Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 467553 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #1375 on: September 15, 2008, 03:56:24 PM »
There will likely be a decent sized rally at some point after the initial drop this morning. The smart investors with spare cash will seize on the bargains that will abound today. You simply have to have knowledge of what you're buying with a focus on fundamentals. Stay the heck away from financials and companies with any ties to the mortgage crisis. Days like this are the days to buy, while the panickers cash out.

Gold is a good play today, in my opinion.

Well, after a 500 point drop the rally I anticipated never materialized.  ::)

I was right about gold, however!  Up thirty-five bucks!  :)

Gold price rallies to $785
7 hours ago

LONDON (AFP) — Gold prices rebounded Monday as the precious metal won support amid ongoing uncertainty stemming from the collapse of US investment bank Lehman Brothers, dealers said.

On the London Bullion Market, the price of gold rose to 785.70 dollars per ounce, from 750.25 late on Friday.

In contrast, crude oil prices slumped Monday as investors feared that slower economic growth would dampen future energy demand.

Gold, which is used in jewellery, dentistry and electronics, is widely regarded as a safe store of value amid economic gloom.
!

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1376 on: September 15, 2008, 04:16:10 PM »

1) never.

2) as long as China etc. continue selling us their products and maintain a large trade gap with the US....they'll keep us afloat for some time.

BTW, a great buying opportunity awaits those who are patient.  ;D

NT

Well, I don't think we are bankrupt.

Sounds like we have a lot of credit! ;)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1377 on: September 15, 2008, 04:28:00 PM »
GBers, the market now sits at the Dec 2004 levels. in the past 10 months we have given back nearly 4 yrs of gains.  so to anyone who listened and heeded my warnings, congratulations !

NT

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1378 on: September 15, 2008, 06:22:08 PM »

Gold is a good play today, in my opinion.

Gold is always good.  ;D

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1379 on: September 15, 2008, 09:11:23 PM »
I guess my point is that no matter what direction your political leaning is... to blame the economy on Bush is wrong.

Neither party will balance the budget... Neither will curb spending... The difference is one will put us in debt more than the other because one wants to raise taxes and the other does not... Neither will shrink the government.

Is this a problem? Perhaps, but it's certainly not the President's fault.

Also, what we are seeing are common items in a capitalist economy... The truth is that the economy while not as good as it was in the late 90s, is not as bad as people are making it out to be. There is still a lot of opportunity for people to make money if they have a good skill and are intelligent about it.

I'm tired of people saying the middle class is being destroyed... Especially when they destroyed it. The Unions paying people far beyond the value of what they actually provide... and when your job is gone... Instead of going out and getting a real skill, they just sit and bitch.

I know 2 guys who had 15 years to use up their GI Bills from when they served... They didn't get an education, they got factory jobs, and if their jobs are gone, they will bitch about it and say it's wrong.

I don't know what planet you guys live on, but when I was born I wasn't promised anything except that you gotta work. No free lunch. If my skill becomes obsolete, I'll get a new one.

There is no guarantee that your job will still be valued in the future... That's why we have a lot of  auto mechanics and not a lot of blacksmiths.

Why I work in the IT field and not the Zeppelin field... The world changes and you have to change with it.

If someone doesn't have a job and they complain to me... They're talking to the wrong person. Especially if they have opportunity and squander it.

Yea to be honest Tu I agree with almost everything you said, it's why I like the libertarian party and many Ron Paul positions.  The problem is guys like Paul had a chance then they want to use the Gold Standard like Gold is worth something OTHER than it's PERCEIVED Value...like the paper dollar.  Ventura says fire can't melt steel like that fat bitch Rosy "Fat" O'Donnell ...and on and on the bullshit goes.

There is many opportunities for a down market for those wise enough to position themselves prior to it happening.  I wish I had a stronger cash position, but with my positioning still being strong I have a decision to make come Dec/Jan on where to put it.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1380 on: September 16, 2008, 12:39:46 AM »
The pressure on American International Group reached fevered pitch on Monday night as the troubled insurer was hit by a series of credit rating downgrades.

The cuts could prove deadly to AIG, the nation's largest insurance company, which is scrambling to raise much-needed capital.

Late Monday night, Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's Ratings Services each said they had lowered their ratings.

A few hours earlier, Fitch Rating had also downgraded AIG, saying the company's ability to raise cash is "extremely limited" because of its plummeting stock price, widening yields on its debt, and difficult capital market conditions.

The downgrades will make it more expensive for AIG to issue debt and harder for it to regain the confidence of investors.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1381 on: September 16, 2008, 12:52:53 AM »
Wreckage from a massive crisis on Wall Street could prompt the Federal Reserve to do an about face and once again cut a key interest rate this week or possibly later this year, economists said Monday

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1382 on: September 16, 2008, 03:10:03 AM »
Wreckage from a massive crisis on Wall Street could prompt the Federal Reserve to do an about face and once again cut a key interest rate this week or possibly later this year, economists said Monday

i agree BD, but lowering interest rates will accomplish nothing. consumers are unable to access money due to the credit crunch/higher lending standards.

IMO, just more psychological BS from the Fed.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1383 on: September 16, 2008, 04:37:20 AM »
GBers, anyone following this thread is NOT surprised by the unfolding events. i warned about this looming crisis long ago.

NT    

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1384 on: September 16, 2008, 07:48:09 AM »
US investment bank Goldman Sachs has reported a 70% fall in third-quarter earnings as financial markets continue to be hit by the credit crunch.
The Wall Street giant revealed net income of $845m (£473m), down from $2.85bn a year before. Net revenue fell to $6.04bn from $12.3bn.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1385 on: September 16, 2008, 03:11:21 PM »
U.S. Stocks Advance on Expectations Fed Will Rescue AIG

Sept. 16  U.S. stocks rose, helping the Standard & Poor's 500 Index rebound from its steepest drop in seven years, as expectations grew the Federal Reserve may rescue American International Group Inc. from collapse.

NT

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1386 on: September 16, 2008, 05:38:09 PM »

Typical idiots who looks at the market by judging certain indices instead of being a wise investor.  GetBig investors there are thousands of opportunities to invest in stocks or mutual funds that have performed exceptionally this year. 

Certain idiots like Neurotoxin has invested in failure, demise, and hopelessness.  He is so far invested in failure, that reading his posts show exactly how proud (incorrectly I might add) he is of the "PERCEIVED CRASH".  While this moron is partially right (the commonality of liars) about market numbers he is only referencing certain indices.  Plenty of money to be made with wise investing.  Do your research or hire an analyst/broker and you will find financial success.  Listen to this idiot's "doom and gloom" predictions and you will see for yourself.  Again, his reputation and self are invested failure not success.

Research Research Research!!!

Just a snipit: (as Barack for No-Change would say)

Fund Name                                                        Symbol      Return

Oppenheimer Commodity Strat Total Ret Y                QRAYX     43.84%

Rydex Commodities Strategy H                            RYMBX     43.60%

Rydex Commodities Strategy A                            RYMEX      43.59%

Oppenheimer Commodity Strat Total Ret A               QRAAX      43.19%

Goldman Sachs Commodity Strategy Instl                GCCIX       43.12%

ProFunds UltraShort Japan Inv                              UKPIX       42.73%

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1387 on: September 16, 2008, 06:24:14 PM »
Typical idiots who looks at the market by judging certain indices instead of being a wise investor.  GetBig investors there are thousands of opportunities to invest in stocks or mutual funds that have performed exceptionally this year. 

Certain idiots like Neurotoxin has invested in failure, demise, and hopelessness.  He is so far invested in failure, that reading his posts show exactly how proud (incorrectly I might add) he is of the "PERCEIVED CRASH".  While this moron is partially right (the commonality of liars) about market numbers he is only referencing certain indices.  Plenty of money to be made with wise investing.  Do your research or hire an analyst/broker and you will find financial success.  Listen to this idiot's "doom and gloom" predictions and you will see for yourself.  Again, his reputation and self are invested failure not success.

Research Research Research!!!

Just a snipit: (as Barack for No-Change would say)

Fund Name                                                        Symbol      Return

Oppenheimer Commodity Strat Total Ret Y                QRAYX     43.84%

Rydex Commodities Strategy H                            RYMBX     43.60%

Rydex Commodities Strategy A                            RYMEX      43.59%

Oppenheimer Commodity Strat Total Ret A               QRAAX      43.19%

Goldman Sachs Commodity Strategy Instl                GCCIX       43.12%

ProFunds UltraShort Japan Inv                              UKPIX       42.73%

You are so into yourself, I think you are missing the big picture.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1388 on: September 16, 2008, 07:01:43 PM »

The US central bank has left interest rates unchanged at 2%, citing inflation concerns and rejecting calls for a cut. While the Federal Reserve had been tipped to leave rates on hold, analysts said a cut looked more likely after Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy. The Fed has sought to soothe nerves and earlier injected $70bn (£39bn) into markets to boost liquidity.

Central banks worldwide have faced the twin threat of quickening inflation and a wider economic slowdown. "The downside risks to growth and the upside risks to inflation are both of significant concern to the committee," the bank's officials said. Michael Wallace, an analyst at Action Economics said: "The Fed's statement largely resisted market pressure for a more substantial capitulation."

He said the assessment was "defiantly set at neutral", in expressing worries about both slowing economic growth and inflation. The decision to leave rates at 2%, as it has been since April, was a unanimous move.

US shares were volatile with the leading Dow Jones Industrial Average down 106 points to 10,811 after the news.

However, it later ended more than 140 points higher at 11,059.02 as investors interpreted the Fed's decision as a sign that the economy was less fragile than some had feared.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1389 on: September 16, 2008, 11:31:59 PM »
You are so into yourself, I think you are missing the big picture.

Go invest in the big picture if that is your decision.  I suggest you look a deeper into investments.  Yes the market is volatile and yes many companies are in trouble.  That is true in Bull Markets too. 

Take a look at how many mutual funds and stocks are doing well and research the reasons why.  Money is made when markets are down, they provide better buying opportunities.  Much can be made during this real estate downturn too.  Think about simple fundamentals...

BUY LOW...SELL HIGH! 

Simple?  YES!...... but idiots like Neurotoxin are invested in demise and hopelessness.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1390 on: September 16, 2008, 11:49:46 PM »
BABABABBOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classic!!

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1391 on: September 17, 2008, 03:48:49 AM »

guys, Dow 10,800 and S+P 1,200 are important institutional market support levels. as i've stated before, IF we can hold these levels going into the Nov election, it would be a positive for the market and long term buyers.

the financial/bank stocks will ultimately determine when the time is right to enter long again.

i'll keep you posted.

NT   

yesterday, we again tested these levels (10,800 and 1,200) and bounced off. with Oil being manipulated lower and the Fed. infusing cash into the banking sector, another short cover rally looks likely.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1392 on: September 17, 2008, 04:21:02 AM »
gbers, our government just took over the mortgage, (Freddie, Fannie) banking, (Bear, Lehman) and the Insurance industry. (AIG)

is this the new "Capitalism" in the US ?

NT

Fed Readies A.I.G. Loan of $85 Billion for an 80% Stake

The Federal Reserve was close to a deal Tuesday night to take
a nearly 80 percent stake in the troubled giant insurance
company,
the American International Group, in exchange for an
$85 billion loan, according to people briefed on the
negotiations.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1393 on: September 17, 2008, 04:33:03 AM »
gbers, our government just took over the mortgage, (Freddie, Fannie) banking, (Bear, Lehman) and the Insurance industry. (AIG)

is this the new "Capitalism" in the US ?

NT

Fed Readies A.I.G. Loan of $85 Billion for an 80% Stake

The Federal Reserve was close to a deal Tuesday night to take
a nearly 80 percent stake in the troubled giant insurance
company,
the American International Group, in exchange for an
$85 billion loan, according to people briefed on the
negotiations.

The Fed decides some companies are simply too big to fail, bro. In the case of AIG, they are probably right. Unfortunately that money the Fed is lending out (at high interest to discourage future corporate beggars) will also come out of the pockets of taxpayers.

I don't like these corporate behemoths like Citigroup, BoA-Merrill Lynch, etc., for several reasons. But one certain fact is that when they eventually fuck up they will also be deemed "too big to fail."
!

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1394 on: September 17, 2008, 04:37:33 AM »
The Fed decides some companies are simply too big to fail, bro. In the case of AIG, they are probably right. Unfortunately that money the Fed is lending out (at high interest to discourage future corporate beggars) will also come out of the pockets of taxpayers.

I don't like these corporate behemoths like Citigroup, BoA-Merrill Lynch, etc., for several reasons. But one certain fact is that when they eventually fuck up they will also be deemed "too big to fail."

too big to fail because our bankers (China etc) would cut off funding our goverment.

NT

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1395 on: September 17, 2008, 04:43:12 AM »

too big to fail because our bankers (China etc) would cut off funding our goverment.

NT
Well, in respects to that aspect I disagree. China needs us as much as we need them right now. It would not be in their best interests AT ALL for them to cut us off.
This is a topic I am frankly too lazy/busy to go into detail about on this board.  :P
!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1396 on: September 17, 2008, 08:12:22 AM »
Well, in respects to that aspect I disagree. China needs us as much as we need them right now. It would not be in their best interests AT ALL for them to cut us off.
This is a topic I am frankly too lazy/busy to go into detail about on this board.  :P

I appreciate the change in attitude, please don't pull an Alex and go back to your stupid ways.  :)

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1397 on: September 17, 2008, 08:48:12 AM »

So China "needs" us so they can lend us money to buy their products.

Sounds like the logic I hear coming from TV and politicians.  Maybe you should run for office or something?

China can consume their own goods, they do not need us.  If anything, they would be worried about the collapse of 1 trillion in US paper they currently hold, they do not need us to buy finance their products on money they lend us.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1398 on: September 17, 2008, 09:25:21 AM »
Gbers, you'll notice that since TermianlPutz first recommended you buy the funds below on July 30th, the returns have dropped a staggering 30+ %

keep in mind, TPutz omitted from the list the Oil funds he recommended the very same day. as you know, Oil has TANKED since then.

check out the % change in returns since this condescending, piece of shit told you to buy.

as you can see, her posts don't lie!

Notice the 30+% drop AFTER TerminalPutz recommeded you buy on July 30th ?

::)  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Just like the moron Neurotoxin is,  HE AGAIN CAN'T PROVE I RECOMMENDED ANYONE TO BUY ANYTHING!  I RECOMMEND PEOPLE INVEST.

NT is just like a little kid looking for attention!  Here you go sweetheart!

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1399 on: September 17, 2008, 09:37:23 AM »

IMO, metals and oil are being sold off to prop up the worthless dollar, and lower fuel costs before the Nov. election.

NT

Spoken like a economic genius!  OH, except you are horribly incorrect about the dollar being worthless. 

Shame on you!