Author Topic: p90x workout system  (Read 4543 times)

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
  • 1 DiRty Dawg eat dawg world...
p90x workout system
« on: November 14, 2007, 06:50:22 AM »
I've been training consistantly over the past year with some good gains and fat loss. About 2 months ago i injured my shoulder, after going to the Dr. he said i should take a few months off from training w weights because of a deep bruise. He said light weight and stretching is ok. watching tv the other day i seen an informercial for this p90x workout system. it's supposed to be a 90 day system with all different types of workouts from weights, to yogo, karate etc etc. supposedly the constant changes in workouts confuses your body and you get really lean quick.... Has anyone heard of this? i looked up reviews and can't find anything bad about this program...

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: p90x workout system
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 10:25:16 AM »
i got it dl i think it's a shitload of dvds

i havent got around to watch ill take a look and let you know my first impression
Z

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 07:29:12 AM »
i should receive mine sometime next week. let me know Bluto...thanks

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 02:08:18 PM »
oh you ordered it already
Z

FLEX N FREAK

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 03:57:13 PM »
bluto, you have it down loaded ? will you share

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 05:59:22 AM »
YEAH, I ORDERED IT...i 'll be honest, no usually one for infomercials or yoga or aerobics. But this guy sold me. Not to mention i cant find a bad review except it being hard to complete. i'll take that kind of challenge, not to mention all the guys on the commercial were shredded to the bone. Granted they could all be actors. It was $120, i took a shot...plus i'm over 30 now, the stretching they do has to be good for you...

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 04:48:02 AM »
if anyone cares, i did the 1st workout of this program yesterday and it is sick. THe 1st workout is back and chest. It's 60min long just about nonstop. There is a 10 min warm up in the begining and a 5 min cool down at the end, throw in about 3 30sec water breaks and the rest is pounding chest and back. Luckily my shoulder felt pretty good because of the long warm up in the begining. This series is def not for beginers i'll tell that much, i struggled and i consider myself fairly seasoned in working out. The heart rate was pumping. Basically it broke down to pullups, dumbell rows and pushups using different hand and foot placings and you had to go to failure on every set. I woke this morn about 14 hours after the workout and my lats feel like the are going to tear through my shirt, i am really impressed. I think this workout will be good for the next 3 -4 months, hopefully i'll get my shoulder to heal and i'll be back in the gym in time for the spring season. Luckily i was able to freeze my gym membership too. I'll keep you guys posted on the daily workouts.

MadJimF

• Getbig II
  • Dynamic Tension
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 07:10:42 AM »
I did the original power 90 years back, worked great, lost fat, toned up.  I think it's great cardio / toning program.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 09:19:20 AM »
If anyone is interested they could do a search for a torrent (Mininova, Bit Torrent, SpyNova, etc) that would have the P90x programs on it. Just download the ab workout, for example, and see if it suits your needs. Rather than investing the whole $120 for the full training tapes. This would be a no cost torrent. If the taste of their system suits you, than buy the whole series for the $120.

Warning:If you do not care to pirate anything than do not. Some may be legal and some not. One of the advantages of training some Geeks is untold computer and internet knowledge I gain from them. A  couple BP'ing 400+, so would that take them out of the Geek class? Another guy cheat curls near 220 for 4-6 reps. Good Luck.
F

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 09:37:02 AM »
i think its a sound product,it is not a quick fix like everyone else is trying to sell.my ex-girlfriend had great results with p90x.

bench

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 05:30:00 AM »
To date i've yet to complete the entire series, i must admit i am somewhat disappointed, reason being is the intensity levels. The only other reason i could think of this is because of my individual fitness and with these DVDs my strongest and weakest parts are showing. What i mean is this, they do a lot lot lot of pull ups with all different hand variations. on the dvds they are doing sets of 15 - 20 going all the way down and all the way up of which i can only do 8 at a clip, i feel like i am not getting the full workout, so i jump to the bands and start doing rows while they're completing their pull ups on tape.

1 tape is called plyometrics, they compare this to a football training. This is by far the hardest of the group, doing sets of 20 - 30 squats w/o weight using all different foot positions, i made it through a half hour of this hour long workout before throwing in the towel. After that was YOGA, i'm 6 3 @ 220lbs, i'm not exactly a small guy, i got extremely frustrated attempting to do this hour and a half long workout, did 30 min and threw in the towel. The shoulder - Arm workout wasn't very challenging (again, maybe because they are a strong point) and last night i did Kenop Karate, although fun and working up quite a sweat, i didn't feel like i accomplished much, maybe it's the gym rat mind set of not feeling totally pumped after the workout.  The Leg workout was pretty good, but when not using weight i feel like i didn't accomplish anything.

I will admit however that i have yet to invest in a pair of dbs and have been using the bands and this may also be part of the reason for my lack of satisfaction.

i'm still undecided and will keep you guys posted at the moment the only disc i'm not happy with is yoga, i won't give up on it though..

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 06:59:14 AM »
It's a superior program IMO if followed properly. The variations in workouts help keep it fresh in ways other programs won't. If you put the work and eating changes in place you'll see  changes. They don't pretend in the infomercials that it's easy.

WH33L3R

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 07:41:23 PM »
hmm .. would this program build muscle .. or is it only for weigh loss  .. and theres No waaay id pay 120$ for it, i know where to get it many place for Free ,, but .. cant share

build muscle? or weigh loss

I was also wondering another thing

to build muscle is it .. high reps low weigh ... or low weigh high reps?? which is it for strength

ty

BatistaSL

• Getbig II
  • Whatever doesn't kill me, Makes me Stronger!
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 09:44:30 PM »
bluto, you have it down loaded ? will you share

can you share..Pls??

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 12:23:28 AM »
Also available more cheaply used on craiglist.org and elsewhere.

If you do the work seriously and have the needed few pieces of equipment it'll work when coupled with decent diet.

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »
the best way to break this series down is ciruit training, i have since sold the system and got the majority of my money back, i must admit, i can't workout in the house, i was going stir crazy, i need that gym atmosphere, the house has too many distractions.

All in all i think anyone w at least a set of 20lbs dbs, a pull up rack and a set of bands should give it a try. i honestly wish i was able to stick w it, i couldn't do it, i had too many things against me, with that being said, i would still tell anyone to give it a try.