Author Topic: Manion Says Disloyalty to the IFBB is Like Cheating on your Wife!!!  (Read 29987 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Manion Says Disloyalty to the IFBB is Like Cheating on your Wife!!!
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2007, 02:22:28 PM »
Bodybuilders lost control in this sport long ago. A few that keep their freedom don't get far. That is how it goes. Play ball or you don't make it to home base.

What is particularly nauseating are the platitudes of stooges like Chick and Shawn who are part of the IFBB machine.  Chick keeps his appointed position because he needs it to make himself sound important. His ethics evaporated long ago. For a so-called nice guy he really is something else.

Look at what happened to outspoken Lee and Milos. They got suspended. That is how the IFBB operates. They generate an atmosphere of fear so that everyone tows the line. It literally doesn't pay to speak out against injustices in this sport.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2007, 02:32:26 PM »

Which title?  The Bodybuilding.com Master's World Championship?  ;D

He's talking about Stan McQuay problably.  He's now a personal trainer for 50 cent and a number of other hip-hop artist.
A

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2007, 04:40:35 PM »
Bodybuilders lost control in this sport long ago. A few that keep their freedom don't get far. That is how it goes. Play ball or you don't make it to home base.

What is particularly nauseating are the platitudes of stooges like Chick and Shawn who are part of the IFBB machine.  Chick keeps his appointed position because he needs it to make himself sound important. His ethics evaporated long ago. For a so-called nice guy he really is something else.

Look at what happened to outspoken Lee and Milos. They got suspended. That is how the IFBB operates. They generate an atmosphere of fear so that everyone tows the line. It literally doesn't pay to speak out against injustices in this sport.

Funny you should mention that, as neither one of them was suspended for being outspoken......clueless as usual. At least you're consistant....

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2007, 05:19:09 PM »
okay firstly for a professional organisation the IFBB isn't acting very professional or smart.  Like him or not Lee Priest is popular and a draw card, people are going to want to see him and talk to him etc at shows, so the IFBB is missing another draw card athlete and in a fringe sport that's not always a good thing.  In terms of professionalism Lee doesn't exactly embody this but neither does the IFBB on this matter, the decision reeks of a personal agenda hidden by 'rules', which as been pointed out aren't always followed to the letter by the IFBB anyway.

Also to all the bashing of Chick as the athletes rep i'd just like to ask how many of the posters in this forum are IFBB pros for which Chick is a rep? I'm guessing zero! So he really doesn't have to answer anything to you and in fact his loyalty on matters like this should be with the IFBB and not with the fans, if this was a debate purely involving IFBB pros and they were asking these questions, then yes i'd think he was a poor athletes rep if everything the athletes brought up was shot down by him with IFBB nonsense.  I'm not saying this is what Chick does by the way cause i'm not an IFBB athlete so he's not my rep, therefore i have no way to say whether he is good or not, all i'm saying is he has no obligation to you 'fans' so stop trying to make it sound like he's screwing you. 
Abandon every hope...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2007, 05:33:27 PM »
Funny you should mention that, as neither one of them was suspended for being outspoken...
Excellent point. 

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2007, 08:22:55 PM »
Funny you should mention that, as neither one of them was suspended for being outspoken......clueless as usual. At least you're consistant....

well, technically you're incorrect there Chick.

Milos was suspended for being outspoken. the problem was, his 'outspoken' behaviour was breach of the rules of professional conduct of an ifbb member ie the ifbb was obligated to suspend him and, iti, it was a correct and fair decision.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2007, 08:33:38 PM »
Chick is a sophist who tries to win every argument any way he can. What a stooge he is. He is the personifcation of being clueless. That is why he was appointed to his silly position. Sure the majority of bodybuilders are knuckleheads. That is why it is easy to control them. Who the ^%#%# do Manion and Chick think they are messing with the lives of bodybuilders? You hypocrites can go to hell. Test the sheep for drugs for Christsakes. Even that big hypocrite AS should be ashamed of what he allows in his contest. Clean us this sordid, unhealthy and extremely unprofessional sport.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2007, 08:40:11 PM »
Chick is a sophist who tries to win every argument any way he can. What a stooge he is. He is the personifcation of being clueless. That is why he was appointed to his silly position. Sure the majority of bodybuilders are knuckleheads. That is why it is easy to control them. Who the ^%#%# do Manion and Chick think they are messing with the lives of bodybuilders? You hypocrites can go to hell. Test the sheep for drugs for Christsakes. Even that big hypocrite AS should be ashamed of what he allows in his contest. Clean us this sordid, unhealthy and extremely unprofessional sport.

STFU and go back to re-inventing things that have been around for 200 years....

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2007, 08:45:13 PM »

Robert Michael, don't let this man get to you.  You are a good representative of this sport.

See you in Rochester,
"1"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2007, 08:49:07 PM »
Robert Michael, don't let this man get to you.  You are a good representative of this sport.

See you in Rochester,
"1"

LOL...Pleeeeeease. THis old fool cant get to anyone, least of all me....he has the distinct disadvantage of not knowing WTF he's talking about...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2007, 10:41:26 PM »

Ha, ha. In classic Getbig vernacular.......Meltdow n!

Look, Bob, you should be pleased that there are people out there who can criticize what is happening. Otherwise, whatever purpose does your annointed position serve? The IFBB resembles a political party in power and it is definitely jobs for the boys. Nice to see your ass-kissing is appreciated by JM and RS. Seems to me you qualify with your BS.

I have been around bodybuilding for a long time. I have seen guys like you come and go. There is something about wearing one of those official blue blazers that transcends you meatheads into asskissers!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2007, 10:50:32 PM »

Ha, ha. In classic Getbig vernacular.......Meltdow n!

Look, Bob, you should be pleased that there are people out there who can criticize what is happening. Otherwise, whatever purpose does your annointed position serve? The IFBB resembles a political party in power and it is definitely jobs for the boys. Nice to see your ass-kissing is appreciated by JM and RS. Seems to me you qualify with your BS.

I have been around bodybuilding for a long time. I have seen guys like you come and go. There is something about wearing one of those official blue blazers that transcends you meatheads into asskissers!!

I am one of those people that criticizes whats happening, thats what I do, and what my position is...

Please explain what "ass kissing" I do....?

You've seen "guys like me" come and go, huh?  Like who?  Sorry to dissapoint you, but I aint going anywhere for quite a while...

BTW...I don't wear a Blue Blazer, nor am I an official. Wrong again...........

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2007, 11:07:26 PM »
cant believe were talking about this. if the pros do not want anything to change why are we complaining. the pros are supposedly making the money here not us.

bob is not the bad guy anything from it. he is trying to help these dumb ass pro bodybuilders but they do not want to be helped so why is everyone sweating him like he is the bad guy. :-\

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2007, 11:26:09 PM »
TEN OTHER WAYS THE IFBB IS JUST LIKE YOUR WIFE

1. You shell out money every year for "membership" and get nothing in return.
2. You often think how much happier you'd be without them.
3. They nag you a lot over stupid, insignificant things.
4. If they catch you even looking at another organization, you're in deep doo-doo.
5. They ask you for your opinion and then punish you for expressing it.
6. If you don't kiss their ass every second of the day, they make your life miserable.
7. They'd rather you f*ck a grapefruit or swing your dick in a guy's face than kiss another girl.
8. They make up the rules as they go along.
9. They only forgive you for cheating if you buy them $50,000 in jewelry.
10. They refuse to let you f*ck them in their ass.

I can deal with the first 9, but damn, I gotta get the booty hole from time to time :P :-*
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2007, 01:05:42 AM »
Hey, Bob, I am sure it would be fun debating with you in person. Too bad you have to try to score points online. When someone nails you on moral grounds you reply denying particulars. When you get nailed re particulars you escape with platitudes. 'Doing my best.' and other nonsense. You wear a blue blazer even if you don't notice it. Wake up to your sinful self. I suppose you feel you are important because literally no one else wants that appointed 'job'. We will see little change with you there. We will surely get more of the same from you great administators and assistants.

Hope this helps.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2007, 07:26:38 AM »
Bob..doesn't it feel embarassing having people constantly bashing this muscle worshiping old perverts aka bob and joe and others and u defending them and the ifbb ?.... Let me ask u something : who voted u athletes rep ?.....shouldnt u represent their interests ?...you talk to Lee not as his rep but as an ifbb employee . It's mindboggling how people accuse u of being ifbb's little errand boy and u keep twistingg it and yapping about it and somehow u manage to show how : IFBB is right and THE ATHLETE  is WRONG.  :-\

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2007, 08:15:31 AM »
Hey, Bob, I am sure it would be fun debating with you in person. Too bad you have to try to score points online. When someone nails you on moral grounds you reply denying particulars. When you get nailed re particulars you escape with platitudes. 'Doing my best.' and other nonsense. You wear a blue blazer even if you don't notice it. Wake up to your sinful self. I suppose you feel you are important because literally no one else wants that appointed 'job'. We will see little change with you there. We will surely get more of the same from you great administators and assistants.

Hope this helps.

There is no debate with you...you cant formulate an intelligent enough counter to have a debate with.

Go back and review your own responses, notice how you never come up with anything to back your lame ass up....or anything in particular. Classic of an internet warrior who has no insight to reality....

Respond with more bullshit like your muscle missions buddy...and by all means, post another "front elbow" pic...It does show that for your age...you look much older.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »
Bob..doesn't it feel embarassing having people constantly bashing this muscle worshiping old perverts aka bob and joe and others and u defending them and the ifbb ?.... Let me ask u something : who voted u athletes rep ?.....shouldnt u represent their interests ?...you talk to Lee not as his rep but as an ifbb employee . It's mindboggling how people accuse u of being ifbb's little errand boy and u keep twistingg it and yapping about it and somehow u manage to show how : IFBB is right and THE ATHLETE  is WRONG.  :-\
haha Sevatease started learning about BB in 2005
The Number 2 in Scranton

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2007, 02:04:35 PM »
Well, Bob, Jim Manion has taught you well. If you can't win an argument attack the person. If you can't do that then try to make fun of him. Eg., use things that are commonly disapproved of or feared such as fatness or old age.

There is little chance that anyone intelligent can have a civil argument with you. Do you have any notion about what a disciplined argument is? You know, the kind done in seminars in university graduate classes. I suppose, like so many others here, your idea of a seminar is giving information and letting others listen to you pontificate.

One thing is indisputable. You have been trained to always get the last word in. The wise man knows when to keep his mouth shut. Thank goodness little common sense is required for that annointed position of professional athletes rep. You should be ashamed of your performance on Getbig. You behave like a common thug and bully. You contaminate everything you touch in this sport.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2007, 03:05:16 PM »
In this thread it appears that I have some vendetta against Bob. That is not at all what is going on. He, on the other hand, tries to embarrass and dismiss me any way he can. I am clueless, out of touch, old, and so on. Even my photos are suspect because I know how to make an arm look bigger. That is what posing is all about.

The question that is missed here is why does Bob resort to personal attacks against those who criticize him or the IFBB? Why should a public athletes representative of the IFBB be so foul-mouthed and nasty on line? That is surely not the way to make friends and influence people. Bob uses tried and true street tactics on the hapless critics of the IFBB. He uses any means he can to put them down and discredit their opinions.

I can support my use of the word 'stooge' when referring to Bob C. He is that and more. Maybe he is even the IFBB patsy!

The ironical thing is I am starting to sound like Hank Wood!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2007, 03:37:32 PM »
In this thread it appears that I have some vendetta against Bob. That is not at all what is going on. He, on the other hand, tries to embarrass and dismiss me any way he can. I am clueless, out of touch, old, and so on. Even my photos are suspect because I know how to make an arm look bigger. That is what posing is all about.

The question that is missed here is why does Bob resort to personal attacks against those who criticize him or the IFBB? Why should a public athletes representative of the IFBB be so foul-mouthed and nasty on line? That is surely not the way to make friends and influence people. Bob uses tried and true street tactics on the hapless critics of the IFBB. He uses any means he can to put them down and discredit their opinions.

I can support my use of the word 'stooge' when referring to Bob C. He is that and more. Maybe he is even the IFBB patsy!

The ironical thing is I am starting to sound like Hank Wood!

is Hank Wood(UK Gold) a friend of yours?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2007, 03:54:01 PM »
I don't know who Hank Wood is. He sounds like some missionary fanatic the way he attacks people's values and behaviour.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2007, 05:01:32 PM »
Well, Bob, Jim Manion has taught you well. If you can't win an argument attack the person. If you can't do that then try to make fun of him. Eg., use things that are commonly disapproved of or feared such as fatness or old age.

If I cant win the argument? What argument?? All I see is unprovoked nonsense offered by your lame self...without any knowledge on the subject, or any evidence brought forward despite me asking you to on numerous occasions....I answer you "in kind", like I do everyone here....you act like an asshole, so you're treated like an asshole.....

There is little chance that anyone intelligent can have a civil argument with you. Do you have any notion about what a disciplined argument is? You know, the kind done in seminars in university graduate classes. I suppose, like so many others here, your idea of a seminar is giving information and letting others listen to you pontificate.

As stated above...by all means, show some proof of any sensicle counter point you've attempted to make. Apparently, it's YOU that doesn't know the meaning of what it is to have some idea of what you're talking about before making ridiculous statements based on heresay, assumptions, ans the internet for your sources of "inside info"...

One thing is indisputable. You have been trained to always get the last word in. The wise man knows when to keep his mouth shut. Thank goodness little common sense is required for that annointed position of professional athletes rep. You should be ashamed of your performance on Getbig. You behave like a common thug and bully. You contaminate everything you touch in this sport.

I get the last word in, because you cant offer up any counter to my responses...I answer with facts and expert opinion as someone who is involved in current decision making, rules, negotiations, etc.....and what were your qualifications again...? Oh yeah..you won the "Mr. Canada" back in 1902, and build overly complicated, needless equipment.

BTW...if you think you're some sort of "master poser" by not knowing how to properly hit a bicep shot...think again. You're just a old guy with small arms that's making an ass of himself on the internet....

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2007, 05:06:38 PM »

LMAO ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2007, 07:37:34 PM »
You know, bodybuilders always amaze me. They complain about gyms and equipment but how many have actually come up with anything new or better? I give credit to guys like Joe Gold and Larry Scott who have advanced what gyms and good equipment are. Most of the designers of gym equipment are not bodybuilders nor have they any interest in making effective bodybuilding equipment. The exception was Arthur Jones who pioneered designs that have changed the industry forever. Just about everyone was influenced by Nautilus equipment. That being said, where is the Nautilus or Medx or Cybex biceps-supinator machine? Where is a chin machine that can support individuals up to 500 pounds?

Bob dismisses some of the designs that I originated but where is anything original from him? I doubt we will see any such thing. Ditto for 99.99 percent of those who post in internet discussion boards. So many are great at criticizing but few have anything original to contribute that is positive to the sport of bodybuilding.