Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 467507 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k (**Strictly Moderated**)
« Reply #1675 on: October 22, 2008, 08:29:46 AM »

US would halt ALL imports from China and collapse their economy.

NT

I know that this is years down the road but looks like China is preparing itself for that.

China's leaders seek to expand internal market to counter global financial turmoil

BEIJING (AP) -- China's ruling Communist Party on Sunday said it would seek to expand its massive internal market to counter the global economic slowdown that has reduced international demand for Chinese goods.
The party, led by President Hu Jintao, released a statement at the end of a four-day meeting of its Central Committee where it also approved a plan aimed at doubling rural incomes by 2020.

"We should step up efforts to boost domestic demand, particularly domestic consumption and keep the economy, the financial sector and the capital market stable," the party said in a statement released through the official Xinhua News Agency.

The party also recognized inherent "contradictions and problems" with China's economy and said all members should prepare for greater challenges as the global financial crisis unfolds.

China faces difficulties from high energy costs and inflation, but officials say the country has growth potential despite global uncertainties because of its large labor pool, vast domestic market and the increasing competitiveness of its companies.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1676 on: October 22, 2008, 08:40:58 AM »

US would halt ALL imports from China and collapse their economy.

NT

I never thought about that.

So in reality, China is in bad shape as well.

That explains why China is looking for other countries to sell their products to. China is trying to protect their economy.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1677 on: October 22, 2008, 09:56:53 AM »
GBers, institutional Market support resides @ Dow 7,800.00. a disappointment in corp. earnings could force a retest of those levels.

NT 

WASHINGTON - World stock markets sagged again Wednesday as a barrage of weak corporate earnings stoked fears that the government’s financial intervention won’t keep global economies out of recession.

Poor earnings from large companies in disparate sectors —Wachovia Corp., Boeing and Merck & Co. — illustrated how wide the downturn had spread.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1678 on: October 22, 2008, 10:07:41 AM »
I never thought about that.

So in reality, China is in bad shape as well.

That explains why China is looking for other countries to sell their products to. China is trying to protect their economy.

correct.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1679 on: October 22, 2008, 11:24:50 AM »
Hey Neuro, where do u think the bottom is? 7800? lower?I mean, considering fundamentals.... cuz I think that current sell off is shedding more of a speculative value accumulated over 8-10 years of "irrational exuberance"

7,800 is key support. if beached to the downside, we'll likely see Dow 7,000, if not lower.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1680 on: October 22, 2008, 01:08:01 PM »
Odd that you think that the greenback will be worthless, but you aren't an advocate of buying gold  

dantelis, now you know why.  ;)

NT

Gold falls to one-year low in commodities sell-off

Oct. 22  Gold futures tumbled 4.3% Wednesday to the lowest level in one year, while copper futures were set for their worst year since 1988 in a broad sell-off that was sending stocks and commodities sharply lower.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1681 on: October 22, 2008, 04:38:12 PM »
GBers, institutional Market support resides @ Dow 7,800.00. a disappointment in corp. earnings could force a retest at those levels.

NT 

Bleak Earnings Swamp Stocks

Faltering profits and fears of global recession sent stocks into a spiral Wednesday, nudging major indicators ever closer to their bear-market lows.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average slid for a second straight day, ending down 514.45 points, or 5.7%, at 8519.21, hurt by declines in all 30 of its components. The Dow has tumbled almost 750 points over its two-day slide and now stands about 640 points above its Oct. 10 intraday low, which traders are hoping will hold up as a market trough.

GBers, as i've discussed many times, the Oct 10th low ( 7,800 area) is key.

NT

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1682 on: October 22, 2008, 06:47:09 PM »

dantelis, now you know why.  ;)

NT

Gold falls to one-year low in commodities sell-off

Oct. 22  Gold futures tumbled 4.3% Wednesday to the lowest level in one year, while copper futures were set for their worst year since 1988 in a broad sell-off that was sending stocks and commodities sharply lower.

I thought "paper gold" and physical gold prices were going in opposite directions, at least the last time I looked, maybe that's changing too or I'm misunderstanding something?

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #1683 on: October 23, 2008, 04:45:33 AM »

pay no attention to analysts/rating agency's.   behind the scenes they're tied to the companies they PUMP and are nothing more than cheerleaders. (just like CNBC) their job is to get people to BUY.

keep in mind, analysts/rating agency's missed the dot com BUST and recently the housing BUST. that pretty much sums up their performance and reliability.

i had no idea.  ;)

NT

Rating Executive: "We Sold Our Souls to the Devil"

October 23, 2008
For years, rating agencies—the referees of Wall Street—insisted they were an impartial source of information, despite their financial reliance on the companies they rated. Then came the market meltdown—and a chorus of accusations that firms had artificially inflated their risk ratings to please their clients and gain a competitive edge. And now there's plenty of evidence to suggest the "referees" were unduly influenced by the players.

As one executive at Moody's, a major credit rating agency, put it following an internal discussion on the implosion of the subprime mortgage market, "These errors make us look either incompetent at credit analysis, or like we sold our soul to the devil for revenue." The documents lend credibility to charges by Wall Street executives that the rating agencies deserve part of the blame for the current financial crisis. "The story of the credit rating agencies is a story of colossal failure."

The central problem that confronted the rating agencies, according to witness testimony and internal documents, was a fundamental conflict of interest, , The rating firms have an incentive to deliver good ratings for the issuers, whether or not the financial products in question actually deserve them.

In the same presentation, McDaniel noted, "Analysts and MDs [managing directors] are continually 'pitched' by bankers, issuers, investors…[and sometimes] we 'drink the kool-aid.'" Employees at Standard & Poor's also recognized that being paid by issuers often led to overly optimistic ratings for complex—and risky financial products "It could be structured by cows and we would rate. Another Standard & Poor's employee remarked in a 2006 email, "Let's hope we are all wealthy and retired by the time this house of cards falters 

A top executive at Fortis Investments asked a Moody's official in a July 2007 call, what's the use of your ratings?...If the ratings are b.s., the only use in ratings is comparing b.s. to more b.s."

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1684 on: October 23, 2008, 10:00:31 AM »
Foreclosure filings spike 71%

Oct 23  The housing crisis still has a choke hold on America: In September, 81,312 homes were lost to foreclosure, according to a report released Thursday.

RealtyTrac, an online marketer of foreclosed properties, said that 851,000 homes have been repossessed by lenders since August 2007.

In September, 265,968 troubled borrowers received foreclosure filings - such as default notices, auction sale notices and bank repossessions.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1685 on: October 23, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »
GBers....another extremely volatile day. Dow up 300 then down 300 points, only to finish up 172 points.

still holding the Oct 10th low of 7,850.00

NT

Oct. 23  U.S. stocks rose for the first time in three days as a rebound in oil from a 16-month low bolstered speculation that the global economic slump won't worsen.

The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rebounded from a 5 1/2-year low, gaining 11.33 points, or 1.3 percent, to 908.11. The Dow rose 172.04, or 2 percent, to 8,691.25. The Nasdaq Composite Index slipped 11.84, or 0.7 percent, to 1,603.91.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1686 on: October 24, 2008, 12:14:30 AM »
Futures down -432. Asians markets getting hammered too.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1687 on: October 24, 2008, 04:04:14 AM »
Futures down -432. Asians markets getting hammered too.

looks as if we may breach Dow 7,800 today. 

NT

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #1688 on: October 24, 2008, 04:11:59 AM »
I bet you're right... this shit is really pissing me off.  NT, in your opinion what needs to happen?

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1689 on: October 24, 2008, 04:13:02 AM »
GBers.....when this pathetic market finally turns around, i anticipate HUGE returns.

knowledge and patience ALWAYS pay off.  ;)

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1690 on: October 24, 2008, 04:39:57 AM »
I bet you're right... this shit is really pissing me off.  NT, in your opinion what needs to happen?

capitulation and panic on a massive scale.

only then will institutions begin to slowly reenter.

NT

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #1691 on: October 24, 2008, 04:46:47 AM »

capitulation and panic on a massive scale.

only then will institutions begin to slowly reenter.

NT

Do you think it makes sense to slowly get invested again right now?
I'm thinking over the course of the next 6 months, evenly distributed.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1692 on: October 24, 2008, 05:04:23 AM »
Do you think it makes sense to slowly get invested again right now?
I'm thinking over the course of the next 6 months, evenly distributed.

WL, that decision can only be made by you.

i'll "time" the markets bottom (just like i "timed" the top) before entering long.

those who argue it can't be "timed", are amateurs who speak for themselves.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1693 on: October 24, 2008, 06:07:03 AM »

bush has systematically destroyed this country financially.

our country is heading for a severe recession as a result of his failed policies.

in the coming months, the stock market will come crashing down.

mark my words.

cash is king !

move your money out of stocks and into cd's, cash, money markets ect.

preservation of capital is key. if you do nothing, kiss your money goodbye.

"timing" is everything.  ;)

NT

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #1694 on: October 24, 2008, 06:18:38 AM »
WL, that decision can only be made by you.

i'll "time" the markets bottom (just like i "timed" the top) before entering long.

those who argue it can't be "timed", are amateurs who speak for themselves.

NT

I know. I am an amateur. Possible or not, I won't be able to time the bottom.
Luckily, I kind of had the right feeling about the coming crash in the last year.
Do you have a prediction in what timeframe we will see the bottom (next 6 months, next year, etc.)?

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1695 on: October 24, 2008, 07:07:53 AM »
I know. I am an amateur. Possible or not, I won't be able to time the bottom.
Luckily, I kind of had the right feeling about the coming crash in the last year.
Do you have a prediction in what timeframe we will see the bottom (next 6 months, next year, etc.)?

in all probability a potential bottom should be struck within the next 6 months. market action always dictates entry point.

as you know, holding Dow 7,850 is paramount.

i'll continue to post on GB right thru the turnaround. hopefully this will make it easier for those who trust my opinion to enter safely.

NT

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #1696 on: October 24, 2008, 07:18:51 AM »

in all probability a potential bottom should be struck within the next 6 months. market action always dictates entry point.

i'll continue to post on GB right thru the turnaround. hopefully this will make it easier for those who trust my opinion to enter safely.

NT

Cool, thanks. I know that all responsibility is held by myself, I'm just trying to get as much opinions as possible. I'll maybe hold on a little longer for now, depending on what my resarch shows.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #1697 on: October 24, 2008, 07:21:37 AM »
GBers.....when this pathetic market finally turns around, i anticipate HUGE returns.

knowledge and patience ALWAYS pay off.  ;)

NT
::)
!

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1698 on: October 24, 2008, 07:39:03 AM »

NT

How long will it take to turn around?

They say that this is only the beginning.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1699 on: October 24, 2008, 07:59:06 AM »

bush has systematically destroyed this country financially.

our country is heading for a severe recession as a result of his failed policies.

in the coming months, the stock market will come crashing down.

mark my words.

cash is king !

Don't depend on Neurotoxin or any other Joe to tell you how to time the market, bro.

oh brother, another naysayer.  ::)

don't waste my time.

NT