Author Topic: How to get results for real? Please help  (Read 4164 times)

endless_raine

• Getbig II
How to get results for real? Please help
« on: November 06, 2007, 06:09:35 PM »
This is what i usually do. monday, wednesday, saturday
warm up with 10x2 elevated push ups.
bench press ( wide grip)about 130lbs 10x3
          ''      ( close grip)   ''     ''       10x3
dumbbell grip incline  50 lbs each dumbbell 10x3
bicept curls 40lbs 8x3

i do it on monday, wednesday and saturday. I also take 2 servings of proteins 23g each day. usually afterwork, i would drink 49g servings of proteins ( 2 scoops). I'm 20 years old, 155lbs and about 5'7.5''. measurement are about 14inches for bicepts, 31.5 inches waistline. I'm wondering how come i don't gain much at all during these months. My lower portion can gain rapidly. my calves are huge without trying to work it out. and my thighs are in great shape even without workout.  My brother is a big slimmer in terms of body construction, but he worked less than me.. but growing and i'm still stuck. I'm wondering if i'm working out too much reps? Please help me fix this. What should i do to build my chest muscles? I wanna emphasize more on the chest because it feels like everything else is in good shape, just my chest is a bit.. under developed...

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: How to get results for real? Please help
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 06:45:48 PM »
IMO, 3 days a week is way too much for chest. Hit it hard once a week, focus on benches, inclines, dips and flyes. try this

Flat Bench 3x-10,8,6
Incline BB 3x-10,8,6
Flat Bench Flyes-3x-12,10,8
Dips 3x-15,12,10

Make sure you are feeling the chest working, it's impossible not to involve the front delts and tris but focus tension on the pecs as much as possible. Hit it hard once a week and you will see improvement, make sure you're diet is sound, but the main thing is FEEL the chest work. Don't use sissy weight but weight that you can handle in good form.

endless_raine

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:01:30 PM »
should i hit my chest twice a week? once a week, does it really make my chest grow? sometimes when i hit it once a week, it seems like the pump will fade away after like a day. should my schedule be like..

monday - biceps/tricep
wednesday - chest
saturday - shoulder back.

or should i go with

monday - chest
wednesday - biceps. triceps
saturday - chest.

please help me.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 08:17:12 PM »
should i hit my chest twice a week? once a week, does it really make my chest grow? sometimes when i hit it once a week, it seems like the pump will fade away after like a day. should my schedule be like..

monday - biceps/tricep
wednesday - chest
saturday - shoulder back.

or should i go with

monday - chest
wednesday - biceps. triceps
saturday - chest.

please help me.
He already did.....

IMO, 3 days a week is way too much for chest. Hit it hard once a week, focus on benches, inclines, dips and flyes. try this

Flat Bench 3x-10,8,6
Incline BB 3x-10,8,6
Flat Bench Flyes-3x-12,10,8
Dips 3x-15,12,10

Make sure you are feeling the chest working, it's impossible not to involve the front delts and tris but focus tension on the pecs as much as possible. Hit it hard once a week and you will see improvement, make sure you're diet is sound, but the main thing is FEEL the chest work. Don't use sissy weight but weight that you can handle in good form.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 08:20:46 PM »
Welcome to Getbig.  :)

Since you're already going to the gym I think it would be wise you do a routine that works the whole body, lower body included. Or at least that brings in the whole upper body and not just mostly chest. So for that I would say the routine where you do back as well is the better of the two (but it can still use some work)

For chest the advice of 'feeling' the chest working is good, a lot of people doesn't really target the chest so well with bb benches, might want to try with dumbbells instead and see how that feels. There's also a number of other excercises for chest you can try - dips or various exercises using machines. Set/reps looks fine. Once or twice a week is fine. More often than that would be overkill. Pump isn't a very good measurement of progress unfortunately.
Z

endless_raine

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 09:57:11 PM »

So one day for chest in a week is good enough?.. wow, no wonder i feel so tired everyday to the point i don't feel like working out much anymore, but i always do it because i can't be outta shape. Do you think it is good to do aerobic to compliment the weight lifting? Like run or jump ropes during the rest days? Can someone help to see if this routine is good?

monday - bicep dumbbell curls 8x3
              bicep dumbbell preach curls 8x3
              triceps 10x3

wednesday - shoulder raises front 10x3
                  should raises sides 10x3
                  military press 10x3

saturday - push ups 10 to warm up
               flat bb press wide grip 10x3
               flat bb press close grip 10x3
               incline dumbbell press 10x3
               dumbbell flys 10x3.

can someone help me adjust or give opinion on this routine. I will stick to this from now if it is okay. My legs are in really good shape, that's why i wanna just practice my upper body now. And i do have a gym at home, just duno how to use them. I also drink protein everyday. Please give me comments, i really appreciate it. THanks.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 10:00:54 PM »
How many gimmicks you got?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 10:07:27 PM »
What the f is going on here ???

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 11:02:13 PM »
sorry. .this was me asking..  :-\

So one day in a week is good enough for me?.. wow, no wonder i feel so tired everyday to the point i don't feel like working out much anymore, but i always do it because i can't be outta shape. Do you think it is good to do aerobic to compliment the weight lifting? Like run or jump ropes during the rest days? Can someone help to see if this routine is good?

monday - bicep dumbbell curls 8x3
              bicep dumbbell preach curls 8x3
              triceps 10x3

wednesday - shoulder raises front 10x3
                  should raises sides 10x3
                  military press 10x3

saturday - push ups 10 to warm up
               flat bb press wide grip 10x3
               flat bb press close grip 10x3
               incline dumbbell press 10x3
               dumbbell flys 10x3.

can someone help me adjust or give opinion on this routine. I will stick to this from now if it is okay. My legs are in really good shape, that's why i wanna just practice my upper body now. And i do have a gym at home, just duno how to use them. I also drink protein everyday. Please give me comments, i really appreciate it. THanks.
\

Look, aim for results all over, not just chest. The workout you have posted is shit. Train your whole body for starters, aim for 3 workouts a week, try push-legs-pull. Or any system where you are working your whole body, and around 3 sessions a week.
No doubt about it...

endless_raine

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 11:24:58 PM »
i'm just asking for upper body workouts. Because i only wanna train my shoulder, chest and bicepts. that is enough for me. for legs. I have naturally big muscular legs and calves because i play sports since highschool. So i don't really need to spend my time training legs. Just want feedbacks for the routine on upper body, that's all.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 10:26:50 AM »
Brutal beach muscle trainer!!  :)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 10:29:36 AM »
MUSCLE ASYLUM PROJECT!!!  ;D

AND in all seriousness..eat properly, train hard and smart, and sleep and you'll have it made. This isn't something you see results immediately with when it comes to training. IF you want look like that you can go to a fun house and stand infront of one of those freaky mirrors!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 02:17:15 PM »
you're doing fine, you're a young guy and you sound very enthusiatic about training which is the most important thing, train chest very hard once a week, barbell flat bench for 3-4 heavy intense sets, 3 sets of heavy dumbbell or barbell inclines and 3 sets of heavy flat bench flyes and try to slowly increase weights, forget about the 3 times a week training for the same bodypart, and for pete's sake TRAIN LEGS!!!!!! squat intensely once per week and you won't believe your gains.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 02:34:52 PM »
I would also throw in deadlifts at the beginning of the week and squats into the latter part of the week (thursday/friday).  By doing these two exercises, the rest of your body will grow, especially at your age and experience.

endless_raine

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 10:19:52 PM »
what is a gimmick? anyways, i had two sns before cause i thought the first one that i made was inactive, but they decided to activate my account. I made a second one right before i learned that. that's all.  Thanks for the feedback.. I think i'll work monday, wednesday, sat, chest. but i'll break it into like 3 chest parts to work. like incline one day, flat one day, and flys one day. Maybe that will help more. and also add on more stuffs besides chests of course. Won't deadlift makes you short?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »
i think chest is one of the easiest muscles to train...

do chest once a week

bench press i
incline press
flyes then maybe pec dec
people over complicate things
just make sure you are pushing yourself to the limit..
if u do so ur body has to adapt.. 1 grow stronger and 2 produce more muscle tissue
choice is an illusion

syn1313

• Getbig I
  • "You Lose !"
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 05:47:12 AM »
 ::)  first time here also.  i'm 32, 160lb, 5'11.  in the same boat. Great advice from you guys...
D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »
lol train legs!!!!!!!!! if you dont i hope you get laughed at b/c you deserve it...deadlifts make you short? ive never heard that but then again im only 5'6" lol

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 12:22:31 PM »
You're pretty light so I wouldn't worry about cardio too much

3 days a week is plenty

focus on your movements (feel the muscles contract and stretch)

focus on compound movements (bp, dips, chins, deads, squats)

don't worry about doing 3x10 or any kind of fancy rep schemes. Do a warm up set or 2 (take them to 10 or more, make sure you can feel it and you are actually warming up the muscles), then 2-4 work sets, keep the reps low and the effort hard

after a couple of weeks you won't feel "the pump" anymore but you will be getting stronger and bigger

at your weight you don't really need the protein shakes, I'm not saying they are bad, but you could probably use real food (lots of protein)

hope this helps

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 11:10:01 PM »
you're doing fine, you're a young guy and you sound very enthusiatic about training which is the most important thing, train chest very hard once a week, barbell flat bench for 3-4 heavy intense sets, 3 sets of heavy dumbbell or barbell inclines and 3 sets of heavy flat bench flyes and try to slowly increase weights, forget about the 3 times a week training for the same bodypart, and for pete's sake TRAIN LEGS!!!!!! squat intensely once per week and you won't believe your gains.

hey squad is it correct that if you dont train upper and lower body respectively then which ever you are training wont grow to full potential because of not training the other half...and yes i agree throw some squats and some dead lifts and something ive just started to try is decline dumbell flyes and decline dumbell skull crushers doing both for four sets 6, 6, 10, 12

endless_raine

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 05:41:26 PM »
HEy. I'm back again. Somehow, it feels like my bicepts are growing.. but my chest seems like it is flatter than before when i  trained 3 times a week with 7-10 sets each night. Does that mean my workout isn't working? I came across a workout from THE ROCK, I wanna ask getbig of what your opinions on that? Its goes like this:

Monday
Resistance training: Chest, back, biceps, calves; 5 sets, 15-20 reps, 30-second rest periods.

Cardio: 5-minute warmup, 12 minutes at a high-intensity clip, 5-minute cooldown.
Tuesday
Resistance training: Quads, hamstrings, shoulders, triceps; 5 sets, 15-20 reps, 30-second rest periods.

Cardio: 5-minute warmup, 12 minutes at a high-intensity clip, 5-minute cooldown.
Wednesday
Resistance training: Chest, back, biceps, calves; 5 sets, 12-15 reps, 45-second rest periods.

Thursday
Resistance training: Quads, hamstrings, shoulders, triceps; 5 sets, 12-15 reps, 45-second rest periods.

Friday
Resistance training: Chest, back, biceps, calves; 5 sets, 8-12 reps, 60-second rest periods.

Saturday
Resistance training: Quads, hamstrings, shoulders, triceps; 5 sets, 8-12 reps, 60-second rest periods.

Sunday
One the 7th Day, The Rock rests.

what do you guys think about that workout?

oh yea.. here is what i am right now. from 4months ago and now..

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 06:29:48 PM »
Stop ALL Cardio!
Go to store, fill shoping cart with T-bone steak and other good beef - Eat it.
Dont fear eating some fat,,, whole eggs & cheese.

Cut volume and get the weight on the bar up.

Train upper body not more often than once every 5th day.
Lower body, same or even less often. once a week.

To put on size you need gain a little bodyfat too. Gaining ripped size is bullshit.

endless_raine

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 11:51:30 PM »
How come gaining is ripp size is bullshit tho?  :-\

.. I duno.. I'm afraid i might grow but it'll look me look like a ball of muscle rather than proportionate muscles body. or defines.

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 01:08:14 AM »
if you wanna be big and strong you will have to fight your metabolism. That means you have to eat more calories than you burn (so you have to eat a lot), protein builds muscle (1gr per lb of bodyweight or so, some people do more/less).

To get big you bulk, then you cut.

The workout you posted from The Rock, may or may not be a workout he ever used (magazines are pretty famous for printing bullshit workout after bullshit workout and printing somebody's name on it).

It doesn't look bad at all really... but he played bigtime College football and was a WWE pro. He may or may not have had help recovering from a workout (gear).

The body is adaptable. It will change to fit what you do. If you run a lot your legs and cardio system will get into shape to run forever. If you push heavy stuff at high intensity for short periods you will bulk up to make the effort easier.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 03:34:31 AM »
bro its like chez said intake a shit load of calories and fuckin do 5 sets but the MAX and i max number of reps to gain has to be like 10 at the MAX....in my rescent workouts i have found my chest growing seemingly better has me doing this...
5 sets incline bench press  6, 6, 8, 10, 12
5 sets flat dumbell press    8, 8, 10, 10, 12
4 sets declne dumbell fly   8, 8, 10, 12
3 sets of weighted dips     8, 10 , 12 

honestly i have seen some pretty descent results with this workout....and i work out chest twice in a seven day cycle thats it but evey other day im sore....and make sure on all the sets those last one, two or even three last reps are a fight to get em up every time....