Author Topic: At Nationals From Alex A  (Read 20505 times)

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
At Nationals From Alex A
« on: November 17, 2007, 07:41:44 AM »
 I just wanted to let you know whats going on.

I was not judged, according to one of the judges I spoke with. My color, was simply ridiculous.  On my way to the gym this morning I approached one of the judges from the show. These are his words "In his opinion of  25 years of judging he never had seen anything like it. Your face was black, color uneven and horrible, couldnt see any muscle seperation, couldt see anything, it washed you out, it was like you were not even there."

I totally agree looking at myself and now looking at myself after i scrubbed this shit off  the color helped make me look flat, showed no seperation or lines, no grains and not much vascularity

Totall rookie move!  Im first to admitt that. 

I had it done right before the show and it was very uneven and actually just terrible. I
Its very hard to travel from Los Angeles to compete, alone.  I didnt realize how hard.  First of all, no microwave in the room, no fridge and you cant cook. I called ahead of time and was told there will be a microwave in each room and fridge and actually called twice to double check make sure.

That threw me way off and caused me some serious stress, especially the way I am about preparing food etc. It was tough. Being alone, I did worry, stess, etc with no one really to keep my spirits up about it. Lots of pressure from everyone. Hey, not to brag but my lost competition was a USA win. And before that a win at the L.A as a welter. I felt some pressure dont you think?

It was really tough to make sure I did all the right things at the end, even though all I had to do was the same that i did one week ago. Its not the same. The stress fucks your body up!

I had to make weight on thursdy wich stressed me out since i was over the limit leading up to this for a while and I had to cut out food and water. I was flat as hell and looked very small at the weigh in. NOt full at all. Then I never really ate or fillled out  accordingly. I should have never come down to this with class. When I was posting my prep pics, i weighed in the low 160's

The number one reason, and I worry about this, I have to get this under control or I will never succeed here is this.  For some reason, I stressed badly, causing myself to really hold water or muscle to break down. I knew i was in great shape, lean, but didnt quite look the same, at all!

I dont know why? I started losing weight and couldnt keep it on. i was drinking too much to try to fill out. My whole plan sorta faded out at the end here. Its much worse than just sitting back here and saying you should relax etc. I had so many people telling me different things. 

I will not make excuses, this was a good learning experience for me.  I did what I set out to do, and thats get in the best shape of my life.

I dont want to argue with Isaac. Like he said, hes a camera man, not a bodybuilder, hes not my friend or enemy. I know hes involved in the sport,. To Isaac, Im a no body, im not a mass monster, im not a big structred guy etc.  But to me, hes no body. Thats just how it is. He isnt a bodybuilder or a friend etc. we mean nothing to eachother. No offense. I  just dont prefere to start wars on the boards. 

But he can post his pics of me not at my best( but thats what he saw)and say what he wants about me. But in a way, i dont blame him, thats what he does and he should do.

But l got some great feedback from some awesome bodyuilders, competitors, judges, etc.

I thought I did an awesome prep for this show, an awesome plan but I had some serious faults. One being over excited about getting in shape early. I probably should have slowed down in order to hold more of the muscle size that I had at two and a half weeks out. I did probably over train peaked a bit early probably and did not show up at my best the day of the show. So In a way, you can say, I fucked up. It is my fault. Of course is

If you read all of my posts. I dont think I ever said I would smoke anyone, beat anyone or even win. How can I ?  Im not judging the show.  I said I did the best prep and got in the best shape of my life, check out my progres etc. Many of you guys did the rest. Hopefully that didnt come accross as cocky, or arrogant. I think I have really tried to be pretty humble leading up to this.

I have a national win. A class win at the  USA. Im proud of that.

That is huge for me! I dont have trainers, prep guys, a team of helpers and Im not a personal trainer. Like i said, im just a family guy that loves to train, workout, do cardio, eat clean and live healthy. I did post my prep pics, but never used them to compare to others, bad mouth anyone or even say I would win or anything. Just posted and answered questions. I explained to many guys, that Im a small guy, and conditioning is my strength.  I compete becasue I want to put all the hard work to the test. I failed on this day!

But I have not failed as a bodybuilder. I am in shape all year. I do cardio all year. I carry my food with me all year. I dont half ass my workouts, I train alone. I have an awesome wife, kid, home etc. Its not my life. Im like most of you guys, into it, but just maybe alittle more than some, shit maybe less than some.

as far as training goes:

Im not changing nothing. I scrubbed off this tan and will re apply a normal coat of tan and thats it. I dont have any good pics of me because I looked like crap, so today Im going to work on getting some great pics to share!

I will go to the show tonight and just enjoy.  Nothing changes for me.  I plan on writing more about my feelings etc but they wont be bitter full of complaints etc. But I do have so much to talk about. Alot of awesome people in the sport have approached me with their opinons etc. I just cant make everyone happy, camera guys etc, friends of some competitors, some competitors maybe. It just cant happen. But I owe you guys a more indepth detail of this if you want to hear. Take care and thanks you guys!  One last word.  I think the judge nailed the placing appropriately. Especially in my class, after the weigh in I talked to my wife on the phone and told her who I thought would be the toughest guy in the class, he was the guy who won, and deserved it!   peace out! alex a

P.S. Thanks guys!  Lets keep in touch
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: At Nationals From Alex A
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 08:03:45 AM »
don't worry about it Alex, pull it together for the night show and kick some ass.

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 08:11:53 AM »
just curious but,, who did your coloring? did you do it yourself? i mean,, WTF????
LOCAL GYM HERO

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 08:16:49 AM »
Alex by putting it all out there you've gained alot of buds.  Don't worry about Isaac, he was just pussy sore because I said the Flex shots sucked right after they went up before I knew it was him taking them, and he knows you're my boy so he had no mercy when it came to critiquing your showing.  That's what all that was about; see how that works?   ;D

What he said and showed was pretty much spot on, though.  He just put it out there kinda unsympathetically, but you're exactly right; that is his job.     

Isaac, I know they're pushing you to get the shots up really fast, and I appreciate the fast coverage.  You did get some interesting shots going back and forth from the side and the center; that was a bold move.  I'm just pussy sore because I wish I could help direct some of this action somehow, but I still don't know exactly what I could do for anyone, so there is probably some misdirected frustration coming from me, going to the wrong places.  You are an excellent photographer, I am sure of that; it's not even a question as to whether or not you're as good as anyone else out there; you have some of the best shots on a very consistent basis and I've told you before that you're making the best-looking websites in the industry right now, etc.   It's just frustrating for those of us trying to check out the weight classes when we can't see standardized shots of everyone in the lineup.  One person can only do so much up there and I know you like the creative side of it more than you do the point-click-shoot-repeat monotony that comes with getting those standard shots, so you were just trying to mix it up.  I don't blame you one bit.        

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 08:18:46 AM »
what was that shit, something from russia?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 08:44:25 AM »

respect.

mad respect.

alex,

anyone who competes has been there.

it isn't the challenge of winning that makes us do what we do- the thought of beating others in your class doesn't power you thru months weeks of prep, it's the challenge of knowing on that day, you couldn't have shown up better than you did.

it isn't like you did not prepare for this show. you were DICED. you were THERE. this alone should provide you with the comfort of knowing that you are knocking on the door.

you didnt lose. you didnt fail yourself, your family your friends or anyone on here.

take what you learned and turn it into the positive. get back on the horse. you have nothing to prove to anyone, just yourself now.

im not going to blow smoke up your ass and give you the whole' your a winner just cause you got up there'. thats not good enough and we both know it.

next year, finish it.

you know what to do, where things got de-railed. fix it and finish it.

you owe it to no one but yourself now.

best of luck in '08.

b

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 08:44:34 AM »
Alex................ever y show is a learning experience (that's how we progress!)

your name is "out there" now,next show will be "your time!"

(have fun tonite/get some great pictures)

peace

Mike

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 09:03:14 AM »
Alex................every show is a learning experience (that's how we progress!)

your name is "out there" now,next show will be "your time!"

(have fun tonite/get some great pictures)

peace

Mike

Right on, Mike.  I wanna see Alex move into the welters next showing, just as ripped.  He'll have more detail to show in his back after that; it'll be awesome.  Alex you've GOTTA put on some size from here, man...what the hell else are you gonna do besides possibly help prep other people between now and then?  I don't even think that after another year of training, regardless of what you do, that you could make weight for the lightweights anyway, you barely made it this time.     

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »
You did your best.
Respect.

Good luck in the future.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 09:28:48 AM »

I was not judged, according to one of the judges I spoke with. My color, was simply ridiculous.  On my way to the gym this morning I approached one of the judges from the show, Link Swenson. These are his words "In his opinion of  25 years of judging he never had seen anything like it. Your face was black, color uneven and horrible, couldnt see any muscle seperation, couldt see anything, it washed you out, it was like you were not even there."

I totally agree looking at myself and now looking at myself after i scrubbed this shit off  the color helped make me look flat, showed no seperation or lines, no grains and not much vascularity

Totall rookie move!  Im first to admitt that.  Link actually told me, "REDEME YOURSELF"

I had it done right before the show and it was very uneven and actually just terrible. I
Its very hard to travel from Los Angeles to compete, alone.  I didnt realize how hard.  First of all, no microwave in the room, no fridge and you cant cook. I called ahead of time and was told there will be a microwave in each room and fridge and actually called twice to double check make sure.

That threw me way off and caused me some serious stress, especially the way I am about preparing food etc. It was tough. Being alone, I did worry, stess, etc with no one really to keep my spirits up about it. Lots of pressure from everyone. Hey, not to brag but my lost competition was a USA win. And before that a win at the L.A as a welter. I felt some pressure dont you think?

It was really tough to make sure I did all the right things at the end, even though all I had to do was the same that i did one week ago. Its not the same. The stress fucks your body up! A judge told somoene that got back to me that "alex is breaking down muscle" when she saw me at the weigh in. 

I had to make weight on thursdy wich stressed me out since i was over the limit leading up to this for a while and I had to cut out food and water. I was flat as hell and looked very small at the weigh in. NOt full at all. Then I never really ate or fillled out  accordingly.

The number one reason, and I worry about this, I have to get this under control or I will never succeed here is this.  For some reason, I stressed badly, causing myself to really hold water or muscle to break down. I knew i was in great shape, lean, but didnt quite look the same, at all!

I dont know why? I started losing weight and couldnt keep it on. i was drinking too much to try to fill out. My whole plan sorta faded out at the end here. Its much worse than just sitting back here and saying you should relax etc. I had so many people telling me different things. 

I will not make excuses, this was a good learning experience for me.  I did what I set out to do, and thats get in the best shape of my life.

I dont want to argue with Isaac. Like he said, hes a camera man, not a bodybuilder, hes not my friend or enemy. I know hes involved in the sport, but he has never been on stage but doesnt claim to have. To Isaac, Im a no body, im not a mass monster, im not a big structred guy etc.  But to me, hes no body. Thats just how it is. He isnt a bodybuilder or a friend etc. we mean nothing to eachother. No offense. I  just dont prefere to start wars on the boards. 

But he can post his pics of me not at my best( but thats what he saw)and say what he wants about me. But in a way, i dont blame him, thats what he does and he should do.

But l got some great feedback from some awesome bodyuilders, competitors, judges, etc.

I thought I did an awesome prep for this show, an awesome plan but I had some serious faults. One being over excited about getting in shape early. I probably should have slowed down in order to hold more of the muscle size that I had at two and a half weeks out. I did probably over train peaked a bit early probably and did not show up at my best the day of the show. So In a way, you can say, I fucked up. It is my fault. Of course is

If you read all of my posts. I dont think I ever said I would smoke anyone, beat anyone or even win. How can I ?  Im not judging the show.  I said I did the best prep and got in the best shape of my life, check out my progres etc. Many of you guys did the rest. Hopefully that didnt come accross as cocky, or arrogant. I think I have really tried to be pretty humble leading up to this.

That is huge for me! I dont have trainers, prep guys, a team of helpers and Im not a personal trainer. Like i said, im just a family guy that loves to train, workout, do cardio, eat clean and live healthy.  I compete becasue I want to put all the hard work to the test. I failed on this day!

But I have not failed as a bodybuilder. I am in shape all year. I do cardio all year. I carry my food with me all year. I dont half ass my workouts, I train alone. I have an awesome wife, kid, home etc. Its not my life. Im like most of you guys, into it, but just maybe alittle more than some, shit maybe less than some.

Im not done at all. I woke up sad, but Im cool. I dont have hard feelings. I did cardio this morning which is the day of the show, ate oatmeal, eggwhites etc.

Im not changing nothing. I scrubbed off this tan and will re apply a normal coat of tan and thats it. I dont have any good pics of me because I looked like crap, so today Im going to work on getting some great pics to share!

I will go to the show tonight and just enjoy.  Nothing changes for me.  I plan on writing more about my feelings etc, but they wont be bitter full of complaints etc. But I do have so much to talk about. Alot of awesome people in the sport have approached me with their opinons etc. I just cant make everyone happy, camera guys etc, friends of some competitors, some competitors maybe. It just cant happen. But I owe you guys a more indepth detail of this if you want to hear. Take care and thanks you guys! peace out! alex a

Inspirational...
I

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 09:35:03 AM »
What tanning product or products did you use for this show?  What did you use at theUSA?

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 09:40:21 AM »
I noticed you losing your condition this last week....want to work with me to figure out what happened?...Noel

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 09:41:35 AM »
I noticed you losing your condition this last week....want to work with me to figure out what happened?...Noel
hahahahahhaa, coming from a guy with no picture posted anywhere who claims to rep 465 on the bench yet won't post any proof. ::)

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 09:41:43 AM »
Adversity is your greatest teacher, in the end you learn the most from your failures, not your victories.

Finish strong tonight,

Good job!   ;)
just not good enough

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 09:42:34 AM »

Get this spam shit out of here.

PM him if you want to do business.
I

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 09:46:39 AM »
Lisp Studios is a queer though.
Deep Tissue Massage

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 09:49:13 AM »
Hey guys, I will get back to you asap, maybe be a while but I got some new color on and filling out by eating much more so I can get some good pics tonight. Thanks for everything. No offense to Isaac, it just seemed that he wanted to be damn sure that you know I didnt look so good. I never said shit about the quality of his photos, and photography is his job right? I did see him there and I know he doesnt bodybuild.  Take care and ketcha later!  alex a
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 09:50:53 AM »
Much Respect Alex, enjoy tonight and learn from it. You look great and will  succeed

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 09:51:32 AM »
Hey guys, I will get back to you asap, maybe be a while but I got some new color on and filling out by eating much more so I can get some good pics tonight. Thanks for everything. No offense to Isaac, it just seemed that he wanted to be damn sure that you know I didnt look so good. I never said shit about the quality of his photos, and photography is his job right? I did see him there and I know he doesnt bodybuild.  Take care and ketcha later!  alex a
good luck Alex, fucck all the negativity bullshit, you're the REAL DEAL, collect your thoughts and kick some ass.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »
Damn. All because of bad coloring.  :-\

Live and learn, homie.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 10:26:21 AM »
Alex. I wanted to write something inspirational here but Mac and "no one" beat me to it and I couldn't have said it better anyway.

Just want to stress .... "Learn by your mistakes".

And I gotta add this ..... Lift Studios is actually a hell of a good guy. I am unaware of what he said and why and how he said it that caused the offense, but I hope that you meet up with him today and shakie his paw see him from the same side of the fence as I have.

Don't leave Texas with friendships unresolved.

And go out of your way to shake as many hands as you can with your fellow competitors and the officials and promoters too. That's called "Working the room" by those with positive attitudes. Negative people call it "Kissing asses".

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2007, 10:31:38 AM »

I was not judged, according to one of the judges I spoke with. My color, was simply ridiculous.  On my way to the gym this morning I approached one of the judges from the show, Link Swenson. These are his words "In his opinion of  25 years of judging he never had seen anything like it. Your face was black, color uneven and horrible, couldnt see any muscle seperation, couldt see anything, it washed you out, it was like you were not even there."

Totall rookie move!  Im first to admitt that.  Link actually told me, "REDEME YOURSELF"

It was really tough to make sure I did all the right things at the end, even though all I had to do was the same that i did one week ago. Its not the same. The stress fucks your body up! A judge told somoene that got back to me that "alex is breaking down muscle" when she saw me at the weigh in. 

I had to make weight on thursdy wich stressed me out since i was over the limit leading up to this for a while and I had to cut out food and water. I was flat as hell and looked very small at the weigh in. NOt full at all. Then I never really ate or fillled out  accordingly.

I dont want to argue with Isaac. Like he said, hes a camera man, not a bodybuilder, hes not my friend or enemy. I know hes involved in the sport, but he has never been on stage but doesnt claim to have. To Isaac, Im a no body, im not a mass monster, im not a big structred guy etc.  But to me, hes no body. Thats just how it is. He isnt a bodybuilder or a friend etc. we mean nothing to eachother. No offense. I  just dont prefere to start wars on the boards. 

That is huge for me! I dont have trainers, prep guys, a team of helpers and Im not a personal trainer. Like i said, im just a family guy that loves to train, workout, do cardio, eat clean and live healthy.  I compete becasue I want to put all the hard work to the test. I failed on this day!

Im not done at all. I woke up sad, but Im cool. I dont have hard feelings. I did cardio this morning which is the day of the show, ate oatmeal, eggwhites etc.

I will go to the show tonight and just enjoy.  Nothing changes for me.  I plan on writing more about my feelings etc, but they wont be bitter full of complaints etc. But I do have so much to talk about. Alot of awesome people in the sport have approached me with their opinons etc. I just cant make everyone happy, camera guys etc, friends of some competitors, some competitors maybe. It just cant happen. But I owe you guys a more indepth detail of this if you want to hear. Take care and thanks you guys! peace out! alex a

MELTDOWN

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 11:00:18 AM »
Mike who the fuck are you? Please tell me you compete here in Oregon.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2007, 11:02:22 AM »
Hey squadfather..your right i'm a nobody ..just a posting wannabe

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 11:08:29 AM »
good luck Alex, fucck all the negativity bullshit, you're the REAL DEAL, collect your thoughts and kick some ass.
says the grand father of negativity ::)