Author Topic: PATRIOTS VS. COLTS, WHO YA GOT????????  (Read 22789 times)

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Re: PATRIOTS VS. COLTS, WHO YA GOT????????
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2007, 05:04:47 PM »
I don't look at it that way though. I think two great teams played, and in the end the pats overcame the Indy defense to win. Thats all.

I agree. They both are still the top two teams by far in my opinion. And it looks razor thin on who is better.

body88

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2007, 05:04:55 PM »
  I think the Indy Defense really brought their A game today..BIG TIME. Like you said I think they got tired and then the Pats  went right down their throat....but they were all that kept them in it the first half.

I agree. The indy d is very very good. I believe the pats are built to do what they did today. After awhile the colts undersized / faster players grow tired vs the bigger pats players. Then they cannot stop them.

On the flipside when the colts are using there speed / quickness to get quick 3 and outs they are almost impossible to stop since the colts O can score on anyone with long drives. The problem is the pats have a powerful offensive team making it hard to put them in a hole.

Its a double edges sword when you play a team with a Offense capable of sustaining long drives like the pats can. Colts needed to score more when they had the ball to make the gap to large for the pats to overcome. But once the colts d is on the field to long it's goodnight.

That said the colts are very capable of winning it all this year. Nothing but repsect for them.

body88

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2007, 05:06:01 PM »
I agree. They both are still the top two teams by far in my opinion. And it looks razor thin on who is better.

Cowboys are right there also. Trust me , I have respect for teams like the cowboys and the colts.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2007, 05:10:11 PM »
Great game.  I thought the Colts actually outplayed NE for much of the game.  Return game was a major factor.  Welker gave them some great field position in the second half.

Season is over as far as I'm concerned.  The Pats will probably have home field throughout the playoffs.  I doubt the Colts can beat them at NE in December.

body88

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2007, 05:10:59 PM »
Great game.  I thought the Colts actually outplayed NE for much of the game.  Return game was a major factor.  Welker gave them some great field position in the second half.

Season is over as far as I'm concerned.  The Pats will probably have home field throughout the playoffs.  I doubt the Colts can beat them at NE in December.

I agree , the pats looked like dog shat in the first half. It should be noted that 14 of the colts points came from very long, very bullshit pass interference calls tho. But on the same token the pats outplayed the colts in the second half. Imo Addai ran wild by design. Look at Beli when he was with the Giants when they beat the bills back in the day. He let Thurman Thomas have a huge game in order to take away the prolific passing game. Making them one dimensional. If you consider the fact the pats had 200 yards in penalties from there own sloppy play , this tactic worked well in the end. It has to be noted Addai had 80 of his yards on a blown play where he ran for the long score.

The pats played some sloppy football in the first half. Very uncharacteristic. Belichick will be fuming. Although the pats needed this. I don't care how much humble pie you eat , that sloppy penalty ridden half was inexcusable. Should bring em down to earth from all the media ballwashing.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2007, 05:13:13 PM »
If I were a Miami fan, I would slit my wrist knowing they gave up Welker.

To a division opponent no less.

What the hell?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2007, 05:16:12 PM »
  I doubt the Colts can beat them at NE in December.

I agree. Never happen..unless they put a roof on that place and heat it..lol

body88

« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2007, 05:17:09 PM »
If I were a Miami fan, I would slit my wrist knowing they gave up Welker.

To a division opponent no less.

What the hell?

I remember people laughing when the pats gave up a second rounder for him. Having watched him vs the pats I knew people would be like holy shit when they saw him.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2007, 05:17:28 PM »

Maybe Global Warming can give the Colts the advantage.

body88

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2007, 05:18:05 PM »

Indy has a fantastic running game. They will be in the game imo.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2007, 05:18:12 PM »
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. i LOVE THE SPIKE ON THE dOLT LOGO..FUCK EM. How is Brady arrogant...he wins and shuts the hell up. How many Manning comercials did u see during that game?...how many Brady...um NONE, why because its about rings and nothing else.They're averaging 38 yards a game in penalties until they come to the Polian dome.....how many bullshit calls did we see. There was no contact by anybody on the Moss pass Int..nobody.  Now all things being equal they will have to come to Foxboro.

Exactly, there were at least two calls that were simply made up. I think the ref. just felt like throwing the flag.

This win to me was more impressive than any of the blowouts. The Colts are clearly the second best team in the NFL and have a fantastic defense.

The Pats went to their home, the offense played like crap for 80% of the game yet when crunch time came they sucked it up and did what had to be done. Great, great win. I was wondering how the Pats would respond to adversity and they proved tonight that not only are they spectacularly good but they're also tough as nails.

This win only cements how much better they are than everyone else.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2007, 05:19:14 PM »

I remember people laughing when the pats gave up a second rounder for him. Having watched him vs the pats I knew people would be like holy shit when they saw him.

2nd round well spent. Welker is a stud. Stallworth has always intrigued me. All those receivers are just great fits up in New England.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2007, 05:22:56 PM »
That Moss one handed catch over the middle was absolutely RIDICULOUS. What a effin freak of nature.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2007, 05:24:38 PM »
That Moss one handed catch over the middle was absolutely RIDICULOUS. What a effin freak of nature.

All his catches over the middle he went for with one hand. He is such a puss.

He should stick to outs and deep balls.

body88

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2007, 06:19:19 PM »
Look at the box score, almost identical. Colts won the first half, Pats won the second half. Aside from the monster amount of penatly yards NE had, it was very even game.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=AgCKc9BbM3Toy29RzpynIEQisLYF?gid=20071104011

body88

« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2007, 04:33:29 AM »
Espn's Mike Sando has started to comment on the one sided nature of the offiiating in this game. I am not bitching, but its pretty clear someone wanted to screw the pats in that game. There where several more highly questionable calls, as well as the fact the colts where being allowed to MAUL the pats recievers while they where being very ticky tacky with the pats defensive players.

Another interference penalty hurts Pats

You don't have to be a Pats fan to appreciate complaints over a couple of pass-interference calls against New England in this game. The second penalty, called on Ellis Hobbs, did not seem warranted upon review (or even in real time). The NFL apologized for an interference call against Hobbs levied during the Colts' victory in the AFC title game last season. I'll be curious to see how officiating director Mike Pereira interprets this latest call. We've seen plays in this very game where there was far more contact, but no penalties.

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando from Indy

A few years ago, the Colts complained about the Patriots' rough tactics in pass defense. Today the Colts are getting every call down the field, including a few sure to generate debate. Officials just flagged Randy Moss for offensive interference in the end zone, but Moss' hands appeared to be in the air, awaiting the ball. Unless there was something earlier in the play, I did not see any infraction there. Another one for officiating director Mike Pereira to explain. If anyone out there saw the violation, please explain. I didn't see it.

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando from Indy

The Patriots haven't had to worry about officiating this season because they've been dominating opponents so thoroughly. Not so in this game. Tom Brady and Kevin Faulk clearly thought Colts linebacker Gary Brackett held Faulk on that third-down play here in the third quarter. I thought Brackett held with his left hand while trailing the play. We've already had a couple of questionable pass-interference penalties against New England well down the field.

The Patriots' margin for error is small against the Colts. They're still in good position, down only 13-7. But a few calls have made things tougher on them.

Mike FLorio of pft says the same. Adds in the aspect of the colts apparently pumping in crowd noise after they where warned by the NFL.

Quote:
3. Pats have every right to be upset

Though the New England Patriots got out of Indy with a win, the NFL's lone remaining unbeaten team has every right to be livid about the quality (or lack thereof) of the officiating. The worst calls involved cases of pass interference.

It started when Colts tight end Dallas Clark mauled Pats safety Rodney Harrison in the end zone on a ball Harrison might have been able to intercept. No call.

It continued when Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel was flagged for interfering with Colts receiver Anthony Gonzalez on a ball that was simply not catchable.

It happened again when New England corner Ellis Hobbs was flagged for interference after Indy wideout Reggie Wayne literally tackled him.

The worst call was made in the fourth quarter, with the Patriots driving and trailing by 10. From the Indianapolis 3, New England quarterback Tom Brady threw to Randy Moss in the end zone. When the dust settled, Moss was flagged for offensive pass interference, even though he did nothing that would remotely classify as offensive pass interference. While New England overcame the 10-yard penalty to score a touchdown, the victory was a lot more difficult than it should have been because of the questionable decisions of the officials.

So what gives? Was it sheer incompetence? Or have the Patriots become the equivalent of the Raiders in the eyes of the NFL and those who officiate its games?

4. Milli Vanilli moment in Indy?

In the past, teams that have visited the RCA Dome have questioned whether the Colts pipe in artificial crowd noise in an effort to disrupt the road team's offense. Though the Colts have denied any such chicanery (thanks, Tiki), the suspicions remain.

And the suspicions will only grow stronger after Sunday's game against the Patriots. During the first play of the fourth quarter, the noise from the crowd contained a strange effect. It almost sounded like my kid was working the "Whammy Bar" while playing Guitar Hero.

We don't know whether that noise could be heard in the stadium, but it was obvious on the television broadcast. And it invites speculation as to whether the Colts are indeed piping in phony music -- and whether there was a malfunction of some sort on Sunday that offered proof of it.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2007, 05:10:23 AM »

yes sir. That was awesome.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2007, 07:10:49 AM »
Not saying it would of mattered but the Colt's missed Harrison.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2007, 07:25:10 AM »
Now that I've calmed down  some thoughts.

Tom needs to be careful throwing into double coverage...he's gotten very used to throwing it up for Moss and is doing so with Stallworth, which isn't his game.

Where was AD...no mention of him.
Harrison was a force...no Dallas Clark 15 yards or something.
All the new weapons were a factor on offense.
I'd like to see the NFL appologize for the blown calls....it could have cost us the game and also validate our whining.  ;D
Faulk and Mauroney ran well and should be a factor in the bad weather
Welker is worth every penny or draft pick
Moss has surprised me going across the middle.

L

body88

« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2007, 07:55:09 AM »
Now that I've calmed down  some thoughts.

Tom needs to be careful throwing into double coverage...he's gotten very used to throwing it up for Moss and is doing so with Stallworth, which isn't his game.

Where was AD...no mention of him.
Harrison was a force...no Dallas Clark 15 yards or something.
All the new weapons were a factor on offense.
I'd like to see the NFL appologize for the blown calls....it could have cost us the game and also validate our whining.  ;D
Faulk and Mauroney ran well and should be a factor in the bad weather
Welker is worth every penny or draft pick
Moss has surprised me going across the middle.

I agree. That int was Stallworths fault tho. He got outplayed for the ball. Ad hurt his ankle in the Redskins game. Prob got sore when he was playing. Btw The NFL is looking into the piped in crowd noise issue.

I hope to hell Polian gets nailed.

LEAGUE LOOKING INTO CROWD NOISE PHENOMENON AT RCA DOME

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells us that the league is looking into the strange audio phenomenon that occurred near the start of the fourth quarter on Sunday between the Patriots at the Colts.

As explained by some Internet hack on SportingNews.com, the crowd noise made a strange vibrating sound (and then got considerably quieter) in the middle of a New England offensive play.

The audio is right here. (And to prove that we didn't doctor it, the same phenomenon can be heard at the 2:23 mark of the highlight package on NFL.com.)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2007, 08:03:30 AM »
The Pats board from the Boston Globe mentioned that WEEI is reporting that...good ok. What about having to challenge that catch where the guy obviously came down out of bounds. There were TWO officials right there..TWO. When Stallworth made that catch late in the game and was pushed out....I thought the officials said he was out. I screamed so loud my dog fled from the room.
L

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2007, 05:50:28 PM »

I agree. That int was Stallworths fault tho. He got outplayed for the ball. Ad hurt his ankle in the Redskins game. Prob got sore when he was playing. Btw The NFL is looking into the piped in crowd noise issue.

I hope to hell Polian gets nailed.

LEAGUE LOOKING INTO CROWD NOISE PHENOMENON AT RCA DOME

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells us that the league is looking into the strange audio phenomenon that occurred near the start of the fourth quarter on Sunday between the Patriots at the Colts.

As explained by some Internet hack on SportingNews.com, the crowd noise made a strange vibrating sound (and then got considerably quieter) in the middle of a New England offensive play.

The audio is right here. (And to prove that we didn't doctor it, the same phenomenon can be heard at the 2:23 mark of the highlight package on NFL.com.)

If they did that it was wrong, and they should be punished accordingly...especially since we still lost. lol

If you are going to be a cheater at least be a good cheater. >:(

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2007, 05:52:31 PM »
The Pats board from the Boston Globe mentioned that WEEI is reporting that...good ok. What about having to challenge that catch where the guy obviously came down out of bounds. There were TWO officials right there..TWO. When Stallworth made that catch late in the game and was pushed out....I thought the officials said he was out. I screamed so loud my dog fled from the room.

I am as big a Colts fan as anyone..but I saw that without the replay. No harm done though cause they won the challenge.

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
Colts should NOT be worried
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2007, 07:40:39 PM »
Peyton turned over the ball twice in the 4th quarter.  Otherwise the Colts win.

Better he get it out of his system now, so that he has the experience and motivation come Jan when they play in foxboro.
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

body88

Re: Colts should NOT be worried
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2007, 08:11:40 PM »
Peyton turned over the ball twice in the 4th quarter.  Otherwise the Colts win.

Better he get it out of his system now, so that he has the experience and motivation come Jan when they play in foxboro.

Colts got 14 points of phantom pi calls. They didnt even have to drive. Brady got picked off on a freakish athletic play. Which cost them at least a fg. He was also picked on a bad route run by Stallworth. By your logic the pats would have won that game by at least 21 points. The pats didnt even play that great in that game. The colts lost because they couldent score in the red zone due to the pats defense. That and in the fourth the pats wore down the colts d forcing them to give up 14 points in 8 min.

Manning is not good outdoors in the cold. That much has been proven over the years. The colts have a lot to worry about coming to foxboro to play a cold wather team in january. A dome team has never won a championship game in the elements, ever.

The colts are a very very good team. But a Dome team based on there speed is at a clear disadvantage outside in the cold.