Author Topic: .  (Read 11764 times)

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
Re: The Ideal Physique???
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2007, 09:40:13 PM »
To look like that without juicing is impossible for me.

Dont think
I can be much bigger while staying at
low bf levels
and without juice.

So I am stuck looking like this  :(   :

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2007, 09:53:08 PM »
If thats you your lookin sick bro :o, good shit!!!

*Fixed

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2007, 09:55:30 PM »
If thats you you lookin sick bro :o, good shit!!!
nice organization :)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2007, 10:04:27 PM »
Mentzer in a similar location.
Who's physique would you prefer?
[img]

When I looked at the pic, my first thought was that he was a poor man's Mentzer, which isn't bad.

As far as Leonard's physique being naturally attainable, it wasn't for him. So, if it is attainable, the person would need to have much better genetics than Leonard.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2007, 10:13:01 PM »
I intentionally didn't say anything about dosage.   I believe the best looking physiques (wrt symmetry and proportionality) are developed with moderate doses over many years, which is still a large amount of steroids.   Guys who do large doses over a short period of time get very big very quickly but don't look as good.

That makes sense - multiple moderate dose cycles would still add up to lots over the long run.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2007, 10:16:05 PM »

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2007, 10:34:12 PM »

Dont think
low bf levels
and without juice.

Epic bragging under the guise of self pity.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2007, 11:01:06 PM »
If thats you your lookin sick bro :o, good shit!!!

Ty Honour, you have a very good physique yourself.

Matt C:

Next to 270lbs low bf guys or pics like Mentzer makes me feel weak and puny, nothing I
can do about it unless I do drugs.
If was bragging I would post my pic all over the place like sevaste or waddydaddy

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2007, 11:54:45 PM »
Ty Honour, you have a very good physique yourself.

Matt C:

Next to 270lbs low bf guys or pics like Mentzer makes me feel weak and puny, nothing I
can do about it unless I do drugs.
If was bragging I would post my pic all over the place like sevaste or waddydaddy

You are looking very, very well.  It also doesn't surprise me that you hit a natural plateau.  You can only build so much lean muscle without using drugs.  That's just biology!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2007, 12:23:01 AM »

Dont think
low bf levels
and without juice.

What is your weight and height?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007, 12:32:16 AM »
What is your weight and height?

and age?  as you get into your late 20s and early 30s you'll find it hard to maintain that, especially the narrow waist.   

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2007, 12:41:51 AM »
1.The best days in BB was when average people could think they could attain the pro's size (eg. Zane) and be comparable. It gives people a sense of achievement when they get close,

2.but in reality, naturally, they wouldn't be anywhere near that combo of size AND cuts.

agree with the first part.

as for the 2nd, i feel it is possible to look like zane naturally, but in 2-3x as long. zane was one of the smaller pros in terms of muscle size.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2007, 12:50:55 AM »
as for the 2nd, i feel it is possible to look like zane naturally, but in 2-3x as long. zane was one of the smaller pros in terms of muscle size.
That's an error in thinking you can get to a certain level naturally but that it's only going to take much longer. You reach your natural limit very quickly - provided you do things somewhat correctly as far as eating and training. You will probably build 95%+ of your potential muscle mass the first couple of years of training. If you look nothing like Zane after a couple of years it's not going to happen without hormones.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2007, 12:51:59 AM »

Dont think
low bf levels
and without juice.

dude I'm quite sure many on here would be happy with your physique as an "deal."

good work man.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2007, 12:59:16 AM »
that guys physique is identical to lockett,and to me is the ideal look.

bench

Yeah and lockett is 100% natural. Just hard work!!

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2007, 01:42:23 AM »
That's an error in thinking you can get to a certain level naturally but that it's only going to take much longer. You reach your natural limit very quickly - provided you do things somewhat correctly as far as eating and training. You will probably build 95%+ of your potential muscle mass the first couple of years of training. If you look nothing like Zane after a couple of years it's not going to happen without hormones.

Man, This was certainly my case. I gained about 50 pounds in the 1st 3 years of training (17-20)
while staying @ about the same body fat level (unless dieting) and then the next 3 years (20-23) maybe gained 10 pounds of muscle. That's when the big decision had to be made and I had too many
hereditary potential health issues that steroids would only increase the chances of coming to pass.

I'm glad I didn't go that direction because I have good health and because of the bodybuilding
lifestyle and genetics look @ least 10 years younger than I am.

BTW - What is your waist size Brandon? You look freakin awesome in that pic.
You'll definately not be getting any sympathy from anyone around here.     

bmuscle90

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2007, 10:51:45 AM »
Natural bodybuilder Ben Tenessen..

Another natural bodybuilder Anthony Presciano has a good build too.  Sponser for Bsn ads and was in natural bodybuilding magazine.

Dont need to take drugs to look good.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2007, 11:27:04 AM »
the size is achieveable natural but not the condition combined with that size, a natural of that size will have a nice layer of fat over it, still impressive though.

Truth! It's one thing to carry extraordinary muscle mass; it's quite another to carry that same mass at low single digit body fat. Gary Leonard was one of the top bodybuilders in his day. You don't walk around with that level of muscle mass AND that level of body fat and condition without anabolics.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2007, 11:36:44 AM »
Epic bragging under the guise of self pity.  ;D

LOL! That's what I thought also. The guy looks fantastic and knows it. Nothing wrong with that. Not many on this board can match him even though they juice more then he does. Still, "epic" perception by Matt C.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2007, 11:44:05 AM »

Another insightful comment by Van. It always cracks me up this thinking that without drugs it will just take longer. I think if you're already an adult then after a good five years (though probably 3 years but I leave some room for learning what type of training best suits you) of natural serious hard training you've pretty much max out on muscle mass. You may do a little polishing and make some marginal improvements after that but nothing really noticeable to anyone other than you.

The Jeenius

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2007, 11:50:21 AM »
Natural bodybuilder Ben Tenessen..

Another natural bodybuilder Anthony Presciano has a good build too.  Sponser for Bsn ads and was in natural bodybuilding magazine.

Dont need to take drugs to look good.

Those guys take drugs.
You have a lot to learn.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2007, 12:09:27 PM »

Dont think
low bf levels
and without juice.

damn..dude, good job
keep up the hard work
Here comes the money shot

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2007, 12:15:35 PM »
I retract my previous ideal and submit my favorite bodybuilder, THE GREAT YAN

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2007, 01:53:53 PM »
No, it is not.   His physique, like all the pros of the late 1970s and early 1980s, is what you get with large amounts of steroids.    It only looks like something that could be obtained naturally because you're so use to looking at today's GH and insulin filled pros.

Word.   :-[

Bill Davey has my ideal physique.  To me the ideal physique is not a frozen statue or a vehicle for posing; it is one you actually use for athleticism.  Too many BB have bodies that are fun to look at but can't really do much physically.  :-\

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2007, 02:28:32 PM »
somuch goes into my decision over whats the "ideal" physique..i htink you guys over look alot of the minor details that REALLY conrtibute to a physiques image. things like the shape of muscle striations, not just the presence of striations but how they look, which direction they flow in, if they are symetrical or not.. also, ab shape means a fucking shit load.  alot of people forget about the pec/delt tie in as well.    for those attribute, i like michael locketts pec striations, dexter jacksons shoulder striations, craig titus back in the day for tricep striations, mark dugdale for quad striations, flex wheeler for back striations, and dorian yates for calves. for ab shape, i would go with the abdomen of mark dugdale, but with the lower portion/hip flexors of bob paris.  pec/delt tie-in has got to go to gustavo badell.