Author Topic: Exploiting the Amateur Bodybuilder competitor  (Read 6444 times)

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
Exploiting the Amateur Bodybuilder competitor
« on: November 19, 2007, 07:19:20 PM »
I have never stayed at a five star Hotel while preparing for a bodybuilding show so I guess I was unpreparred for some of the hefty costs. Besides the following, im sure there was more gouging.  But heck, Im not complaining. It was worth it.

Besides the Competitors menue which included: $5 for one egg, $ 12 veggie platter, $20  for the 3 egg white omlette, etc.

One of the more classic charges were the Mandatory Valet parking for your Car of $20 per day

$3 to sign on to the internet and 59 cents per minute to use it.    One of my posts to you guys costed me $45

The ever so class min fridge and wet bar loaded with $3 candy bars, liquer,$3 cans of drinks, $4 rice crispy treets...The best yet is when I asked them to remove all the items from my room because. for one, i dont eat this crap, and for two, I needed the room for my food, a $25 re stocking charge will be added to the bill. 

Along with the $280 rental car that I parked in the $20 per night lot, the room was $160 plus $25 per night in taxes., $300 flight and $150 entry, Bodybuilding is a no joke! its all fun.
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: Exploiting the Amateur Bodybuilder competitor
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:28:24 PM »
I have never stayed at a five star Hotel while preparing for a bodybuilding show so I guess I was unpreparred for some of the hefty costs. Besides the following, im sure there was more gouging.  But heck, Im not complaining. It was worth it.

Besides the Competitors menue which included: $5 for one egg, $ 12 veggie platter, $20  for the 3 egg white omlette, etc.

One of the more classic charges were the Mandatory Valet parking for your Car of $20 per day

$3 to sign on to the internet and 59 cents per minute to use it.    One of my posts to you guys costed me $45

The ever so class min fridge and wet bar loaded with $3 candy bars, liquer,$3 cans of drinks, $4 rice crispy treets...The best yet is when I asked them to remove all the items from my room because. for one, i dont eat this crap, and for two, I needed the room for my food, a $25 re stocking charge will be added to the bill. 

Along with the $280 rental car that I parked in the $20 per night lot, the room was $160 plus $25 per night in taxes., $300 flight and $150 entry, Bodybuilding is a no joke! its all fun.

You could have stayed at a dirty old man's house, like most of the competitors.

Free of charge, you know.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 07:28:55 PM »
Your "sponsor" should be paying for all that stuff.  ;D

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 07:52:20 PM »
That is some outstanding exploitation of a situation.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 07:54:09 PM »
One of my posts to you guys costed me $45

Now that's what I call dedication of epic proportions!  :D

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »
Alex,

The good news is that all of those expenses are losses on your separate Azarian Fitness Sole Proprietorship Schedule C and merely reduces your AGI to allow you a greater income tax refund or simply to raise your exemptions and increase your take-home pay.

Dean Witter
BigNationRadio.com

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:57:58 PM »
Wow that should be classified as rape

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 08:01:22 PM »
You could have stayed at a dirty old man's house, like most of the competitors.

Free of charge, you know.

I wouldn't call it "free".  :-X
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 08:14:11 PM »
I wouldn't call it "free".  :-X

Been down that road have we?  :-[

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 08:16:27 PM »
20 dollars for a 3 egg whites...  :'(

That's taxation without representation..

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 08:17:28 PM »

So Alex, Steroids included for your entire prep, traveling costs and hotel costs added up, what can you roughly say you wasted on this entire ordeal?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 08:26:42 PM »
Alex,

The good news is that all of those expenses are losses on your separate Azarian Fitness Sole Proprietorship Schedule C and merely reduces your AGI to allow you a greater income tax refund or simply to raise your exemptions and increase your take-home pay.

Dean Witter

true, but he could have claimed those items even if he didn't actually spend the money  :-X

you only have to provide receipts if you get audited.
Here comes the money shot

big14

• Getbig III
  • Big muscles are so cool
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 08:54:47 PM »
So in other words it was well worth spending 2-3000 $
that weekend, helping the hotel prosper and make more profit ?

B

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 09:01:36 PM »

And all for a plastic trophy.... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 09:47:20 PM »
Well in his case he's raised his profile considerably

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 05:48:25 AM »
$45 for a post and to check some messages was actually the only cost at the hotel worth it. 
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 06:40:41 AM »
Stay at cheap-ass serviced apartments where you can cook your own food.

'Slumming it' is the new black.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 07:34:15 AM »
And all for a plastic trophy.... :-\
usa and national trophies are far from plastic...

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 07:39:03 AM »
hahahah first rule of bodybuilding...no $ is made until you gay it out...
The Number 2 in Scranton

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 08:30:58 AM »

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

I guess the NPC just assumes you're making the millions that all the IFBB pros are making!  ;)

NEVER stay at the "official" or recommended hotel again!
just not good enough

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 08:43:41 AM »

:-[

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 09:50:17 AM »

I only saw a handful of G4P shoots taking place outside at the hotel, but there was a *ton* of P4S activity. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 09:53:40 AM »
The people who run food delivery businesses during big contest weekends are the ones who really missed out on a golden opportunity here, especially if they'd had the ability to offer late-night service.  

If you'd come to town and rented a commercial kitchen space downtown for the weekend, you probably could've grossed $30,000 during the 4 days we were there.  

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 09:55:23 AM »
Even though there were less expensive hotels within just a few blocks of the Fairmont, the convenience of having the show right downstairs from your room is, well, just about priceless.  It can save you a fortune on alcohol. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 11:12:19 AM »
I only saw a handful of G4P shoots taking place outside at the hotel, but there was a *ton* of P4S activity. 

Hey Tre, Expand upon this a little if you don't mind.

Everybody talks about G4P like it's a given. How does it actually go down?  I'm curious.