Author Topic: WH Prss Sec McClellan: "Bush, Cheney, Rove were all involved in CIA leak coverup  (Read 3198 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Bullshit...you can't have it both ways. They are both providing aid to the enemy no matter how you want to look at it...

and I heard with my own ears/read transcripts with my own eyes of testimony from her superiors that she was not covert.....but I'm not wasting more time on that.....point is, like it or not nothing will come of that situation regardless....so why waste time discussing it...

have what both ways? - you say that the two are equivalent and I MUST agree with you?

The two are completely different issues - one is the outing of a COVERT agent by the White House and can gave you an example of how that could be viewed as treason.

The other is a "what if" on the future of an ongoing occupation.    It might be treason if we had a secret date to withdraw and the White House LEAKED it.  Yeah - then I might see that as treason. 

Other than that we'd have to have  long coversation about how to wind down this occupation and how it should be done but that's a completely different topic and has nothing to do with the outing of Plame.

If you would humor me - I'd be glad to see some of your proof that Plame was not covert when she was outed by the White House.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Straw feel free to search my history of posts concerning Plame, but serisouly I wasted many hours debating that issue and as far as I am concerned it is a dead issue now. Nothing will come of it either way......
gotta love life

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Straw feel free to search my history of posts concerning Plame, but serisouly I wasted many hours debating that issue and as far as I am concerned it is a dead issue now. Nothing will come of it either way......

MM69 - I've wasted too many hours myself.   There is no doubt in my mind that Plame was covert.  That's a proven fact by now.  I'd be glad to look at your "evidence" to the contrary but I'm not going to waste my time looking for it.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
MM69 - I've wasted too many hours myself.   There is no doubt in my mind that Plame was covert.  That's a proven fact by now.  I'd be glad to look at your "evidence" to the contrary but I'm not going to waste my time looking for it.

I just tried to dig up some of my other posts...to much searching....and it just isn't worth it.....
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
Here since I am bored out of my gourd waiting for the bell to ring:

The trial has provided convincing evidence that there was no conspiracy to punish Mr. Wilson by leaking Ms. Plame's identity -- and no evidence that she was, in fact, covert.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/06/AR2007030602020.html

Toensing testified that Plame was not a covert operative as defined by the Intelligence Identities Protection Act (which she had helped draft as a Senate staffer in 1982) if only because she was not stationed overseas for the CIA the past five years.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/03/was_valerie_covert.html

In fact the only person that i can find a quote from saying that Plame was covert was Mrs. Plame herself. The CIA refused to answer....So it is basically one word against the other.
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
oh and to pre-empt you... Hayden's "testimony" was given to the jury..wait for it.....SECOND HAND!!....hmmmmm
gotta love life

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Here since I am bored out of my gourd waiting for the bell to ring:

The trial has provided convincing evidence that there was no conspiracy to punish Mr. Wilson by leaking Ms. Plame's identity -- and no evidence that she was, in fact, covert.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/06/AR2007030602020.html

Toensing testified that Plame was not a covert operative as defined by the Intelligence Identities Protection Act (which she had helped draft as a Senate staffer in 1982) if only because she was not stationed overseas for the CIA the past five years.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/03/was_valerie_covert.html

In fact the only person that i can find a quote from saying that Plame was covert was Mrs. Plame herself. The CIA refused to answer....So it is basically one word against the other.

the trial was not about proving or disproving Plame's covert status and the veracity of statements by Toensing have been questioned by many people. 

All that aside - recently de-classified CIA documents show that she Plame met the test of covert status:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18924679/

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
Just for future reference...I will never look at anything that is from MSNBC or FOX news....not credible
gotta love life

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Just for future reference...I will never look at anything that is from MSNBC or FOX news....not credible

hah! - well I agree with you about Fox and I can see why you might feel that way about MSNBC (though I don't share that opinion).
I won't read anything by Robert Novak for the same reason.

Here's a copy of the declassified CIA doc that was referenced in the article - couldn't find a way to scale down the file so it will be in multiple pages posted separately.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
second page

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
third page