Author Topic: 1970 Universe Photos  (Read 29087 times)

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
Re: 1970 Universe Photos
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 02:01:53 AM »
  Ah, the good ol' days of no gyno, no Growth guts, and no dropping dead from diuretic abuse.

;) oh yes...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 02:13:41 AM »
If you look at the whole feild there you see Dickerson Franco and Frank are the best of a rotten lot.

beckles looks better than dickerson but its an unfair comparison.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 04:11:58 AM »
zane looked amazing, as did dickerson, franco and the guy posing with zane.

who is the black guy? very good physique.

The guy with Zane is Roy Perrott from England,he won the 1968 Universe.

DAMY

• Getbig III
  • I shit myself, therefore I am.
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 10:56:03 AM »
  Ah, the good ol' days of no gyno, no Growth guts, and no dropping dead from diuretic abuse.

Yeah, and no money either some things have improved mate.

Damy

DAMY

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
Why didn't Arnold compete at that show?

Business interests in California real estate and stuff. And Joe wanted to save Arnold for the O which he was sure to win if you know what I mean. Arnold himself probably understood that he was a work in progress and saved his big showing for the important contest later. I understand that mentality absolutely. Ive done it myself many times saving my energy for training instead of travelling to lesser shows and missing meals and workouts.

I think Arnold only lost the 69 because Weider wanted to bring him down a peg or two. Even then Arnolds ego was getting out of hand with a couple of Universe wins under the belt already, and magazine covers and what have ypou. With the dfeat by Sergio Arnold would be hurt enough to make him more pliable for the WEiders and they kept the upper hand for a while at least

Damy 

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 12:47:20 PM »
Arnold did compete in that contest. Those pictures are from the Amateur NABBA Universe in London. Arnold competed and won the professional division, beating Reg Park and Dave Draper. Zane won the amateur division and his wife won the Bikini contest. There is a picture with Arnold, Zane and Christine Zane posing together as the winners of that contest.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2007, 12:51:34 PM »

Business interests in California real estate and stuff. And Joe wanted to save Arnold for the O which he was sure to win if you know what I mean. Arnold himself probably understood that he was a work in progress and saved his big showing for the important contest later. I understand that mentality absolutely. Ive done it myself many times saving my energy for training instead of travelling to lesser shows and missing meals and workouts.

I think Arnold only lost the 69 because Weider wanted to bring him down a peg or two. Even then Arnolds ego was getting out of hand with a couple of Universe wins under the belt already, and magazine covers and what have ypou. With the dfeat by Sergio Arnold would be hurt enough to make him more pliable for the WEiders and they kept the upper hand for a while at least

Damy 

who's this queer?
Deep Tissue Massage

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2007, 01:05:23 PM »
no gh no slin no abombs no tren and they looked amazing gives hope to those who think you must stack crazy stuff to look good

DAMY

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2007, 10:55:43 AM »
who's this queer?

Queer mate? That the best you can do? I been told theres handfull of idiots on this Gossip Opinion thing who like to just have a poke, see if they can get a reaction. Won't work with me mate. Noting to prove. Nothing at all. Did all me arguing years ago. Argued with my muscles and kept my mouth closed most of the time.

You got nothing better to do? Like the gym. Wheres ypour pictures maybe we can compare later on.

If you aint playing games and you really didn't like what Isaid before, why not point out exacly what it was you didn't like about it. That would be a start instead of just whos this queer.

Funny queer I am with kids an all. You keep on pushin your gonna look really stupid mate.

Damy

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2007, 11:03:44 AM »

Queer mate? That the best you can do? I been told theres handfull of idiots on this Gossip Opinion thing who like to just have a poke, see if they can get a reaction. Won't work with me mate. Noting to prove. Nothing at all. Did all me arguing years ago. Argued with my muscles and kept my mouth closed most of the time.

You got nothing better to do? Like the gym. Wheres ypour pictures maybe we can compare later on.

If you aint playing games and you really didn't like what Isaid before, why not point out exacly what it was you didn't like about it. That would be a start instead of just whos this queer.

Funny queer I am with kids an all. You keep on pushin your gonna look really stupid mate.

Damy

meltdown ...
The Number 2 in Scranton

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2007, 11:48:57 AM »
Its interesting to see that Zane didn't really make much of a change from 1970 until 1977 when he won his first olympia. He just had to wait until Arnold and Franco retired.

And Serge,Sergio and Lou.

DAMY

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2007, 12:51:32 PM »
meltdown ...

Oh yeah I heard about the meltdown shite as well. Very creative but maybe not so funny the thousandth time. Monstereverthing, you must be another one of the babys I heard about. Ive never melted in my life in the face of anything. So I'm not going to blink at your one word crap am I? No. I suppose this is anpother meltdown is it? No need to type that again mate I get the picture. How big are your arms by the way what's ypour back like?

I noticed the nostalgic crap on this thread. Having a poke at the overuse of growth insulin and gear these days. The good old days eh? Are you rEally thick enough to believe that peopl were any diffrent in the good old days. You think nobody used huge doses? You think nobody came up with cobinations that worked better than one drug alone. Stone me! Yeah thats right Arnold and Franco and Draper and all the others got huge on half a chicken a day and a handfull of dianabols at christmas. Idiots.

I came up in the era when slin and igf and gh were coming into play. And so what? I did all right. No judeg ever turned his nose up at me cos I was too big. I only ever lost two contests and i came second. Yeah using growth really messed up my career.

Anyone want to argue then?

Damy

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2007, 06:31:31 AM »

Oh yeah I heard about the meltdown shite as well. Very creative but maybe not so funny the thousandth time. Monstereverthing, you must be another one of the babys I heard about. Ive never melted in my life in the face of anything. So I'm not going to blink at your one word crap am I? No. I suppose this is anpother meltdown is it? No need to type that again mate I get the picture. How big are your arms by the way what's ypour back like?

I noticed the nostalgic crap on this thread. Having a poke at the overuse of growth insulin and gear these days. The good old days eh? Are you rEally thick enough to believe that peopl were any diffrent in the good old days. You think nobody used huge doses? You think nobody came up with cobinations that worked better than one drug alone. Stone me! Yeah thats right Arnold and Franco and Draper and all the others got huge on half a chicken a day and a handfull of dianabols at christmas. Idiots.

I came up in the era when slin and igf and gh were coming into play. And so what? I did all right. No judeg ever turned his nose up at me cos I was too big. I only ever lost two contests and i came second. Yeah using growth really messed up my career.

Anyone want to argue then?

Damy

hahahahhah

Another 'notch' on the belt ...hahahahah this was too easy hahah
Im in this dudes head hahahah

Who are you DAMY ? a pretend pro if you ask me...... hahahah delete your account old man, this is thunderdom, we eat girly men like you for breakfast hahahah
The Number 2 in Scranton

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2007, 06:38:19 AM »

Damy 

I have no qualms with you buddy, but is this an attempt by Vince Basilie to start anew?  Where ye from me friend?  What brings ye to Getbeeeg?

"1"

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 06:50:15 AM »

hahahaha the guy top left in the third pic seems to have overdone the pro-tan  ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2007, 06:52:00 AM »
i think the guy at the back on the left overdid the pro-tan....

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2007, 08:52:47 AM »
Can you also upload medium height winner Ahmet Enunlu's pics, he's our hometown hero.
He can be seen in pic no:130, sixth from left, he later won many other world championship titles.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2007, 08:59:43 AM »
It's great to see those old photos.  There should be a gallery database somewhere online that stores that stuff (FLEX, MD, Muslce Memory).

What big posing trunks they wore back then. :D

If one guy back then wore the skimpy trunks worn today, he would have been run out of town--or at least off the stage.  ;D

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2007, 10:11:21 AM »

Thats Johnny Fuller,a black guy who died recently.

DAMY

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2007, 12:55:32 PM »
One More Rep, I'm glad I could find someone who's not a giggling kid who fools himslef that hes owning anyone. Owning bloody hell I ask you. Thats one reason Ive never been a big fan of the internet. Thing is I have to cos I'm a businessman vewry busy one. My wife knows what she's doing and she love computers so sge handles all that stuff for me. Or me son if I can bribe him.

Anyway mate I'm not your friend Vince. Ive never been here before, I was invited by a bloke I know. I'm british, middle aged but I feel fourteen. had a career, got into bodybuilding later than most I was in my twenties. But I made up for lost time and did very well if I say so meself.

The person who tod me to come on get big wanted me to look at another story but I took one look and decided I werent interested. Load of old shite. But I promoised I'd contribute and I've always been a man of my word so I'll go back there e ventually. for the moment though I had a look around and thought Id butt in here for two reasons. One nostalgia even though I said I could beat them all when I was a youngster and I couldve, those geezers were my inspiration. training helped me become a better person and more focused on the positive stuff. Arnold and Zane and a few others from the sixites and seventies were a big part of that for me.

The other thing was them boys having a pop at my generation opening the doors for mega dosing and hgh and slin and what have you. I did the lot and I've no regrets. Bodybuilding opened doors for me and in retirement Ive made a good living from it. The stage is years behimnd me but i'm still in my gym almost everyday, if not training then training the wannabes and the will bes.

Damy   

DAMY

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2007, 08:21:34 AM »
Pleased to see that I been left alone in my absence! What One More Reop said got me curious about Vince basil on here so I looked around. I found a story where he was compaed with Steeve Reeeves. I can see why people wanted to draw that one and I have opinions of me own.

In that picture there you can see that reeves has a tiny waist which to me always made him seem bigger than he was. But nothing wrong there bodybuilding is as much about illusion as it is about mass. I dont have a small waist or small joints or anythung like that so I had to rley on mass and I had plenty of that.

Now anyone can see from a quick look at that picture that Reeveses arms werent as well developed as Basils. In THAT picture I mean. I dont want to argue the toss about this so the snotty kids can pull their heads in right now. I mean look at the triceps. Reeves are kind of flat but Basil has a nice full roundbness to his, balances against the biceps peak and makes an arm nice to look at when its flexed.

I got to go but I'll add to this in a bit

Damy

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2007, 09:09:08 AM »
Thats Vince Basil ?? jeezus what happened old man... you fell off
The Number 2 in Scranton

DAMY

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2007, 09:37:26 AM »
As i was saying, in that comparison Basil has better arms bigger too. People said his legs were crap but not really. In Reeves pic his thighs are semiflexed and I dont think Basils are tensed at all. People were still getting their minds into legs at that time nearly forty years since. Size wise Basils legs are just fine. Back in them days a lot of blokes legs were less than ghalf the size of their chest so they look like bluto off popeye. Now its gone the other way and just as often you see a guy with too much legs and not enough evrything else.

People forget they gota back as well, so they ain't got half the chest they should eithert. I think Steeve Reeves [who I met a couple of times before he died] was overated as a bodybuilder and actor because he was very pretty. Reg park was much bigger but not so easy on your eyes! Even in his day weighing a bit over 200 wasnt great for a bloke over six foot. No dissrespect Reeves was a nice guy very polite and reserve for a Yank. I aint pretty meself been compared to a caveman more than once so I suppose we all get our share of this an that and do what we can with it.

Bear in mind thsat Vince is probably bigger boned than Steeve Reeves and so his muscle with be thicker and denser so its almost apples and oranges.

And your talking twehnty or thirty tears in betwenn so who cares. Ronnie Coleman and Sergio Oliva, Franco Columu and Lee Preist Dorian and Reg Park. Different men different careers different times get a life why dont you.

Damy

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2007, 10:12:59 AM »
thanks. i thought it was albert. he looks really young there.

This is a young Beckles ;D
I

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2007, 10:42:18 AM »
Hey Damy, save your stories for the Ironage.us old man...no gives a shit
The Number 2 in Scranton