Author Topic: For all the shit talked about Dave Palumbo  (Read 6876 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
For all the shit talked about Dave Palumbo
« on: November 20, 2007, 09:04:13 PM »
He prepped the

Nationals Overall winner
Womens heavyweight winner
Mens welterweight winner
Mens MW runner up
Mens heavyweight 4th place finisher

Among many others who I dont know about............. He must not be that bad fellas.

Please Discuss

marcus

• Getbig IV
Re: For all the shit talked about Dave Palumbo
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 09:09:09 PM »
He also prepped Billy Guns.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 09:22:59 PM »
He prepped the

Nationals Overall winner
Mens welterweight winner
Mens MW runner up

Among many others who I dont know about............. He must not be that bad fellas.

there is no doubt about it dave knows his stuff.. he is a very intelligent guy. many would consider him a genisus when it comes to contest prep..but he has made some bad choices and many it seems won't let him live it down

Please Discuss
irongearco.com

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 09:28:29 PM »

994 post 20 inches calves, and you dont have the whole posting with quotes thing down yet ???

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »

994 post 20 inches calves, and you dont have the whole posting with quotes thing down yet ???

hahah, this whole interweb thing is tricky. I think it's just a fad anyway.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 09:50:42 PM »
I understand your point, Flex. S. ... I've always viewed Dave as a very, VERY intelligent person. He definitely knows his shit ... oh, well ... GetBig will be GetBig ( still like this Board better than the others though  ;) ).  :-\

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 09:53:16 PM »
He got busted knowingly selling fake dope, and he has one of the worst bbing diseases known to man named after him, Palumboism, do you think that's a coincidence?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 09:53:35 PM »
Dave is obviously pretty good at what he does and he is an intelligent person, at least as far as book smarts are concerned (selling fake gear = stupid and uncool).

He always had plenty of mass and excellent conditioning.  The reason he did not turn pro was due to his structure, but that is obviously out of a person's control.  He helps bring his athletes bodybuilders to the show as big and conditioned as possible.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 10:02:33 PM »
He also prepped Billy Guns.

hahahaha gold ;D

Yeah he seems like a bit of a tool, but he must know his stuff ;).

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 10:22:05 PM »

i guess not

anyways what i tried to say the first time was that i agree that dave knows what he is talking about..i think alost of people would consider him a genusis  in the nurtritionand drug department however his lack of judgement has caused alot of hate or dislike for the man. like derek dave seems to bring alot of his past problems on himself.

on a side note i have met him on several occassions and he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet though...ok i am done with my ramble
irongearco.com

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 10:28:04 PM »
My main problem with Dave is....

WHY DOES A MAN WEAR EYELINER ???  Where I come from, if a dude puts on make up and goes out in public, "he" would get "his" skull kicked in, no questions asked.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 10:29:48 PM »
He prepped the

Nationals Overall winner
Mens welterweight winner
Mens MW runner up

Please Discuss
Yes, but on getbig, this is not good enough...it's not possible for anything for anyone to be "good enough."

I'll go ahead and make a prophetic claim here. Mark my words, in the next 10yrs max, the Dave Palumbo style of dieting and contest prep will be the norm. Bodybuilding is always in an evolving state, after all, that's part of it's very nature. But it always takes a lot of time for new ideas and methods to be accepted by the majority.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 10:32:10 PM »
My main problem with Dave is....

WHY DOES A MAN WEAR EYELINER ???  Where I come from, if a dude puts on make up and goes out in public, "he" would get "his" skull kicked in, no questions asked.

I don't care if he does this or not. As far as I'm concerned, he could walk around with a strawberry douche wrapped around a chain on his neck...this wouldn't make his advice or ideas any less valuable or worthwhile.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 10:34:13 PM »
Arnold Jr.

Why do you defend Dave Palumbo so much?  Does he work with you closely?

"1"

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 10:34:19 PM »
I don't care if he does this or not. As far as I'm concerned, he could walk around with a strawberry douche wrapped around a chain on his neck...this wouldn't make his advice or ideas any less valuable or worthwhile.

translation: I think Dave looks kinda cute in that mascara

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 10:38:18 PM »

You would take advice from someone with a strawberry douche on a chain around his neck :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 10:50:48 PM »
Arnold Jr.

Why do you defend Dave Palumbo so much?  Does he work with you closely?

"1"
Dave is my guru. He's also one of the nicest most genuine guys out there...zero bullshit when dealing with him. Dave has done a good deal for me, and I can't stand seeing a good person ridiculed, especially when the ridicule is BS and most of the ridicule stems from people who obviously haven't the first clues as to what's going on or what they're even talking about.

You would take advice from someone with a strawberry douche on a chain around his neck :-\
Why, you got good advice to offer, lol?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 10:59:24 PM »
In all fairness, can't we assume that since:
Dave is my guru.

You probably pay him and he would then naturally appear to be:
He's also one of the nicest most genuine guys out there...zero bullshit when dealing with him.

I would certainly hope that he:
Dave has done a good deal for me

His reputation is one that he has garnered based on bullshit that has been taken out of hand throughout the forums and by word of mouth, not to mention that some people here might have been "sold" fake shit by him, that might have further caused them to get complications of some sort, which would in turn, make them ridicule him...
and I can't stand seeing a good person ridiculed, especially when the ridicule is BS and most of the ridicule stems from people who obviously haven't the first clues as to what's going on or what they're even talking about.

If he is good to you, that is all that counts, but to come on here and defend the guy as much as you are doing, takes a lot.

You seem to be a good friend.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 11:12:10 PM »
In all fairness, can't we assume that since:
You probably pay him and he would then naturally appear to be:

Sure, I've paid him for "guru" advice, but Dave has done things for me without any money exchanging hands and helped me with several things...both bodybuilding related and non bodybuilding related.

So he's a good person in my book

not to mention that some people here might have been "sold" fake shit by him, that might have further caused them to get complications of some sort, which would in turn, make them ridicule him...
People will always bring this up...I understand, it's hard not to. But I've defended this as much as I know how, I've said what the actual truth is...people can believe it or not, that's up to them...but I gain nothing out of it either way.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 11:20:50 PM »
Dave's a 260 pound man who wears eye liner and has blush on his cheeks. Not a good combo Dave.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 11:35:42 PM »
whatever
~

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 11:42:44 PM »
Sure, I've paid him for "guru" advice, but Dave has done things for me without any money exchanging hands and helped me with several things...both bodybuilding related and non bodybuilding related.

So he's a good person in my book
People will always bring this up...I understand, it's hard not to. But I've defended this as much as I know how, I've said what the actual truth is...people can believe it or not, that's up to them...but I gain nothing out of it either way.

But why does he wear eyeliner?

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 11:46:19 PM »
DONT F### WITH PALUMBO  >:(

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 11:53:32 PM »
i think alost of people would consider him a genusis  in the nurtritionand drug department
I think his technical knowledge of drugs and to a certain degree nutrition is pretty pathetic, for a guy promoting himself as a science-minded, schooled guy. I'm sure he has a lot of practical experience though, which is very valuable. Of course you learn a lot by experimenting with different combos of drugs and have clients do the same. But a lot of the stuff he has written about drugs has been laughable. If you are going to talk science at least get it somewhat right.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 11:55:56 PM »
The newspapers wrote about his operation when he was busted. I find it hard to believe he didn't know it was fake or counterfeit. But who knows, maybe he was duped as well. Seems unlikely though.