that requires stabilizers, it's just an impossible position to maintain.

so your conclusion does not follow from your premise. thus, YOU are guilty of the non-sequitur, not me.

thanks for playing.

FUCK, im glad someone owned this tool. he and adonis try to sound intelligent and everytime i ask adonis a serious question he backs out. this little tit along with leafy bug, candidate and a few others need to go to fuckign school and stop playing smart on the net.

what is your education magoo?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 07:14:30 PM »

FUCK, im glad someone owned this tool. he and adonis try to sound intelligent and everytime i ask adonis a serious question he backs out. this little tit along with leafy bug, candidate and a few others need to go to fuckign school and stop playing smart on the net.

what is your education magoo?
You are looking up to someone who has been in an out of mental institutions and has a self// sexual identity problem. I have competed. I have proven i know how to get lean. I am in college attaining a political science degree. These are my credentials. What are yours again? Passing gas while eating ding dongs and posting on getbig all day?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 07:46:15 PM »
You are looking up to someone who has been in an out of mental institutions and has a self// sexual identity problem. I have competed. I have proven i know how to get lean. I am in college attaining a political science degree. These are my credentials. What are yours again? Passing gas while eating ding dongs and posting on getbig all day?

man, now i was in mental institutionS? plural? shit i thought i already went over that. i had a drinking problem, went to the hospital for three days to get cleaned up, then came on and made up a story about being in the crazy house because i was 19 and for some reason that sounded "cool". yeah i'm an idiot. and besides, my sexual identity is for me to worry about, why do you care so much?

anyway, education? well i'm currently slogging my way to a poli-sci/english degree after getting bored with aerospace engineering (which put my graduation date way back, hooray for loans  :-\ ). i could go on about IQ and SATs but no one believes that shit and frankly standardized tests are fairly pointless to me.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 07:54:47 PM »
man, now i was in mental institutionS? plural? shit i thought i already went over that. i had a drinking problem, went to the hospital for three days to get cleaned up, then came on and made up a story about being in the crazy house because i was 19 and for some reason that sounded "cool". yeah i'm an idiot. and besides, my sexual identity is for me to worry about, why do you care so much?

anyway, education? well i'm currently slogging my way to a poli-sci/english degree after getting bored with aerospace engineering (which put my graduation date way back, hooray for loans  :-\ ). i could go on about IQ and SATs but no one believes that shit and frankly standardized tests are fairly pointless to me.

I wouldn't mind Queefy Slug if I were you.  Remember that this is the same fag who used to troll MD under a dozen different names and has a whopping 145 lb physique.  He fancies himself some sort of bodybuilding guru, all because he was able to get his arms down to 11" lean. ::)

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »

You just proved it. There is no set definition for intelligence. IQ is meaningless.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 08:00:38 PM »

i have already obtained one degree and am in med school you little slub.

i dont look up to him, but i know when someone is intelligent and whether or not they are pretending. Ive read magoo's shit before and he always was on point,. i dont look up to him, in fact if you read my histroy you'll see i flamed him many times. just saying, dude is intelligent.

but anyone that has anything to do with adonis is not

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 08:00:57 PM »
You just proved it. There is no set definition for intelligence. IQ is meaningless.

if there's no set definition, then why'd you ask him what his educational background is?

if there's no set definition, it shouldn't matter how many years of schooling either of you have, right?
Deep Tissue Massage

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2007, 08:03:23 PM »
I wouldn't mind Queefy Slug if I were you.  Remember that this is the same fag who used to troll MD under a dozen different names and has a whopping 145 lb physique.  He fancies himself some sort of bodybuilding guru, all because he was able to get his arms down to 11" lean. ::)
Everyone starts somewhere. I made it this far in 2 years. Just give me a little bit more time. In the mean time, why don't you post your pictures so we can compare. I am sure you are a BEAST!!!