Author Topic: Huckabee: Abortion not states' call  (Read 10774 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Huckabee: Abortion not states' call
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2007, 04:51:51 PM »
Let me rephrase.  The baby inside the woman is dependent upon the woman as a host for its survival.  The woman is in the superior biological position. 

That is a biological fact.

She runs the show.  It's her body and her choice.

I don't care for the procedure, but I'm not going to bullshit myself to score points.

It's a very emotionally charged issue.
No disrespect, Deck.  Honestly, it's no use in the efforts you put forth to argue against it.

Rephrase it to your heart's content... Dress it up nice and pretty all you want with words like 'procedure', , 'choice', and 'biological fact' yadayadayada.....

It's still 100% bonafide C R A P !!!!!!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2007, 04:57:16 PM »
You never know Ozmo.  We may have you fooled too.  :) 

But I have to confess that I'm jealous that he has a 21 inch neck.  Freakin incredible hulk.  :)
22 inches, bro!  I worked too hard to dismiss that one inch!  lol   :P

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2007, 05:03:20 PM »
Since i first started posting ion GetBIg, I've had many many conversations with both of them.   

BB has a very distinctive style compared to C-500 in the way he forms his arguments. 

C-500 talks more about how he feels about something when debating than BB and BB tends to base his debate points on black and white facts when debating. 

C-500 usually won't engage in ad-hom while BB will usually engage in it for his own personal entertainment. 

C-500 religious views influence his political views greatly and bases many of his arguments on that while BB, in a debate, will point out facts such as studies, polls and research, to back up his conclusions. 

C-500 will debate with you to a point and then drop it altogether while BB will keep debating to the end most of the time.

BB and C-500 are great guys to talk, debate and learn from, but they are 2 distinctly different people.  Something like this is easy to fake for a short time, but very hard to do it over a long period of time without revealing similarities.
Why you gotta be airing my laundry like that, OzmO? >:(   ;) :D ;D

Like I've always said, bro.  When you come to that place that I hope you do soon, you are going to be a force to reckon with.  God help the unbeliever who faces you, bro! 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2007, 05:38:18 PM »
22 inches, bro!  I worked too hard to dismiss that one inch!  lol   :P

Sorry mang!  That oughta be against the law.   :) 

And you better not agree with me too often.  People are taking notes. . . .  :D

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2007, 05:24:29 AM »
Sorry mang!  That oughta be against the law.   :) 
LOL!!!!   ;)

And you better not agree with me too often.  People are taking notes. . . .  :D
So I see!  Takin' good notes too!   ;D

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2007, 05:26:29 AM »
Texas Court: Fetus Death Can Be Murder

4 days ago

AUSTIN, Texas(AP) — Texas laws allow the killing of a fetus to be prosecuted as murder, regardless of the fetus' stage of development, but they do not apply to abortions, the state's highest criminal court has ruled.

Wednesday's ruling by the Court of Criminal Appeals rejected an appeal by Terence Lawrence, who said his right to due process was violated because he was prosecuted for two murders for killing a woman and her 4- to 6-week-old fetus.

The court ruled unanimously that state laws declaring a fetus an individual with protections do not conflict with the U.S. Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade ruling that protects a woman's right to an abortion.

"The Supreme Court has emphasized that states may protect human life not only once the fetus has reached viability but 'from the outset of the pregnancy,'" the court said. "The Legislature is free to protect the lives of those whom it considers to be human beings."

Lawrence was convicted of capital murder and sentenced to life for the 2004 shooting death of his girlfriend, Antwonyia Smith, and the couple's unborn child. Lawrence shot Smith after learning she was pregnant with his child, according to court documents.

Lawrence's appeal argued that he should not have been prosecuted for the death of the fetus because it was not viable. Supreme Court precedent in abortion cases has established that states have no compelling interest to interfere before a fetus would be old enough to live outside the mother's womb, he said.

However, the court said abortion precedent is based on the premise that a woman wants to have the procedure.

"The 'compelling state interest' test, along with the accompanying 'viability' threshold, has no application to a statute that prohibits a third party from causing the death of the woman's unborn child against her will," Presiding Judge Sharon Keller wrote.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2007, 05:57:11 AM »
Texas Court: Fetus Death Can Be Murder
Supreme Court precedent in abortion cases has established that states have no compelling interest to interfere before a fetus would be old enough to live outside the mother's womb, he said.

However, the court said abortion precedent is based on the premise that a woman wants to have the procedure.

So a fetus is considered by the courts to be a human being, and to kill him/her is considered murder by the courts unless the mother wants him/her killed?  ::)

Thanks for the post, Colossus_500!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2007, 06:14:51 AM »
So a fetus is considered by the courts to be a human being, and to kill him/her is considered murder by the courts unless the mother wants him/her killed?  ::)

Thanks for the post, Colossus_500!
Yeah, I loved how the first half of the article reads 'fetus', but the second half is 'human being'.  Like there's a difference!   ::)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2007, 06:52:09 AM »
No disrespect, Deck.  Honestly, it's no use in the efforts you put forth to argue against it.

Rephrase it to your heart's content... Dress it up nice and pretty all you want with words like 'procedure', , 'choice', and 'biological fact' yadayadayada.....

It's still 100% bonafide C R A P !!!!!!
I don't care for abortion any more than you do.  But I can see why a woman would say that it's her body and her choice.

Let's go to the other side of the spectrum and make these women seeking or getting an abortion murderers.  Now we have women tried for murder and receiving the death penalty or life in jail.  Men will not get off easy either since they are as responsible as the woman for the health of that child's safety.  So we are then looking at a man's criminal culpability in either helping the woman to secure an abortion or some sort of criminal negligence in not stopping her from committing the crime...I would say that, as a father, he would have some sort of special duty.

So now we have our court system and our jails occupied by these new kind of murderers.

What about abortions that are medical necessities?  Do we let the mother die?  Or do we charge the mother, father and doctor with murder if the doctor performs the abortion to save the mother's life?

Same goes for incest, rape and fetuses with horrendous birth defects that would likely result in death anyways.

I don't like abortion any more than you do.  But I see the merit in a woman claiming that, until that child is born, it is part of her body and she has the final say in that respect.