Author Topic: Traps  (Read 2113 times)

endless_raine

• Getbig II
Traps
« on: November 13, 2007, 10:42:20 PM »
Is it better to train your traps? Who thinks that it is actually better to not train your traps? I mean, if you're going for the shape and looks.. would not that traps look pretty ugly on you, if it's too big? Who actually omits their traps training?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Traps
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 11:29:05 PM »
If you want an even and well developed physique, then of course you should train your traps. Saying stuff like they are ugly implies that you are either (1) a female, or (2) not serious about bodybuilding and training in general.

Your traps are a very big muscle, they don't just make your neck look bigger, they also are vital for back thickness. If your serious about bodybuilding or training, you should train all muscles, regardless of if you think they are "ugly" or not.
No doubt about it...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 12:02:39 AM »
You have to be very careful with the traps when it comes to cosmetic bodybuilding.  If you're like me and your traps grow like wildfire than you need to take it easy and train them direcly seldomly as big traps tend to make you look narrow.

endless_raine

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 12:10:29 AM »
You have to be very careful with the traps when it comes to cosmetic bodybuilding.  If you're like me and your traps grow like wildfire than you need to take it easy and train them direcly seldomly as big traps tend to make you look narrow.

yes. that's what i mean by narrow.. It's not that i'm not serious about bodybuilding.. but i just want a better body to look better, not animal-like. lol.. yea.. if your trap is big, it seems like an arrow from your neck down.. which makes your body look kindda like sluggish or something.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 04:22:53 AM »
I do a lot of delt work but only 3 direct sets for traps................... .overdeveloped traps will give you a sloped shouldered look detracting from your shoulder width.

Traps get hit a lot with delts and back so keep direct trap training to a minimum if you wanna` look wide.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 04:47:30 AM »
I do a lot of delt work but only 3 direct sets for traps................... .overdeveloped traps will give you a sloped shouldered look detracting from your shoulder width.

Traps get hit a lot with delts and back so keep direct trap training to a minimum if you wanna` look wide.

I hated that rounded look. I stopped training traps for a while. It seemed like my traps grew but my delts didn't Also a lot of football players have that sloped shoulder look.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 10:27:22 AM »
can you guys give some examples of bodybuilders you feel would've been better off training traps less?
Z

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 11:20:44 AM »
can you guys give some examples of bodybuilders you feel would've been better off training traps less?

Jonnie Jackson.

endless_raine

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 02:39:47 PM »

Arnold's trap doesn't look that big compare to his shoulder and delts.. and also.. THE ROCK?

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 04:52:13 PM »
Ive got wide shoulders, big back and upper chest-those parts all grow easily-i never ever did any trap or shrug work, now i shrug 6 sets heavy and love it.  I think it has made my other lifts stronger.  I think lifters with narrow shoulders have traps that stand up straight and are very visible from the front, if you have wide shoulders they are more visible from the back.

Traps are a big muscle group, its dumb to ignore them.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 06:00:06 PM »
i think that the traps get a good work out from other exercises especially if you do deads or power cleans although i dont know many people who do power cleans anymore, but most i would think dont need all that much direct work i do like 3 sets for them every one or two weeks

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 12:29:44 AM »

Mike Mentzner.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 04:02:20 AM »
here's mentzer, too big traps?

and johnnie jackson got some big traps, not that visible in this pic tho

but in this  :o

Z

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 08:53:02 AM »
I think you should train your traps.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 07:21:01 PM »
i've never seen traps too big

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 07:29:47 PM »
too big?

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 07:37:30 PM »
nah, look awesome, but never too big

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 07:38:55 PM »
nah, look awesome, but never too big

i agree. i just hate lou  :)

endless_raine

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 10:14:47 PM »
Do you guys rather look like a monster or look more appealing.. Cause i don't think girls like it a lot. I rather have a built body that looks attractive overall.. But Traps do make you look fierce...

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 10:16:59 PM »
Do you guys rather look like a monster or look more appealing.. Cause i don't think girls like it a lot. I rather have a built body that looks attractive overall.. But Traps do make you look fierce...

i want to get so big that people look at me and throw up!