Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 467524 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k (**Strictly Moderated--SEE FIRST POST**)
« Reply #2150 on: July 28, 2009, 11:35:13 AM »
Neuro:

You meant he economy is not on a V Shape recovery and things are rapidly improving???

personally i'd like to see V shaped recovery but not sure it will occur. with the Market now tied directly to the Banks/Fed/PPT its a totally different ballgame, so anything's possible.

the Market's resilience despite no volume......speaks volumes.   ;)

Just my opinion.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2151 on: July 28, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »

S&P 875 support was tested and held yesterday.(870 was low) anticipate a short cover rally off said support.

NT

870 to 982 on unremarkable volume.

be careful.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2153 on: July 29, 2009, 02:47:04 AM »

as long as the Banks are controlled by the Feds/PPT, Market fundamentals and Market movement are completely irrelevant. in this type environment Technicals are your only compass.

furthermore, institutional traders are less interested in selling shares or shorting the Market as long as the Banks continue to be propped/manipulated.

why such manipulation you ask ? short answer: wealth effect. consumers drive 70% of our economy...... if the consumer "feels good" about the Stock Market/401k they tend to spend more, thereby increasing GDP with the hope of ending our prolonged recession. is the system "fixed" ? Yes.

just my opinion.

NT

personally i'd like to see V shaped recovery but not sure it will occur. with the Market now tied directly to the Banks/Fed/PPT its a totally different ballgame, so anything's possible.

Just my opinion.

NT

guys, with Market manipulation at unprecedented levels, a push to 1,000 (S&P) is not completely out of the question. furthermore, a breakout ABOVE 1,000 and my Long Term Opinion would shift to more Bullish. (while holding my nose)

currently we're in unchartered territory w/ the Feds owning the Banking system, so anything can happen!

banks control the Market, Feds control the banks. any questions ?

just my opinion.

NT

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2154 on: July 29, 2009, 04:26:30 AM »
guys, with Market manipulation at unprecedented levels, a push to 1,000 (S&P) is not completely out of the question. furthermore, a breakout ABOVE 1,000 and my Long Term Opinion would shift to more Bullish. (while holding my nose)

currently we're in unchartered territory w/ the Feds owning the Banking system, so anything can happen!

just my opinion.

NT

I have a theory, what do you think?

Massive selloff in the fall in the next two months or a little later.  The insiders know what it going on and are trying cash in as much as possible now before the collapse.  The runup is a way to recoup losses on the march lows. 

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2155 on: July 30, 2009, 05:53:39 AM »
I have a theory, what do you think?

Massive selloff in the fall in the next two months or a little later.  The insiders know what it going on and are trying cash in as much as possible now before the collapse.  The runup is a way to recoup losses on the march lows. 

anythings possible in current environment.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2156 on: July 30, 2009, 06:02:01 AM »

just my opinion.

NT

based on above and recent Market action, my current opinion is much more Bullish. Market forces seem determined to push this Market higher.

just my opinion.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2157 on: July 30, 2009, 02:46:18 PM »

just my opinion.

NT

S&P rallied to 998.6 on unremarkable volume before selling off into the close.( 986.0)

failing to breakout above 1000 should produce a much needed pullback.

just my opinion.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2158 on: August 01, 2009, 05:26:28 AM »
S&P rallied to 998.6 on unremarkable volume before selling off into the close.( 986.0)

just my opinion.

NT

not much happening as we sit below 1000. yesterdays close 987 w/ no volume. 

guys, once we officially turn Bullish, it's important to be invested in the next 'Bubble Sector'. our country's dependent on temporary Bubbles to stimulate the economy. ( Tech bubble, Housing bubble etc) this time should be no different.

just my opinion.

NT

astro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2159 on: August 01, 2009, 10:25:47 AM »
so what's the next bubble?

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2160 on: August 03, 2009, 06:53:34 AM »

just my opinion.

NT

opinion unchanged.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2161 on: August 03, 2009, 06:57:14 AM »
so what's the next bubble?

at the appropriate time i will pass along my opinion concerning above topic.

NT

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #2162 on: August 03, 2009, 01:15:47 PM »
Here's a bone for ya', kids. BAC is a BUY. $20 stock a year out.  ;)
Hope you all were paying attention.  ;)
!

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2163 on: August 05, 2009, 02:32:25 PM »
guys, with the Market being controlled by the Fed/Banks, a re-test/correction to the March lows appears unlikely. buying the Banking sector on pullbacks (XLF, GS, BAC,WFC, JPM, KRE) if you so choose, could produce nice LONG TERM returns.

S&P closed today @ 1,002. on anemic volume. Market continues to be OVERBOUGHT.

just my opinion.

NT

current market conditions revolve around the Banks. keep a close eye on GS. (WS's biggest ally)

NT

Banks control the Market, Feds control the Banks. any questions ?

just my opinion.

NT

as long as the Banks are controlled by the Feds/PPT, Market fundamentals and Market movement are completely irrelevant. in this type environment Technicals are your only compass.

furthermore, institutional traders are less interested in selling shares or shorting the Market as long as the Banks continue to be propped/manipulated.

why such manipulation you ask ? short answer: wealth effect. consumers drive 70% of our economy...... if the consumer "feels good" about the Stock Market/401k they tend to spend more, thereby increasing GDP with the hope of ending our prolonged recession. is the system "fixed" ? Yes.

just my opinion.

NT

Just my opinion.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2164 on: August 05, 2009, 02:56:33 PM »
Goldman Sachs, the $100-million-a-day company

AP
Investment bank Goldman Sachs made $100 million or more trading on the stock market on each of 46 trading days in the second quarter on 2009. In all, the company made at least that much money on 71 percent of the days it was doing business.

According to a report at Bloomberg news service, Goldman's profits are an all-time record -- beating out the previous record of 34 days of $100-million profits -- set by Goldman in the previous quarter.

Goldman, a major beneficiary of last fall's bank bailouts, by some accounts now controls half of all the program trading (computer-based automatic trading) done on Wall Street.

NT

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2165 on: August 05, 2009, 02:59:14 PM »
Goldman Sachs, the $100-million-a-day company

AP
Investment bank Goldman Sachs made $100 million or more trading on the stock market on each of 46 trading days in the second quarter on 2009. In all, the company made at least that much money on 71 percent of the days it was doing business.

According to a report at Bloomberg news service, Goldman's profits are an all-time record -- beating out the previous record of 34 days of $100-million profits -- set by Goldman in the previous quarter.

Goldman, a major beneficiary of last fall's bank bailouts, by some accounts now controls half of all the program trading (computer-based automatic trading) done on Wall Street.

NT

To the victor goes the spoils of the taxpayers' money.  . 

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2166 on: August 06, 2009, 08:26:59 AM »
guys... i expect the Market to remain essentially flat today. tomorrows unemployment and non-farm payroll numbers should spice things up heading into the weekend.

just my opinion.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2167 on: August 06, 2009, 01:20:44 PM »

guys... i expect the Market to remain essentially flat today. tomorrows unemployment and non-farm payroll numbers should spice things up heading into the weekend.

just my opinion.

NT

NEW YORK U.S. stocks traded slightly lower Thursday, weighed down by telecom, health care and energy stocks, though the declines were mitigated by continued strength in the financial sector.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average was down about 24 points at 9256, hurt by a decline in Procter & Gamble, which fell 3.9% a day after it reported a decline in fourth-quarter sales.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2168 on: August 10, 2009, 04:06:21 AM »

guys, with the Market being controlled by the Fed/Banks, a re-test/correction to the March lows appears unlikely. buying the Banking sector on pullbacks (XLF, GS, BAC,WFC, JPM, KRE) if you so choose, could produce nice LONG TERM returns.

Market continues to be OVERBOUGHT.

just my opinion.

NT

market continues to be overbought on low volume. anticipate a pullback in the coming days.

just my opinion.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2169 on: August 10, 2009, 01:09:54 PM »
U.S. Stocks Fall on Valuations; Eli Lilly, Best Buy, Nucor Drop

Aug. 10 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. stocks fell after four straight weeks of gains left the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index trading at its most-expensive relative to earnings in more than four years. European equities also dropped, while Treasuries rose for the first time in six days.

3M Co. and Alcoa Inc. led the Dow Jones Industrial Average lower. Eli Lilly & Co. and Best Buy Co. lost at least 3.3 percent after Goldman Sachs Group Inc. cut its rating on the shares. State Street Corp. slid 3.3 percent after saying it may deplete $625 million in reserves set aside in 2007 to settle claims stemming from losses linked to subprime mortgages.

The S&P 500 slipped from a 10-month high, retreating 0.5 percent to 1,005.38 as of 3:06 p.m. in New York. The Dow average fell 47.83 points, or 0.5 percent, to 9,322.24. Eight stocks fell for every five rising on the New York Stock Exchange.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2170 on: August 10, 2009, 01:25:05 PM »
guys despite todays modest pullback, Banks remain resilient and strong, helping prop the S&P above 1000. 1025 is not out of the equation in this type environment.

keep a close eye on GS.

just my opinion.

NT   

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2171 on: August 11, 2009, 04:51:08 PM »

market continues to be overbought on low volume. anticipate a pullback in the coming days.

just my opinion.

NT

Aug. 11 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. stocks dropped the most in a month, led by financials, after JPMorgan Chase & Co. said credit losses may overwhelm capital at MBIA Inc. and analyst Dick Bove said bank earnings won’t improve in the second half of the year.

MBIA, the biggest bond insurer, tumbled 13 percent after JPMorgan cut the company to “underweight.” All but one of 24 shares in the KBW Bank Index fell as Bove, analyst at Rochdale Securities, said banks will probably retreat. CIT Group Inc., the commercial lender trying to avoid a collapse, slid 19 percent after delaying its earnings report. Sprint Nextel Corp. and Yum! Brands Inc. declined on analyst downgrades.

The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index lost 1.3 percent to 994.35 its worst drop since July 7. The Dow Jones Industrial Average sank 96.5 points, or 1 percent, to 9,241.45. About four stocks fell for each that rose on the New York Stock Exchange.

“Most companies have beat earnings estimates, but they did it through cost savings,” said Alan Gayle, the Richmond, Virginia-based director of asset allocation at Ridgeworth Investments, which manages $60 billion. “Market expectations are being raised. The pressure is going to be on now that the consensus is we’re beginning a recovery.”

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2172 on: August 11, 2009, 04:59:36 PM »

Aug. 11 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. stocks dropped the most in a month, led by financials, after JPMorgan Chase & Co. said credit losses may overwhelm capital at MBIA Inc. and analyst Dick Bove said bank earnings won’t improve in the second half of the year.

hahhahahahahaha

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2173 on: August 12, 2009, 03:23:58 AM »

guys continue to focus on the Banks/Financials. as i've mentioned before, this is the ONLY sector moving the Market. (up or down) GS being the Kingpin.

just my opinion.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2174 on: August 17, 2009, 02:53:25 AM »
guys, without a significant correction/pullback since the March rally began, (on low volume) i'd be very careful on the Long side.

NT