Author Topic: WHERE ARE ALL THESE MASSIVE POUNDAGE "GYMS" THAT YOU GUYS KEEP TALKING ABOUT???  (Read 9602 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
seems like everytime you turn around there's another poster talking about how common it is to see guys benching 500 for reps, squatting 700 for reps and pressing 315 behind the neck for reps so where are these gyms because i've seen less than a handful of guys in my life do these things? here's what i'm talking about.

I agree with you. 3 plates behind the neck on a smith is very common in my gym amoung the bigger guys.

mass 04

• Getbig V
I've only seen one guy attempt to bench 500, and the whole place literally stopped. It was like an event, I think half these "gyms" are in their imagination.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
where is the "guy" who is claiming these things?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
I've only seen one guy attempt to bench 500, and the whole place literally stopped. It was like an event, I think half these "gyms" are in their imagination.
i've seen one guy in my whole life do more than one rep on the bench with 500 and it was a Samoan freak of nature who probably came out of the womb benching 315.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
i've seen one guy in my whole life do more than one rep on the bench with 500 and it was a Samoan freak of nature who probably came out of the womb benching 315.
Everyone at Onlyme's gym in Hawaii benches 500lbs  :D

I agree that 500lbs benches are pretty damn rare, unless it's Louie Simmons' Westside gym or something. When I was a young kid I saw a guy do 2 triples with 240kg's (about 530lbs). That was damn impressive to me at the time.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
was that Samoan freak of nature Onlyme, Dave?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Everyone at Onlyme's gym in Hawaii benches 500lbs  :D

I agree that 500lbs benches are pretty damn rare, unless it's Louie Simmons' Westside gym or something. When I was a young kid I saw a guy do 2 triples with 240kg's (about 530lbs). That was damn impressive to me at the time.

Hah, its not now? 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Hah, its not now? 
Yes it is. But it was all the more impressive to a 17 year old kid training at a very small gym where the top bench was 350lbs. The guy was passing through town, came in and just threw on 530lbs.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
seems like everytime you turn around there's another poster talking about how common it is to see guys benching 500 for reps, squatting 700 for reps and pressing 315 behind the neck for reps so where are these gyms because i've seen less than a handful of guys in my life do these things? here's what i'm talking about.

hahahahaha exactly!!! I must be missing out on my chance to be a member of such a house of terror!!!!!!!!!!

oh brother, i would say that I am one of the three strongest guys in my gym  ;D (we are not talking about la fitness) and I couldnt in my wildest dreams lift what the majority of the regular "guys" at these powerhouse move on a daily basis while talking on their mobiles!!!!!!!!!!

bigtraps

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Oh, and let’s not forget the 225-300 pound STRICT bicep curls.  Love that one.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
hahaha "strict".

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
hahahahaha they're probably as strict as sasha ogatas feminiity

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
hahahahahaha.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Oh, and let’s not forget the 225-300 pound STRICT bicep curls.  Love that one.

On a serious note, are there really bb's that bicep curl 300 pounds?

Why would you want to do that?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
maybe they want a hernia?

mass 04

• Getbig V
On a serious note, are there really bb's that bicep curl 300 pounds?

Why would you want to do that?

I think Lee Priest claimed a 310 BB curl

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
I think the world record in the strict curl is 250lbs, or there abouts. To put it in perspective.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
When I trained at Chester's Gym (Later New Life Fitness) in Hickory, NC, I saw Grant Pitts

bench 550 raw for reps in a workout and do a behind the neck press with free weights with 405 for a triple (for years, there was a pic of him doing this by the squat racks) and saw Gene Howell squat to parallel (NOT below) 765 for 12 with knee wraps and a belt.

At Flex gym in Virginia Beach, where I trained the past year, Jeff Turner benched 500 raw, we have several 700+ Deadlifters and when I was there a National Champ for women's division that squatted 500+ and benched over 300.

I've been fortunate to train at gyms with some real monsters, but I've NEVER been to a gym where a 315 behind the neck is "common"!

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
The only guy I've seen bench over 500 in a gym (as opposed to a MEET) was an ex-powerlifter (he wasn't "ex" at the time) in New York state.  He warmed up with 135, 225, 315, 405, then slapped 505 on the bar and put that shit up like it was nothing.  He wasn't juicing at the time that I know of, and the lift was done raw.  Of course, he's like 5'4" with arms that are about 10 inches long and had a huge barrel chest, so he was built to bench.  Lucky fucker.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
my gym is hardcore as hell!
Z

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
onlyme used to do strict 315lb curls (natural) every week training with ray mentzer (RIP).

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
I think to many people think they lift in Golds Venice during the 80's :-\

bigmc

• Getbig V
my gym is hardcore as hell!

home gyms with 5lb dumbells don't count

hope that helps
T

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
onlyme used to do strict 315lb curls (natural) every week training with ray mentzer (RIP).

I don't believe that for one second.

England_1

• Getbig IV
I did see a wickedly strong guy bench 175lb dumbells at a gym called Eagle Gyms in St. Louis. I really liked that gym, very hardcore. But the place reeked of rotten pizza.
Team Yates